Rereleasing The Witcher 1 (and maybe 2) for PS4/X1?

• 48 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

As most of you know, there was a port of the first Witcher planned for 7th gen consoles and was supposed to be out somewhen in late 2009. However, the development was eventually canceled. Now, with the series reaching the status of trilogy, do you think it would be a good idea if The Witcher 1 and maybe 2 were rereleased for PS4/Xbone as well as PC? If done properly and with additional improvements (not only graphical) and for $25 each, I'd really buy them.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#2 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I could see it happening. It's the new trend.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

They already said that they don't want to go back to Witcher 2 or Witcher 1 . They already worked hard for Xbox 360 version of the Witcher 2 and it cost them lot of money to re write the entire engine , so it can work on consoles . In the end they said results didn't satisfy them and sales weren't that good either , so that topic is closed .

Their full focus is on Witcher 3 and later it'll shift to Cyberpunk 2077 (much smaller team is working on that game ATM) . They said that it is too early to confirm or deny console release of that game right now but it's high possibility .

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The userbase is rather small on PS4/X1.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

doubt it.. they have the Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk to worry about

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58906 Posts

That white wolf game, be good if they finished it and released it on the pc.

At the same time, they would release it on consoles, everyone wins.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts

They could contract it out to another developer, like Bluepoint, which would allow them to focus on TW3 and Cyberpunk. However, I think if they were going to do that they would have done that before TW3 comes out. That way console gamers would be caught up with the series. I've heard a few people say they aren't interested in TW3 solely because they haven't played the first two.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

if I have to be honest I think alot of people would appriciate TW1 on console, as it were far better tehn TW2. (we can argue about the combat, which were fairly timing based and rythmic in TW1, vs the more active combat of TW2).

But storywise, setting and questwise TW1 is still the better of the two, the ability to see how the World was, not not just a series of warzones made a big impact. And I liked the greater need to read about the monsters.

Not to mention Garalt (well pretty much everyone come to think of it) were so much more badass in TW1.

Sadly I doubt we will see either, so here is to hoping that TW3 goes back to the game series roots in setting and tone.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Dont care, the first Witcher was boring as fck, 2nd one was good tho but aleady own both on PC

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

Why not

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

How about some new games. I can't believe all of these remakes they're doing. I was surprised they made Tomb: Raider "Definitive Edition" and now they're remaking Metro and and The Last of Us. I think developers should focus on making actual next-gen games rather than 1080p versions of games that were played that way on PC's years ago (with the exception fo TLOU obviously).

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

They would have to do a lot to the witcher 1. the combat in that game is atrocious.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'd rather see them just focus on making a good Witcher 3, than making remasters.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

CDPR aint got time for that

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#16 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

I was one of the few it seems to buy the Witcher 2 on 360 and loved it. But on Steam, you can get 1, 2, and pre order 3 for like $70. I already have the first 2, and 3 is pre ordered. I doubt CD wants to pour the funds into the games for these new consoles when the userbase is small, and majority buy COD.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@lostrib said:

CDPR aint got time for that

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@uninspiredcup said:

Rise of the White Wolf is already on PC . It is called "The Witcher : Enhanced Edition" . Rise of the White Wolf wasn't a new game , it was remake of first game as a console game . First Witcher was very PC centric game and direct port was impossible .

So they decided to rewrite the entire game to make it playable on controller but it was costing them a lot of money and at the same time their PC fanbase was growing and requesting them to make the sequel , so they canceled the project and announced that they are focusing on sequel now .

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Cloud_imperium said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Rise of the White Wolf is already on PC . It is called "The Witcher : Enhanced Edition". Rise of the White Wolf wasn't a new game , it was remake of first game as a console game . First Witcher was very PC centric game and direct port was impossible

My friend, you're contradicting yourself. When attempting to educate people, this is incredibly counterproductive.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

They would have to do a lot to the witcher 1. the combat in that game is atrocious.

Very true.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 ChristianGmr14
Member since 2014 • 157 Posts

Witcher 2 I would definitely love a PS4/XB1 remaster, but Witcher 1 had a very different combat system and it wouldn't transition well.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Rise of the White Wolf is already on PC . It is called "The Witcher : Enhanced Edition". Rise of the White Wolf wasn't a new game , it was remake of first game as a console game . First Witcher was very PC centric game and direct port was impossible

My friend, you're contradicting yourself. When attempting to educate people, this is incredibly counterproductive.

Go ahead an enlighten us .

EDIT :

Forget it , let me enlighten you instead .

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/The_Witcher:_Rise_of_the_White_Wolf

The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf (Polish: Wiedźmin: Powrót Białego Wilka) is a cancelled console role-playing game for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 by CD Projekt RED. It was originally going to be released in Fall 2009, but as of April 2009, the development has been suspended.

While it would feature the same story as The Witcher PC game, based on the book series of the same name by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, it would use a new engine, created in cooperation with Widescreen Games, and a new action-based combat system.

Like the PC original,The Witcher follows the story of Geralt, a mutant "witcher" — a traveling monster hunter for hire gifted with unnatural powers.

The game used an entirely new engine and would have featured a new action-based combat system that took full advantage of the console controller.

Loading Video...

"Best PC RPG in Years ... Reborn as Ultimate Console RPG" .

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 uninspiredcup

@Cloud_imperium said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@uninspiredcup said:

EDIT :

The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf (Polish: Wiedźmin: Powrót Białego Wilka) is a cancelled console role-playing game for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 by CD Projekt RED. It was originally going to be released in Fall 2009, but as of April 2009, the development has been suspended.

While it would feature the same story as The Witcher PC game, based on the book series of the same name by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, it would use a new engine, created in cooperation with Widescreen Games, and a new action-based combat system.

Like the PC original,The Witcher follows the story of Geralt, a mutant "witcher" — a traveling monster hunter for hire gifted with unnatural powers.

The game used an entirely new engine and would have featured a new action-based combat system that took full advantage of the console controller.

Loading Video...

My friend, it's almost baffling how, with the obnoxious tone and attempts at being patronizing, the big spam of text, the youtube links, you still seem completely and utterly oblivious to something, actually incredibly simple.

It's not the same game.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cloud_imperium

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

EDIT :

My friend, it's almost baffling how, with the obnoxious tone and attempts at being patronizing, the big spam of text, the youtube links, you still seem completely and utterly oblivious to something, actually incredibly simple.

It's not the same game.

Source .?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 uninspiredcup

@Cloud_imperium said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

EDIT :

It's not the same game.

Source .?

Try reading your own posts? lol

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

The game would not work on consoles. The combat was CLEARLY designed for a mouse. The transition would be awkward at best.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

They've got two games already in development. One has already been delayed and the other hasn't gotten far enough to get a release date at all. They've got their hands full already.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

They didn't make much money putting the second one on the 360. Which at the time had 50+ million people as a userbase.

The PS4 and Bone have about 10 million as a potential userbase.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I'm hype.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I have an idea, lets just re-release every single game released on ps360 in the past 3 years. Great idea isn't it?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17423 Posts

It would make sense.

I played the first chapter of the first and still havent beat the second, but it would be nice to be able to play them back to back to prepare for the third.

The second took some time to understand because i hadnt played the first.

If they want to expand to consoles, they'd better release them on the platforms so the audience knows what the product is.

It made a minor splash on 360 because it was a PC only franchise. Blindly releasing the 3rd without the others isnt a good idea

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Bought the Witcher 2 on the 360.. wasn't overly impressed with it. Didn't even finish it. but I can see why others may be into the series.

Having said that.. Witcher 3 looks beastly.. I'll likely pick it up (after I finish pt 2).

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Salt_The_Fries

@silversix_ said:

I have an idea, lets just re-release every single game released on ps360 in the past 3 years. Great idea isn't it?

Bro, I'm usually against remakes and shit, but it's been 7 years since I last played The Witcher 1, and I don't play on PC anymore. And console gamers MUST be simply exposed to its excellence in an uncompromising RPG vision! Plus with parts 2 and 3 available on consoles, it would make sense if the part 1 made its way there.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Not gonna happen,especially the first one.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

@organic_machine said:

The game would not work on consoles. The combat was CLEARLY designed for a mouse. The transition would be awkward at best.

They could try making the combat system from scratch.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@silversix_ said:

Bro, I'm usually against remakes and shit, but it's been 7 years since I last played The Witcher 1, and I don't play on PC anymore. And console gamers MUST be simply exposed to its excellence in an uncompromising RPG vision! Plus with parts 2 and 3 available on consoles, it would make sense if the part 1 made its way there.

if they bundle it for free with the collectors edition of TW3 then okay but reselling TW1 in 1080p for $60 wouldn't be okay at all and you know 'IF' they do release it for consoles it'd be priced high like every milked HD port.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Salt_The_Fries

Like I said TW1 and 2 should be sold at $20-25 dollars at most or bundled together for $35 on consoles that is.

GoreMaster159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GoreMaster159
Member since 2018 • 2 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: yes

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7226 Posts

never played 1enjoyed 2 on 360 though. Surprised it hasn't happened isn't 2 BC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

For a minute their, I thought Salt_The_Fries was back in SW! Goddamn Necro thread -_-

But Necro aside, Witcher 1 just wouldn't work in today's console standards. It was build for KB/M at hand. Witcher 2 on 360 was testing the waters.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

IT'S A FUC**NG FOUR YEAR OLD THREAD WHAT ARE YOU DOING???

This is the undisputed king of Necros.

Responding to a 4 year old comment with "yes"

*facepalm* :D

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

The mummies alive!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Yes i got in.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

So dude bumped this only to delete his post.

Not every day you see a double necro tho.

Wonder what happened to Salt.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

So dude bumped this only to delete his post.

Not every day you see a double necro tho.

Wonder what happened to Salt.

I was about to post when I noticed that too lol.

Hey @davillain- please do as you see fit with this.