Reviews: 127

User Lists: 0

#101 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 10920 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Juub1990 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

but its in recommended.

plus it doesn't even required 16 GB RAM. only 12 GB.

Learn to read. The requirements released a few days ago were by R* themselves and had Minimum and Recommended. Then two days ago, NVIDIA released their own recommendations to play at High/1080p/60fps, High/1440p/60fps and High-Medium/4K/60fps. NVIDIA never listed minimum requirements so your whole "hur hur, 2060 is now the minimum requirement" is complete bullshit because 1080p/High/60fps is not fucking Minimum, it's at the very least on par with Recommended if not higher because Recommended is typically 1080p/30fps/Medium-High.

further proven my point. Original plan was not to unoptimize game. the moment Nvidia step up and reveal thier own requirements is the moment i see theres something fishy here.

Nvidia donot want huge AAA game to perform on lower GPUs. otherwise thier overpriced GPU wont sell.

its all a part of plan. and Nvidia played the game.

You do realize that Nvidia makes more money off lower and mid range GPUs than the high end right? Most people can not afford the high end GPUs. So, it doesn't make sense to sabotage the lesser GPUs that the majority are buying. Keep spinning those conspiracy theories in your head though. LOL

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#102  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 10981 Posts

@BassMan said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Juub1990 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

but its in recommended.

Learn to read. The requirements released a few days ago were by R* themselves and had Minimum and Recommended. Then two days ago, NVIDIA released their own recommendations to play at High/1080p/60fps, High/1440p/60fps and High-Medium/4K/60fps. NVIDIA never listed minimum requirements so your whole "hur hur, 2060 is now the minimum requirement" is complete bullshit because 1080p/High/60fps is not fucking Minimum, it's at the very least on par with Recommended if not higher because Recommended is typically 1080p/30fps/Medium-High.

further proven my point. Original plan was not to unoptimize game. the moment Nvidia step up and reveal thier own requirements is the moment i see theres something fishy here.

Nvidia donot want huge AAA game to perform on lower GPUs. otherwise thier overpriced GPU wont sell.

You do realize that Nvidia makes more money off lower and mid range GPUs than the high end right? Most people can not afford the high end GPUs. So, it doesn't make sense to sabotage the lesser GPUs that the majority are buying. Keep spinning those conspiracy theories in your head though. LOL

and my friend, you realize that rockstar have top tier level of talent and expert in every department. game was complete and well optimize thus they revealed the system requirements. but then they did it on purpose.

look at 4A games. they are very small compare to rockstar and even thier game has bugs as expected but metro exodus is still well optimize game and even run on ultra fine while its requirements are more higher than RDR2.

there is no way a huge AAA billion dollar company forget to test the game before release. no freaking way.

its all one big game played with Nvidia and rockstar. they are partners.

Nvidia lower GPU suck compare to AMD. AMD vega is 10 times better than 1080 and 2070. Rx 580 and 590 perform better yet price lower than 1060 and almost equal to 1070.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6148 Posts

How does this game compare to GTA? Is it quite distinct in terms of gameplay or is it essentially GTA: Cowboy edition?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Ghosts4ever

@PernicioEnigma said:

How does this game compare to GTA? Is it quite distinct in terms of gameplay or is it essentially GTA: Cowboy edition?

from what i have seen. its better than any GTA.

simply because its mature western story plus its far more immersive than GTA. im still excited to play it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 31905 Posts

@PernicioEnigma said:

I've only played RDR 1 but I would say it definitely reminds of GTA.

In fact RDR 1 for me has more the GTA-dna than GTA V did. For example it had a ton of crazy and excentric characters that I loved visiting over and over. Meanwhile GTA V had a ton of serious character, and only one really bat **** insane one, and that was Trevor.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6148 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@PernicioEnigma said:

simply because its mature western story plus its far more immersive than GTA. im still excited to play it.

I just wish it had more realistic gun play. I don't like that slow-mo crap, it just takes all the skill out of it in my opinion.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 BassMan

@ghosts4ever: The system requirements from Rockstar have not changed. Nvidia's recommendations are their own. Your nonsensical blabbering is just silly.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Ghosts4ever

@BassMan said:

@ghosts4ever: The system requirements from Rockstar have not changed. Nvidia's recommendations are their own. Your nonsensical blabbering is just silly.

obviously they changed it. but not showing to us general public.

rockstar are making PC gamers fool.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Juub1990  Online
Member since 2013 • 8840 Posts

@BassMan: This kid has brain damage lol. His whole argument stood on the fact NVIDIA changed the requirements but they didn’t. Now he’s acting like the old man yelling at the clouds.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 BassMan

@ghosts4ever said:
@BassMan said:

obviously they changed it. but not showing to us general public.

rockstar are making PC gamers fool.

The only fool here is you. Rockstar's recommended specs don't even give any details. What is the target resolution, frame rate, settings, etc. for the recommended GPU of GTX 1060 or RX 480? If there are no specific details, then nothing has changed.

The Nividia recommendations (based on their own testing) are very specific with the targets and list the recommended GPUs for those targets.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 BassMan
@Juub1990 said:

@BassMan: This kid has brain damage lol. His whole argument stood on the fact NVIDIA changed the requirements but they didn’t. Now he’s acting like the old man yelling at the clouds.

Yeah, it is pretty funny.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#112 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 2676 Posts

@BassMan:

Yeah, well don't worry. The next gen consoles will run it max @ 8K/120 FPS.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 R4gn4r0k

@PernicioEnigma: I'm sure if you run it at 60fps on PC the aiming will feel much smoother and you won't have to rely on slow-mo so much.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 R4gn4r0k

A comparison video, because comparison videos are always cool:

Loading Video...

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3405 Posts

Here's some screenshots I took I'm running on a 970gtx runs alright mixture of high and medium setting the weird thing is I can run some settings on ultra and it's not even effecting the memory limit.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#116 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 36038 Posts

I'm reading a lot of people are having problems with this.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 R4gn4r0k

@warmblur said:

Here's some screenshots I took I'm running on a 970gtx runs alright mixture of high and medium setting the weird thing is I can run some settings on ultra and it's not even effecting the memory limit.

Damn that card still holds up! thanks for sharing your screenshots, looks stunning!

@uninspiredcup said:

Some people's experience goes like this:

>launches game from rockstar launcher
>Rockstar launcher crashes
>Game shuts down and tells you to run from rockstar launcher

So not really optimal, but I heard Rockstar is fixing their DRM launcher.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25674 Posts

@jasonofa36 said:

@DragonfireXZ95: I'm still gonna wait, because I've been looking at reddit and a lot of other places, and there are definitely launcher issues. Can't have me downloading 116GB of data with my 3rd world internet for nothing.

Yeah, I have seen those. Looks like many of them have AMD processors, so that might be a root cause. I have intel, so I guess I was just lucky I went that route. Lol

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 DragonfireXZ95
@ghosts4ever said:
@Juub1990 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

but its in recommended.

Your whole conspiracy makes no sense. Why would any company butcher optimization of a game when their livelihood is based solely on how on the game does? If they purposely made the game run like crap, people would get wind of how badly it runs, and many wouldn't buy it, thus companies doing so would be shooting themselves in the foot.

If a conspiracy like this were going on, then every single game would all of a sudden start running worse through driver updates on older cards, but that's simply not what's happening.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

wait for

1. Fix/patches

2. Steam version

3. Either of above.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#121 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9723 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@warmblur said:

Damn that card still holds up! thanks for sharing your screenshots, looks stunning!

@uninspiredcup said:

Some people's experience goes like this:

>launches game from rockstar launcher

>Rockstar launcher crashes

>Game shuts down and tells you to run from rockstar launcher

So not really optimal, but I heard Rockstar is fixing their DRM launcher.

if you buy it through the Epic store do you still need to use the R* launcher?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By BassMan

@with_teeth26: Yes, still need the R* launcher. Just like you need Uplay for Ubisoft games.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By BassMan
@R4gn4r0k said:

A comparison video, because comparison videos are always cool:

Loading Video...

They all look very similar. The game always looked great on consoles (aside from the blur). The issue was the performance. Being limited to 30fps is terrible.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 R4gn4r0k

@with_teeth26: I think so yeah, dual launchers when bought on Epic or Steam.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5185 Posts

Well, at first I thought I had the infamous black screen of death. Turns out, I had to turn on the HDR in Windows to get a picture after the loading bar. Seems like I've been playing more with the settings than the actual game.

Like a crazy person, I go straight into the graphics settings, turn everything up except for the MSAA which puts the card's VRAM in a head lock. Cranked the resolution up to 4K, unlocked the advanced settings... and winced as the game returned a filmic frame rate. complete with glitches in the menu. I benchmarked it just to be sure of what I was working with and it gave me a good ol' avg frame rate of 25. Which I'm actually surprised it did.

Now that I know the limits of the 2070, I played around with a handful of configs. I got 4K/60 turning down a LOT of stuff to low/medium. But that kind of defeats the purpose. Currently playing it on the lowest "favor quality" preset at 1440p (which is like 7 spots away from being the highest), I average about 56 fps doing that. I'm gonna stick with that and just play the game for a while.

This is a future-proofed PC release that'll see more potential as hardware gets better ala Crisis. Because right now, it's gonna make your setup sweat.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By BassMan

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Well, at first I thought I had the infamous black screen of death. Turns out, I had to turn on the HDR in Windows to get a picture after the loading bar. Seems like I've been playing more with the settings than the actual game.

Like a crazy person, I go straight into the graphics settings, turn everything up except for the MSAA which puts the card's VRAM in a head lock. Cranked the resolution up to 4K, unlocked the advanced settings... and winced as the game returned a filmic frame rate. complete with glitches in the menu. I benchmarked it just to be sure of what I was working with and it gave me a good ol' avg frame rate of 25. Which I'm actually surprised it did.

Now that I know the limits of the 2070, I played around with a handful of configs. I got 4K/60 turning down a LOT of stuff to low/medium. But that kind of defeats the purpose. Currently playing it on the lowest "favor quality" preset at 1440p (which is like 7 spots away from being the highest), I average about 56 fps doing that. I'm gonna stick with that and just play the game for a while.

This is a future-proofed PC release that'll see more potential as hardware gets better ala Crisis. Because right now, it's gonna make your setup sweat.

Loading Video...

hehe :)

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 BenjaminBanklin

@BassMan said:
Loading Video...

hehe :)

LOL. That takes me back. This is everybody's GPU running this game right now.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#128 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44800 Posts

Swapped from Vulkan to Dx12 and saw a huge boost in performance. At least from a subjective standpoint (don't have an FPS counter on). I think I might start turning the settings back up to ultra one by one.

@DragonfireXZ95: what setting/combination of "__AA" do you recommend at this point?

Running a 4th gen Intel i7, 16 GB memory, and Nvidia RTX 2080 if that means anything.

dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 dagubot
Member since 2017 • 1440 Posts

I was waiting on the Steam version regardless but I might hold off buying day 1 if some of these issues aren't fixed by then.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#130 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24358 Posts
@PernicioEnigma said:

It couldn't be more different to GTA.

Its slower, more measured, and features far more complex systems that you have to learn.

It requires a lot more patience too, which is why some said they played it for 10 hours and didn't have any fun!

Personally, I thought it was riveting because it felt so different to anything else.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#131 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24358 Posts
@PernicioEnigma said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@PernicioEnigma said:

I just wish it had more realistic gun play. I don't like that slow-mo crap, it just takes all the skill out of it in my opinion.

Have you tried the hunting yet? Its nothing short of realistic and requires a great amount of skill and precision when pulling off headshots to earn a perfect 3-star rating.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Ghosts4ever

Im now waiting for steam version. by that time it will be fixed.

its all rockstar launcher issue seem like.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@mrbojangles25 said:

Swapped from Vulkan to Dx12 and saw a huge boost in performance. At least from a subjective standpoint (don't have an FPS counter on). I think I might start turning the settings back up to ultra one by one.

@DragonfireXZ95: what setting/combination of "__AA" do you recommend at this point?

Running a 4th gen Intel i7, 16 GB memory, and Nvidia RTX 2080 if that means anything.

I'm not really sure what is the best, to be fair. If you want to make use of Nvidia Freestyle filters, I recommend FXAA on, TAA at medium, and setting details with sharpen to ~35% and clarity at 45%, but that's just me.

MSAA kills my FPS, so I can't use that, and TAA gets rid of a ton of the jagged edges that come with the foliage. But, TAA adds a ton of blur, so I would recommend sharpening a bit if you're going to use it.

I also added some depth of field and contrast with the filters, and here's a few shots I've taken. I can give you those settings if you want, I just think it gives the game a more epic look.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 R4gn4r0k

@dagubot: Yeah, you could say RDR 2 on PC was released a bit 'early' hehe

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By BassMan

@DragonfireXZ95: Nice shots. I think you are running an old version of Geforce Experience and Freestyle though. The latest version has a new and improved sharpen filter that is separate from the details filter.

@BenjaminBanklin: Here is another throwback for ya...

Loading Video...
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@DragonfireXZ95: Cool shots man.

I messed around with COD: MW settings too recently. The TAA was giving way too much blur and without it, the game would have these artifacting effects... :/

Didn't know that sharpening could help mitigate the blur effects from TAA. But then sharpening comes at a price too, right?

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3405 Posts

I think I got him.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#138 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 36038 Posts

Friend just sent this

Person

rockstar also isn't answering emails for refunds and they havent said shit besides update your graphics driver

Fucking £54.99 with an exclusive deal on top of that and they can't even operate their own launcher properly.

Clowns.

Gamerno6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#139 Gamerno6666
Member since 2013 • 6971 Posts

It has started.

Loading Video...

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 DragonfireXZ95
@BassMan said:

@DragonfireXZ95: Nice shots. I think you are running an old version of Geforce Experience and Freestyle though. The latest version has a new and improved sharpen filter that is separate from the details filter.

@BenjaminBanklin: Here is another throwback for ya...

Loading Video...

Oh yeah, I thought I tested them and they seemed the same in Control, but they do seem a bit different in this game.

I mixed them up now, taking the clarity from the details filter and sharpen from the regular filter. As you can see, it clears up a ton of blur.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 DragonfireXZ95
@R4gn4r0k said:

@DragonfireXZ95: Cool shots man.

I messed around with COD: MW settings too recently. The TAA was giving way too much blur and without it, the game would have these artifacting effects... :/

Didn't know that sharpening could help mitigate the blur effects from TAA. But then sharpening comes at a price too, right?

Nah, I haven't really seen any negative effects from sharpening. It supposedly might take away a frame or so, but it's barely an impact at all. You just can't oversharpen, then you'll get weird lines everywhere.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Juub1990  Online

@uninspiredcup: Yep the launch is a shitshow.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 DragonfireXZ95

I'm quite enjoying the game, but the bounty system is awful. You'll constantly get bounties for just defending yourself, even from bandits, so after the firefight is over, I always put my mask on when I loot. Kinda dumb in that sense, but otherwise, it's been a fun game. It did help that the bounty hunter I killed fell partially into the water, luring the alligator out so I could kill it. That was pretty funny.

Also, Ubisoft should take a lesson from Rockstar on how to do hunting in a game.

Gamerno6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#144 Gamerno6666
Member since 2013 • 6971 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95: You like the long ass animations when skinning animals? That was the worst part of the game for me. Hoping for a mod to get rid of this bs.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 DragonfireXZ95
@Gamerno6666 said:

@DragonfireXZ95: You like the long ass animations when skinning animals? That was the worst part of the game for me. Hoping for a mod to get rid of this bs.

The game takes a bit longer to do anything, but I've experienced much worse in games. Skinning is rare enough that it doesn't bother me.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 BenjaminBanklin

Okay, that intro was a bit of a slog even though the setup is good. This game's environments are gorgeous though, and this is without HDR turned on. I think I'm at a setting I'm satisfied with too. I can't do everything at Ultra and have a good frame rate at 1440, so everything at mostly High will do.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 R4gn4r0k

@BenjaminBanklin: Holy **** that looks good!

What is your framerate at high settings? And do you turn on some kind of AA?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By BenjaminBanklin

@R4gn4r0k said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Holy **** that looks good!

What is your framerate at high settings? And do you turn on some kind of AA?

These are my current settings. I can still tweak later to get a better frame rate, but I'm not sure just which ones to still have satisfactory visuals. So, screw it. I'm just playing the game for now. I average about 53-54 fps at the moment according to the benchmark.

My setup

• RTX 2070
  • Ryzen 5 2600x (clocked to 4.0GHz)
  • 16GB ram

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Juub1990  Online

@BenjaminBanklin: DF released a video a couple hours ago breaking down all the settings. You should check it out.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 39076 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: I have the exact same PC specs except my CPU is Ryzen 7 2700X. I must say, if that's how you are getting good framerates, then I'm good to go :)

Edit: @Juub1990 Oh so that's why I got an notification on their latest RDR2 vid, I'll go check it out.