• 56 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Report: new Switch model launching this year (51 votes)

Nintendo should launch a "Pro" version upgrade. 53%
Nintendo should launch a Switch 2 already. 10%
Nintendo shouldn't launch any new Switch systems this year. Let PS5 and X1 duke it out! 37%

https://www.polygon.com/nintendo-switch/2020/1/6/21051666/new-nintendo-switch-model-2020-release-date

Nintendo is reportedly working on an updated Nintendo Switch model to be released sometime in 2020, according to Taiwanese electronics newspaper DigiTimes.

DigiTimes reported the new Nintendo Switch model will be released in “mid-2020,” with production beginning “at the end of first-quarter 2020” — which is sometime around March. The news lines up with a previous report from Wall Street Journal technology reporter Takashi Mochizuki. Mochizuki reported in August that “Nintendo has ideas for further updates to the Switch lineup after those two models to make the platform’s lifecycle long.”

What do you think, SW? Are you ready for a Switch upgrade? Would you prefer a Pro version or a successor already? Or do you not want anything? I'm ready for the Pro version. My body is ready, in fact.

• 
Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#51 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 8747 Posts

I don't care how many Switch systems are released so long as they keep making games for it another 5 years or so.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1175 Posts

really hoping for a Pro model

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3827 Posts

I remember when "report" wasn't clickbait for "rumor."

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 3827 Posts

@Telekill: Switch isn't going to have an 8 year lifespan lol

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3589 Posts

I'd say switch has 2 year max before the next system. There's no way they can keep supporting it longer than the standard 5 years. Especially as it being out of date tech.

SirLeoTheLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56 SirLeoTheLion
Member since 2020 • 28 Posts

@ulfrinn: I had a friend who said the same thing you did. She was upset about the release of the next Breath of the Wild comings to the next console generation after I asked her what she thought about a potential Switch Pro with 4K possibilities. I'm not sure how she arrived at that but I assured her it's likely the game will be on the Switch and the next generation console since it happened with Breath of the Wild and Twilight Princess.

As for me, I think a 4K Switch sounds appealing since I haven't bought a Switch yet and I would like to get the best picture quality possible from it. But it'll come a little too late because I'm going to get a Switch specifically for New Horizons in March and I'm already holding off on preordering the game in the hopes of a special edition Switch bundle. I don't see that happening either and I'm probably making a poor decision by holding off on that preorder.