Reasons Why Consolites Don't Care About PC Gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#301 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"] Mmm yet they sap every single developer's attention from PC gaming. PC is merely a placeholder for lowbudget devs and MMOs (which I fully expect to become prevalent next gen). Every relevant dev wants to be on console. They enjoy customers who pay for their products whiskeystrike

That's because consoles appeal to the lowest common denominator of prospective consumers looking to purchasing gaming equipment. hurr durr

No, they appeal to everyone.

And lol, only a PC gamer would call it "equipment"

Not really. The reasons why console sales are absurdly high is because they're cheap and don't require that much of a set up. The Wii for example appealed (And was designed to appeal) to casuals which are a part of the lowest common denominator. And then came xbox w/kinect, PS move, more casual games, etc. Being a PC gamer is irrelevant to the discussion a la ad hominem fallacy.
Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#302 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] No I'm saying PC gamers can stop trying to sell the PC's superiority to people who couldn't care less about it.Miketheman83
Then those people are on the wrong forum simple as.

Why are PC gamers so intent on pushing their platform that console gamers want nothing to do with on them? Doesn't make any sense to me. The 360/PS3 debate is actually a decent debate considering they are such similar platforms. PC gamers just have to face the facts that they will never be the majority.

You're right, the console fanboy peasants are the majority. The true wealthy PC gaming nobleman are smaller in number, but of the more elite.

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#303 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

[QUOTE="Plagueless"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Why are PC gamers so intent on pushing their platform that console gamers want nothing to do with on them? Doesn't make any sense to me. The 360/PS3 debate is actually a decent debate considering they are such similar platforms. PC gamers just have to face the facts that they will never be the majority.Primordialous

The best specimens in nature are never the majority, but this does not mean they are not the best. Submit to the master race. :P

I completely agree- and nice rig, fellow nobleman.

Thank you kind sir. I appreciate the complement. May I invite you to a party for tea and crumpets with the other lords? :P
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Oh no, I have evidence they make stupid statement... should I generalize the whole community like that.

The example you stated wasn't elistism, it was plain ignorance and stupid.

Bebi_vegeta

As frequently?

Lowe0 are you serious !?!?!?!? You can spot elitism but you can't spot ignorant/idiot statements ? Even though you seem to mix both ?

This is pretty much the same place we left off the last time we had this discussion. There's always some excuse for why elitism should supposedly be overlooked - "they're joking", "they're trolling", "they're an idiot", etc.. Is it really that hard to admit that you consider yourselves a master race and the rest of us inferior?
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] As frequently?lowe0

Lowe0 are you serious !?!?!?!? You can spot elitism but you can't spot ignorant/idiot statements ? Even though you seem to mix both ?

This is pretty much the same place we left off the last time we had this discussion. There's always some excuse for why elitism should supposedly be overlooked - "they're joking", "they're trolling", "they're an idiot", etc.. Is it really that hard to admit that you consider yourselves a master race and the rest of us inferior?

Is it that hard to realize it's a joke

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Primordialous

lostrib

I think it is.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 lowe0

lostrib

Is it? I doubt that.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#308 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
this thread has really carried on way to long...
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] This is pretty much the same place we left off the last time we had this discussion. There's always some excuse for why elitism should supposedly be overlooked - "they're joking", "they're trolling", "they're an idiot", etc.. Is it really that hard to admit that you consider yourselves a master race and the rest of us inferior?lowe0

Is it? I doubt that.

Then you're just being purposefully dense

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 AcidThunder
Member since 2010 • 2332 Posts

this thread has really carried on way to long...k2theswiss

what can we do the TC and a few others just keeps coming back for more 

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="whiskeystrike"] Then those people are on the wrong forum simple as.Primordialous

Why are PC gamers so intent on pushing their platform that console gamers want nothing to do with on them? Doesn't make any sense to me. The 360/PS3 debate is actually a decent debate considering they are such similar platforms. PC gamers just have to face the facts that they will never be the majority.

You're right, the console fanboy peasants are the majority. The true wealthy PC gaming nobleman are smaller in number, but of the more elite.

If you guys are so happy being the minority why do constantly try and convert people? People come on forums to make their voice heard and change other people's opinions, correct? So who are you trying to convince and why?
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 lostrib

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Why are PC gamers so intent on pushing their platform that console gamers want nothing to do with on them? Doesn't make any sense to me. The 360/PS3 debate is actually a decent debate considering they are such similar platforms. PC gamers just have to face the facts that they will never be the majority.Miketheman83

If you guys are so happy being the minority why do constantly try and convert people? People come on forums to make their voice heard and change other people's opinions, correct? So who are you trying to convince and why?

They really don't try to recruit. they mostly just refute ignorant claims about console superiority

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313 Primordialous

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] Why are PC gamers so intent on pushing their platform that console gamers want nothing to do with on them? Doesn't make any sense to me. The 360/PS3 debate is actually a decent debate considering they are such similar platforms. PC gamers just have to face the facts that they will never be the majority.Miketheman83

No, PC gamers only butt in because of the sheer stupidity of console fanboys in threads like this.

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314 AcidThunder

[QUOTE="Primordialous"]

no one is trying to convert anybody here what the hell does it matter to us what system you play on

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts
[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"] That's because consoles appeal to the lowest common denominator of prospective consumers looking to purchasing gaming equipment. hurr durrDroidPhysX

No, they appeal to everyone.

And lol, only a PC gamer would call it "equipment"

Not really. The reasons why console sales are absurdly high is because they're cheap and don't require that much of a set up. The Wii for example appealed (And was designed to appeal) to casuals which are a part of the lowest common denominator. And then came xbox w/kinect, PS move, more casual games, etc. Being a PC gamer is irrelevant to the discussion a la ad hominem fallacy.

Oh I suppose the large casual fanbase on PC doesn't matter then? It's only prevalent to discuss concerning consoles? For a per dollar value, console gaming is far superior. Core PC gaming is enthusiast level, a lot of people justify it but deep down you know it's a bit of a ripoff. Thank you at least for responding, all the others seem to have given up already.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 whiskeystrike
this thread has really carried on way to long...k2theswiss
Well I just arrived my good man! This thread is just getting started!
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

Fantastic thread. Every single point is irrefutable

Primordialous

lol :D

You again. How's it going, cow?

Cow? I don't even own a PS3 :|
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

Real reason.

It's expensive and a big time investment. Also less social, but hey, pc gamers don't have freinds.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 whiskeystrike

Real reason.

It's expensive and a big time investment. Also less social, but hey, pc gamers don't have freinds.

MakeMeaSammitch
They do have each other on this forum though. I'm glad such introverts have found a way to break their shells but I would prefer they contribute to society rather than save their welfare checks for the next upgrade :S
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Miketheman83

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="Primordialous"]

AcidThunder

no one is trying to convert anybody here what the hell does it matter to us what system you play on

You dodged my question. If you aren't trying to convert people or claim superiority, why are you here?
AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 AcidThunder

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] If you guys are so happy being the minority why do constantly try and convert people? People come on forums to make their voice heard and change other people's opinions, correct? So who are you trying to convince and why?Miketheman83

You dodged my question. If you aren't trying to convert people or claim superiority, why are you here?

to enlighten some utterly misinformed people "cough" TC "cough"

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 lostrib

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] If you guys are so happy being the minority why do constantly try and convert people? People come on forums to make their voice heard and change other people's opinions, correct? So who are you trying to convince and why?Miketheman83

It's system wars?

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

AcidThunder

TC presented clear and valid points that has yet to be refuted (well). Do not mix his lack of understanding with your disillusionment
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 Miketheman83

AcidThunder

Is that what you have been doing? I didn't notice.
AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 AcidThunder

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] You dodged my question. If you aren't trying to convert people or claim superiority, why are you here?whiskeystrike

TC presented clear and valid points that has yet to be refuted (well). Do not mix his lack of understanding with your disillusionment

valid points? really? 

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 whiskeystrike

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"][QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

AcidThunder

valid points? really? 

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 AcidThunder

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"] TC presented clear and valid points that has yet to be refuted (well). Do not mix his lack of understanding with your disillusionment whiskeystrike

valid points? really? 

valid points? really? 

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts
[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

Same reason you are, you complete and utter tool.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 whiskeystrike

mmmhmm

5 is somewhat disputable but that is all I'm willing to concede

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#330 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

scarjo_popcorn.gif.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"] TC presented clear and valid points that has yet to be refuted (well). Do not mix his lack of understanding with your disillusionment Miketheman83

valid points? really? 

Have you lost the plot?
TROD_BING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 TROD_BING
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"] TC presented clear and valid points that has yet to be refuted (well). Do not mix his lack of understanding with your disillusionment whiskeystrike

valid points? really? 

You're right. System requirements are just a hassle to read... When I have to read them, I just throw my arms up and say "What do I look like some kind of reading nerd?!". And don't even get me started on putting new hardware in my PC.... What do I look like some sort of mechanic?! Give me a magic machine that I can stick a disk in to run my games. Anything else just completely ruins my whole life.

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 AcidThunder

scarjo_popcorn.gif.

wis3boi

you came late

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#334 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

valid points? really? 

TROD_BING

You're right. System requirements are just a hassle to read... When I have to read them, I just throw my arms up and say "What do I look like some kind of reading nerd?!". And don't even get me started on putting new hardware in my PC.... What do I look like some sort of mechanic?! Give me a magic machine that I can stick a disk in to run my games. Anything else just completely ruins my whole life.

Sometimes I just eat raw Ramen noodles, because a microwave is too confusing.  I do not possess an engineering degree nor am I mechanically inclined.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

can we just change the name from "system wars" to "boredom wars" ?

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 Miketheman83

valid points? really? 

TROD_BING

I never said consolites couldn't manage dealing with requirements and upgrading hardware, I said we don't see the benefits wasting time on it when the time could be better spent elsewhere. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Is it really that hard to admit that you consider yourselves a master race and the rest of us inferior?lowe0

Why would he lie to you when he obviously doesn't believe that crap? :?

Are you saying you'd have easier time believing I'm an elitist trying to hide behind some mask of neutrality, than believing I don't consider myself superior to other people over a gaming platform, an entertainment device?

Honestly, what option above sounds more sensible to you, a delusion of Internet grandeur, or the simple enjoyment of a gaming platform that caters to your tastes?

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

mmmhmm

5 is somewhat disputable but that is all I'm willing to concede

whiskeystrike

There is also

1) which is not as big of a problem the TC is making it out to be, and is making it way on to consoles. (Some PS3 and 360 games need to install so you need to know how much space you have left).

2) Pretty much opinion, and the PC can also use a 360 wireless or wired controller as well as a ton of other types.

3) Big budget=/= polished.

4) Not true, and getting a HD TV to play on consoles can be pricey too.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 Rocker6

valid points? really? 

clyde46

Have you lost the plot?

It's a bet, more likely... or someone's just bored out of their mind...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 clyde46
[QUOTE="TROD_BING"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]TC presented clear and valid points that has yet to be refuted (well). Do not mix his lack of understanding with your disillusionment Miketheman83

I never said consolites couldn't manage dealing with requirements and upgrading hardware, I said we don't see the benefits wading time on it when the time could be better spent elsewhere. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Because reading the system requirements take such a long time.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="TROD_BING"]

clyde46

I never said consolites couldn't manage dealing with requirements and upgrading hardware, I said we don't see the benefits wading time on it when the time could be better spent elsewhere. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Never read any myself... waste of time, my PC would always run whatever I threw at it, at least on medium settings.

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 AcidThunder

[QUOTE="TROD_BING"]

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]TC presented clear and valid points that has yet to be refuted (well). Do not mix his lack of understanding with your disillusionment Miketheman83

I never said consolites couldn't manage dealing with requirements and upgrading hardware, I said we don't see the benefits wasting time on it when the time could be better spent elsewhere. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

i don't even read requirements and i have got a very low end computer

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#343 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

[QUOTE="_TheJoker_"]

Joke post obviously, point number 3 is the best by far, I loled.

Miketheman83

No PC games on the list, pal. Except APB.

http://digitalbattle.com/2010/02/20/top-10-most-expensive-video-game-budgets-ever/

This list is outdated. The biggest budget game ever is Star Wars: The Old Republic a PC exlcusive. Also, there are multiple PC games on that list.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Miketheman83

clyde46

When you buy so many games each gen and have a life with little time to spare all the little PC complications add up to a big hassle that the majority of gamers would rather not deal with. And that is just one of the many reasons PC gamers are in the minority.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 lowe0

[QUOTE="lowe0"]Is it really that hard to admit that you consider yourselves a master race and the rest of us inferior?Rocker6

Are you saying you'd have easier time believing I'm an elitist trying to hide behind some mask of neutrality, than believing I don't consider myself superior to other people over a gaming platform, an entertainment device?

Honestly, what option above sounds more sensible to you, a delusion of Internet grandeur, or the simple enjoyment of a gaming platform that caters to your tastes?

Individually, some of you aren't bad, but categorically? Yes, I do sincerely believe that core PC gamers consider themselves superior to both console gamers and casual PC gamers (consider the way Angry Birds fans are looked upon).
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 lostrib

clyde46

people actually read those still? i havent worried about system reqs for years

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 clyde46
[QUOTE="Miketheman83"][QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] I never said consolites couldn't manage dealing with requirements and upgrading hardware, I said we don't see the benefits wading time on it when the time could be better spent elsewhere. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

When you buy so many games each gen and have a life with little time to spare all the kettle PC complications add up to a big hassle that the majority of gamers would rather not deal with. And that is just one of the many reasons PC gamers are in the minority.

Strawman at best there buddy. I have a life and I can play on the PC.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 lostrib

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] I never said consolites couldn't manage dealing with requirements and upgrading hardware, I said we don't see the benefits wading time on it when the time could be better spent elsewhere. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.Miketheman83

When you buy so many games each gen and have a life with little time to spare all the kettle PC complications add up to a big hassle that the majority of gamers would rather not deal with. And that is just one of the many reasons PC gamers are in the minority.

Except consoles have started having their own "complications" like mandatory installs and updates

AcidThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 AcidThunder

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Miketheman83"] I never said consolites couldn't manage dealing with requirements and upgrading hardware, I said we don't see the benefits wading time on it when the time could be better spent elsewhere. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.Miketheman83

funny cause the PC doesn't add any complications to my life 

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 clyde46
[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"]Is it really that hard to admit that you consider yourselves a master race and the rest of us inferior?lowe0

Individually, some of you aren't bad, but categorically? Yes, I do sincerely believe that core PC gamers consider themselves superior to both console gamers and casual PC gamers (consider the way Angry Birds fans are looked upon).

Its no difference from the console fanboys who use the old and tired "PC gamers are virgins" nonsense.