RE7: Possibly not coming to XBone

  • 90 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for AmazonTreeBoa
#51 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

It probably shouldn't come at all, for any system.

Avatar image for xhawk27
#52 Edited by xhawk27 (10058 posts) -

There will be an outcry if this doesn't go to the Xbox too. Right Joe!

Avatar image for hehe101
#53 Edited by hehe101 (730 posts) -

You are all hating on resident evil yet it still manages to sell over 5 million, people like the series, including me. It's not very fair to say they should end it. I can think of many other games that should be ended first.

Avatar image for Pffrbt
#54 Posted by Pffrbt (6612 posts) -

@AcidTango said:

I wonder if 7 will be like the original games before 4.

I hope not. The pre-RE4 games are terrible.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#55 Posted by lamprey263 (34496 posts) -

I have a feeling it will, they wouldn't announce it in Japan as X1 platform isn't of any importance to them there. Heck, the X1 hasn't even released there yet, not until next month and I highly doubt it'll make any impact, not unless people are dying to play that Psycho Pass game.

Anyhow, I see a lot of people still carry a grudge from RE6. People need to realize the Capcom that used to be there hasn't been the same since sometime between closing Clover Studios and and Seeds Inc / Platinum Games opening. I mean, they really went remake and porting overboard when that happened, as they didn't have the necessary talent to keep new IPs coming out. Probably one of the worst and least talked about things that has happened at Capcom and nobody in the gaming press tried getting any kind of scoop on exactly what happened. I suspect on the way out that the leaving leadership happened to headhunt his pick of the talent and likely nabbed their most talent programmers and game designers of varying tasks. What I think this resulted in on Capcom's side is an inability to polish their games and give them the necessary quality control they needed, because that seemed to be the symptom of games from that point on, they were decent in their design but very rough around the edges.

But, fans too need to confront other realities for the series, such as these games are no longer just solo single player campaigns for hardcore survival horror gamers, that they've been made more accessible in gameplay to a wider audience. The modernization of combat and camera control mechanics is going to be met with increased action, which means more bad guys, which means more ammo. I'll take intense playable action over cinematic tension building pacing that's only effective the first playthrough. The lack of severe ammo scarcity is something that really seems to bug survival horror purists, so then the question needs to be addressed regarding online co-op. Making the campaigns episodic with chapters and allowing for dropping in and out means that the ammo supply has to accommodate users who come in with varying loadouts., as to supply ammo to multiple users, some of which may need ammo more than others. So,is it better for Capcom to abandon multiplayer co-op in in order to make a more effective and memorable game, or should they keep co-op? It wasn't a horrible game, but it is deserving of much criticism, unfortunately it seems the criticism it does get is just the bullshit people who haven't played it say; "make it like they used to... dur, QTEs".

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#56 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

They should change Genres again.... Adventure Horror.

Its been explored before but not consiously.

And obviously they should keep the co-op... Just for me ! :)

Avatar image for AcidTango
#57 Posted by AcidTango (1337 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

@AcidTango said:

I wonder if 7 will be like the original games before 4.

I hope not. The pre-RE4 games are terrible.

Actually RE4 was my favorite game in the series. Didn't like RE5 and even though I didn't play RE6, that game doesn't look any better ether.

Avatar image for CTR360
#58 Posted by CTR360 (8449 posts) -

its coming for both systems capcom its not stupid money its money i hope RE7 its new game overall if have same shit story and gameplay i dont buy it

Avatar image for Pffrbt
#59 Posted by Pffrbt (6612 posts) -

@AcidTango said:

Actually RE4 was my favorite game in the series. Didn't like RE5 and even though I didn't play RE6, that game doesn't look any better ether.

It should go without saying that RE4 is the best game in the series.

Avatar image for Pffrbt
#60 Posted by Pffrbt (6612 posts) -

@CTR360 said:

capcom its not stupid

Capcom is pretty damn stupid.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#61 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@CTR360

They've always had a "Sh!t" Story and The Gameplay has been improving in each entry go fowards.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#62 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

And most importantly, President Evil 4 is not the best game in the series. Almost everything in the 4th game is simply done Better in President Evil 5.

Avatar image for Pffrbt
#63 Posted by Pffrbt (6612 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

And most importantly, President Evil 4 is not the best game in the series. Almost everything in the 4th game is simply done Better in President Evil 5.

That pun you keep making is almost as intolerably stupid as your posts.

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#64 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

Cows praying they get a third party exclusive. The shockwave Tomb Riader has left is priceless.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#65 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@Pffrbt

You wish you could make me stop... Don't you ? :p

Don't let my oppinion or my puns get under your skin, they are not going away anytime soon so just do the smart thing...

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#66 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows praying they get a third party exclusive. The shockwave Tomb Riader has left is priceless.

What shockwave? You mean the shockwave that rebounded on you? It's all about PT, baybee!

Avatar image for Gamerno6666
#67 Posted by Gamerno6666 (5088 posts) -

@Liquid_ said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

I hope this one doesn't turn out to be like re6. Also I am having a series fatigue. Capcom should end the series already.

no one cares

Yeah screw you buddy.

Avatar image for Ratchet_Fan8
#69 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5557 posts) -

WHO IS making the game? Crapcom? Its confirmed multiplatform with DayOne DLC,Cut-Content DLC, On-DIsk DLC , Pre Order DLC,collectors edition DLC like all their other games.

crapcom long gave up their upping for higher quality and innovation.Now its just about $$$ ,moreso than other companies

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#70 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@Ratchet_Fan8

Just wait for The Gold Edition with all the DLC.

Avatar image for clone01
#71 Posted by clone01 (27038 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows praying they get a third party exclusive. The shockwave Tomb Riader has left is priceless.

What shockwave? You mean the shockwave that rebounded on you? It's all about PT, baybee!

Ughhh. You morons. Why don't you just kiss already?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#72 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Anyone remember when lemmings thought Re7 might be exclusive?

Anyway, I think it's time for a reboot. If Silent hill can do it there's really no excuse on capcom's end aside from milking series favorites.

Avatar image for Big_Pecks
#73 Posted by Big_Pecks (5972 posts) -

I guess it wouldn't hurt for the Xbone to get actual games, but RE7 isn't a loss.

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#74 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows praying they get a third party exclusive. The shockwave Tomb Riader has left is priceless.

What shockwave? You mean the shockwave that rebounded on you? It's all about PT, baybee!

Ughhh. You morons. Why don't you just kiss already?

Would that turn you on?

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#75 Posted by Shewgenja (19104 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows praying they get a third party exclusive. The shockwave Tomb Riader has left is priceless.

Truth be told, the instant fallout from Tomb Raider fans on every other platform and the subsequent shaking out that it's actually just a timed exclusive after all the maneuvering had the best effect of all. It underlined Microsofts weakness in the industry and underlined the fact they are happy to go on record lying to their fans.

It has then elicited articles by reputable industry sites asking about the viability of the current XBox business model. No. Yet another timed exclusive announcement being passed off as something it isn't is categorically Microsofts most tired magic trick. It's come to the point of back firing.

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#76 Posted by StormyJoe (7559 posts) -

@Shewgenja: Ya know, you just could have searched the 'Net for 10 seconds before you made that fallacious headline..

RESIDENT EVIL 1 GETTING REMASTERED FOR PS4, XBOX ONE, PS3, XBOX 360 AND PC

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#77 Edited by Shewgenja (19104 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja: Ya know, you just could have searched the 'Net for 10 seconds before you made that fallacious headline..

RESIDENT EVIL 1 GETTING REMASTERED FOR PS4, XBOX ONE, PS3, XBOX 360 AND PC

Too bad the article never once states it is a remaster. It goes into some detail regarding the nature of the new game in fact. Damage control: denied.

It even says, in the title of the article:

Claire Redfield As Protagonist

Loading Video...

Avatar image for ni6htmare01
#78 Posted by ni6htmare01 (2578 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows praying they get a third party exclusive. The shockwave Tomb Riader has left is priceless.

What shockwave? You mean the shockwave that rebounded on you? It's all about PT, baybee!

Also Bloodborn that looks awesome!

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#79 Posted by StormyJoe (7559 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja: Ya know, you just could have searched the 'Net for 10 seconds before you made that fallacious headline..

RESIDENT EVIL 1 GETTING REMASTERED FOR PS4, XBOX ONE, PS3, XBOX 360 AND PC

Too bad the article never once states it is a remaster. It goes into some detail regarding the nature of the new game in fact. Damage control: denied.

It even says, in the title of the article:

Claire Redfield As Protagonist

Loading Video...

You people do this crap all the time. There is absolutely ZERO indication that this game is not coming to the XB1. All the articles say "it's normal for them not to mention XBox in Japan." No other rumors - nothing.

And you all wonder why so many people in here are turning on cows.

Avatar image for enzyme36
#80 Posted by enzyme36 (3078 posts) -

In the meantime.... you should check out this mod for RE4.... I have the initial release installed and it really makes the game pop:

RE4HD

Avatar image for b4x
#81 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

The POSSIBLE Sony propaganda thread still thriving?

Nice

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#82 Posted by Shewgenja (19104 posts) -

@b4x said:

The POSSIBLE Sony propaganda thread still thriving?

Nice

This thread should be treated differently than the threads claiming RE7 was an XBox exclusive, why?

You guys are quick to throw bitch-fits when the wind blows the other way but where was this sanctimony over the rumors pro-XBone? Yeah.. About that.

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#83 Posted by Shewgenja (19104 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

You people do this crap all the time. There is absolutely ZERO indication that this game is not coming to the XB1. All the articles say "it's normal for them not to mention XBox in Japan." No other rumors - nothing.

And you all wonder why so many people in here are turning on cows.

The planet earth turned on XBone and XBox fanboys. See also my previous reply for explanation.

Avatar image for trollop_scat
#84 Posted by trollop_scat (2656 posts) -

RE needs to ditch is comical characters and start with fresh ones who are regular people in a city going to Hell, kinda like RE2. The good guys and bad guys the series keeps following are preposterously stupid now and so is the non-stop action.

I hope Capcom takes notes from Silent Hills and The Evil Within and applies them to RE7 so I can get back into the series, it' become a bad joke...

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#85 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@trollop_scat

Don't forget the Co-Op !

Avatar image for trollop_scat
#86 Posted by trollop_scat (2656 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu: You obviously just want men to play with you, kiddo...

Avatar image for jg4xchamp
#87 Posted by jg4xchamp (61462 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Almost everything in the 4th game is simply done Better in President Evil 5.

Pacing, the variety, the bosses, the actual encounter design, any form of tension through build up, atmosphere of any kind, Leon Kennedy not being the cancer that is Chris Redfield.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#88 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@trollop_scat

And women too.... :p

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
#89 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

@jg4xchamp

Pacing: Identical.

Variety: 5 has more enemy types.

Enounter Design: See enemy and shoot its face off = Both Games.

Tension Build Up: It was there you just didn't feel it, I know I didn't feel whatever tension or build up that was suppose to be happening in 4.

Amosphere: Pretty much a subjective matter and I'l simply give you the same answer as the Tesnsion Build Up one.

Leon is definately the better character hands down, no contest there. Too bad all that hardwork was undone by Ashley Graham. I'l take any Gears Character over that annoying lil parasite.

Surprize Surprize.... Somebody forgot to mention gameplay and controls, hmmmm... I wonder why :p

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#90 Posted by StormyJoe (7559 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

You people do this crap all the time. There is absolutely ZERO indication that this game is not coming to the XB1. All the articles say "it's normal for them not to mention XBox in Japan." No other rumors - nothing.

And you all wonder why so many people in here are turning on cows.

The planet earth turned on XBone and XBox fanboys. See also my previous reply for explanation.

Maybe you have so many replies like this because YOUare the one starting the rumor (or at least trying to); whereas the "RE7 is XBox Exclusive" rumors were from gaming sites...

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#91 Posted by Shewgenja (19104 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Maybe you have so many replies like this because YOUare the one starting the rumor (or at least trying to); whereas the "RE7 is XBox Exclusive" rumors were from gaming sites...

That's not an honest assessment of my character at all. Thread title says possibly and I explain everything in the OP and even put in the full quote so the member can decide for themself.

You, on the other hand, are painting me as something I am not because out of sheer desperation to not want to believe anything even remotely possibly bad for the XBone you are willing to compromise integrity and are externalizing.

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#92 Edited by Shewgenja (19104 posts) -

And I would like to add, that the evening of me posting this, a Lem posted a thread regarding the game going exclusively to XBone with NO SOURCE. Thus illiciting this debunk thread. You're not fooling a soul by trying to turn the tables on me. We all know the score.

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#93 Posted by StormyJoe (7559 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

Maybe you have so many replies like this because YOUare the one starting the rumor (or at least trying to); whereas the "RE7 is XBox Exclusive" rumors were from gaming sites...

That's not an honest assessment of my character at all. Thread title says possibly and I explain everything in the OP and even put in the full quote so the member can decide for themself.

You, on the other hand, are painting me as something I am not because out of sheer desperation to not want to believe anything even remotely possibly bad for the XBone you are willing to compromise integrity and are externalizing.

You have absolutely no evidence that it is not coming to XB1 - other than it not being mentioned on a Japanese press release. The link you provided even gives an explanation as to why. There are no sites reporting that the game is not coming to XB1. None. Nada. Nyet. There is just you posting FUD on a gaming site.

I call it like I see it.

Avatar image for b4x
#94 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@b4x said:

The POSSIBLE Sony propaganda thread still thriving?

Nice

This thread should be treated differently than the threads claiming RE7 was an XBox exclusive, why?

You guys are quick to throw bitch-fits when the wind blows the other way but where was this sanctimony over the rumors pro-XBone? Yeah.. About that.

The thread was locked 10 posts in.

Carry on.