Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:
@davillain- said:

Got this bad boy pre-order on PC and ready to be play this Friday!

Same. Even buying the "**** you we're overcharging edition" for the original RE2 music.

Umm. If you really do have to pre-order a 5 hours game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I was a PS1 lover, and I don't recall any Xbox gamers hating on RE cause not on Xbox? The only case that would have even happened was RE4.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@davillain- said:

Got this bad boy pre-order on PC and ready to be play this Friday!

Same. Even buying the "**** you we're overcharging edition" for the original RE2 music.

Umm. If you really do have to pre-order a 5 hours game.

Loading Video...

But yea, thanks for the link.

Usually use gamingdragons

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Thought it could be cheaper elsewhere, I didn't search too hard :)

Thanks for the link, are they reliable? GK4A usually gets the game to you in a couple of minutes, GMG are way faster but the prices aren't as good and Kinguin tend to have hidden charges because they use third parties to provide the keys.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 uninspiredcup

@GarGx1: Yep, used them for years.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Just pre-ordered the Deluxe version on CDKeys for $69CAD. GMG was right around the $70CAD mark as well, but they charge in USD. Kinda excited to see the difference between the remake soundtrack and the original.

Edit: Actually, with the market rate being 1.335, then low estimate would be about $75 on GMG, and that's at base cash rates and not what a CC would charge (probably closer to 1.4 instead of 1.36.)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By uninspiredcup

‘Classic 98’ Costumes Announced as DLC For ‘Resident Evil 2’

If you fancy playing the upcoming Resident Evil 2 remake as the old-school character models of Leon and Claire then do we have some news for you.

At the launch party for the game, it was announced that ‘Classic 98’ costumes will be available as DLC for the game, making the heroes of the Raccoon City incident into their blocky 90’s selves once more.

The DLC will be available in Japan at launch with a special PSN card on PS4 being one of several ways to claim it, but will be free for everyone from March 22nd. There’s currently no confirmation as to what other platforms will get the DLC.

Here’s a brief clip of the Leon retro skin in action.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 lundy86_4

This game seems to be doing a competent remake, and fan-service correctly.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@boxrekt: Odd comparison. Old-school RE games have always been gameplay-oriented action-adventures. They're not remotely comparable to modern cinematic games, where gameplay often takes a backseat to cinematics.

Da fuk are you talking about gameplay taking a back seat to cinematics?

This game is no different than any Sony title in how it uses the execution of cinematics and narration to drive gameplay.

Don't make dumb ass arguments you aren't even capable of defending.

Are you suggesting that gameplay takes a back seat in God of War, Spiderman and Horizon Zero Dawn because these are some of the titles people call movie games? If so can you explain how is Resident Evil 2 remake not doing the same as these games without looking like an idiot?

Explain In detail, so we can all see how good your mental gymnastics are.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@Jag85 said:

@boxrekt: Odd comparison. Old-school RE games have always been gameplay-oriented action-adventures. They're not remotely comparable to modern cinematic games, where gameplay often takes a backseat to cinematics.

Da fuk are you talking about gameplay taking a back seat to cinematics?

This game is no different than any Sony title in how it uses the execution of cinematics and narration to drive gameplay.

Don't make dumb ass arguments you aren't even capable of defending.

Are you suggesting that gameplay takes a back seat in God of War, Spiderman or Horizon Zero Dawn takes a back seat? If so can you explain how is Resident Evil 2 remake not doing the same without looking like an idiot?

Explain In detail, so we can all see how good your mental gymnastics are.

But you usually do that then shout "simply google it, it's common knowledge"

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BoxRekt

@MonsieurX: I wasn't taking to you and don't need an explanation of what it is since dumb people are the one's who use the term and can't defend it when they try to pretend like it doesn't apply to games that aren't from Sony.

If you want to butt in why don't you explain how RE2 is different than those games people call "movie games" other than not being associated with Sony?

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Wow! I may have to pick this one up. Gonna try out the demo.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MonsieurX

@boxrekt said:

@MonsieurX: I wasn't taking to you and don't need an explanation of what it is since dumb people are the one's who use the term and can't defend it when they try to pretend like it doesn't apply to games that aren't from Sony.

If you want to butt in why don't you explain how RE2 is different than those games people call "movie games" other than not being associated with Sony?

It's common knowledge, simply google it

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lundy86_4
@MonsieurX said:
@boxrekt said:

It's common knowledge, simply google it

Haha.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#65 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

91 Metascore too. Holy shit, please give me this game already

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

@MonsieurX: Nicely done. ??

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@henrythefifth: Stop being a dipshit troll.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MonsieurX

@Archangel3371 said:

@MonsieurX: Nicely done. ??

It's even funnier because

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/anthem-downgrade-33450110/?page=2

@boxrekt said:
@fedor said:

@boxrekt: A YouTube video?

Don't be a schmuck, if you want more info do your own research.

This is why it's pointless to reply with anything to you lot because you'd predictably dismiss whatever is posted like a do nothing slob.

This info matches multiple other leaked info about PS5 that I've read from multiple other scores.

You said i pulled it "from my ass" so don't try to get picky about the sources I provide to you that show you were wrong. Not providing you anymore leg work than this, the internet isn't blocked bud, if you're not satisfied

Google is your friend.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

@MonsieurX: Oh my. ???

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Okay, I'm really loving Steam's Regional Pricing. Got the Deluxe Edition of the game for 1800 PHP or around 35 USD. Sweeeeeeeet.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#71 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@Telekill said:

@ghosts4ever: First person in RE has never been good. If you like it so much go get a copy of Survivor on PS1.

How has it "never been good"? RE7 was GOTY level. Scariest RE in decades

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

ugh, I cannot wait. I see there are some videos of hunk but I'm didn't watch them. Not gonna watch any videos until I beat the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@boxrekt said:

Interested to see if this will get hate from the usual xbox and PC fanboys who always bash cinematic, narrative driven, 3rd person action games now that a AAA title in this setting isn't a Sony exclusive?

I'm sure none of those people who flock to and preach about the horrible SONY "movie games" are going to like this game.

O_o Let me find out?

The Tomb Raider reboots are multiplatform movie games that get plenty of hate, from me included. You're really reaching. It's pathetic how much you care about your precious corporation.

Another one is Quantum Break. Isn't Ryse cinematic? Also, there are complaints in the Doom thread about the new Wolfenstein having too many cinematic interrupts. So other publishers do it too. People just pay more attention to Sony because these elements are requirements in all their big photorealistic exclusives now.

Problem is my post isn't about "my corporation" it's about the hypocritical idiots who use the argument in my post.

The fact that my post triggered you says everything.

So, basically, you can make up dumb shit and if anybody calls you out, they're "triggered." You're an idiot.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@boxrekt said:

We don't need to defend the term. Sony already admitted movie games are a real thing.

Loading Video...

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JasonOfA36

@cainetao11: TBF, GOTY for RE7 is a bit of a stretch, but yeah, best Resident Evil so far this gen. RE2 Remake will probably be better, or at least as good as 7.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 uninspiredcup

@ezekiel43 said:
@boxrekt said:

We don't need to defend the term. Sony already admitted movie games are a real thing.

Loading Video...

Dam, that was pretty sexist. Not even that old an ad.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

So IGN had to heavily revise their review and change the score after they learned their reviewer didn't actually finish the game... WTF?!?!?!?!

[Editor's Note: This review has been updated to correct a factual error regarding the way you unlock the 2nd Game mode, and as a result, the score has been increased from 8.8 to 9.0. We regret the error and really like Resident Evil 2.]

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By uninspiredcup

@goldenelementxl said:

So IGN had to heavily revise their review and change the score after they learned their reviewer didn't actually finish the game... WTF?!?!?!?!

[Editor's Note: This review has been updated to correct a factual error regarding the way you unlock the 2nd Game mode, and as a result, the score has been increased from 8.8 to 9.0. We regret the error and really like Resident Evil 2.]

At least they aren't stealing it this time.

Gamespot done something similar with it's recent Crash Bandicoot review, finished half of each game, put up review.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@Jag85 said:

Yep, cutscenes were always few in number in the RE games, and the demo was exactly the same way. I think he's just pissed because everyone shits on his cinematic "hold the forward button" games.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By uninspiredcup

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Jag85 said:

Yep, cutscenes were always few in number in the RE games, and the demo was exactly the same way. I think he's just pissed because everyone shits on his cinematic "hold the forward button" games.

Classify RE6 as a movie game. Which is partly why everyone hated it.

http://v1.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.381466-Resident-Evil-6-Has-Four-Hours-of-Cutscenes

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 JasonOfA36
@uninspiredcup said:
@goldenelementxl said:

At least they aren't stealing it this game.

Gamespot done something similar with it's recent Crash Bandicoot review, finished half of each game, put up review.

This is why I don't really trust too much reviews. Most "trusted" review sites rush the reviews after the embargo just so they could get all those precious clicks and ad rev.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

I'm glad that it turned out good. I have to give credit to Capcom for doing a great job. However I will not get this game right now. I will wait when it's on sale and play it around Halloween.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#83 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Can't wait to play it. Hate that it has to come just days before school starts for me. :(

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By cainetao11

@jasonofa36 said:

@cainetao11: TBF, GOTY for RE7 is a bit of a stretch, but yeah, best Resident Evil so far this gen. RE2 Remake will probably be better, or at least as good as 7.

I thought it deserved to be nominated. RE hasn't been scary since the original 2 imo. After 4 it devolved into an action, TPS. I loved the fact 7 made it scary again and definitely see the value of the first person perspective for horror.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 cainetao11

@jasonofa36 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@goldenelementxl said:

At least they aren't stealing it this game.

This is why I don't really trust too much reviews. Most "trusted" review sites rush the reviews after the embargo just so they could get all those precious clicks and ad rev.

I don't trust other people's opinions of entertainment, period. Unless they're buying it for me, I don't care what they like or dislike. Im old enough to know what I like and buy what I wish to play. On the rare occurrence I get a lemon but that's just life, kids.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#86 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Good deal. Never actually finished the first one so no better time than to pop my RE2 cherry.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This isn't a fucking movie game

This is a hardcore game with great atmosphere

You got little ammo you got zombies who could take a crapton of bullets this is not a movie folks

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2927 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Politics, politics... This is getting too complicated. Can we please forget about politics for now and start shooting off some zombie heads instead?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BoxRekt

@ProtossRushX said:

This isn't a fucking movie game

This is a hardcore game with great atmosphere

You got little ammo you got zombies who could take a crapton of bullets this is not a movie folks

Weird, you literally just described TLOU, so people were lying when they said that was a movie game too then?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@boxrekt: Most games people call movie games aren't, most people are also complete morons.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#91 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Is this game really only 8 hours??

sabrewulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By sabrewulf
Member since 2019 • 17 Posts

@jeezers said:

Yeah, even less if it like the original which was only about 4. but quality over quantity and all that. Plus you can play it twice if you want.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@dorog1995 said:

There is a rumor that RE 2 remake only takes 4 hours to complete. Is it true ?

Depends if you play with the difficulty settings on pussy mode....

qx0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By qx0d
Member since 2018 • 333 Posts

It's about time superb Resident Evil games are here again.

People like Resident Evil for the survival horror, creepy atmosphere and the puzzle scenes.

I can't believe Capcom strayed so far from this. It's pretty obvious what Resident Evil should be. It should be a pure survival horror game. This means limited ammo, limited health, limited amount of items to carry, etc. Just pure survival horror, just like the first 3 games. 5 and 6 were definitely a couple of the worst.

0, 1, 2, 3, Revelations, Code Veronica, etc, are pure survival horror.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#95 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts
@qx0d said:

People like Resident Evil for the survival horror, creepy atmosphere and the puzzle scenes.

I can't believe Capcom strayed so far from this. It's pretty obvious what Resident Evil should be. It should be a pure survival horror game. This means limited ammo, limited health, limited amount of items to carry, etc. Just pure survival horror, just like the first 3 games. 5 and 6 were definitely a couple of the worst.

What about 4?

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BoxRekt

@jeezers said:

@sabrewulf said:
@jeezers said:

Yeah, even less if it like the original which was only about 4. but quality over quantity and all that. Plus you can play it twice if you want.

The Last of Us Remastered is 15hrs

Uncharted 4 is 18 hrs

Spiderman is 20hrs

God of War is 35hrs

Horizon Zero Dawn is 40 hrs

Isn't one of the arguments that's also used to describe "movie games" is that it's supposed to be "short"?

Gosh Yes, yes it is!

It's hilarious to see fanboys flip flop and suddenly defend a linear, 3rd person, narrative driven, cinematic game that is only 8 hrs long having less play time than any titles they rabidly call "movie games" when it it's a Sony exclusive.

let me see all the fanboys fall over themselves trying to spin this because they need it to be ok to love a "movie game" now since they can actually play it on their preferred systems.

sabrewulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 sabrewulf
Member since 2019 • 17 Posts

@boxrekt: I don’t really care about any of that. All this movie game stuff is nonsense. I just enjoy games for what they are and this looks great.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

Im going into this having not played it since the n64 so it will take me more than 8 hours. I stayed away from the demo so it will all be fairly new to me. I would have guessed it would review well across the board from what I've seen it looks a very good remake with added story content.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By BoxRekt

@sabrewulf said:

@boxrekt: I don’t really care about any of that. All this movie game stuff is nonsense. I just enjoy games for what they are and this looks great.

It does look great.

I'm just poking fun at hypocritical fanboys. There is nothing to be upset about if the argument doesn't apply to you.

This is a, "If the shoe fits" type of post.

For everyone else showing excitement for this title, it's understandable because they aren't the ones flip flopping on their stance about HATING these type of games.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#100 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

@Litchie said:
@qx0d said:

What about 4?

4 was pretty terrible.

this however from what i played from demo is 10 times better. or million times better.

this has to be best third person RE game.