Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 36527 Posts

Not really news, expected.

Sources: Resident Evil 3 remake in development

Dead excited.

Capcom will follow its successful Resident Evil 2 remake with a new version of Resident Evil 3, a report today suggests.

This comes from YouTuber SpawnWave, who said it was on track for a 2020 launch.

Eurogamer has heard of the project also. Sources close to its development suggest it has been in development for some time - although the franchise's upcoming multiplayer portion Project Resistance is currently being given the spotlight.

Development on the game has been hinted at, more or less, by Capcom itself in the past - the developer suggested more remakes of its classic back catalogue would follow if Resident Evil 2 sold well.

And considering the positive fan response to the brilliantly creepy Resi 2 redo, the fact Resi 3 is in development should be of little surprise. Its terrifying Mr. X was a standout - and the modding scene went to town putting him in a thong and turning him into Thomas the Tank Engine

While we wait, this impressive Resident Evil 3 HD texture pack gives us a glimpse at what it all might look like.

Capcom declined to comment when contacted by Eurogamer.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 6526 Posts

Finally Jill getting some love. Hoping for much sexier outfits and maybe a Regina (Dino Crisis) outfit.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25756 Posts

Cool. I'll definitely be getting this one as well. Capcom has been killing it with their games as of late.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 1738 Posts

That's good news. Capcom did a great job with Resident Evil 2 Remake so hopefully they do a good job again with remaking Resident Evil 3.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 5442 Posts

**** yes. Gladly skipping Project RE and wait for this one!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11172 Posts

I wanted RE8 in first person. not some crappy remake. beside RE3 was inferior expansion to RE2 so capcom choose to remake inferior sequel instead of making a sequel to best RE game ever made. Great!!

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 1926 Posts

This has the potential to be really great, even better than 2. I hope it gets bigger environments to really get the feel of being in a city. It would be cool to be able to look down on huge hords of zombies. You would have to be strategic to move through certain areas, and with the choices of saving people or not.

And if they do the same thing with Nemesis as they did with Mr X he will be a complete nightmare. Jill would have to be able to dodge really well, with a running Nemesis after her, equipped with a rocket launcher :o.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5275 Posts

Since Eurogamer seems to be backing it up, it looks like a done deal. I can't wait to play it, but it seems like it's coming out so soon after the last one.

Anyway, what do they do when they get to 5 and 6? Are those "classics" worthy of remaking? Hardly.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29044 Posts

Definitely expected after Resident Evil 2 Remake’s success but is awesome to hear nonetheless. RE2R is likely my GotY for 2019 so I’m super hyped for a Resident Evil 3 Remake.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 uninspiredcup

@Martin_G_N said:

This has the potential to be really great, even better than 2. I hope it gets bigger environments to really get the feel of being in a city. It would be cool to be able to look down on huge hords of zombies. You would have to be strategic to move through certain areas, and with the choices of saving people or not.

And if they do the same thing with Nemesis as they did with Mr X he will be a complete nightmare. Jill would have to be able to dodge really well, with a running Nemesis after her, equipped with a rocket launcher :o.

I really hope it doesn't just carbon copy 2 and ditches the multiple story-path concept Resident Evil 3 implemented. Fantastic idea limited by the technoligy, they now have an opportunity to full realise it.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clone01
Member since 2003 • 27619 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

I wanted RE8 in first person. not some crappy remake. beside RE3 was inferior expansion to RE2 so capcom choose to remake inferior sequel instead of making a sequel to best RE game ever made. Great!!

No one cares what you think.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54351 Posts

I hope this is true. RE3 would be amazing with some RE2 remake magic. I kinda wish they did Zero and 1 in the same fashion.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 24830 Posts

@ghosts4ever: What makes you think they aren't doing RE8? Both RE2R and RE7 sold well. Obviously, they're making more of both.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39470 Posts

I still want Dino Crisis get the same treatment from RE2 remake in due time Capcom. Dinosaur games are rare these days. Otherwise, RE3 Remake is fine by me :)

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 5649 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Shhh...your opinion means nothing here.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3525 Posts

I think it might be announced at the game awards.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#18 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 5356 Posts

@ghosts4ever:

Re3 had Nemesis. Which was a superior version of Mr. X, aka Tyrant. That's the biggest thing I'm curious about for Re3 Remake. How will they handle his behavior?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@ghosts4ever:

Re3 had Nemesis. Which was a superior version of Mr. X, aka Tyrant. That's the biggest thing I'm curious about for Re3 Remake. How will they handle his behavior?

Not sure i'd agree with this.

While mechanically, Nemesis doesn't just reset once you run past him, you do tend to fight him one too many times In Resident 3, using the same strategy (typically running into his shoulder) and his design from a personal perspective I found too overdone compared to Mr.X

Mr.X is very much akin to Michael Myers where from a distance he has a human silhouette and human-features, but somethings off. It's what sets him apart from the other creatures in the Resident Evil universe, his sparseness of design where he looks closer to humanity than the typical "Thing" inspired creatures.

Resident Evil 2 correctly didn't over-design him, basically keeping his core design and adding a fedora, giving him an almost old man appearance who makes no noise, again much like Michael Myers. '

Loading Video...

Nemesis by comparison is design overload, a 12 year olds nightmare monster drawn with crayons. I was never that keen on him compared to Mr.X, though I am aware he is far more popular.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#20 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 5356 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

Well, that's kind of a bias. And I was referring to my personal taste, not objectively. I think that's what it normally comes down to. Nemesis was a nightmare once he sets his sights on you and the fact that he sprints just made it horrifying! Though it's funny you should mention it being a kid's nightmare -- I was a little girl playing Resident Evil 3 at the time. That might have something to do with it.

Mr. X definitely got scarier in Resident Evil 2 Remake. That quietness and creepy calmness all comes together beautifully.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 2748 Posts

@AcidTango said:

That's good news. Capcom did a great job with Resident Evil 2 Remake so hopefully they do a good again with remaking Resident Evil 3.

I agree.