Rcokstar Releasing New Version of LA Noire on November 14th (Switch Version Confirmed!!!)

• 91 results
sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep. 7, 2017-- Rockstar GamesĀ®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO), is proud to announce new versions of the blockbuster detective thriller, L.A. Noire, are scheduled to release on November 14, 2017 for the Nintendo Switchā„¢ system, PlayStationĀ®4 computer entertainment systems and for Xbox One games and entertainment systems.

This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170907005098/en/

Alongside these three new console versions comes LA Noire: The VR Case Files,featuring seven select cases from the original game rebuilt specifically for a virtual reality experience on the HTC VIVEā„¢ system.

L.A. Noire takes place in the seedy and violent underbelly of 1940ā€™s Los Angeles as decorated veteran and newly minted detective, Cole Phelps investigates an escalating series of cases inspired by real-world crimes. Each successfully solved case brings Phelps greater success, but also brings him closer to the dark criminal heart of post-war L.A. The game was an Official Selection of the Tribeca Film Festival for its cinematic approach to gameplay and narrative.

Utilizing a unique type of facial capture technology called MotionScan, L.A. Noirebreathes unprecedented life into character performances, creating brand new gameplay out of the art of interrogation.

ā€œWeā€™re excited to bring L.A. Noireā€™sunique mix of real detective work, classic Hollywood atmosphere and thrilling action to these new platforms,ā€ said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. ā€œNow with a choice of spectacular virtual reality, stunning 4K, or the freedom of portable play, these enhanced versions are a perfect opportunity for players to experience this richly detailed world in a whole new way."

L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files for HTC Vive delivers seven of the original engrossing, self-contained cases from LA Noire rebuilt specifically for virtual reality, blending breathtaking action with true detective work to deliver an unprecedented interactive experience.

L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch features the complete original game and all additional downloadable content, with specific enhancements including a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic, gesture-based controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles, plus contextual touch screen controls for portable detective work.

L.A. Noire for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One delivers the complete original game and all additional downloadable content with a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, including enhanced lighting and clouds, new cinematic camera angles, high resolution textures and more. L.A. Noire plays natively in 1080p for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, and stunning 4K for PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X, capturing the grit and grime of the City of Angels like never before.

Link

Switch gets the gimped version technically, but enhancements featuring Joycon Controls and HD Rumble

4K for Pro and X

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Awesome definitely getting this

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

thats the worst rockstar game (if it counts). its even more boring than GTA. except its not even a game at all.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41524 Posts

And Rockstar is back on Nintendo systems with no GTA, as usual.

Seriously, GameCube got a Smuggler's Run, Wii got Manhunt 2 and Table Tennis, and now Switch gets L.A Noire. GTA being nowhere in sight besides mostly crappy handheld games GTA GBC, GTA Advance, Chinatown Wars.

Leaving the clones (most notably if they're licensed properties featuring LEGO and The Simpsons) to do it's job for them.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Why not just release GTA V on Switch? I don't think anyone really asked for this...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34551 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Seriously, GameCube got a Smuggler's Run, Wii got Manhunt 2 and Table Tennis, and now Switch gets L.A Noire. GTA being nowhere in sight besides mostly crappy handheld games GTA GBC, GTA Advance, Chinatown Wars.

Chinatown Wars- "crappy"? It's better than GTA 4 and 5 combined.

I'd take a sequel to Chinatown Wars over a 3D GTA any day.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58822 Posts

I guess it's good if you don't own a PC?

But PC is great, not owning one is wrong.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@Sgt_Crow said:

Why not just release GTA V on Switch? I don't think anyone really asked for this...

Because R*

-__-

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Well, Chinatown wars was just a great game, so I don't get what you are complaining about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#10  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Never played it on Xbox 360, I'll get it on Switch.

@nintendoboy16 said:

mostly crappy handheld games Chinatown Wars.

Chinatown Wars is literally the best modern GTA game.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22615 Posts

My biggest gripe with LA noire is the empty city, with nothing burger activities and how it really doesn't matter how you interrogate. The game just keeps rolling along.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

In Rockstars defense on Nintendo's case, (but Rockstar is still on my shit list for what they done as of now with the GTA series) I can understand why Rockstar isn't too thrill with Nintendo releasing any GTA console version games, Nintendo needs to earn there trust first which I have no issue with it. I will say Chinatown Wars was only bad on the DS due to the controls but however, the game was way more fun on the PSP version which saw redeeming quality for me however.

Rockstar is being generous giving L.A. Noire to Switch is a welcome gift and unexpected one at that. I guess Rockstar is testing the waters out of the Switch version and see how it does well and I hope it sells well for them to release Red Dead Redemption 2 for a possible Switch version and as a Switch owner, I take RDR2 over GTA series (even V) any day.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

I assume that the Switch version is a test and that GTAV will be ported if it sells decently. R* loves milking that cow, and it should be an easy port.

RDR2 isn't happening though. It's too much for the system. Maybe the first game.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nintendoboy16

@Litchie: @charizard1605: @PurpleMan5000: You guys are aware that Chinatown Wars was better received on platforms that are NOT the DS, right? Just thought I'd point that out.

@davillain-: I think that can mainly just be said for Rockstar North though. Because when they were DMADesign, Nintendo burned them by refusing to publish Body Harvest, leaving Midway to finish the job. Every other part of Rockstar is willing to leave something on their system. And being that GTA is their biggest money maker, it's still saying something when they still won't give that.

CoD tried on Nintendo consoles. Assassin's Creed tried on Nintendo consoles. Tomb Raider even tried. Even third party games that started on Nintendo consoles like Mega Man and Final Fantasy and were never seen there again tried. GTA, by comparison, NEVER tried and frankly, even by some magical fate LA Noire does sell well on Switch, it will stay that way.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#15 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2945 Posts

But guise it's a triple A multiplat!!! SHAME NINTENDO SWITCH! SHAME!!!

In all honesty it's a great game that would be a fine addition to any console's library.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

@charizard1605: It would've been if it was at least decent in lenght. The game is just way too short, which is a shame since it is a really good game.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nintendoboy16

@techhog89 said:

I assume that the Switch version is a test and that GTAV will be ported if it sells decently. R* loves milking that cow, and it should be an easy port.

RDR2 isn't happening though. It's too much for the system. Maybe the first game.

Don't count on it. It's still safe to assume Rockstar North has some grudge against Nintendo. And don't give me the "nobody holds grudges in business" BS, because the Night Trap devs did EXACTLY that.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

OMG

First a Bethesda game and now Rockstar game on the Switch. Hell to the yeah!

I'm picking both up on principle alone.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nintendoboy16

@Bread_or_Decide said:

OMG

First a Bethesda game and now Rockstar game on a Nintendo console. Hell to the yeah!

Only difference is, Bethesda's actually trying with their biggest IP.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34551 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Sure. But that doesn't take away the fact that it's great on DS too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nintendoboy16: 'You guys are aware that Chinatown Wars was better received on platforms that are NOT the DS, right? Just thought I'd point that out.'

... okay?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

OMG

First a Bethesda game and now Rockstar game on a Nintendo console. Hell to the yeah!

Only difference is, Bethesda's actually trying with their biggest IP.

True. But I'll take this until they drop GTAV on the switch.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

*Adds to "BUY" list*

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44532 Posts

Despite issues I had with it the first time it came out, I'd still get this again. Good to see Rockstar supporting more current gen remasters. Maybe we'll see Max Payne 3 too **fingers crossed**.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#26 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Rockstar supporting a Nintendo console... The end is near!

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Why does this surprise game have a release date but games like Skyrim, Rocket League, and Yooka Laylee still have no release date? lol

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Litchie: @charizard1605: @PurpleMan5000: You guys are aware that Chinatown Wars was better received on platforms that are NOT the DS, right? Just thought I'd point that out.

The DS version was superior to the PSP and phone version of the game. It also scored better with critics.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Techhog89

@drummerdave9099: There's probably a Direct coming later this month.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

The DS version was superior to the PSP and phone version of the game. It also scored better with critics.

Personally, I find the PSP version better, but you are right, the DS version had higher critic scores and user scores. Nintendoboy is just being Nintendoboy again, per usual.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Eh... that's cool I guess.

I wasn't the biggest fan of L.A Noire. I loved the setting and story, but the gameplay felt too on rails. It even controlled the driving a lot of the time for you, which just felt weird.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

Lookie here. Nintendo fanboys are excited for a Rockstar game... I thought Rockstar games are boring. Aren't cinematic games boring?

Keep exposing yourself!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nintendoboy16

@charizard1605 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Personally, I find the PSP version better, but you are right, the DS version had higher critic scores and user scores. Nintendoboy is just being Nintendoboy again, per usual.

Scores be damned (especially when, apparently "standards are different"), did either of you read the PSP reviews of Chinatown Wars? Even major gaming sites, such as Gamespot said the same thing about it being better than the DS version.

Funny, last time I used the "scores are better" excuse for a game (Goldeneye 2010/Reloaded), I got blasted for being a Nintendo plant for saying the Wii version was better received than the PS3/360 version (and that it wasn't the version that tries to get more money out of you). Now you two do it, and nothing happens.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Techhog89

@koko-goal: I've never seen anyone here say that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24894 Posts

@koko-goal said:

Lookie here. Nintendo fanboys are excited for a Rockstar game... I thought Rockstar games are boring. Aren't cinematic games boring?

Keep exposing yourself!

Rockstar games are boring not named max payne 3 which is great.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nintendoboy16

@koko-goal said:

Keep exposing yourself!

Wait for the sales buddy. Then it's back to "Nintendo fans only buy Nintendo games". To quote Han Solo: "Don't get cocky!"

@techhog89 said:

Doubt it. GTA will never be seen again on any Nintendo platform after the failure that was Chinatown Wars and Nintendo's bad relation with the GTA devs.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#37 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I think I'm buying this out of principle.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

The Private Eye Sim on VR? Pinch me.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

@nintendoboy16: You seriously think.they'd not drop quick ports of previous GTAs? Quick buck to be made and all that jazz. I agree that I doubt we'll see GTA6 or RDR 2 though on the switch.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@Sgt_Crow said:

Hmm , I"m glad you're not thinking for the public , but for your self. because a lot of us love this game and would love to see it on the Switch. Back to OP, thanks for sharing this info, so pumped to play this game again , but on the go!!! :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Sweet! Loved LA Noire... another game for the X!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

I missed this game on the first go around so I may give it a go with this updated version.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@nintendoboy16 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Scores be damned (especially when, apparently "standards are different"), did either of you read the PSP reviews of Chinatown Wars? Even major gaming sites, such as Gamespot said the same thing about it being better than the DS version.

Funny, last time I used the "scores are better" excuse for a game (Goldeneye 2010/Reloaded), I got blasted for being a Nintendo plant for saying the Wii version was better received than the PS3/360 version (and that it wasn't the version that tries to get more money out of you). Now you two do it, and nothing happens.

Okay, which brings me back to my original post to you which you ignored conveniently- so what if the PSP version was rated higher? What was your point? What did that have to do with the original point you had been making?

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

It was an interesting game when it first came out. I don't feel that its a game that would benefit from a second play through though. Nice to see that its coming to all platforms too!

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Leaving the clones (most notably if they're licensed properties featuring LEGO and The Simpsons) to do it's job for them.

I thought you hated the GTA franchise?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nintendoboy16
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

I thought you hated the GTA franchise?

I still don't care to play it. Just making an observation of what we're probably going to get out of Rockstar when it comes to Nintendo support.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I wish they would have just made it BC for X1, but whatever. I want to play it again so I'll probably buy it.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I want to know more about Rcokstar - do they have other erotic parody games in their lineup?

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#50 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2945 Posts

@xantufrog said:

I want to know more about Rcokstar - do they have other erotic parody games in their lineup?

Well uhh lets see they have the GTA, Giant Titties & Ass series.

Max Paynetration.

L.A. Whore

Red Dead Erection ??? i tried