Resident Evil 2. kinda overrated?

• 168 results
#151 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14859 posts) -

What's up with this "Can't shoot lights" BS. That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. The reason why you can't get into this game is because it forces you to think and solve puzzles. You don't have a patience for that. You just wanna run and gun. We all know you can't play anything other than FPS.

#152 Posted by schu (9986 posts) -
@ezekiel43 said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@AtariKidX said:

Yes.....i can buy the original RE2 OST but it is not a remake OST.

They remake the game but they didn't remake the original RE2 soundtrack.........it doesn't make sense.

The game comes with a more updated soundtrack and sound effects. You can buy (separately) or get as part of the Deluxe edition, the original soundtrack and sound effects.

So, which sounds better, in y'all's opinions? I'm downloading the Steam game now. I might buy the OST swap and do my first playthrough with the original soundtrack if it has more melody.

the default sound is really good, can't speak to the original OST as its been too long

#153 Posted by AFBrat77 (26650 posts) -

@storm_of_swords:

I think the GameCube remake of the original was the best.

#154 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1066 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

What's up with this "Can't shoot lights" BS. That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time. The reason why you can't get into this game is because it forces you to think and solve puzzles. You don't have a patience for that. You just wanna run and gun. We all know you can't play anything other than FPS.

Resident Evil 4 had plenty of destructible glass, though. Kind of odd that an RE made fourteen years later is so stiff in that regard.

#155 Edited by Ghosts4ever (8823 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Because its 2019. its a game made by billionaire company and has insane amount of budget but cant make lights breakable.

the puzzles in this game are too easy. but the actual gameplay and combat is boring.

atleast in RE7 the atmosphere is great that made up the game. in this game. atmosphere is absent and i feel like im playing some generic third person zombie game.

#156 Edited by uninspiredcup (30752 posts) -
@ezekiel43 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Resident Evil 4 had plenty of destructible glass, though. Kind of odd that an RE made fourteen years later is so stiff in that regard.

Seems pretty obvious, mechanical and stylistic choice. The only thing breakable in Resident Evil 4 where really crates and windows that served as an escape.

The idea in Resident Evil 2 is that the police station under assault, the windows serve mechanically as potential entry points with the player using boards as finite resource that takes up vital inventory space. It being a survival horror game, and not action.

The focus of destruction from the game comes from enemy dismemberment, stuff that is relevant to the mechanical experience.

-

The majority of environments deliberately have very little light to begin with, in some cases outright none. Just as is the case with a picture, developers use light to communicate with the player. Be it mood, direction, highlighting information etc... Which is exactly what Resident Evil 2 does, it's not an immersion sim where interaction with every-object is of utmost importance. It's scenery for the objectives that are relevant.

In the case of Metro, the gameplay typically takes a back-seat for the many scripted sequences. The gameplay itself becomes the scenery.

#157 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1066 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Seems pretty obvious, mechanical and stylistic choice. The only thing breakable in Resident Evil 4 where really crates and windows that served as an escape.

That's not true. The lab with the regenerators, for example, had all those test tubes and containers you could shoot out.

#158 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8823 posts) -

Just beat it. the game is short. damn short. theres only 2 locations and thats it..

its fairly decent game but chore to play too. althought its best third person RE game but thats not saying much. its just better version of 4, 5 and 6 in the end.

Pros

• It looks nice
  • It control nice unlike other third person RE games
  • Limited ammo
  • some good puzzles

Cons

• Terrible combat once again like its a norm in RE game
  • Zombies are bullet sponges and takes multiple headshots
  • Bad boss fights
  • Cant break a light
  • Little to no variety

so all in all i rate it 6.5/10.

#159 Edited by uninspiredcup (30752 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

That's not true. The lab with the regenerators, for example, had all those test tubes and containers you could shoot out.

Resident Evil 4 has almost no interactivity with environment. It's a show-piece section.

#160 Posted by uninspiredcup (30752 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

Just beat it. the game is short. damn short. theres only 2 locations and thats it..

its fairly decent game but chore to play too. althought its best third person RE game but thats not saying much. its just better version of 4, 5 and 6 in the end.

Pros

• It looks nice
  • Limited ammo
  • some good puzzles

Cons

• Bad boss fights
  • Cant break a light
  • Little to no variety

65 saves on standard, holy **** lol

#161 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8823 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Pros

• It looks nice
  • Limited ammo
  • some good puzzles

Cons

• Bad boss fights
  • Cant break a light
  • Little to no variety

I always save everytime i collect new item.

#162 Edited by uninspiredcup (30752 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Pros

• It looks nice
  • Limited ammo
  • some good puzzles

Cons

• Bad boss fights
  • Cant break a light
  • Little to no variety

The ranking system on this is definitely screwed, no way someone abusing save system with more than X3 times the saves on an an lower setting should be sitting with a higher rank.

Should be sitting with an F- at least.

#163 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8823 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Pros

• It looks nice
  • Limited ammo
  • some good puzzles

Cons

• Bad boss fights
  • Cant break a light
  • Little to no variety

The ranking system on this is definitely screwed, no way someone abusing save system with more than X3 times on a lower setting should be sitting with a higher rank.

Hardcore has saving limit so you cant abuse saves at all.

in standard setting, you dont have save limit.

#164 Posted by uninspiredcup (30752 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Pros

• It looks nice
  • Limited ammo
  • some good puzzles

Cons

• Bad boss fights
  • Cant break a light
  • Little to no variety

The ranking system on this is definitely screwed, no way someone abusing save system with more than X3 times on a lower setting should be sitting with a higher rank.

I always thought you were the most hardcore gamer here. An example we could all follow. Clearly I've been following a false prophet.

#165 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8823 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I always thought you were the most hardcore gamer here. An example we could all follow. Clearly I've been following a false prophet.

complete STALKER on hardest difficulty multiple times. now thats a challenge.

here its chore to play. not fun, not engaging, nothing. i dont even care what is happening at all when it comes to story.

#166 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14859 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ezekiel43 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Resident Evil 4 has almost no interactivity with environment. It's a show-piece section.

Exactly.

#167 Edited by uninspiredcup (30752 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I'm sure it's easy when

YOU'RE BANGING F5 EVERY 30 SECONDS

Absolutely appalling.

#168 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (24993 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I'm sure it's easy when

YOU'RE BANGING F5 EVERY 30 SECONDS

Absolutely appalling.

Stalker isn't that bad without mods. Now grab Stalker: Call of Pripyat, download the Misery mod and then try to F5 your way through the game. I dare you. :P