Resident Evil 2 Remake VS Metro Exodus, which one you enjoyed most?

#1 Posted by carljohnsonCJ (386 posts) -

RE 2 Remake. Unlocked everything as it was so addicting as hell in terms of replayability.

Well?

#2 Posted by Telekill (8404 posts) -

I didn't play Metro so by default I enjoyed RE2 Remake more.

#3 Posted by Archangel3371 (27571 posts) -

I haven’t played Metro Exodus either so Resident Evil 2 Remake by default for me as well.

#4 Posted by phbz (4317 posts) -

Metro. I've enjoyed RE2 but to be honest didn't even bothered doing the 2nd run.

#5 Posted by SOedipus (11397 posts) -

RE2. I unlocked everything as well. It was fun doing so, not a chore or grind. I'm still playing it too.

#6 Posted by Epak_ (10642 posts) -

Metro.

#7 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9594 posts) -

Metro by far. it has almost everything SP FPS needed. amazing conclusion to a great trilogy.

#8 Posted by Ant_17 (12128 posts) -

Re2.

#9 Posted by Howmakewood (5792 posts) -

Couldn't even shoot the lights off in RE2, terrible game, uninstalled

#10 Posted by floppydics (84 posts) -

It's close but metro edges it for me. I loved both though sekiro slightly beats both as my favourite so far this year. Best games so far this year mind.

#11 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30715 posts) -

Zombies were a bit too bullet spongy for my taste.

On the other hand, Metro had excellent shooting mechanics. Both games were nice, I far prefer Metro though.

#12 Posted by uninspiredcup (32764 posts) -

Factually speaking Resident Evil 2.

@carljohnsoncj said:

RE 2 Remake. Unlocked everything as it was so addicting as hell in terms of replayability.

You're right!!!!

!!!!!

#13 Posted by Howmakewood (5792 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

Zombies were a bit too bullet spongy for my taste.

On the other hand, Metro had excellent shooting mechanics. Both games were nice, I far prefer Metro though.

that's kind of the point, tho I guess lowering the shots per kill and reducing the available ammunition would achieve the same result

#14 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9594 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

its because you still havenot played Metro yet my friend.

#15 Edited by uninspiredcup (32764 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Being a gaming expert, no need to. Can instinctively tell Resident Evil 2 is better.

#16 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9594 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Being a gaming expert, no need to. Can instinctively tell Resident Evil 2 is better.

let me guess.

Metro have far better storyline, better gameplay, far longer and have more variety, better atmosphere in general.

you cant say one is better factually without playing other.

#17 Posted by uninspiredcup (32764 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

let me guess.

Metro have far better storyline, better gameplay, far longer and have more variety, better atmosphere in general.

you cant say one is better factually without playing other.

But I just did, and was right.

Which is great.

#18 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9594 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Which is great.

you are missing out for not playing Metro.

I (ie me) on other hand played both to form an opinion.

#19 Edited by uninspiredcup (32764 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Which is great.

I just played one, saved 10-15 hours, and still ended up being right.

Good stuff.

#20 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9594 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Which is great.

Good stuff.

but you played one that is 4 hour game that lack variety and has only 2 location and calling a game better than a game that is wider in scope, more ambitious, longer and even better storytelling.

I respect your opinion always.

#21 Edited by uninspiredcup (32764 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Which is great.

Good stuff.

but you played one that is 4 hour game that lack variety and has only 2 location and calling a game better than a game that is wider in scope, more ambitious, longer and even better storytelling.

I respect your opinion always.

RE2 has Claire mods so it doesn't really need to bother with characters or story. The aesthetics do the job.

Also after the Sergei and Yulia Skripal poison attacks it's difficult to be invested in Russians plight. They probably started it.

#22 Posted by with_teeth26 (9470 posts) -

I had a better time with Metro.

I enjoyed RE2 more than I expected, but didn't feel the need to do a second playthrough right away. might eventually if I get bored enough.

Metro is a bit buggier but it has so much more variety, better atmosphere and was a more memorable adventure. still my GOTY thus far

#23 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1402 posts) -

I didn't play Metro 3. Didn't like the original. First person shooters could go on hiatus for five years and I wouldn't care. I liked RE2.

#24 Posted by Solaryellow (4805 posts) -

Metro Exodus offered me everything I wanted and I don't see a reason to go back unlike R2 which I will most definitely pick up again.

#25 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9594 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:

I didn't play Metro 3. Didn't like the original. First person shooters could go on hiatus for five years and I wouldn't care. I liked RE2.

why do best genre today need hiatus? if any genre need hiatus. its open world games like far cry or assassins creed.

#26 Posted by uninspiredcup (32764 posts) -

@Solaryellow said:

Metro Exodus offered me everything I wanted and I don't see a reason to go back unlike R2 which I will most definitely pick up again.

RE2 has more substance. Metro is more of a narrative game, requires less thinking. Lacks actual level design etc...

#27 Posted by with_teeth26 (9470 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
@Solaryellow said:

RE2 has more substance. Metro is more of a narrative game, requires less thinking. Lacks actual level design etc...

said like someone who hasn't played Exodus. (which isn't a jab you have admitted to not playing it).

the third big area in the game has some pretty stellar level design. it doesn't have puzzles like RE2 so of course it has less thinking. its more about immersion and atmosphere. not figuring out some strange arbitrary logic for progression like in RE2.

#28 Edited by uninspiredcup (32764 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Solaryellow said:

said like someone who hasn't played Exodus. (which isn't a jab you have admitted to not playing it).

the third big area in the game has some pretty stellar level design. it doesn't have puzzles like RE2 so of course it has less thinking. its more about immersion and atmosphere. not figuring out some strange arbitrary logic for progression like in RE2.

Played the other Metro games and watched Exodus. None of the games have the depth or substance of Resident Evil 2's.

In fact, it's objectively badly designed in places with scripts more important than the mechanics.

Loading Video...

Resident Evil 2 is just a really competent, highly replayable game it can't compete with.

As a survival horror game it combines old and new par excellence, both true to the IP while evolving it in a meaningful manner. Exodus just follows the trends of other open world games, very uninspired to say the least.

#29 Posted by with_teeth26 (9470 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Solaryellow said:

Played the other Metro games and watched Exodus. None of the games have the depth or substance of Resident Evil 2's.

In fact, it's objectively badly designed in places with scripts more important than the mechanics.

Resident Evil 2 is just a really competent, highly replayable game it can't compete with.

As a survival horror game it combines old and new par excellence, both true to the IP while evolving it in a meaningful manner. Exodus just follows the trends of other open world games, very uninspired to say the least.

seems like most people in here who played both prefer Metro.

you haven't played both so your opinion is effectively invalid in the debate of Exodus vs. RE2. watching a few clips on youtube not the same as playing.

not saying RE2 isn't solid but I did find myself mildly bored while playing it at times. half the game spent running around a small police station. gets kinda old. Dead Space did Survival Horror better 10 years ago

#30 Posted by MosquitoBaby (77 posts) -

RE2. Metroflopsudus was a disappointment.

#31 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9594 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Solaryellow said:

Loading Video...

LOL posting same out of context video every time.

Original Metro does have excellent level design especially dead city and creepy atmosphere.

Exodus have far more dept than RE2. its not even open world game. it mix between semi sandbox and linear section time to time. like think of Crysis 1. has same weapon customization etc.

#32 Posted by uninspiredcup (32764 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Solaryellow said:

seems like most people in here who played both prefer Metro.

Seems most people on the internet prefer RE2.

If you want to measure by popularity.

#33 Posted by uninspiredcup (32764 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Solaryellow said:

Loading Video...

LOL posting same out of context video every time.

Original Metro does have excellent level design especially dead city and creepy atmosphere.

Exodus have far more dept than RE2. its not even open world game. it mix between semi sandbox and linear section time to time. like think of Crysis 1. has same weapon customization etc.

Completely in context my freind, the script ignores the player state because it prioritizes story over game play.

An unfortunate truth.

#34 Posted by Fedor (4606 posts) -

Played both, RE2 is better.

#35 Posted by Solaryellow (4805 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@Solaryellow said:

I just meant I fully explored and banged out every achievement minus two (HC Ranger Mode and completing the certain level w/o being detected) and don't have a reason to return unless, of course, story DLC was ever released. RE2? I still have a decent amount to do and with more DLC coming, it's easy to pick it back up.

#36 Posted by warmblur (2143 posts) -

I'll bump this thread in a year and let you know once it's on Steam.

#37 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (18687 posts) -

I haven't played RE, but I found Metro to be a bit meh... not bad, just OK. I had much more fun with the first games.

#38 Edited by pelvist (7364 posts) -

RE2, I expected to like it and I enjoyed it quite a lot. Metro I only enjoyed a little, but less than I expected to. Id give Remake an 8/10 and Metro Exodus 6/10.

#39 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25195 posts) -

Easily Metro, but RE2 was damn good.

#40 Posted by rzxv04 (569 posts) -

RE2. Metro was fun but felt so janky specially AI baiting.

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
#41 Edited by PinkRibbonScars (52 posts) -

Resident Evil 2

Metro Exodus is garbage. So garbage that I uninstalled it at the end of the first chapter (Winter). The braindead AI barely worked in the linear tunnels of 2033/Last Light, and it totally breaks in Exodus's wide open areas. Then there's the bugs, the laughably bad story, the annoying characters, zero tension, that excruiatingly slow boat you have to row about in, the check list exploration that felt completely artificial, the half baked scavaging / crafting system which replaced the unique bullet currency mechanic, having to clean your gun every time you walk through a muddy puddle otherwise it jams up and becomes unusable, ect ect. Literally every gameplay mechanic in Metro Exodus is a chore. Godawful game.

You've objectively got sh-- taste if you think Metro Exodus is better than Resident Evil 2

#42 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9594 posts) -

@pinkribbonscars said:

Resident Evil 2

Metro Exodus is garbage. So garbage that I uninstalled it at the end of the first chapter (Winter).

you answer your own question.

Last mission in Exodus is one of the best last mission i have played.

#43 Edited by thehig1 (7242 posts) -

Neither, Resident Evil 2 wasnt the remake I would have been interested in, 3rd person action games arnt my favourite.

Not played Metro Exodus, but I admit it looks good.

#44 Posted by R10nu (1501 posts) -

Not a fair comparison.

RE2 is a prime GOTY contender and Exodus is a mild improvement on a middling shooter series. It's not even gonna make this year's top-5 shooters list.

#45 Posted by jg4xchamp (61559 posts) -

Didn't play either. One is made by Capgod in the year of our Lord Devil May Cry 5, the other is just another FPS.

#46 Posted by Robbie23 (318 posts) -

I beat RE2 with Leon. Just a question is the game any different with Claire?

#47 Posted by Dragerdeifrit (609 posts) -

i liked re2 remake the most, Metro exodus was okay, but you don't get survival games like RE2 remake anymore. Metro is just another shooter to me, its good, but nothing special on gampelay perspective to be honest, plus it ended on a ver very very low note, i thought i was like 60% through the game then it ends very abrubtly out of nowhere. RE2 was very short, but it felt way more climatic and better paced imo.

#48 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14922 posts) -

Enjoyed Metro Exodus more despite its technical issues.

#49 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14922 posts) -
@robbie23 said:

I beat RE2 with Leon. Just a question is the game any different with Claire?

Yes it's worth replaying again as Claire. In my opinion she gets better guns. Story and some levels and scenarios are also different.