Remedy's P7 to come out 2019; new game project starting this year

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

Remedy Entertainment's cinematic third person shooter P7 for PS4, XBO and PC is said to release in 2019. The game is said to have expanded replayability due to multiplayer elements of the game. Remedy has said they plan on implementing cooperative play into future titles so P7 and their new project could have it.

article

Both of our game projects have progressed well, and their development work will continue according to the agreed schedules. We have delivered the agreed milestones of the single-player campaign of the CrossFire 2 game for Smilegate Entertainment Ltd., and have correspondingly received the payments tied to the milestones on time. The development of the single-player campaign will continue in 2018. The campaign we are developing is part of the more extensive

CrossFire 2 game under development, with Smilegate responsible for its development plans and commercialization.

Our other game project, project P7 that is being done with 505 Games S.p.A., proceeded from the pre-production phase to the production phase at the beginning of the period under review. The development of the game has progressed according to our plans. P7 is expected to be released during 2019.

In addition to our two game projects underway, we launched the preliminary preparations for a new game project at the end of 2017.

During 2018, the company will have two game projects in the production phase, in which both the personnel expenses caused by them and purchases of external services are at their highest. One of the projects is the company’s own game brand codenamed P7, in which the company’s own financing plays a significant role. At the same time, the company will launch a third game project, continuing recruitment and other investments supporting the growth strategy

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

Hopefully it will be more like max payne and alan wake and less like quantum break.

eitherway i think it will get announce this year E3 if its coming next year.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Love Remedy games, yes even Quantum Break, so I can't wait for their next game. Happy they have a multiplat coming out as more sales and more people to appreciate the game, hopefully it's good.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NoodleFighter

@ghosts4ever: @sailor232: Alan Wake was a good game I sure hope they learned their lesson with Quantum Break

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Quantum Break was so bad that I don't give a damn about their next game. **** you, Remedy.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

What was so bad about QB? It looked somewhat similar to Max Payne, though I'm only judging by pictures.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46193 Posts

@sailor232 said:

Love Remedy games, yes even Quantum Break

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R4gn4r0k  Online

@pimphand_gamer said:

What was so bad about QB? It looked somewhat similar to Max Payne, though I'm only judging by pictures.

Too many custscenes, too many times the game just forces the gamer to be a viewer and a not a gamer. Not enough gameplay, not enough meat on the bone.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

I made it to the end of chapter 2 and deleted it. The mediocre action is chopped up by so much bad, tedious storytelling. I chronicled my playthrough last year before I deleted it.

1. Looks pretty. Runs badly. Have to lower everything to medium-low.
  2. Why can’t I turn off the disgusting motion blur?
  3. The crouch is automatic. That’s a boring way to do it. Why does he need to crouch all the time? He even crouches when he’s behind a pillar, as if only the bottom part will protect him.
  4. The recoil is crazy bad.
  5. At least the controls and animations are responsive.
  6. Why do the bullets get fatter as they travel? Well, I know why. They want you to be able to see them at a distance. But it looks fake.
  7. Why can’t I shoot without holding aim and using the over-the-shoulder view? I’m waiting to see what the shoot button does when you’re not holding the right mouse button. Right now it doesn’t do anything at all. I’m assuming there’s no melee, since he has infinite pistol ammo.
  8. The story so far has been unintentionally funny, with all the ridiculous time stuff.
  9. The time mechanics make so little sense that it’s hard to take them seriously even in sci-fi. And the story wants to be taken seriously. He can manipulate parts of the environment while the rest continues in normal time. How do those isolated areas not get torn out of existence, with the universe always moving?
  10. I can’t believe the heavy pistol only has four bullets.
  11. The time powers could be fun, later.
  12. Why is the cast from The Wire here? What is this obsession with Hollywood faces in games? Why not use the medium to create something unique?
  13. Man, these cinematics are so frequent and LONG. Story seems to be going all over the place. What was the point of showing the henchman with his pregnant girlfriend/wife?
  14. Okay, I’m seeing now that he’s gonna be an important character. But this long-ass show isn’t interesting. Also, why do the live action cutscenes auto-resume after I Alt + Tab back to the game? I miss part of them because the screen is still black for like two seconds.
  15. Lol, it’s pretty obvious the fights are cut like this (chopped up) because the actors can’t fight. Would have been easier as a CG cutscene.
  16. Oh great, an upgrade menu now. I’d rather be playing than looking at options. I was hoping this wasn’t one of those games. But the AAA action games are ALL like that now.
  17. I thought this was a shooter. There’s not enough action.
  18. It’s funny that the characters keep talking to you even as you explore the environments. I’m in the train yard. I can’t even hear the girl anymore, yet she’s still talking.
  19. I bet this would look really pretty with high settings.
  20. I’m liking these time powers. The battle ones. But is this really hard mode? I’m pretty sure I selected hard. Why is this easy?
  21. The exploration parts aren’t gameplay. Pressing V to reveal the secret and then holding Q to fix the environment, in every situation, without any thought, isn’t gameplay.
  22. Deleted. **** you, Remedy.
PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

I made it to the end of chapter 2 and deleted it. The mediocre action is chopped up by so much bad, tedious storytelling. I chronicled my playthrough last year before I deleted it.

1. Looks pretty. Runs badly. Have to lower everything to medium-low.
  2. Why can’t I turn off the disgusting motion blur?
  3. The crouch is automatic. That’s a boring way to do it. Why does he need to crouch all the time? He even crouches when he’s behind a pillar, as if only the bottom part will protect him.
  4. The recoil is crazy bad.
  5. At least the controls and animations are responsive.
  6. Why do the bullets get fatter as they travel? Well, I know why. They want you to be able to see them at a distance. But it looks fake.
  7. Why can’t I shoot without holding aim and using the over-the-shoulder view? I’m waiting to see what the shoot button does when you’re not holding the right mouse button. Right now it doesn’t do anything at all. I’m assuming there’s no melee, since he has infinite pistol ammo.
  8. The story so far has been unintentionally funny, with all the ridiculous time stuff.
  9. The time mechanics make so little sense that it’s hard to take them seriously even in sci-fi. And the story wants to be taken seriously. He can manipulate parts of the environment while the rest continues in normal time. How do those isolated areas not get torn out of existence, with the universe always moving?
  10. I can’t believe the heavy pistol only has four bullets.
  11. The time powers could be fun, later.
  12. Why is the cast from The Wire here? What is this obsession with Hollywood faces in games? Why not use the medium to create something unique?
  13. Man, these cinematics are so frequent and LONG. Story seems to be going all over the place. What was the point of showing the henchman with his pregnant girlfriend/wife?
  14. Okay, I’m seeing now that he’s gonna be an important character. But this long-ass show isn’t interesting. Also, why do the live action cutscenes auto-resume after I Alt + Tab back to the game? I miss part of them because the screen is still black for like two seconds.
  15. Lol, it’s pretty obvious the fights are cut like this (chopped up) because the actors can’t fight. Would have been easier as a CG cutscene.
  16. Oh great, an upgrade menu now. I’d rather be playing than looking at options. I was hoping this wasn’t one of those games. But the AAA action games are ALL like that now.
  17. I thought this was a shooter. There’s not enough action.
  18. It’s funny that the characters keep talking to you even as you explore the environments. I’m in the train yard. I can’t even hear the girl anymore, yet she’s still talking.
  19. I bet this would look really pretty with high settings.
  20. I’m liking these time powers. The battle ones. But is this really hard mode? I’m pretty sure I selected hard. Why is this easy?
  21. The exploration parts aren’t gameplay. Pressing V to reveal the secret and then holding Q to fix the environment, in every situation, without any thought, isn’t gameplay.
  22. Deleted. **** you, Remedy.

Thanks for your detailed insights.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NoodleFighter

@R4gn4r0k said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

Too many custscenes, too many times the game just forces the gamer to be a viewer and a not a gamer. Not enough gameplay, not enough meat on the bone.

It tries to be a movie game harder than most Playstation first party games.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#12 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

I swear this meant Persona 7. Guess I'm out.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k  Online

@NoodleFighter said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Remedy: "We want to make a sequel to Alan Wake 2"

MS: "Meh, we don't really care. We'll only fund a new project if you make use of all these movie studios we have now"

Remedy: "sigh ... Ok"

Yeah, Quantum Break is definitely a movie game. Eventhough I totally loved the science fiction tale that was told. I also loved the gameplay though, and couldn't help but feel there should've been more of it.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3217 Posts

I hope their next title ends up being better then Quantum Break.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Its Remedy. We'll be lucky to get it by 2021

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NoodleFighter

@R4gn4r0k said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Remedy: "We want to make a sequel to Alan Wake 2"

MS: "Meh, we don't really care. We'll only fund a new project if you make use of all these movie studios we have now"

Remedy: "sigh ... Ok"

Yeah, Quantum Break is definitely a movie game. Eventhough I totally loved the science fiction tale that was told. I also loved the gameplay though, and couldn't help but feel there should've been more of it.

The original plans of the Xbox One really did screw over Quantum Break