Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC is mentioned in the Social Club

Avatar image for the_master_race
#1 Edited by the_master_race (4619 posts) -

Yet another leak ...

for god's sake Rockstar just announce the f**king game , what are you trying to accomplish from all this ?

-_____-

-----------------------------

https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-redemption-2-on-pc-is-mentioned-in-the-social-club-source-code/

Avatar image for madrocketeer
#2 Posted by madrocketeer (6603 posts) -

Everyone knows it's coming eventually. GTA V is, to this day, still selling like hotcakes on Steam. Rockstar would be enormous idiots to not release RDR2 on PC.

Good little bit of news for the millions who will certainly be buying it. I just won't be one of them.

Avatar image for warmblur
#3 Edited by warmblur (2511 posts) -

Funny I was just thinking last night if RDR2 would be announced on PC this year I imagine it will be. I remember GTA4 was announced on PC in August and came out in December you never know with Rockstar though.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#4 Posted by the_master_race (4619 posts) -
@warmblur said:

Funny I was just thinking last night if RDR2 would be announced on PC this year I imagine it will be. I remember GTA4 was announced on PC in August and came out in December you never know with Rockstar though.

I was thinking what is the title of Epic's next exclusive

Avatar image for ezekiel43
#5 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1601 posts) -

At least this version I won't drop in four hours. Rockstar and their shitty controller aiming.

Avatar image for boxrekt
#6 Edited by BoxRekt (1695 posts) -

This isn't really news.

It's already be reported that RDR2 will get a "remastered" version for PS5 and Xbox Scarlet close or along side the release of next gen consoles which will also include a PC version.

Avatar image for XVision84
#7 Posted by XVision84 (16220 posts) -

Day one. Saved up RDR2 just for PC. If it's Epic exclusive though I'm gonna be tilted.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#8 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9987 posts) -

Its coming on PC along with next gen console version. everyone know.

Avatar image for warmblur
#9 Edited by warmblur (2511 posts) -

@the_master_race said:
@warmblur said:

Funny I was just thinking last night if RDR2 would be announced on PC this year I imagine it will be. I remember GTA4 was announced on PC in August and came out in December you never know with Rockstar though.

I was thinking what is the title of Epic's next exclusive

If that's the case I will avoid it like the plague I already played it on the PS4 might consider buying it again on PC but if it goes to the Epic store the choice will be easy to skip it.

Avatar image for Nike_Air
#10 Edited by Nike_Air (19310 posts) -

So PC gamers do want and like movie games? I knew it.

Avatar image for howmakewood
#11 Posted by Howmakewood (5925 posts) -
@boxrekt said:

This isn't really news.

It's already be reported that RDR2 will get a "remastered" version for PS5 and Xbox Scarlet close or along side the release of next gen consoles which will also include a PC version.

^

Avatar image for davillain-
#12 Posted by DaVillain- (36901 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

Its coming on PC along with next gen console version. everyone know.

Yeah, this was tease awhile back and we all saw this happened through GTAV.

Avatar image for pyro1245
#13 Posted by pyro1245 (5051 posts) -

It's the same thing they did with GTAV. We knew exactly what their plan was from the beginning.

  1. Last Gen console release
  2. Next Gen Console release
  3. PC definitive edition

It's pretty shitty. They obviously want to sell the game to a single consumer 3 times, if possible. Then they will milk the online and never release a single-player expansion.

I'm not happy with post-GTAV Rockstar.

Avatar image for davillain-
#14 Posted by DaVillain- (36901 posts) -

Did anyone really have any doubts? Come on people! Of course Rockstar is bringing their games to PC and RDR2 was so obvious. They're just suckering you into double-dips, and because you fall for it, they keep doing this to us PC gamers.

The only reason RDR never made it to PC is because it was poorly written by a different team. So, yes, you should except RDR2 come to PC because we have better tech now. At least console gamers can no longer say: "Can PC run RDR2"

Avatar image for Gamerno6666
#15 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6793 posts) -

Finally i can get rid off some of the most horrible mechanics put in the game.

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
#16 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (8410 posts) -

Considering how well their products sell on the PC, I'm at least curious as to why they aren't capatalising on it.

Why wait until it's old news?

Avatar image for pyro1245
#17 Posted by pyro1245 (5051 posts) -
@HalcyonScarlet said:

Considering how well their products sell on the PC, I'm at least curious as to why they aren't capatalising on it.

Why wait until it's old news?

GTAV proved they can sell multiple copies if they release in stages.

Avatar image for phbz
#18 Posted by phbz (4496 posts) -

Really curious to see this running at max settings.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#19 Posted by Archangel3371 (28120 posts) -

They’re totally going to do this like they did with GTAV.

Avatar image for BassMan
#20 Edited by BassMan (10366 posts) -

@ezekiel43 said:

At least this version I won't drop in four hours. Rockstar and their shitty controller aiming.

Controller aiming is bad enough on its own, but throw 30fps into the mix and it is downright terrible. Anyway, I look forward to playing RDR2 on PC.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#21 Posted by Archangel3371 (28120 posts) -

I won’t mind double dipping for this game on a Scarlett version myself as it’s an excellent game and I look forward to any enhancements and additions they might throw in it.

Avatar image for ten_pints
#22 Posted by Ten_Pints (3830 posts) -

Can't wait for the horse testicle mods.

Avatar image for elaisse2
#23 Posted by Elaisse2 (37 posts) -

I'd like to play it with some proper controls

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#24 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31188 posts) -

@the_master_race said:

for god's sake Rockstar just announce the f**king game , what are you trying to accomplish from all this ?

1. Sell as much console copies as possible

2. Sell as much gold bars to the console crowd as possible

3. Money well dries up

4. Releases game on PC for more profits

That or they really just don't give a rat's ass about PC gamers.

Avatar image for vaeh
#25 Posted by Vaeh (497 posts) -

This time it is a legit leak.

Loading Video...

Out of nowhere and without too much buzz ... PC exclusive!

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#26 Edited by MirkoS77 (14212 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

Day one. Saved up RDR2 just for PC. If it's Epic exclusive though I'm gonna be tilted.

I would bet on it. If there's any game that Epic's going to go after hard and know it would break the resolve of many who've been boycotting their platform due to their bullshit, it's going to be RDR2. I think it's far a more likely outcome than not.

Avatar image for dxmcat
#27 Posted by dxmcat (2667 posts) -

Red Dead Online could be fun. Could care less about the SP. GTAiV was a bore, never bothered with GTAV.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
#28 Edited by Random_Matt (4244 posts) -

We still talk about this PC incoming release?

Avatar image for davillain-
#29 Posted by DaVillain- (36901 posts) -

@vaeh said:

This time it is a legit leak.

Loading Video...

Out of nowhere and without too much buzz ... PC exclusive!

So you get to play as an Native-American? It's not everyday you get to main Natives well besides the main character in Assassin's Creed 3 though. Didn't know this was a thing. Will keep an eye on this one.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#30 Edited by the_master_race (4619 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

So PC gamers do want and like movie games? I knew it.

Who told you that RDR2 is a movie game ? In what way ?

Avatar image for MirkoS77
#31 Posted by MirkoS77 (14212 posts) -

@the_master_race said:
@Nike_Air said:

So PC gamers do want and like movie games? I knew it.

Who told you that RDR2 is a movie game ? In what way ?

Because it has cinematics, duh. And any game that has cinematics=movie game.

Avatar image for davillain-
#32 Posted by DaVillain- (36901 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

So PC gamers do want and like movie games? I knew it.

Aren't you decades late saying this?

Avatar image for the_master_race
#33 Posted by the_master_race (4619 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@the_master_race said:

for god's sake Rockstar just announce the f**king game , what are you trying to accomplish from all this ?

1. Sell as much console copies as possible

2. Sell as much gold bars to the console crowd as possible

3. Money well dries up

4. Releases game on PC for more profits

That or they really just don't give a rat's ass about PC gamers.

well that pretty much sum it up

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#34 Posted by I_P_Daily (12020 posts) -

Poor hermits, waiting for console scraps to hit their PC's, get a console hermits and join the real master race :)

Avatar image for davillain-
#35 Posted by DaVillain- (36901 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Poor hermits, waiting for console scraps to hit their PC's, get a console hermits and join the real master race :)

Let me know if Rockstars announce GOTY edition for PS4 and I'll gladly buy it day one before PC announcement.

GOTY edition is the real prize.....only because this is Rockstars we're talking about.

Avatar image for warmblur
#36 Posted by warmblur (2511 posts) -

I wonder if the PC version will get a physical release like GTAV it came with 7 CD's which is crazy but I honestly don't mind it. Could be a way to avoid the Epic store if it's a exclusive.

Avatar image for dagubot
#37 Posted by dagubot (1329 posts) -

This shit better not be Epic exclusive for a year...would hate to wait another year for it to be released on Steam.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#38 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31188 posts) -
@the_master_race said:

well that pretty much sum it up

In a way it's our own fault, in another way Rockstar is just a really greedy company.

They tried this with GTA IV, having people double dip.

The situation only became worse with GTA V, where PC gamers had to wait after both last gen and and current gen consoles gamers.

PC gamers still bought it, so I'd imagine the wait will be even longer now and Rockstar can get away with anything.

@i_p_daily said:

Poor hermits, waiting for console scraps to hit their PC's, get a console hermits and join the real master race :)

Didn't know the game was regarded so badly.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#39 Posted by I_P_Daily (12020 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Poor hermits, waiting for console scraps to hit their PC's, get a console hermits and join the real master race :)

Let me know if Rockstars announce GOTY edition for PS4 and I'll gladly buy it day one before PC announcement.

GOTY edition is the real prize.....only because this is Rockstars we're talking about.

I will let you know when I start to give a shit about the PS4, so in 2000 & never :)

PS...you really shouldn't talk about buying things day 1, don't you remember how Days Gone got you in trouble???

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
#40 Posted by KungfuKitten (26635 posts) -

If they're going to pull off more 'exclusive mission' or 'exclusive horse' nonsense, I'll wait for a sale.

Avatar image for sakaixx
#41 Posted by sakaiXx (5662 posts) -

@Nike_Air said:

So PC gamers do want and like movie games? I knew it.

Only hate what you can't have

Avatar image for BassMan
#42 Edited by BassMan (10366 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Poor hermits, waiting for console scraps to hit their PC's, get a console hermits and join the real master race :)

LOL, nice try. We own the consoles as well. Thing is.... unlike you, we actually care about quality. We refuse to play the console version because it is shit.

Avatar image for IgGy621985
#43 Posted by IgGy621985 (5520 posts) -

We'll see. Would be great to play it on PC. But the game is already great on the console (playing it on PS4 Pro).

Avatar image for vaidream45
#44 Posted by Vaidream45 (1962 posts) -

I’d rather have the first one on pc. 2 was kinda a letdown for me.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#45 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1558 posts) -

What I've known about Rockstar Games in this generation of gaming, they usually prioritise to release their games onto home consoles first then port it to PC.

Avatar image for davillain-
#46 Posted by DaVillain- (36901 posts) -

Seriously question, where in the world did this whole RDR2 will be Epic exclusive came from? Why would Rockstars hurt it's reputation by not having it on Steam and everywhere to make more money? Sorry but I just cannot see RDR2 being Epic exclusive.

@i_p_daily said:

PS...you really shouldn't talk about buying things day 1, don't you remember how Days Gone got you in trouble???

?

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#47 Posted by I_P_Daily (12020 posts) -

@davillain- said:

Seriously question, where in the world did this whole RDR2 will be Epic exclusive came from? Why would Rockstars hurt it's reputation by not having it on Steam and everywhere to make more money? Sorry but I just cannot see RDR2 being Epic exclusive.

@i_p_daily said:

PS...you really shouldn't talk about buying things day 1, don't you remember how Days Gone got you in trouble???

?

You know, we all know what you said.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#48 Posted by I_P_Daily (12020 posts) -

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:

Poor hermits, waiting for console scraps to hit their PC's, get a console hermits and join the real master race :)

LOL, nice try. We own the consoles as well. Thing is.... unlike you, we actually care about quality. We refuse to play the console version because it is shit.

So you care about quality and call consoles shit, and yet you own them.

That's the best self ownage I've seen for a little while, congrats.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#49 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9987 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:

Poor hermits, waiting for console scraps to hit their PC's, get a console hermits and join the real master race :)

LOL, nice try. We own the consoles as well. Thing is.... unlike you, we actually care about quality. We refuse to play the console version because it is shit.

So you care about quality and call consoles shit, and yet you own them.

That's the best self ownage I've seen for a little while, congrats.

and you only have xbox one which is useless since everything from forza, gears to Halo avaliable on PC.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#50 Posted by I_P_Daily (12020 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@i_p_daily said:

Poor hermits, waiting for console scraps to hit their PC's, get a console hermits and join the real master race :)

Didn't know the game was regarded so badly.

Scraps is a metaphor for leftovers, hermits get the scraps from console gamers, also known as the real master race.

Hope that clears things up for you :)