Resident Evil 2. kinda overrated?

• 193 results
#1 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

Hello friends,

So i started playing RE2 remake. and its ok. ok but i cant see what make critics and gamers praise it. lets face it. its nowhear near as good as RE7. RE7 feel like im playing a horror game with crazy baker family, exploring old and new houses etc. while this feel like im playing some kind of another generic zombie game. its not horror or scary at all. zombies are most boring enemies in any of video games ever. i mean ever!!. and in this game they are bulletsponges. a lazy way to make game "challenging". they took multiple headshots. i mean seriously.

leone is incredibly boring so is clarie however RE7 has very interesting cast and stories. so much that i started caring about ethan and mia. now i dont care what is going to happen with leon.

the third person camera once again is immersion killer. there is no tension in this game. just zombies respawn again and again in same type of areas after you shot them.

when i played the one shot demo. i feel exact same. now after playing full game and still have same feeling.

i rate it 7/10. like i said, its decent action zombie game. but pale in comparision to RE7.

sadly due to its success capcom will ditch first person and go for third person camera again..

anyone else think its overrated? lets discuss.

#2 Posted by uninspiredcup (32143 posts) -

No.

#3 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1178 posts) -

You want first person then?

I respect your opinion though, but for me, RE2 is a lot better than 7. Enemy variety alone beats it.

#4 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@jasonofa36 said:

You want first person then?

I respect your opinion though, but for me, RE2 is a lot better than 7. Enemy variety alone beats it.

but game is still design with third person in mind. having it wont fix anyways.

other than first person. RE7 was more scary and atmospheric.

#5 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

No.

I cant explode the bulb when i shoot it. in a freakin Horror game.. in 2019!!. what a lazy developers they are.

In Metro games, you can shoot any bulb and they explode and thus room become dark.

#6 Posted by Howmakewood (5754 posts) -

Zombie action game, okay.

#7 Posted by JasonOfA36 (1178 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: The mod maker will fix things as much as he can. I'm trying it right now and it's not half bad.

#8 Posted by warmblur (1947 posts) -

I think RE7 is overrated but that's just me.

#9 Edited by BoxRekt (847 posts) -

I just want to say putting a game in first person doesn't make a game better that's just a preference. Many people hate playing games in first person for instance.

I played Morrowind in both First Person and Third Person and had fun with each perspective because the overall game itself was enjoyable. If it was a bad game I wouldn't have enjoyed either perspective.

If perspective is your main gripe, go home, you're drunk.

#10 Posted by enzyme36 (4102 posts) -

I think great... and it's clear that zombies is what this series been missing for a long time.

#11 Edited by sts106mat (24865 posts) -

I finished my first (and probably last) playthrough yesterday. It was decent. I agree it isn't all that.

Roll on Metro Exodus!

#12 Edited by DaVillain- (35469 posts) -

@warmblur said:

RE7 felt like it was underrated if you ask me.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#13 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (5670 posts) -

Nope. It's much better than 7. Your (awful) opinion was already made up before you even played the game though.

#14 Posted by phbz (4212 posts) -

I didn't like 7, but the remake it's a superb game.

#15 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (5012 posts) -

@ghosts4ever:

I find it to be the best Resident Evil game in recent years. RE7 was great too but it didn't really FEEL like a Resident Evil to me. It felt more like a side project. An experimental one at that. RE2 brings the horror back while revitalizing the old formula.

Avatar image for storm_of_swords
#16 Posted by storm_of_swords (2702 posts) -

@warmblur said:

You are not alone. Resident Evil 7 was crap.

Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 2 are the best Resident Evil games.

#17 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Your (awful) opinion was already made up before you even played the game though.

when i played the demo before right? thats what demo was about.

Loading Video...

The best moment in RE series and you cant find it in RE2.

#18 Posted by ProtossRushX (5203 posts) -

No.

#19 Posted by Telekill (8373 posts) -

RE2 is way better than RE7. So much so, I didn't even bother buying RE7. I borrowed it from a friend, played a couple hours in VR and realized it's not Resident Evil.

There's a major difference between me and you though Ghost. I can't stand FPS games anymore and you love them.

#20 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@Telekill said:

There's a major difference between me and you though Ghost. I can't stand FPS games anymore and you love them.

well i lost interest in every genre other than FPS.

beside RE7 was not FPS in any shape or form. it was first person survival horror. shooting parts were pretty bad.

#21 Posted by knight-k (2533 posts) -

Doom and Deus Ex are overrated.

RE2 is a remake of a 90's game and still socres a 91 MC.

Now go back to your kiddy and casual games OP.

#22 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@knight-k said:

thats what im talking about. its barely decent game that score 91 because of nastolgia.

#23 Posted by Archangel3371 (27349 posts) -

Nope, not at all. I’ve played a few hours of it so far and think that it’s fantastic. While I did enjoy RE7 I would definitely prefer that they return to this kind of third person style of game for RE8.

#24 Posted by knight-k (2533 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@knight-k said:

thats what im talking about. its barely decent game that score 91 because of nastolgia.

Or maybe your gaming taste is pure shit?

Also RE2 > Metro.

Let's see if Metro even get to 90 on MC, LMFAO!

#25 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@knight-k said:

Also RE2 > Metro.

you play score i play games.

you cant shoot bulb in RE2 but you can in Metro.

history show most of best games ever has been 80s on metacritic. because critics always impressed by anything mainstream.

so i dont want Metro to become mainstream (as much as i hate publisher) because if it become mainstream. it will be ruined.

btw its not sony exclusive so why are you praising it? im not bashing it since i kinda liked it. but if sony exclusive are worse than this than i dont think any of them are worth a play.

#26 Posted by cainetao11 (36413 posts) -

Its a great game. But I know a guy that says its his GOTY. That's stupid as there are 11 months left in the year.

#27 Posted by Telekill (8373 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: First person regardless. I don't see myself buying a first person game (shooter or not) for the foreseeable future.

#28 Posted by knight-k (2533 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@knight-k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@knight-k said:

Also RE2 > Metro.

history show most of best games ever has been 80s on metacritic. because critics always impressed by anything mainstream.

so i dont want Metro to become mainstream (as much as i hate publisher) because if it become mainstream. it will be ruined.

btw its not sony exclusive so why are you praising it? im not bashing it since i kinda liked it. but if sony exclusive are worse than this than i dont think any of them are worth a play.

You need learn type amigo.

You only play shitty fps games targeted at teenage boys. Wow so good, lol gtfo

#29 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@knight-k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@knight-k said:

Also RE2 > Metro.

You need learn type amigo.

You only play shitty fps games targeted at teenage boys. Wow so good, lol gtfo

so are movie games target at non gamers who like to watch rather than play games

here look

Loading Video...

Everyone fear Doom Slayer. the most badass scene i have ever seen in games.

#30 Posted by IvanGrozny (885 posts) -

I think both games are good in its own way. Resident Evil 2 couldn't be in first person because it was a remake lol But i agree, the should keep first person view for the sequels.

#31 Posted by Fedor (4306 posts) -

Lol, people here actually believe he's played the game?

#32 Posted by lundy86_4 (52345 posts) -

Not even a little. The game is excellent from start-to-finish and has made the gameplay tight, and fun as hell.

#33 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@fedor said:

Lol, people here actually believe he's played the game?

read again. so if person think game is 7/10 decent game. is this bad??

come on.

i still think RE2 is best game of 2019 so far but but Metro will surpassed it soon.

#34 Posted by Pedro (33574 posts) -

Gaming has become a heavily group think community. Once key outlets praise a game, the hordes jump in to literally repeat the mantra. The same applies for hating a game. The concept of varied points of view in gaming is diminishing rapidly.

#35 Edited by Lucianu (10338 posts) -
@Pedro said:

Gaming has become a heavily group think community. Once key outlets praise a game, the hordes jump in to literally repeat the mantra. The same applies for hating a game. The concept of varied points of view in gaming is diminishing rapidly.

Allthough there will always be certain circumstances and personal biases that'll shape a video game's purchase warrant by a consumer, some stupidly silly and some genuine, i don't agree with what you're proposing. Look at how well Skyward Sword was received by professional reviewers, yet it's one of the most, if not the most frowned upon game in that series by a vast majority of the fanbase and outside the fanbase. Diablo 3 sold tremendously well and was very well received yet a majority agrees it's not as good as Diablo 2 was, mostly everyone argues against it and in favor of Path of Exile being the superior point 'n click - action RPG, and no one in the fanbase liked its divergent direction.

And if anyone would be inclined to mention that bullshit piece of shit dismissive term "honeymoon" period, let me inform you - the more a game gets exposure and sales, the more its consumer base increases. More and more people play that game; each individual may be wildly different from one another with completely different, personal views. So you'll always, always get people that either don't share your enthusiasm for a video game because they don't like it or they fall on their malicious side and ruthlessly spread hate because that makes them against the crowd; makes them more unique, or so they think.

Edit: - As for Resident Evil 2 Remake, i'm currently playing it, the Claire portion, and it's one of the best starts to a year. It's a great game, fantastic remake and a worthwile experience.

#36 Edited by uninspiredcup (32143 posts) -

@enzyme36 said:

I think great... and it's clear that zombies is what this series been missing for a long time.

Good job updating the character as well. Their tends to be a tendency with modern gaming to hit characters with the ugly stick to please a certain group of gamers people. Clearly nobody at Capcom was listening.

#37 Posted by Fedor (4306 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Why read again? I don't think you own it or played anything but the demo.

#38 Edited by djoffer (1149 posts) -

Yes while the game is good, it’s nowhere near a 91/100 imo.. would probaly rate it 75/100 myself. Then again taste are different for everyone!

#39 Posted by uninspiredcup (32143 posts) -

@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: Why read again? I don't think you own it or played anything but the demo.

Well, he wasn't aware it had a duel campaign.

Perhaps Ghost works for IGN?

#40 Posted by Fedor (4306 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: He said himself last Friday he doesn't own it and doesnt buy any games until a month plus after release. That includes Metro(his baby). He doesn't own the game.

#41 Edited by uninspiredcup (32143 posts) -

@fedor said:

@uninspiredcup: He said himself last Friday he doesn't own it and doesnt buy any games until a month plus after release. That includes Metro(his baby). He doesn't own the game.

All this time thought he was the most hardcore. God, so disillusioned.

But he didn't even play Hardcore, the real game mode, for men.

#42 Posted by Fedor (4306 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Real men use ink ribbons.

#43 Posted by Pedro (33574 posts) -

@Lucianu said:

Allthough there will always be certain circumstances and personal biases that'll shape a video game's purchase warrant by a consumer, some stupidly silly and some genuine, i don't agree with what you're proposing. Look at how well Skyward Sword was received by professional reviewers, yet it's one of the most, if not the most frowned upon game in that series by a vast majority of the fanbase and outside the fanbase. Diablo 3 sold tremendously well and was very well received yet a majority agrees it's not as good as Diablo 2 was, mostly everyone argues against it and in favor of Path of Exile being the superior point 'n click - action RPG, and no one in the fanbase liked its divergent direction.

And if anyone would be inclined to mention that bullshit piece of shit dismissive term "honeymoon" period, let me inform you - the more a game gets exposure and sales, the more its consumer base increases. More and more people play that game; each individual may be wildly different from one another with completely different, personal views. So you'll always, always get people that either don't share your enthusiasm for a video game because they don't like it or they fall on their malicious side and ruthlessly spread hate because that makes them against the crowd; makes them more unique, or so they think.

Edit: - As for Resident Evil 2 Remake, i'm currently playing it, the Claire portion, and it's one of the best starts to a year. It's a great game, fantastic remake and a worthwile experience.

What I stated is nothing new. This is the nature of the internet. It does not mean that there aren't tear away instances that have broken away from the norm but those instances in which you have provided are not the norm.

#44 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (5012 posts) -

@Pedro:

So what did you think about RE2 Remake?

#45 Posted by Pedro (33574 posts) -

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@Pedro:

So what did you think about RE2 Remake?

I only played the demo and it seemed like a standard modern day game with the standard RE mechanics.

#46 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@fedor said:

Im currently playing it actually. i now got it and playing leon campaign.

#47 Posted by Fedor (4306 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Yea... No you aren't.

#48 Posted by Zuon (283 posts) -

I'm sure I'll just be firing blanks here, but two questions, Mr. Ghost.

1. What benefit would the ability to shoot lights have in a game where your enemies are creatures of the night?

2. Can you name any horror game that has shooting lights as a game mechanic? No action/stealth/shooter games allowed here. Only Horror games.

#49 Posted by uninspiredcup (32143 posts) -

@Zuon said:

I'm sure I'll just be firing blanks here, but two questions, Mr. Ghost.

1. What benefit would the ability to shoot lights have in a game where your enemies are creatures of the night?

Isn't that vampires?

#50 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9419 posts) -

@fedor said:

@ghosts4ever: Yea... No you aren't.

still you will not going to believe?