Redfall reviews leak, official review embargo set to lift today- GameSpot review 4/10

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

GameSpot review: https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/redfall-review-half-staked/1900-6418062/

What do you think? Time will tell?

Video: https://twitter.com/TWTHEREDDRAGON/status/1652849914794110978?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Inb4 ‘well it’s on GamePass so scores don’t matter’ argument

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Who is this guy?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44106 Posts

Meh. Have no idea who this guy is. Just going to wait and see what the sites that I know of say about this game. Having said that this doesn’t seem terribly surprising given the state that this game seems to be launching in. Still though since it is coming to Game Pass I’ll at least give it a try. If I like it cool. If I don’t then no big deal. It’s a very low barrier of entry for me to at least check it out.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Who is this guy?

Loading Video...

This guy, apparently it 's his first review and now he's going to get his channel DMCA'd

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MysticalDonut

@Archangel3371 said:

Meh. Have no idea who this guy is. Just going to wait and see what the sites that I know of say about this game. Having said that this doesn’t seem terribly surprising given the state that this game seems to be launching in. Still though since it is coming to Game Pass I’ll at least give it a try. If I like it cool. If I don’t then no big deal. It’s a very low barrier of entry for me to at least check it out.

I don't understand why the game launches in two days yet there's still no official reviews released....

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Archangel3371

@mysticaldonut: I think they are scheduled for Monday but not sure. Not terribly out of the ordinary though. Other games have been reviewed for the day before release.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: “ Inb4 ‘well it’s on GamePass so scores don’t matter’ argument “

🤣

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

Stealth takedown animation 💀💀🤣

Also hopefully we use topic for redfall reviews to here or Wenzen's thread. Definitely dont need more thread about this ass game.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@mysticaldonut: most games that push review embargo till launch day usually review poorly.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MysticalDonut

@sakaixx said:

Also hopefully we use topic for redfall reviews to here or Wenzen's thread. Definitely dont need more thread about this ass game.

That is interesting

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MysticalDonut
@randy_lahey said:

@mysticaldonut: most games that push review embargo till launch day usually review poorly.

Usually yeah.

Redfall is gonna be the exception and get 9/10

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38728 Posts

Not only ugly with animations from the early 2000's, but notice how static everything is. As i predicted, this is Halo Infinite 2.0🤣You wanted cheap game rentals? Here's your cheap, low effort video game. If it wasn't exclusive, this kind of shovelware wouldn't have been noticed by anyone.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

The game is not out yet, makes any review suspect imo.

Jesus christ, what is with you people and the hate for this game?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mrbojangles25
@fedor said:
@Juub1990 said:

Who is this guy?

Loading Video...

This guy, apparently it 's his first review and now he's going to get his channel DMCA'd

Guy is a jackass.

Did he think this would make him more popular? It will shut his channel down.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56041 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Redfall comes out this Tuesday and the reviews are said to be drop tomorrow (May 1st) so this thread make sense in a way.

Edit: I forgot this is a Bethesda game, so therefore reviews don't drop until the day of release and that's usually not good if they are trying to hide something. Buyers beware!

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MysticalDonut

@mrbojangles25 said:

What's your issue with an honest review from someone who has played the game for 20 hours?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Archangel3371

@mrbojangles25: Indeed. Some people are literally frothing at the mouth for this game and it’s quite weird.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 5967 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Isn't obvious?

It's cows and guess what? Sony hasn't released a first party exclusive for their PS5's this year, and Spiderman 2 (their only first party exclusive this year) is out at the end of the year, so they literally have nothing better to do.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen  Online

@sakaixx said:

This is such low effort laziness that we've reached a level that is beyond pathetic. Its like that sweet spot of being so shit that its actually entertaining to see.

You compare that trash to Sony's animations, and you ask yourself why is MS still in business🤭

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hardwenzen  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:

It looks like dumpter fire. On par with the first Halo Infinite demo that created a mega PR shitstorm. Except this time around THIS is their final release, and there's no delaying for additional polish😆

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mrbojangles25

@mysticaldonut said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

What's your issue with an honest review from someone who has played the game for 20 hours?

The product is not finished, is not released.

We live in an age of, for better or worse, massive day-one patches. There could be literal gigabytes of content, fixes, and other stuff to add into the game.

Also, frankly, my issue is with the media culture that requires reviewers to have these things done so early. Pre-order sales drive the industry, sadly, which is in turn further driven by these premature reviews of unreleased, possibly unfinished/unpatched games.

The whole system is fucked up, and I'm just tired of these pissy takes people have based on early reviews, short clips taken out of context, and rumors.

I know this is System Wars but FFS at least base your opinions off of finished products.

I don't have a horse in this race, I'm swimming with games to play and while I hope Redfall is good, it's no big deal if it's not, so if it's actually bad then so be it...but let's at least wait until, you know, regular people (and not stupid fucking youtubers) have played it.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MysticalDonut
@mrbojangles25 said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

We live in an age of, for better or worse, massive day-one patches. There could be literal gigabytes of content, fixes, and other stuff to add into the game.

Also, frankly, my issue is with the media culture that requires reviewers to have these things done so early. Pre-order sales drive the industry, sadly, which is in turn further driven by these premature reviews of unreleased, possibly unfinished/unpatched games.

The whole system is fucked up, and I'm just tired of these pissy takes people have based on early reviews, short clips taken out of context, and rumors.

I know this is System Wars but FFS at least base your opinions off of finished products.

I don't have a horse in this race, I'm swimming with games to play and while I hope Redfall is good, it's no big deal if it's not, so if it's actually bad then so be it...but let's at least wait until, you know, regular people (and not stupid fucking youtubers) have played it.

....the game officially releases in about 25 hours. It's as "finished" as its gonna be. It has gone gold weeks/months ago.

Making excuses saying there could be massive day one patches is just beyond sad lol. Is that really where your standards are at?

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Lol why are cows on serious damage control over this game? Even the lems aren't excited for this one.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mrbojangles25

@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

It looks like dumpter fire. On par with the first Halo Infinite demo that created a mega PR shitstorm. Except this time around THIS is their final release, and there's no delaying for additional polish😆

*shrug*

I thought Halo Infinite was pretty good. Solid shooter.

It's no DOOM Eternal but it scratches the same itch.

I guess since it wasn't this overwhelmingly positively reviews masterpiece it's a "shitstorm" though?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mrbojangles25

@mysticaldonut said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

....the game officially releases in about 25 hours. It's as "finished" as its gonna be. It has gone gold weeks/months ago.

Making excuses saying there could be massive day one patches is just beyond sad lol. Is that really where your standards are at?

Not my standards. The industry's, though, yes.

As I said, wish it was different, but here we are.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hardwenzen  Online

@mrbojangles25 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

*shrug*

I thought Halo Infinite was pretty good. Solid shooter.

It's no DOOM Eternal but it scratches the same itch.

I guess since it wasn't this overwhelmingly positively reviews masterpiece it's a "shitstorm" though?

Referring to the first gameplay demo. It looked so bad they delayed the console seller by a year for the launch of the X. This time around, there is no delays, and you're getting what you pay for. Since its "free", well, don't expect anything.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MysticalDonut

@mrbojangles25 said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Not my standards. The industry's, though, yes.

As I said, wish it was different, but here we are.

Early impressions can be wrong. The game could turn out good and be genuinely fun.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mrbojangles25

@hardwenzen: fair enough, I guess.

I don't see the harm in optimism and positivity, though. I suppose some people just like being pissy about stuff like this.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mrbojangles25

@mysticaldonut: that's more or less my point.

You could be right, though; it is more or less finished, and if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

I saw that video on YouTube earlier, noticed lots of people got their physical copies early so figured I'd filter search for gameplay from the last 24 hours. Here is the video:

Loading Video...

Funny, guy gives an overall positive impression of it. And if you know RedDragon (the Twitter user not the video creator) he's a militant Sony shilling shitposter who is also notoriously known for Twitter blocking just about anybody who has an opinion other than his own... 😂🤣 and TC reads and quotes his shit.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

Also head scratching, guy in video compares it to Left 4 Dead but with vampires... either this guy hasn't been paying attention to the game he's put 20 hours into or maybe he never played Left 4 Dead. 🤷

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

Ouch. Starting to feel sorry for Xbox and Lems. Lems are done here.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

The Xbox is in such sorry state @sealionact stopped damage controlling completely😂😂😂I mean this is just so sad.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sagemode87

@hardwenzen said:

The Xbox is in such sorry state @sealionact stopped damage controlling completely😂😂😂I mean this is just so sad.

I almost don't want to kick them while they're down but they kinda earned it.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:
@hardwenzen said:

I almost don't want to kick them while they're down but they kinda earned it.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3388 Posts

System Warriors should up their game, how the **** are we creating threads about some no name YouTuber posting his opinion?

And starting to see Red Dragon regularly used as a source too? Jebus!

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts

Funny thing is, he came to that conclusion without even going over the fact that the game only runs 30fps on console.

But hey, this is on GAMEPASS right!?

This service for people who embrace games where standards are optional and quality is set to come out on a later indefinite TBA timeline

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#39 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

Screw this crap. give us Prey 2 or Dishonored 3.

this game faliure written all over it.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By above_average
@hardwenzen said:
@sakaixx said:

This is such low effort laziness that we've reached a level that is beyond pathetic. Its like that sweet spot of being so shit that its actually entertaining to see.

You compare that trash to Sony's animations, and you ask yourself why is MS still in business🤭

Why are you disrespecting Sony devs by comparing one of their GOTY winning masterpieces to this basement project indie trash?

Forget anyone from Sony, this doesn't even measure up to UBISOFT'S level of production and attention to detial

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3017 Posts

Oof, The bad new for lems continues.TLHBO again.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Deathloop was a Ps5 launch game. I guess Arkane has switched to MS/Gamepass standards now 🤷🏻‍♂️

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

There is barrel scraping and there's this shit 🤣

Cows are gonna be devastated if it matches horizon forgotten worsts 8 and beats miles Morales and ghost of tsunami 7 here at GS

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sagemode87

@simple-facts: just stop the damage control, no one's buying man 😂

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

@Sagemode87:

Stop being triggered by me,it's every time kid.

Chin up you got forspoken 🤣🤣

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

The Redfall Obsession continues.

Poo cows have no games to play. lolol :P

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 above_average

@theam0g said:

Lol why are cows on serious damage control over this game? Even the lems aren't excited for this one.

@kathaariancode said:

System Warriors should up their game, how the **** are we creating threads about some no name YouTuber posting his opinion?

And starting to see Red Dragon regularly used as a source too? Jebus!

@simple-facts said:

There is barrel scraping and there's this shit 🤣

Cows are gonna be devastated if it matches horizon forgotten worsts 8 and beats miles Morales and ghost of tsunami 7 here at GS

lol 😂 look at all these low standard xboy fans all crying together because no one wants to coddle the balls of this shitty looking excuse for a current gen only 1st party console exclusive.

It's ok guys...remember it's on Gamepass where quality and standards are optional.

Embrace the jank, bugs & early accessnesss that only Gamepass can deliver. Now that's value! 😆 Thank you Microsoft

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3388 Posts

@mrbojangles25: It's just shitty people being shitty. In a couple of weeks they'll start another hate parade about some other game they have no intention of playing.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 above_average

Reading through that feed it looks like the dude was playing on a 3070 on ULTRA settings? Yet the game was looking...like "that"?

🫣 Can't wait to see this running on Xbox Series X.

Hope Digital Foundry do coverage on this the same way they did on Burning Shores! Ya know, being a 1st party current gen only console exclusive and all.