Resident Evil 2. kinda overrated?

  • 193 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#151 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14920 posts) -

What's up with this "Can't shoot lights" BS. That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. The reason why you can't get into this game is because it forces you to think and solve puzzles. You don't have a patience for that. You just wanna run and gun. We all know you can't play anything other than FPS.

Avatar image for schu
#152 Posted by schu (10036 posts) -
@ezekiel43 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@AtariKidX said:

Yes.....i can buy the original RE2 OST but it is not a remake OST.

They remake the game but they didn't remake the original RE2 soundtrack.........it doesn't make sense.

The game comes with a more updated soundtrack and sound effects. You can buy (separately) or get as part of the Deluxe edition, the original soundtrack and sound effects.

So, which sounds better, in y'all's opinions? I'm downloading the Steam game now. I might buy the OST swap and do my first playthrough with the original soundtrack if it has more melody.

the default sound is really good, can't speak to the original OST as its been too long

Avatar image for AFBrat77
#153 Posted by AFBrat77 (26694 posts) -

@storm_of_swords:

I think the GameCube remake of the original was the best.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
#154 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1322 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

What's up with this "Can't shoot lights" BS. That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. The reason why you can't get into this game is because it forces you to think and solve puzzles. You don't have a patience for that. You just wanna run and gun. We all know you can't play anything other than FPS.

Resident Evil 4 had plenty of destructible glass, though. Kind of odd that an RE made fourteen years later is so stiff in that regard.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#155 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9440 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

What's up with this "Can't shoot lights" BS. That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. The reason why you can't get into this game is because it forces you to think and solve puzzles. You don't have a patience for that. You just wanna run and gun. We all know you can't play anything other than FPS.

Because its 2019. its a game made by billionaire company and has insane amount of budget but cant make lights breakable.

the puzzles in this game are too easy. but the actual gameplay and combat is boring.

atleast in RE7 the atmosphere is great that made up the game. in this game. atmosphere is absent and i feel like im playing some generic third person zombie game.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#156 Edited by uninspiredcup (32286 posts) -
@ezekiel43 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

What's up with this "Can't shoot lights" BS. That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. The reason why you can't get into this game is because it forces you to think and solve puzzles. You don't have a patience for that. You just wanna run and gun. We all know you can't play anything other than FPS.

Resident Evil 4 had plenty of destructible glass, though. Kind of odd that an RE made fourteen years later is so stiff in that regard.

Seems pretty obvious, mechanical and stylistic choice. The only thing breakable in Resident Evil 4 where really crates and windows that served as an escape.

The idea in Resident Evil 2 is that the police station under assault, the windows serve mechanically as potential entry points with the player using boards as finite resource that takes up vital inventory space. It being a survival horror game, and not action.

The focus of destruction from the game comes from enemy dismemberment, stuff that is relevant to the mechanical experience.

-

The majority of environments deliberately have very little light to begin with, in some cases outright none. Just as is the case with a picture, developers use light to communicate with the player. Be it mood, direction, highlighting information etc... Which is exactly what Resident Evil 2 does, it's not an immersion sim where interaction with every-object is of utmost importance. It's scenery for the objectives that are relevant.

In the case of Metro, the gameplay typically takes a back-seat for the many scripted sequences. The gameplay itself becomes the scenery.

Avatar image for ezekiel43
#157 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1322 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

What's up with this "Can't shoot lights" BS. That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. The reason why you can't get into this game is because it forces you to think and solve puzzles. You don't have a patience for that. You just wanna run and gun. We all know you can't play anything other than FPS.

Resident Evil 4 had plenty of destructible glass, though. Kind of odd that an RE made fourteen years later is so stiff in that regard.

Seems pretty obvious, mechanical and stylistic choice. The only thing breakable in Resident Evil 4 where really crates and windows that served as an escape.

That's not true. The lab with the regenerators, for example, had all those test tubes and containers you could shoot out.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#158 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9440 posts) -

Just beat it. the game is short. damn short. theres only 2 locations and thats it..

its fairly decent game but chore to play too. althought its best third person RE game but thats not saying much. its just better version of 4, 5 and 6 in the end.

Pros

  • It looks nice
  • It control nice unlike other third person RE games
  • Limited ammo
  • some good puzzles

Cons

  • Terrible combat once again like its a norm in RE game
  • Zombies are bullet sponges and takes multiple headshots
  • Bad boss fights
  • Cant break a light
  • Little to no variety

so all in all i rate it 6.5/10.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#159 Edited by uninspiredcup (32286 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

What's up with this "Can't shoot lights" BS. That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. The reason why you can't get into this game is because it forces you to think and solve puzzles. You don't have a patience for that. You just wanna run and gun. We all know you can't play anything other than FPS.

Resident Evil 4 had plenty of destructible glass, though. Kind of odd that an RE made fourteen years later is so stiff in that regard.

Seems pretty obvious, mechanical and stylistic choice. The only thing breakable in Resident Evil 4 where really crates and windows that served as an escape.

That's not true. The lab with the regenerators, for example, had all those test tubes and containers you could shoot out.

Resident Evil 4 has almost no interactivity with environment. It's a show-piece section.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#160 Posted by uninspiredcup (32286 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

Just beat it. the game is short. damn short. theres only 2 locations and thats it..

its fairly decent game but chore to play too. althought its best third person RE game but thats not saying much. its just better version of 4, 5 and 6 in the end.

Pros

  • It looks nice
  • It control nice unlike other third person RE games
  • Limited ammo
  • some good puzzles

Cons

  • Terrible combat once again like its a norm in RE game
  • Zombies are bullet sponges and takes multiple headshots
  • Bad boss fights
  • Cant break a light
  • Little to no variety

so all in all i rate it 6.5/10.

65 saves on standard, holy **** lol

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#161 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9440 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Just beat it. the game is short. damn short. theres only 2 locations and thats it..

its fairly decent game but chore to play too. althought its best third person RE game but thats not saying much. its just better version of 4, 5 and 6 in the end.

Pros

  • It looks nice
  • It control nice unlike other third person RE games
  • Limited ammo
  • some good puzzles

Cons

  • Terrible combat once again like its a norm in RE game
  • Zombies are bullet sponges and takes multiple headshots
  • Bad boss fights
  • Cant break a light
  • Little to no variety

so all in all i rate it 6.5/10.

65 saves on standard, holy **** lol

I always save everytime i collect new item.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#162 Edited by uninspiredcup (32286 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Just beat it. the game is short. damn short. theres only 2 locations and thats it..

its fairly decent game but chore to play too. althought its best third person RE game but thats not saying much. its just better version of 4, 5 and 6 in the end.

Pros

  • It looks nice
  • It control nice unlike other third person RE games
  • Limited ammo
  • some good puzzles

Cons

  • Terrible combat once again like its a norm in RE game
  • Zombies are bullet sponges and takes multiple headshots
  • Bad boss fights
  • Cant break a light
  • Little to no variety

so all in all i rate it 6.5/10.

65 saves on standard, holy **** lol

I always save everytime i collect new item.

The ranking system on this is definitely screwed, no way someone abusing save system with more than X3 times the saves on an an lower setting should be sitting with a higher rank.

Should be sitting with an F- at least.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#163 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9440 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Just beat it. the game is short. damn short. theres only 2 locations and thats it..

its fairly decent game but chore to play too. althought its best third person RE game but thats not saying much. its just better version of 4, 5 and 6 in the end.

Pros

  • It looks nice
  • It control nice unlike other third person RE games
  • Limited ammo
  • some good puzzles

Cons

  • Terrible combat once again like its a norm in RE game
  • Zombies are bullet sponges and takes multiple headshots
  • Bad boss fights
  • Cant break a light
  • Little to no variety

so all in all i rate it 6.5/10.

65 saves on standard, holy **** lol

I always save everytime i collect new item.

The ranking system on this is definitely screwed, no way someone abusing save system with more than X3 times on a lower setting should be sitting with a higher rank.

Hardcore has saving limit so you cant abuse saves at all.

in standard setting, you dont have save limit.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#164 Posted by uninspiredcup (32286 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Just beat it. the game is short. damn short. theres only 2 locations and thats it..

its fairly decent game but chore to play too. althought its best third person RE game but thats not saying much. its just better version of 4, 5 and 6 in the end.

Pros

  • It looks nice
  • It control nice unlike other third person RE games
  • Limited ammo
  • some good puzzles

Cons

  • Terrible combat once again like its a norm in RE game
  • Zombies are bullet sponges and takes multiple headshots
  • Bad boss fights
  • Cant break a light
  • Little to no variety

so all in all i rate it 6.5/10.

65 saves on standard, holy **** lol

I always save everytime i collect new item.

The ranking system on this is definitely screwed, no way someone abusing save system with more than X3 times on a lower setting should be sitting with a higher rank.

Hardcore has saving limit so you cant abuse saves at all.

in standard setting, you dont have save limit.

I always thought you were the most hardcore gamer here. An example we could all follow. Clearly I've been following a false prophet.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#165 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9440 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

65 saves on standard, holy **** lol

I always save everytime i collect new item.

The ranking system on this is definitely screwed, no way someone abusing save system with more than X3 times on a lower setting should be sitting with a higher rank.

Hardcore has saving limit so you cant abuse saves at all.

in standard setting, you dont have save limit.

I always thought you were the most hardcore gamer here. An example we could all follow. Clearly I've been following a false prophet.

complete STALKER on hardest difficulty multiple times. now thats a challenge.

here its chore to play. not fun, not engaging, nothing. i dont even care what is happening at all when it comes to story.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#166 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14920 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

What's up with this "Can't shoot lights" BS. That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. The reason why you can't get into this game is because it forces you to think and solve puzzles. You don't have a patience for that. You just wanna run and gun. We all know you can't play anything other than FPS.

Resident Evil 4 had plenty of destructible glass, though. Kind of odd that an RE made fourteen years later is so stiff in that regard.

Seems pretty obvious, mechanical and stylistic choice. The only thing breakable in Resident Evil 4 where really crates and windows that served as an escape.

That's not true. The lab with the regenerators, for example, had all those test tubes and containers you could shoot out.

Resident Evil 4 has almost no interactivity with environment. It's a show-piece section.

Exactly.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#167 Edited by uninspiredcup (32286 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The ranking system on this is definitely screwed, no way someone abusing save system with more than X3 times on a lower setting should be sitting with a higher rank.

Hardcore has saving limit so you cant abuse saves at all.

in standard setting, you dont have save limit.

I always thought you were the most hardcore gamer here. An example we could all follow. Clearly I've been following a false prophet.

complete STALKER on hardest difficulty multiple times. now thats a challenge.

I'm sure it's easy when

YOU'RE BANGING F5 EVERY 30 SECONDS

Absolutely appalling.

Avatar image for DragonfireXZ95
#168 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25149 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The ranking system on this is definitely screwed, no way someone abusing save system with more than X3 times on a lower setting should be sitting with a higher rank.

Hardcore has saving limit so you cant abuse saves at all.

in standard setting, you dont have save limit.

I always thought you were the most hardcore gamer here. An example we could all follow. Clearly I've been following a false prophet.

complete STALKER on hardest difficulty multiple times. now thats a challenge.

I'm sure it's easy when

YOU'RE BANGING F5 EVERY 30 SECONDS

Absolutely appalling.

Stalker isn't that bad without mods. Now grab Stalker: Call of Pripyat, download the Misery mod and then try to F5 your way through the game. I dare you. :P

Avatar image for exothermicgamer
#169 Edited by ExothermicGamer (12 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: I don't mind tank controls but I do agree they are old and they don't have a place in modern games.

BUT RE2 does the modern sin of bogging down the game with animations. RE2 plays like the character is wading through water because you have too many animations. Sure they make it more realistic they also make it play like ass.

The same way Red Dead 2 got lost in its own OCD for making the game ultra realistic and it made aspects of the game worse as a result. Spending sixty hours looting bodies because they want you to watch your character patting the bodies over and over and over for absolutely no reason.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#170 Posted by uninspiredcup (32286 posts) -

@exothermicgamer said:

@ghosts4ever: I don't mind tank controls but I do agree they are old and they don't have a place in modern games.

BUT RE2 does the modern sin of bogging down the game with animations. RE2 plays like the character is wading through water because you have too many animations. Sure they make it more realistic they also make it play like ass.

The same way Red Dead 2 got lost in its own OCD for making the game ultra realistic and it made aspects of the game worse as a result. Spending sixty hours looting bodies because they want you to watch your character patting the bodies over and over and over for absolutely no reason.

It's integral to the gameplay style. It encourages the player to stand still while aiming is in effect to create to tension.

Take that away, you've neutered your survival horror.

Avatar image for exothermicgamer
#171 Posted by ExothermicGamer (12 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: So to make it survival horror it means he has to turn like a 747 taxiing around a runway? No I'm sorry but that is the same BS that people used to say when they said that fixed camera angles were better because it increased tension.

There are loads of atmospheric and scary games that don't hamper the character movement like RE2 does.

If they can't increase tension without making the game handle like trash they have no business being in survival horror. Capcom should go make pachinko machines with Konami.

Also why is Leon shocked about EVERYTHING?

"Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!" "Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!"

Avatar image for true_link
#172 Posted by True_Link (243 posts) -

I find really cute when people are talking to themselves...

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#173 Edited by uninspiredcup (32286 posts) -

@exothermicgamer said:

@uninspiredcup: So to make it survival horror it means he has to turn like a 747 taxiing around a runway?

In this game, yes. Boxing the player in with eliminated maneuverability is part of the gameplay.

*shrug*

Avatar image for fedor
#174 Posted by Fedor (4330 posts) -

@exothermicgamer said:

@uninspiredcup: So to make it survival horror it means he has to turn like a 747 taxiing around a runway? No I'm sorry but that is the same BS that people used to say when they said that fixed camera angles were better because it increased tension.

There are loads of atmospheric and scary games that don't hamper the character movement like RE2 does.

If they can't increase tension without making the game handle like trash they have no business being in survival horror. Capcom should go make pachinko machines with Konami.

Also why is Leon shocked about EVERYTHING?

"Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!" "Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!"

LMAO!!! There is a quick turn in the game, you absolute pleb.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#175 Edited by uninspiredcup (32286 posts) -

@fedor said:
@exothermicgamer said:

@uninspiredcup: So to make it survival horror it means he has to turn like a 747 taxiing around a runway? No I'm sorry but that is the same BS that people used to say when they said that fixed camera angles were better because it increased tension.

There are loads of atmospheric and scary games that don't hamper the character movement like RE2 does.

If they can't increase tension without making the game handle like trash they have no business being in survival horror. Capcom should go make pachinko machines with Konami.

Also why is Leon shocked about EVERYTHING?

"Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!" "Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!"

LMAO!!! There is a quick turn in the game, you absolute pleb.

I thought he was talking about general movement, but yea, you're right lol

Even that acts as a good mechanic, instead of encouraging the player to move backwards (which is slow) they turn round and can't see shit. Combine that with the sound effects, specifically lickers and Mr X, good eatin'

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#176 Posted by uninspiredcup (32286 posts) -

@exothermicgamer said:

Also why is Leon shocked about EVERYTHING?

"Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!" "Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!"

He's a barely 20 year old first day on the job cop in the zombie apocalypse. He doesn't even understand how to mate properly.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for fedor
#177 Posted by Fedor (4330 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: If he was expecting to be able to sprint around while doing parkour he's playing the wrong genre. He can't see that the movement is designed a certain way to increase the tension (which it accomplished in spades.) so there is no helping him.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#178 Posted by Ant_17 (11792 posts) -

Man your nitpicks are stretching. Its a remake of a game 20 years old, story will be a big nothing. You have an issue not shooting a light, I have an issue where you can't shoot yourself in metro.

Avatar image for exothermicgamer
#179 Edited by ExothermicGamer (12 posts) -

@fedor: If Capcom can't create tension without making the controls shit (which they are unless you are a blind fanboy) then they are a disgrace of a company.

I bet you are one of those twats who was actually impressed by the gore weren't you? Like we haven't seen EVERYTHING in this game about 1000 times already.

You said it is a remake. A remake that did NOTHING different.

@uninspiredcup: Yes at the start of the game. 10 hours in he's still making the same stupid shocked noises. That is not him being young, that is poor game design.

Avatar image for fedor
#180 Posted by Fedor (4330 posts) -

@exothermicgamer said:

@fedor: If Capcom can't create tension without making the controls shit(which they are unless you are a blind fanboy) then they are a disgrace of a company.

I bet you are one of those twats who was actually impressed by the gore weren't you? Like we haven't seen EVERYTHING in this game about 1000 times already.

You said it is a remake. A remake that did NOTHING different.

The controls were fine, pleb.

I didn't say it was a remake, I don't need to state the obvious. It also did plenty different, Mr. X being the biggest difference. You're just a pleb who's mad you can't run and gun in a survival horror game...

Avatar image for SOedipus
#181 Posted by SOedipus (11360 posts) -

@exothermicgamer said:

@uninspiredcup: So to make it survival horror it means he has to turn like a 747 taxiing around a runway? No I'm sorry but that is the same BS that people used to say when they said that fixed camera angles were better because it increased tension.

There are loads of atmospheric and scary games that don't hamper the character movement like RE2 does.

If they can't increase tension without making the game handle like trash they have no business being in survival horror. Capcom should go make pachinko machines with Konami.

Also why is Leon shocked about EVERYTHING?

"Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!" "Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!""Urgh!" "OMG" "What is that?!"

You forgot "Jesus" and "Jesus Christ!".

Avatar image for raining51
#182 Posted by Raining51 (563 posts) -

The whole of RE is kinda overrated IMO....

overrated... but not necessarily problematic, uninteresting, unfun, or unimportant...

That's pretty much how I view all rES excedpt for 4 which is a cut above.

Avatar image for dimebag667
#183 Posted by dimebag667 (1177 posts) -

RE2 is great (played on hardcore; that's how I played) and if you can't see that, I feel sorry for you.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#184 Posted by uninspiredcup (32286 posts) -

@raining51 said:

The whole of RE is kinda overrated IMO....

overrated... but not necessarily problematic, uninteresting, unfun, or unimportant...

That's pretty much how I view all rES excedpt for 4 which is a cut above.

Looking up exactly what "overrated" means will be helpful.

You not like something, doesn't detract from it's achievements and influence. Which, can be objectively quantified.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#185 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9440 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@raining51 said:

The whole of RE is kinda overrated IMO....

overrated... but not necessarily problematic, uninteresting, unfun, or unimportant...

That's pretty much how I view all rES excedpt for 4 which is a cut above.

Looking up exactly what "overrated" means will be helpful.

You not like something, doesn't detract from it's achievements and influence. Which, can be objectively quantified.

RE series is overrated. there has never been good RE game bar RE7.

the gameplay mechanics in series always suck.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#186 Posted by uninspiredcup (32286 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@raining51 said:

The whole of RE is kinda overrated IMO....

overrated... but not necessarily problematic, uninteresting, unfun, or unimportant...

That's pretty much how I view all rES excedpt for 4 which is a cut above.

Looking up exactly what "overrated" means will be helpful.

You not like something, doesn't detract from it's achievements and influence. Which, can be objectively quantified.

RE series is overrated. there has never been good RE game bar RE7.

the gameplay mechanics in series always suck.

Jealously will not change reality my freind.

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#187 Posted by jg4xchamp (61531 posts) -

ITT: Scrubs

Avatar image for onesiphorus
#188 Posted by onesiphorus (2800 posts) -

This thread is over a month old.

Avatar image for qx0d
#189 Posted by qx0d (333 posts) -

I don't think so. I watched a couple videos of the game, and what I saw was a creepy, tense, survival-horror game, with great graphics. It's not overrated. It's one of the best Resident Evil games.

Avatar image for raining51
#190 Posted by Raining51 (563 posts) -

Ha tow Resident er two Resident Evil threads on like the same day guess someone should play this and really figure it out...

I wonder what the score was honestly?

Avatar image for rzxv04
#191 Posted by rzxv04 (480 posts) -

Characters felt kinda dull and the ada thing attraction felt forced too quickly. I don't have any previous RE attraction though.

I think it's mostly nostalgia goggles or just lack of a decent body horror shooter this gen.

I don't know what happened but DMC5 cutscene models look way better. RE2 cutscene eyes look really weird specially the cop in the main hall like opposite of crosseye when talking to leon.

Solid 8/10 for me and I will definitely play RE3 remake.

Avatar image for DonaId
#192 Posted by DonaId (96 posts) -

Absolutely not. If anything 3 is overrated and the start of the action RE. The RE2Remake is more survival horror than the original and I wish they would remake Code Veronica instead of Nemesis.

But that is just my opinion and is neither right or wrong

Avatar image for DonaId
#193 Posted by DonaId (96 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: big disagree my favorite series.

I like all the main entries (including code Veronica with that)

Still haven’t beaten re7 yet (because it is a pain to set up vr and Want to finish my first playthrough in vr before subsequent ones.

The RE2Remake is even better than Re 4 imo which is phenomenal