Resident Evil 2. kinda overrated?

• 193 results
Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#101 Posted by Blackhairedhero (2936 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Its way better then RE7 GTFO!

#102 Posted by taylor12702003 (232 posts) -

No it is not overrated. The game is great.

#103 Posted by Black96Z (808 posts) -

Finished up both Leon and Clair's first playthrough and started Leon's 2nd. No major complaints about the 1st but so far found a couple on the second.

#104 Posted by Fedor (4306 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: That's not even close to high settings.

#105 Posted by lundy86_4 (52345 posts) -

@Black96Z said:

Finished up both Leon and Clair's first playthrough and started Leon's 2nd. No major complaints about the 1st but so far found a couple on the second.

I went Leon first, then Claire, and i'm on Claire for the second run for the "true ending." Overall, i've found Claire's campaign more difficult in the first run and the second run is kind of a bitch... I feel you get less large-caliber ammo, as that replaces any 9mm pickups.

#106 Edited by Black96Z (808 posts) -

@lundy86_4: When playing Clair's first run i had a harder time keeping Mr. X off my ass. Only time i have problems with Leon was when i went to run trough a door and that asshole was right there to hit me.

When play Leon's 2nd run, at the very start of it there seems to be a large gap of time missing from the time you start to when you meet Clair at the locked gate. I would have loved to have been able to work my way throught the streets and alleys like the original RE2.

And maybe it is just me but i am not impressed with the power of the .45ACP. Seems like it takes just as many head shots to kill a zombie as the 9mm.

#107 Posted by jcrame10 (4961 posts) -

I heard the remake is really short is this true?

#108 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1178 posts) -

@jcrame10: Casually, if you don't know anything, you can run the A scenario at around 6 to 10 hours, depending on how you handle enemies and puzzles. Around 6 to 8 for the B scenario as most of the puzzles are the same on the B scenario.

But the replayability factor is massive, especially if you are a speedrunner and you're tacking S+ rankings on every difficulty.

I'm still speedrunning the game, and I've had like 20 hours of gametime for it.

#109 Posted by Black96Z (808 posts) -

@jcrame10: i wouldnt say it is short. There is 2 Leon campaigns. 2 Clair campaigns. Hunk and Tofu. Plus there is free dlc coming.

#110 Posted by schu (10033 posts) -

I just completed RE7 and I think that RE2 is a better game. It is way tighter and cohesive and just well designed. RE7 was a cool experience, but it was a little bit scattered and that caused it to feel a little anemic at times. RE2 had more replayability for me.

#111 Posted by Celsius765 (2376 posts) -

@ivangrozny: that depends on if I can switch between first and third person view. That way I don't have to play as a pair of hands. First person view is slow and imprecise. Makes me feel like I'm in an on rails shooter or Minecraft where all Steve can do is wag his tools in a simplistic motion. I don't enjoy the simplicity of first person.

Avatar image for exothermicgamer
#112 Posted by ExothermicGamer (12 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: I do think it is overrated but I also think RE7 is MORE overrated. I just found the enemies in RE7 to be lazy. Sludge enemies. Bakers that just respawn. Why would I want to fight the same guy six times or the same sludge thing a hundred? Where were the unique permitations? Crows, lickers, crimson heads, grey heads, dogs, tyrant, nemesis etc etc. The original games were awash with unique infected enemies.

This new RE2 remake doesn't sit well with me though because it destroys any nostalgia I had for the series. It looks and plays NOTHING like the original. Which is why I loved the RE1 remake so much. It was just the old game jazzed up. It was awesome. RE2 remake may as well be a different game.

It also leans WAY too much on the petty gore cliches to hook the Five Nights at Freddie's idiot youtube crowd. The ones that scream at jump scares like an axe murderer just burst into their room. Pathetic.

#113 Edited by uninspiredcup (32143 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@Black96Z said:

I went Leon first, then Claire, and i'm on Claire for the second run for the "true ending." Overall, i've found Claire's campaign more difficult in the first run and the second run is kind of a bitch... I feel you get less large-caliber ammo, as that replaces any 9mm pickups.

Interesting, I found hers easier.

One thing I do think is worth criticism, the original had more diversion between the two campaigns. They'd went a step back, I think they should have went even further with it having not a single boss the same with completely different enemy placements across the board. And they do sort of do this specific points. Like the opening when she enters the police station.

#114 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@exothermicgamer said:

This new RE2 remake doesn't sit well with me though because it destroys any nostalgia I had for the series. It looks and plays NOTHING like the original. Which is why I loved the RE1 remake so much. It was just the old game jazzed up. It was awesome. RE2 remake may as well be a different game.

It actually play better than old RE2.

tank control suck imo.

#115 Posted by Jag85 (13248 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@enzyme36 said:

I think great... and it's clear that zombies is what this series been missing for a long time.

Good job updating the character as well. Their tends to be a tendency with modern gaming to hit characters with the ugly stick to please a certain group of gamers people. Clearly nobody at Capcom was listening.

That's due to cultural differences, more than anything. If RE2make was developed by a Western studio, the character designs would've turned out different.

#116 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@Black96Z said:

One thing I do think is worth criticism, the original had more diversion between the two campaigns. They'd went a step back, I think they should have went even further with it having not a single boss the same with completely different enemy placements across the board. And they do sort of do this specific points. Like the opening when she enters the police station.

i doubt i will play second campaign scenrio B. because im forcing my self to finish it. im on sewer parts and its annoying.

game is no fun to play at all. its just well made game and design is good but gameplaywise its not fun.

my rating down. its now 6/10.

#117 Posted by uninspiredcup (32143 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@Black96Z said:

i doubt i will play second campaign scenrio B. because im forcing my self to finish it. im on sewer parts and its annoying.

game is no fun to play at all. its just well made game and design is good but gameplaywise its not fun.

Extremely triggering my freind.

#118 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

but my friends its more triggering that you are pricing a console port or rather console design third person action game and call it a masterpiece.

#119 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1178 posts) -

Action game. lol

#120 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@jasonofa36 said:

Action game. lol

not a once i got scared or feel im playing a horror game.

its as horror as left 4 dead.

#121 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1178 posts) -

Sure, whatever.

#122 Posted by uninspiredcup (32143 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

but my friends its more triggering that you are pricing a console port or rather console design third person action game and call it a masterpiece.

Resident Evil 2 redeemed games my freind. If only temporary.

#123 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

no its not. its just another short linear action third person game.

it didnot redeemed anything. Metro even with controversy will be 10 times better.

#124 Edited by uninspiredcup (32143 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

no its not. its just another short linear action third person game.

it didnot redeemed anything. Metro even with controversy will be 10 times better.

Such a lovely, lovely game.

#125 Posted by Fedor (4306 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@Black96Z said:

It's ok, friend. If the game is too difficult for you just put it on easy. No one will judge you, I promise.

#126 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@fedor said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@Black96Z said:

It's ok, friend. If the game is too difficult for you just put it on easy. No one will judge you, I promise.

its not hard. its not just fun and no i dont want to put console casual feature like aim assist here.

#127 Posted by Fedor (4306 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: You need it though. You're clearly struggling. Though it may just be the low settings and framerate causing you all the issues.

#128 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: You need it though. You're clearly struggling. Though it may just be the low settings and framerate causing you all the issues.

the engine is good in optimization and run like great but too blurry. not my computer fault.

#129 Edited by Fedor (4306 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Yes it is your fault. Low settings, low texture filtering, using fxaa, sub 30fps etc... You have a 2 GB 960, of course its your rig. You probably even left chromatic aberation on.

PS: your brightness is also turned wayyyyy up. Scared of the dark?

#130 Posted by uninspiredcup (32143 posts) -

Does Resident Evil 2 have a higher metacritic than Metro and Doom?

#131 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -
@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: Yes it is your fault. Low settings, low texture filtering, using fxaa, sub 30fps etc... You have a 2 GB 960, of course its your rig. You probably even left chromatic aberation on.

PS: your brightness is also turned wayyyyy up. Scared of the dark?

adjusting setting. put every thing on almost high at what my gpu work. and game still looks blurry.

#132 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

Now now, game looks less blurry than before..

#133 Posted by uninspiredcup (32143 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

It scored significantly higher with many proclaim t as already one of the best games of the generation.

#134 Posted by uninspiredcup (32143 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@uninspiredcup said:

It scored significantly higher with many proclaim t as already one of the best games of the generation.

Really? Interesting.

#135 Posted by Fedor (4306 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: 1. You changed your settings from your last SS.

2. Not 1080p

3. You added TAA for your pic, your GPU can't handle it tho.

4. Even with your trumped up settings (your pc can't run at playable frame rates) your image quality is still less than half. The slider doesn't lie.

5. Your settings are closer to the low preset than high preset.

In conclusion, its your shit pc that can't handle the game, not the engine. Cry about it.

#136 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@fedor said:

In conclusion, its your shit pc that can't handle the game, not the engine. Cry about it.

but i dont have problem with others engine.

RE engine has problem with blurryness

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/916373-pc/77384635

https://steamcommunity.com/app/961440/discussions/0/2521353993639221233/

https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/comments/5r0pel/why_hell_is_re7_so_blurry/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/418370/discussions/4/2549465882937230727/

#137 Edited by Fedor (4306 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Lol, you should have actually read your links. Your image quality slider is less than half, it doesn't lie. Get a better pc.

#138 Posted by lundy86_4 (52345 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

I found the latter half of her campaign easier, but the beginning more difficult. In the second run, the lack of large-caliber ammo is becoming an issue, as the only way to create handgun bullets is with gunpowder.

Yeah, they really didn't change too much with regards to their story. The addition of the orphanage was a decent touch, but a bit short and not all that unnerving.

#139 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: Lol, you should have actually read your links. Your image quality slider is less than half, it doesn't lie. Get a better pc.

getting 1070 soon.

#140 Posted by Fedor (4306 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Why not just grab a cheaper GPU like a 580 to tide you over for a bit until next gen stuff comes? Getting a deal on the 1070?

#141 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: Why not just grab a cheaper GPU like a 580 to tide you over for a bit until next gen stuff comes? Getting a deal on the 1070?

meh. 5 series is too old. donot want it.

no new game support 5 series at all.

#142 Posted by uninspiredcup (32143 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I found the latter half of her campaign easier, but the beginning more difficult. In the second run, the lack of large-caliber ammo is becoming an issue, as the only way to create handgun bullets is with gunpowder.

Yeah, they really didn't change too much with regards to their story. The addition of the orphanage was a decent touch, but a bit short and not all that unnerving.

I just ran past them them all.

One thing that annoys me if your rating regardless of standard/hardcore remains the same. With the amount of saves used not really effecting it much.

Just picking hardcore by default you should both be encouraged and rewarded more. Otherwise you'll end up like Ghost, playing easy mode wondering why the light-bulbs won't die.

#143 Edited by schu (10033 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: did you shut off motion blur and chromatic abberation? removes a lot of the blur

#144 Posted by Jag85 (13248 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Only 2GB VRAM? That's a bit too limited for a game like RE2make.

#145 Posted by lundy86_4 (52345 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

I just ran past them them all.

One thing that annoys me if your rating regardless of standard/hardcore remains the same. With the amount of saves used not really effecting it much.

Just picking hardcore by default you should both be encouraged and rewarded more. Otherwise you'll end up like Ghost, playing easy mode wondering why the light-bulbs won't die.

lol, yeah... The only difference for Hardcore is in terms of needing to be 30 mins faster to get certain ratings... Yet no real payoff for doing so (unless you hit S or S+.)

#146 Posted by Fedor (4306 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: I meant an rx580 not a gtx 580 lol. I think you get 2 free games with purchase as well.

#147 Posted by AtariKidX (7055 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@AtariKidX said:

No........R2 remake is a very good game and a very good remake.

It is weird why they didn't remake the original OST from RE2 for this game....the original RE2 ost it perfectly fits.

You can get the original if you buy the Deluxe edition.

Yes.....i can buy the original RE2 OST but it is not a remake OST.

They remake the game but they didn't remake the original RE2 soundtrack.........it doesn't make sense.

#148 Posted by lundy86_4 (52345 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

They remake the game but they didn't remake the original RE2 soundtrack.........it doesn't make sense.

The game comes with a more updated soundtrack and sound effects. You can buy (separately) or get as part of the Deluxe edition, the original soundtrack and sound effects.

#149 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1305 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@AtariKidX said:

The game comes with a more updated soundtrack and sound effects. You can buy (separately) or get as part of the Deluxe edition, the original soundtrack and sound effects.

So, which sounds better, in y'all's opinions? I'm downloading the Steam game now. I might buy the OST swap and do my first playthrough with the original soundtrack if it has more melody.

#150 Posted by lundy86_4 (52345 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:

So, which sounds better, in y'all's opinions? I'm downloading the Steam game now. I might buy the OST swap and do my first playthrough with the original soundtrack if it has more melody.

I actually haven't tried it. TBH, I completely forgot as I wanted to do a run-through with the original. @uninspiredcup can probably help you here.