Report: Madden NFL 15 demo only for EA Access buyers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PSP107 (16280 posts) -

"There won't be a freely available demo of Madden NFL 15 for players to download this year, an EA rep has confirmed to Joystiq. The publisher made a habit of offering a downloadable demo for its annual pro football series since December 2005, when it launched the demo for Madden NFL 2006. A demo for the game will reportedly be available only to Xbox One owners that also subscribe to EA Access, according to an EA representative that spoke with Polygon."

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/08/11/report-madden-nfl-15-demo-only-for-ea-access-buyers/#comments

That's crazy.

#2 Posted by jimmarko21876 (428 posts) -

Or you can always buy Madden 08 for $0.99 on any last gen system and play it as the Madden 15 demo since it is the same recycled shit every year :)

#3 Posted by hoyalawya (344 posts) -

Glad I subscribed.

#4 Edited by SecretPolice (30753 posts) -

No a Madden fan anymore but that's pretty big for those big Madden fans out there.

#5 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

Old news.

Good to see you again PSP

#6 Posted by Heil68 (57212 posts) -

Paying for demos now? Hmmm....

#7 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

Outstanding value.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
#9 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@Heil68 said:

I know right? The Xbox way of gaming.

You get more than demo's, don't ya know

#10 Posted by Heil68 (57212 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@walloftruth said:

@Heil68 said:

Year old games? I want to see if they put the new Madden on there when it comes out. I have a feeling they wont. What do you think? I thought about subscribing and saving 10% on it though.

#11 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@walloftruth said:

@Heil68 said:

Year old games? I want to see if they put the new Madden on there when it comes out. I have a feeling they wont. What do you think? I thought about subscribing and saving 10% on it though.

Not right away they won't....but months down the road I'm sure they will.

I'm not really interested in EA Access but I downloaded it last night for a month just to check it out.....I will cancel after the month is up but I felt it was a good chance to play Madden 25 and Fifa 14 for 5 bucks since I haven't played them yet.

#12 Posted by santoron (8583 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Hell no. They aren't going to cannibalize their actual sales. This is set up to generate revenue from games that aren't selling anymore.

#13 Posted by Seabas989 (12982 posts) -

Monopolies suck.

#14 Posted by Heil68 (57212 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Heil68 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@walloftruth said:

@Heil68 said:

I'm not really interested in EA Access but I downloaded it last night for a month just to check it out.....I will cancel after the month is up but I felt it was a good chance to play Madden 25 and Fifa 14 for 5 bucks since I haven't played them yet.

I think access to new games, will be 6+ months out, especially for Mass Effect 4. I want to play Madden 25 too and if I can for "free" might as well and I can gain the $5 back if I preorder Madden 15.

#15 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Heil68 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@walloftruth said:

@Heil68 said:

I think access to new games, will be 6+ months out, especially for Mass Effect 4. I want to play Madden 25 too and if I can for "free" might as well and I can gain the $5 back if I preorder Madden 15.

See you are already finding value lol