Reasons Why Consolites Don't Care About PC Gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

I'd just prefer to play on a system built from the ground up for games and I love Sony exclusives.No PC exclusives interest me.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#352 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

When you buy so many games each gen and have a life with little time to spare all the little PC complications add up to a big hassle that the majority of gamers would rather not deal with. And that is just one of the many reasons PC gamers are in the minority.

Miketheman83

Then why the f*ck are you posting here?

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]When you buy so many games each gen and have a life with little time to spare all the little PC complications add up to a big hassle that the majority of gamers would rather not deal with. And that is just one of the many reasons PC gamers are in the minority.

N30F3N1X

cause he just loves to get owned

TROD_BING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 TROD_BING
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts

[QUOTE="TROD_BING"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]TC presented clear and valid points that has yet to be refuted (well). Do not mix his lack of understanding with your disillusionment Miketheman83

You're right. System requirements are just a hassle to read... When I have to read them, I just throw my arms up and say "What do I look like some kind of reading nerd?!". And don't even get me started on putting new hardware in my PC.... What do I look like some sort of mechanic?! Give me a magic machine that I can stick a disk in to run my games. Anything else just completely ruins my whole life.

I never said consolites couldn't manage dealing with requirements and upgrading hardware, I said we don't see the benefits wasting time on it when the time could be better spent elsewhere. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Just thinking about how many minutes I have wasted in my life time reading system requirements just makes me sick. I mean lets be honest... I have probably wasted over 5 whole minutes!

In all seriousness though, why do people think that PC gamers sit there and study system requirements? IF we even read them at all, it is usually just a quick glance. Also, upgrading to many PC gamers is something that is fun. The whole point of upgrading is that after you are done you get to "SEE THE BENEFITS", but if people who only play on consoles can't see the benefits of upgrading then I can understand why it is so confusing.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#355 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46278 Posts

Funny that you equate DLC to cosmetic changes.Miketheman83

I was just giving an example. Putting your logic into practice, noticed how flawed it sounds ?

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]When you buy so many games each gen and have a life with little time to spare all the little PC complications add up to a big hassle that the majority of gamers would rather not deal with. And that is just one of the many reasons PC gamers are in the minority.

N30F3N1X

I'm at work if you must know.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Alright, so we got:

1. I hate using my brain.

2. I'm clumsy and lack dexterity

3. I'm a mainstream media junkie, I probably watch American Idol and bad mainstream movies along with my mainstream games.

4. I'm poor.

5. I'm lazy on top of all that.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"]Is it really that hard to admit that you consider yourselves a master race and the rest of us inferior?lowe0

Why would he lie to you when he obviously doesn't believe that crap? :?

Are you saying you'd have easier time believing I'm an elitist trying to hide behind some mask of neutrality, than believing I don't consider myself superior to other people over a gaming platform, an entertainment device?

Honestly, what option above sounds more sensible to you, a delusion of Internet grandeur, or the simple enjoyment of a gaming platform that caters to your tastes?

Individually, some of you aren't bad, but categorically? Yes, I do sincerely believe that core PC gamers consider themselves superior to both console gamers and casual PC gamers (consider the way Angry Birds fans are looked upon).

Damn, that's really a sweeping generalization, but well, if your experience with PC community was really so terrible, guess no way to change that mindset...

Also, a fun fact for you:

I find games like Angry Birds, Plants vs. Zombies and Temple Run 1&2 rather fun when I'm very bored, or when I'm in some waiting room or such!

Let's see if someone here has a problem with that! :P

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#359 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] I never said consolites couldn't manage dealing with requirements and upgrading hardware, I said we don't see the benefits wading time on it when the time could be better spent elsewhere. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.Miketheman83

Because reading the system requirements take such a long time.

When you buy so many games each gen and have a life with little time to spare all the little PC complications add up to a big hassle that the majority of gamers would rather not deal with. And that is just one of the many reasons PC gamers are in the minority.

you might as well skip reading expiration dates on products. Reading those is such a waste of time BTW anyone with even the smallest understanding on pc hardware dont even need to read the requirements. As long as you have a semi-decent Cpu and a mid range GPU you throw any game at it it will run most likely in high settings and you adjust from there in case it wont run that well ( usually disable AA and lower 1-2 other settings and you are good )
Riadon2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 Riadon2
Member since 2011 • 1598 Posts

Alright, so we got:

3. I'm a mainstream media junkie, I probably watch American Idol and bad mainstream movies along with my mainstream games.

4. I'm poor.

DragonfireXZ95

This sounds about right.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

How come when console fanboys make threads its acceptable. But when PC gamers make threads (and there is far less PC threads in this forum, since its conception), we get called elitists, gfx-whores, and system-sellers? Whats ironic is there are more hadrware, gfx, and sales based threads from console gamers.

The threads are the same for every faction, please stop this double standard.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 N30F3N1X

I'm at work if you must know.Miketheman83

You created this thread 7 hours ago and have been posting constantly :lol:

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

I am back.

Was busy having sex with hermits' wives.

Just kidding.

They don't have one :P

TROD_BING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 TROD_BING
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]I'm at work if you must know.N30F3N1X

Well, he didn't say that he is doing any work. :lol:

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] I never said consolites couldn't manage dealing with requirements and upgrading hardware, I said we don't see the benefits wading time on it when the time could be better spent elsewhere. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.lostrib

Because reading the system requirements take such a long time.

people actually read those still? i havent worried about system reqs for years

Maybe that's because you spent sh1tloads of money to not have to worry about it.....durr...
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 Jankarcop

I am back.

Just kidding.

LazySloth718

Whats funny is this is practically the summation of anti-PC talking points.  There is never anything real, its almost always bait or trolling.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#367 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Why would he lie to you when he obviously doesn't believe that crap? :?

Are you saying you'd have easier time believing I'm an elitist trying to hide behind some mask of neutrality, than believing I don't consider myself superior to other people over a gaming platform, an entertainment device?

Honestly, what option above sounds more sensible to you, a delusion of Internet grandeur, or the simple enjoyment of a gaming platform that caters to your tastes?

Rocker6

Individually, some of you aren't bad, but categorically? Yes, I do sincerely believe that core PC gamers consider themselves superior to both console gamers and casual PC gamers (consider the way Angry Birds fans are looked upon).

Damn, that's really a sweeping generalization, but well, if your experience with PC community was really so terrible, guess no way to change that mindset...

Also, a fun fact for you:

I find games like Angry Birds, Plants vs. Zombies and Temple Run 1&2 rather fun when I'm very bored, or when I'm in some waiting room or such!

Let's see if someone here has a problem with that! :P

Not even gonna talk about how core ( as Lowe0 puts it ) 360,Ps3 gamers feel about the wii. Talk about superiority feeling Also Lowe if you think that we feel superior because we address miss-consumption's about pc gaming such as how complicated it is or that most of its games are RTS you are way wrong my friend way wrong. Oh and i also spend some of my time playing mobile games ( jetpack joyride and beach buggy blitz nowdays )
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Because reading the system requirements take such a long time.Miketheman83

Maybe that's because you spent sh1tloads of money to not have to worry about it.....durr...

And its wrong for me to spend my money?
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"]I'm at work if you must know.N30F3N1X

Three more hours to go...
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 clyde46

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

I am back.

Just kidding.

Jankarcop

Whats funny is this is practically the summation of anti-PC talking points.  There is never anything real, its almost always bait or trolling.

Everytime they say this, and everytime its false.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 LazySloth718

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

I am back.

Just kidding.

Jankarcop

But its true.

You aint getting any, cuz you are on WoW raiding, or pricing out a build on newegg.

While some dude with a 360 is boffing your girl in between CoD rounds.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

I am back.

Just kidding.

clyde46

Everytime they say this, and everytime its false.

Agreed. I'm going to have a wife this year im engaged soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#373 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

I haven't checked system reqs since the early aughts. If you don't want to play with mouse and keyboard then use a controller, wheel, HOTAS or whatever. If you want to sit in your couch and look at your TV then hook your PC up to your TV.

Price, accessibility and available games are factors though. You know, make your own choice. Who cares.

I play almost exclusively on PC these days since 99% of console games are multiplatform. Care more for games only available on PC for that matter. Chivalry, FTL, Antichamber, Kentucky Route Zero etc.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 Rocker6

Not even gonna talk about how core ( as Lowe0 puts it ) 360,Ps3 gamers feel about the wii. Talk about superiority feeling Also Lowe if you think that we feel superior because we address miss-consumption's about pc gaming such as how complicated it is or that most of its games are RTS you are way wrong my friend way wrong. Oh and i also spend some of my time playing mobile games ( jetpack joyride and beach buggy blitz nowdays ) adamosmaki

That's a good point, actually. Here on SW, the Wii is very much shuned by consolites. Many don't consider it a valid competitor only because it lacks "teh HD", their "next gen" feature I've been using for years before 360 and the PS3 hit the market...

In recent sales threads where the PS3 allegedly overtook the 360, saw plenty of cows saying how their PS3 is now in the first place because Wii is actually a 6th gen console, which obviously makes no sense, console generations aren't defined by hardware power...

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

clyde46

Nothing but if your argument is "you don't have to even worry about requirements if you spend a ton of money on a PC" then that's a flawed argument.

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Because reading the system requirements take such a long time.Miketheman83

Sorry but I have probably spent close to around $2000 the last 6 years or so and haven't had to check a system requirement once before purchasing a game.  If you consider that a sh1itload of money you really need to look at your employment opportunities.  I know people who have spent more on their golf clubs than I have playing on PC.  

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 Rocker6

I haven't checked system reqs since the early aughts. If you don't want to play with mouse and keyboard then use a controller, wheel, HOTAS or whatever. If you want to sit in your couch and look at your TV then hook your PC up to your TV. Price, accessibility and available games are factors though. You know, make your own choice. Who cares. I play almost exclusively on PC these days since 99% of console games are multiplatform. Care more for games only available on PC for that matter. Chivalry, FTL, Antichamber, Kentucky Route Zero etc.McStrongfast

You haven't mentioned Hotline Miami there. That's a big problem! :evil:

Also, how is Antichamber?

Not a big puzzle fan, but I enjoyed Portal a lot. Is it similiar to Portal?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 clyde46
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Maybe that's because you spent sh1tloads of money to not have to worry about it.....durr...

Nothing but if your argument is "you don't have to even worry about requirements if you spend a Tim of money on a PC then that's a flawed argument.

I dont worry about requirements because they don't matter to me. I run a game to the best of what my rig can do. If its running at 60FPS then its fine for me.
jimmyrussle117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 jimmyrussle117
Member since 2012 • 850 Posts

I think your forgetting how terribad console versions of multiplats are. Not to mention there is NO competitive community on consoles (atleast in comparison)

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 LazySloth718

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"]Not even gonna talk about how core ( as Lowe0 puts it ) 360,Ps3 gamers feel about the wii. Talk about superiority feeling Also Lowe if you think that we feel superior because we address miss-consumption's about pc gaming such as how complicated it is or that most of its games are RTS you are way wrong my friend way wrong. Oh and i also spend some of my time playing mobile games ( jetpack joyride and beach buggy blitz nowdays ) Rocker6

That's a good point, actually. Here on SW, the Wii is very much shuned by consolites. Many don't consider it a valid competitor only because it lacks "teh HD", their "next gen" feature I've been using for years before 360 and the PS3 hit the market...

In recent sales threads where the PS3 allegedly overtook the 360, saw plenty of cows saying how their PS3 is now in the first place because Wii is actually a 6th gen console, which obviously makes no sense, console generations aren't defined by hardware power...

Wii is universally shunned because it's a gimmick.

Stick waggling isn't gaming (unless you're playing Heavy Rain.)

Put it this way, motion control and tablets are the Facebook gaming of consoles.

And after I say this, watch the PS4 come out with some tablet schit to be "innovative."

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 Miketheman83

I think your forgetting how terribad console versions of multiplats are. Not to mention there is NO competitive community on consoles (atleast in comparison)

jimmyrussle117
What console games lack in graphics they make up for in gameplay and polish.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 clyde46

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"]Not even gonna talk about how core ( as Lowe0 puts it ) 360,Ps3 gamers feel about the wii. Talk about superiority feeling Also Lowe if you think that we feel superior because we address miss-consumption's about pc gaming such as how complicated it is or that most of its games are RTS you are way wrong my friend way wrong. Oh and i also spend some of my time playing mobile games ( jetpack joyride and beach buggy blitz nowdays ) LazySloth718

Put it this way, motion control and tablets are the Facebook gaming of consoles.

And after I say this, watch the PS4 come out with some tablet schit to be "innovative."

Just because you think its a gimmick doesn't exclude it from the 7th gen.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 clyde46
[QUOTE="jimmyrussle117"]

Miketheman83

Thats a lot of tosh.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 N30F3N1X

Three more hours to go...Miketheman83

Funny, could've sworn one of the points you were arguing was price ;)

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

clyde46

He's just butthurt the "gimmick" put the HD twins in 3rd and 4th place.  Which I can understand.  Must be frustrating to lose to a glorified gamecube!

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"][QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

valid points? really? 

TROD_BING

TC presented clear and valid points that has yet to be refuted (well). Do not mix his lack of understanding with your disillusionment

You're right. System requirements are just a hassle to read... When I have to read them, I just throw my arms up and say "What do I look like some kind of reading nerd?!". And don't even get me started on putting new hardware in my PC.... What do I look like some sort of mechanic?! Give me a magic machine that I can stick a disk in to run my games. Anything else just completely ruins my whole life.

In the day of modern technology and innovation, a seamless and smooth experience is integral to entertainment.

Gaming PCs are an inherently archaic concept today. Though I'm sure consoles are soon to follow

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 AcidThunder

[QUOTE="jimmyrussle117"]

Miketheman83

and here i was thinking that the multiplats had the same gameplay over all platforms

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 whiskeystrike

Alright, so we got:

4. I'm poor.

DragonfireXZ95
Ah the face of PC gamers. Can't refute facts so we must insult them!
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 N30F3N1X

Thats a lot of tosh.clyde46

StarCraft-2-character-Gabriel-Tosh-42-11

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="jimmyrussle117"]

AcidThunder

and here i was thinking that the multiplats had the same gameplay over all platforms

Depends on how bad of a job they do porting it over to the PC.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 Rocker6

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

clyde46

This!

No matter what anyone may feel about the Wii, it fits all the requirments of being a 7th gen gaming system, and fact of the matter is, it outsold its competitiors by a notable amount...

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 N30F3N1X

Ah the face of PC gamers. Can't find facts so we must insult them! whiskeystrike

fix'd

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 AcidThunder

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

Alright, so we got:

4. I'm poor.

whiskeystrike

still calling them facts are you? just take a look at the first 2-3 pages of the thread and all will be revealed

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 clyde46
[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] What console games lack in graphics they make up for in gameplay and polish.Miketheman83

FC3 on the 360 is no different polish or gameplay wise to the PC version. You are talking out of your butt.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

Alright, so we got:

4. I'm poor.

AcidThunder

still calling them facts are you? just take a look at the first 2-3 pages of the thread and all will be revealed

I did. I'm not seeing anything noteworthy.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 Miketheman83
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

clyde46

FC3 on the 360 is no different polish or gameplay wise to the PC version. You are talking out of your butt.

Just making the point that most multiplats are ports of console versions.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 whiskeystrike

System Wars is a one of a kind destination where gamers can discuss, rant, and debate about systems, platforms, handhelds and the games. Not many people survive System Wars. The mightiest system warriors back up their arguments with facts.

I wish I could give you guys the benefit of the doubt, I really do.

KingKinect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 KingKinect
Member since 2012 • 548 Posts

I tried to play PC games but when I was installing it asked me to push the any key to continue. I spent hours looking for the any key but finally gave up and went back to playing consoles. PC gaming is a waste of time.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 Rocker6

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] What console games lack in graphics they make up for in gameplay and polish.Miketheman83

Even a botched port like Dark Souls on the PC outmatches the console versions. Unlike the console versions, its capable of maintaining a stable 30 FPS (Blightown!), and it also came with additional content for free, as it was included in the game. Not to mention the modding capabilities which made a big difference!

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

Rocker6

This!

No matter what anyone may feel about the Wii, it fits all the requirments of being a 7th gen gaming system, and fact of the matter is, it outsold its competitiors by a notable amount...

Notable amount? The Wii made the HD twins its b1tch. The Wii completely demolished the competition, and kept on going.