#51 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@hardwenzen said:
@KBFloYd said:
@hardwenzen said:

VISUALLY, as in graphics

so cartoon games can be graphics king? so much for the realistic power of the playstation 5?

didnt even look that good. stage was too dark. and the other stage looked whatever.

just cows hyping anything they can. even kiddie shit because they have absolutely nothing else to play.

Come on dude. Aint nobody can deny this thing looking good. If your Switch wasn't using hardware from 2003, your next Zelda could look as good.

Loading Video...

Hey it's Cherno! He's got cool content.

Only when he praises Sony games. Otherwise he sucks.

no not really. He's got a series about the game engine he's building. It's pretty cool stuff.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8197 Posts

Ratchet and clank is cool, but to devote an entire state of play to it?? kinda weak tbh. This shouldn't have even been a state of play. should have just been put out by insomniac on YouTube or something.

This guys reaction had me geeking and he's die hard playstation. 22:10 time stamp is when it gets good lol

Loading Video...

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

Sony can’t beat Nintendo in platformers.😂

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

poor man's mario

Either you have not played Mario, or you have not played Ratchet and Clank. They really are not all that similar. Ratchet and Clank games actually have story and weapon upgrades. Mario does not even try to act like it has story and you get zero choice in how your character performs (no real upgrade systems in place so nothing to actually invest in)

Don't get me wrong, I love some Mario games, but Ratchet and Clank is hardly a poor mans Mario.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23898 Posts

Colour me skeptical.

That RIFT mechanic looks to make exploration a pain, and the constnat shifts in environments could hurt the atmosphere. Also never been a fan of specifically marked props. Wall Run props in particular.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#56 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

The amount of stuff happening at any given time is ridiculous! This will look so good at 60fps.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Is that supposed to be a platformer? Oh well, I forgot Sony never managed to do anything good even after trying their hardest to copy Mario/Sonic.

And so much for the power of the SSD and the game still works exactly like a game from a HDD would. Not an iota of change in game design. Developers still has to go through all the hoops to hide the loading.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Very impressive loading or lack of it and LOL at the Mario comparisons.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44551 Posts

It may look cartoony but the gunplay seems solid. And it's certainly a graphics showcase.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Bro im gonna be honest im worried about this game.

Crash 4 didn't do so hot is this better than that it seems like the same audience for this and like crash and like jak and daxter just im not into them back then and im not into them now i was laready a late teen when those dropped they were targeting kids back than kids now play call of duty an stuff right?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38793 Posts

I look at this game and i just cannot believe how Nintendo fans wouldn't want these kind of visuals in their next 3d mario, metroid and especially zelda. How incredibly stupid of you to say that visuals (and in this case, performance as well since the game is in 60fps) don't matter in a good game, and constantly repeat that gameplay is more important. THE dumbest fanboys around.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 PC_Rocks

@hardwenzen said:

I look at this game and i just cannot believe how Nintendo fans wouldn't want these kind of visuals in their next 3d mario, metroid and especially zelda. How incredibly stupid of you to say that visuals (and in this case, performance as well since the game is in 60fps) don't matter in a good game, and constantly repeat that gameplay is more important. THE dumbest fanboys around.

Because they have actual gameplay and level design. Sony can even design a competent game even if their life depends on it. Almost 3 decades later they still haven't made a competent game let alone a revolutionary one or even a revolutionary mechanic. They can try to hide behind the production values all they want but the games themselves are sh*t tier.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Can Nintendo do better in terms of specs and visuals? Sure but I would take BOTW on PC any day over Horizon. Same goes for platformers.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 hardwenzen

@pc_rocks: So what are you trying to imply here? That if the visuals were to be upgraded in a Nintendo game, that the gameplay will somehow become on par with AssCreed aka Horizon? Like who said that Nintendo is all of a sudden supposed to create games like Sony? I am talking about the visuals, not gameplay. Obviously the gameplay would stay the same, why would it change? Better graphics don't downgrade the gameplay.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 PC_Rocks

@hardwenzen said:

@pc_rocks: So what are you trying to imply here? That if the visuals were to be upgraded in a Nintendo game, that the gameplay will somehow become on par with AssCreed aka Horizon? Like who said that Nintendo is all of a sudden supposed to create games like Sony? I am talking about the visuals, not gameplay. Obviously the gameplay would stay the same, why would it change? Better graphics don't downgrade the gameplay.

I'm saying the complete opposite. You implied that people should not play Nintendo games over Sony's because of visuals to which I replied why anyone would think otherwise even when visuals are extremely sub par.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 hardwenzen

@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:

I'm saying the complete opposite. You implied that people should not play Nintendo games over Sony's because of visuals to which I replied why anyone would think otherwise even when visuals are extremely sub par.

Whaaat? How the hell did you come to that conclusion? I said that R&C visuals would look great in Nintendo exclusives as the three examples given, and this is not the first time i say something similar. Got quoted a bunch of times by Nintendo fanboys responding with pretty much exactly what you did, the "gameplay>graphics" card, when nobody mentioned anything about the gameplay being downgraded because of upgraded visuals.

JoaoPedro7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 JoaoPedro7
Member since 2020 • 98 Posts

Toy Story 1 and 2, level graphics

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#67 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

The game looks really pretty. Not a game Coolyfett would play, but yes it does look good.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PC_Rocks

@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:

Whaaat? How the hell did you come to that conclusion? I said that R&C visuals would look great in Nintendo exclusives as the three examples given, and this is not the first time i say something similar. Got quoted a bunch of times by Nintendo fanboys responding with pretty much exactly what you did, the "gameplay>graphics" card, when nobody mentioned anything about the gameplay being downgraded because of upgraded visuals.

Even if you didn't say anything about gameplay it came across as one where you sh*tting on Nintendo's games to which the obvious response was with al their technical deficiencies they were still one of the best games in their respective genres. I would love if Nintendo would get rid of Switch and instead make games for PCs or even their own powerful hardware however it is what it is.

On another thought, I don't know if that's a good idea. Games in the AAA space suffers from overbloated budgets that are wasted on production values with almost nothing to show for in the gameplay department.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hardwenzen

@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:
@pc_rocks said:
@hardwenzen said:

Even if you didn't say anything about gameplay it came across as one where you sh*tting on Nintendo's games to which the obvious response was with al their technical deficiencies they were still one of the best games in their respective genres. I would love if Nintendo would get rid of Switch and instead make games for PCs or even their own powerful hardware however it is what it is.

On another thought, I don't know if that's a good idea. Games in the AAA space suffers from overbloated budgets that are wasted on production values with almost nothing to show for in the gameplay department.

What's expensive is all the mo-cap and voice acting. If the likes of Zelda/Mario (and Nintendo games in general) stay as is, there won't any budget increases worth talking about. Better visuals and fps will only attract new gamers to their systems, which is more sales for them.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

halo infinite

god of war 5

horizon 2

cows most anticipated and talked about 2021 games in order

HaH

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

NGL this game looks really good. But you know what? Psychonauts 2 will be better. Bet dat.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#72 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

Digital Foundry did a video about the Ratchet and Clank State of Play yesterday.

Loading Video...