Resident Evil 2. kinda overrated?

• 168 results
#51 Posted by Fedor (4002 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Why is the game so bright? Just screenshot your steam with your time played.

#52 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: Why is the game so bright? Just screenshot your steam with your time played.

due to flashlight of my phone.

#53 Edited by Fedor (4002 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Just screenshot your steam time played. Easypeezy , I'll happily admit I'm wrong.

#54 Posted by pelvist (7266 posts) -

RE2 was fantastic for its time, the remake is very good. RE7 was an ok game that ended before it really got started and is unlikely to be worthy of a remake 20+ years from now.

#55 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: Just screenshot your steam time played. Easypeezy , I'll happily admit I'm wrong.

you you still not proven to be wrong? i show you my gameplay with screenshot. you can ask for more screenshot and i can give you.

i cant post my steam account here. for some privacy.

#56 Edited by Fedor (4002 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Those cutoff screens mean nothing. You didn't even do a proper screen capture. Who knows where they are from. You can't just put a note with your name on your monitor and have me believe you. PM me the screenshot then if you are worried about privacy. Or clear out your steam handle name. I'll gladly eat my crow.

#57 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: Those cutoff screens mean nothing. You didn't even do a proper screen capture. Who knows where they are from. You cant just put a note with your name on your monitor and have me believe you. PM me the screenshot then if you are worried about privacy. Or clear out your steam handle name. I'll gladly eat my crow.

I cannot shoot light. a 2019 horror game that design so lazy that when i shoot light. nothing happen.

#58 Posted by uninspiredcup (30695 posts) -

You should refund it.

#59 Posted by Fedor (4002 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Who cares?

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#60 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5600 posts) -

Why the hell are you wasting ammo on lights?

#61 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

@fedor said:

we the gamers. its horror game. it should have option to shoot the lights. capcom are damn lazy.

metro 2033 in 2010 has shooting light mechanics. in 2019. 10 years later almost. a game by capcom didnot.

#62 Edited by Fedor (4002 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: The game is pitch black dark 90% of the time. Such a ludicrous critique. Don't say "We" either, only you care about that nonsense.

Just refund the game and buy a better gpu. Your 960 won't cut it with Metro.

#63 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: The game is pitch black dark 90% of the time. Such a ludicrous critique. Don't say "We" either, only you care about that nonsense.

pitch black dark that is scripted. script force us when game is dark and light and has automatic system where leon or claire use a flashlight. in 2005 horror game FEAR. i have freedom when to use and when to not to use a flashlight.

its just scripted. thats why i hate scripted games. they restrict us. i wish i can shoot light and use my flashlight to go but no. game dictate me what to do and what not.

#64 Posted by pmanden (393 posts) -

RE2 is king - both the remake and the original. RE7 is a fine game but not quite in the same league.

#65 Edited by Fedor (4002 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: You hate scripted games but love Metro? Hmmm... Just refund the game (if you actually own it) and buy a better gpu, 960's aren't running Metro.

#66 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: You hate scripted games but love Metro? Hmmm... Just refund the game (if you actually own it) and buy a better gpu, 960's aren't running Metro.

not refunding it because its not bad game. although 960 can run metro on medium and will buy better gpu soon.

in metro i can use flashlight where ever i want, and can shoot bulb. not shooting bulb is such a lazy mechanic. especially in horror games.

#67 Posted by phbz (4072 posts) -

What is this? Game you can't shoot light is no good! In Metro you can shoot light. That's why great game.

#68 Edited by Fedor (4002 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Can't refund a game you dont own. Metro won't run medium settings. Low/30 fps with dips is the best you can hope for. You're gonna get vram choked to death.

#69 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: Can't refund a game you dont own. Metro won't run medium settings. Low/30 fps with dips is the best you can hope for. You're gonna get vram choked to death.

lol you are making things up. first you were not believe i played it. now you believe after few screenshots i played it but somehow didnot "own".

the reason im not refunding because i want to complete this game first so i can jump to Metro. and its not bad game. its worth playing game. refund means if game is really really bad. like wolfenstein 2 level of bad.

#70 Edited by Fedor (4002 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: I asked for an actual screen shot of your time played. You made a laughable excuse about privacy even though you could easily block out any information you dont want to show. You say you're a pc guy but you can't screen shot?

I'll even do it when i get home to show how simple it is, a child can do it.

PS: you will be vram choked.

#71 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: I asked for an actual screen shot of your time played. You made a laughable excuse about privacy even though you could easily block out any information you dont want to show. You say you're a pc guy but you can't screen shot?

I'll even do it when i get home to show how simple it is, a child can do it.

PS: you will be vram choked.

my friend, you made a mindset that if one who think game x is overrated. it must be bad. its not.

i just dont think it deserve what it got. i except that its decent third person action game and thats it. its much much better than RE4 ever was. now that game was pretty bad.

thats why i dont think i need refund and want to beat the game. but i can criticize the flaws too.

#72 Posted by Fedor (4002 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Huh? Just post your time played. You can score the game however you want.

#73 Posted by clone01 (27388 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

No.

I cant explode the bulb when i shoot it. in a freakin Horror game.. in 2019!!. what a lazy developers they are.

In Metro games, you can shoot any bulb and they explode and thus room become dark.

so go play that and f*ck yourself.

#74 Edited by Zuon (247 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Hah, was wondering if anyone was gonna catch that. Nice job, dude. C8

These zombies still see pretty well in the dark though.

#75 Posted by Black96Z (793 posts) -

Who gives a crap about shooting the lights. The lickers are blind and will find you anyways.

#76 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (24988 posts) -

Doom was overrated, but definitely not the RE2 remake.

#77 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

another thing. i cannot shoot the window too. are they bulletproof? i tried to shoot monitors and nothing happen.

#79 Posted by knight-k (2326 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@fedor said:

pitch black dark that is scripted. script force us when game is dark and light and has automatic system where leon or claire use a flashlight. in 2005 horror game FEAR. i have freedom when to use and when to not to use a flashlight.

its just scripted. thats why i hate scripted games. they restrict us. i wish i can shoot light and use my flashlight to go but no. game dictate me what to do and what not.

Couldn't do that in the original game either.

And Fear is garbage compared to RE2

#80 Edited by uninspiredcup (30695 posts) -

@ipex said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@fedor said:

we the gamers. its horror game. it should have option to shoot the lights. capcom are damn lazy.

metro 2033 in 2010 has shooting light mechanics. in 2019. 10 years later almost. a game by capcom didnot.

It's not lazy, it's an encapsulated experience which you play exactly as the developers intend you to. You see what they want you to see, you do what they want you to do, progression and visual design is all intentional.

More games need to encompass this, this is exactly what the original games did with the fixed camera angles. You're playing the game and seeing what they want you to.

I agree with all of this. But, slightly off topic, I do wish they added an option for a classic view, it's already being modded in.

Can't really complain in the slightest for lack of value, two campaigns that can be reversed, Hunk/Tufo and future free DLC and a remixed mod, Had they added the classic view in as well with some minor gameplay alterations it would have raised the value bar even higher.

Loading Video...

#81 Edited by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

@knight-k said:

And Fear is garbage compared to RE2

it take 100 RE2 combine and still cant match the quality of FEAR.

FEAR was masterpiece and one of the greatest game ever made.

Loading Video...

#82 Posted by schu (9982 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: I give it an 9 because some aspects of it are off the charts. I agree that the story is mostly trashy. In my first hour playing it I felt similarly to you, but when you look at the whole game and it's design and execution there is a lot to praise. The design of the "world" is awesome. The audio is outstanding. The balance of the standard difficulty is very fair and enjoyable. I had a variety of epic moments where I had to choose what to kill and what to dodge and some even ended in hilarity. Ex: Running past 3 zombies and being chased by 2 lickers with no extra health left and 0 ammo frantically opening a door with a key and finding a box of ammo while zombies are pounding on the door. Door bursts open and 2 zombies come into the crammed space. I knock them both down with headshots and then Mr. X comes in the damn door. I spaz out and grab the only other item in the room, a grenade, and then run in circles around a shelf and the zombies are getting up again. I reflexively toss my grenade in the doorway and it kills all 3 zombies and both lickers and then I make a final loop around the shelf and run for my life back out of the room. I haven't had that much fun in a game in a long time.

#83 Edited by uninspiredcup (30695 posts) -

I like how in the ending Sherry is chirpie and casually bringing up her mother.

Who left her to die and was then killed by her monster father who literally impregnated her.

Better start saving up for a therapist Claire.

#84 Posted by enzyme36 (3992 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@enzyme36 said:

I think great... and it's clear that zombies is what this series been missing for a long time.

Good job updating the character as well. Their tends to be a tendency with modern gaming to hit characters with the ugly stick to please a certain group of gamers people. Clearly nobody at Capcom was listening.

Capcom never had a problem designing beautiful people. Ada always looked great here, but looking at screens, I never really cared for the new look for Claire... until I actually started her campaign last night and realized she looks fantastic, especially in motion. With this game they found a great balance of making the characters look attractive while still appearing natural.

You have pointed out the SF character designs and got me watching those animation session on youtube. Some great vids.

Heck people even love the guildmarm from monster hunter.

#85 Posted by PernicioEnigma (6013 posts) -

I'm not really enjoying it that much. The zombies aren't particularly scary, and I'm spending most of my play time back tracking looking for things. The game's very well made and looks amazing - particularly character models, but it's just a chore to play for me.

#86 Posted by Fedor (4002 posts) -

@PernicioEnigma: Basically you dont like classic RE then. Item management and metroidvania like backtracking is what the series is built on.

#87 Posted by lundy86_4 (51579 posts) -

Finished Claire's campaign today, and Leon's a few days ago. The game was excellent from start-to-finish. I got an A rating in both campaigns, and i'll be doing 2nd playthroughs for both. Not sure if I want to try Hardcore or not. All-in-all, I found Claire a little harder, as I felt she didn't take as many hits, and I also preferred Leon's weapons over hers (except when I stacked the shit out of Flame and Acid rounds for Nest.)

#88 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

@fedor said:

@PernicioEnigma: Basically you dont like classic RE then. Item management and metroidvania like backtracking is what the series is built on.

RE series has been incredibly overrated. it was just miracle that RE7 turn out to be great game althought heavily flawed too.

this RE2 remake is second best in series and its ok. everything else is mediocre.

#89 Edited by Fedor (4002 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: You're entitled to your opinion.

#90 Posted by AtariKidX (7055 posts) -

No........R2 remake is a very good game and a very good remake.

It is weird why they didn't remake the original OST from RE2 for this game....the original RE2 ost it perfectly fits.

#91 Posted by lundy86_4 (51579 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

No........R2 remake is a very good game and a very good remake.

It is weird why they didn't remake the original OST from RE2 for this game....the original RE2 ost it perfectly fits.

You can get the original if you buy the Deluxe edition.

#92 Posted by Fedor (4002 posts) -

@lundy86_4: You can buy it seperate too for $2.99.

#93 Posted by lundy86_4 (51579 posts) -

@fedor: Didn't see that. It cost me an extra $5 for the Deluxe, so I grabbed that one.

#94 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

well i for one think Alan wake is still remain best third person horror game. control wise and gameplay wise it definitely destroy RE2. and i did replayed that few months ago.

#95 Posted by Dagubot (1138 posts) -

Game looks like trash on your setup...ewwww.

#96 Edited by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

@dagubot said:

I put almost everything on high. it runs great but looks blurry. its engine fault.

#97 Posted by Dagubot (1138 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@dagubot said:

I put almost everything on high. it runs great but looks blurry. its engine fault.

1080p?

#98 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8809 posts) -

@dagubot: yes.

#100 Edited by robert_sparkes (2316 posts) -

Playing revelations 2 on Xbox one at the moment and loving it. It definitely has a different feel to it but the atmosphere is still there in parts. Evil within in the backlog I personally enjoyed 7 but it's difficult comparing games that are 1st and 3rd person.

As many games 2 remake is in my backlog I buy too many games.