Rare staffs up for "jaw-dropping, never-been-done-before" Kinect game

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

lol kinect

gaf

Rare's posted a bunch of job vacancies for its mysterious new Kinect project, which (given the timing) is all but guaranteed to be a next generation Xbox game. They don't tell us much that's new, but I like to keep these things ticking over.

The developer is in the market for a an experienced, passionate and highly technical engineer to help us deliver the services that will power our next amazing product." This illustrious individual will be responsible for the creation of "large scale distributed systems with a focus on scalability, reliability and maintainability" and will "[drive] continuous improvement through rapid iteration and short ship cycles". Experience with cloud based services is "desirable".

There's also a region design manager to assist with "the next jaw-dropping, never-been-done-before Rare project". Advantageous criteria include "experience of motion gaming, especially Kinect technology".

#2 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
lol Rare.
#3 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -

Kinectbox 720 confirmed, ty Microsoft.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#4 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (11034 posts) -

TLHBO

#5 Posted by EPaul (9917 posts) -

sigh motion gaming

#6 Posted by OhSnapitz (19254 posts) -

sigh motion gaming

EPaul
Ditto..
#7 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -

RIP Rare :(

#8 Posted by Nike_Air (18837 posts) -

I'm not going to dismiss it before seeing it. 

#9 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -
Rare staff up "Gasp!" For a jaw dropping, never been done before "GASP!".....Kinect Game "Heart Explodes" Why MS Why !!!
#10 Posted by Farsendor1 (462 posts) -

this stinks,hope rare is working on a game that isn't kinect 

#11 Posted by MLBknights58 (5016 posts) -

START THE HYPE TRAIN

#13 Posted by SecretPolice (31292 posts) -

Never seeing / using Next X with kinect 2 and trying so hard to make fun of it.... Lol Cows :P

Indeed, I'm here to tell ya, mind=blown. :shock:

#14 Posted by jg4xchamp (61428 posts) -
I'll remember the good times we had rare.
#15 Posted by Giancar (19155 posts) -

20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif.

#16 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfaN267lI_Y

Love this video: *Rare At E3*

#17 Posted by FinalFighters (2781 posts) -
i thought motion gaming has lost its popularity? dont know why Sony/MS continue supporting it..The new crave now is tablets
#18 Posted by MBirdy88 (11945 posts) -
:lol: look at all the band wagoners that havnt even seen kinect 2 yet.
#19 Posted by MBirdy88 (11945 posts) -

I'm not going to dismiss it before seeing it. 

Nike_Air
My god, some intelligence.
#21 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfaN267lI_Y

Love this video: *Rare At E3*

Blake135
Bah..u beat me!
#22 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
:lol: look at all the band wagoners that havnt even seen kinect 2 yet.MBirdy88
its motion gaming...even if its 1:1 accurate and the most advanced tech on the planet, its motion gaming.....
#23 Posted by narutosup (1699 posts) -

Never seeing / using Next X with kinect 2 and trying so hard to make fun of it.... Lol Cows :P

SecretPolice
You're looking forward to motion gaming? Is this how you wanna play FPS? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Xu6EN6mlQ
#24 Posted by mitu123 (155098 posts) -

Yet another Kinect game from Rare??? My goodness.

#25 Posted by narutosup (1699 posts) -
Everyone knows what to expect from kinect.
i thought motion gaming has lost its popularity? dont know why Sony/MS continue supporting it..The new crave now is tabletsFinalFighters
Kinect became successful on Xbox 360. that's why they're pushing it hard
#26 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -
teh he!
#27 Posted by l34052 (3750 posts) -

It seems to me that RARE fell off when they were purchased by MS and have never been the same since.

#29 Posted by MBirdy88 (11945 posts) -
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

narutosup
You're looking forward to motion gaming? Is this how you wanna play FPS? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Xu6EN6mlQ

That.... is... Kinect... 1..... You have no idea what to expect until revealed and until games are developed.... thats the fact of the situation.
#31 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
:|.... :lol: Never before done kinect? Lol What now? You use your nose to play? Lol
#32 Posted by SecretPolice (31292 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

narutosup

you can't be serious..

Firstly, M.G. is included with PS4 or didn't you watch the PS4 event shocked.gif Secondly, from all indications, K2 is a huge improvement > Kinect and mah mind can only imagine the innovative gaming that can be done especially using it along with the traditional controller, Hybrid gaming. Thirdly, have you forgot why you stared gaming and what gaming is all about ? Here's a clue, For The F'en Fun Of It !! big_smile.gif

Lastly, take your gifs from what will soon be last gen Kinect and even though they always only show people / families having loads of fun, and shove'em

#33 Posted by Heil68 (57461 posts) -
lol Rare.OreoMilkshake
#34 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

narutosup

He doesn't have very good taste.
#35 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -
Can't be any worse than Wonderbook.
#36 Posted by sts106mat (24138 posts) -

[QUOTE="narutosup"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

SecretPolice

you can't be serious..

Firstly, M.G. is included with PS4 or didn't you watch the PS4 event shocked.gif Secondly, from all indications, K2 is a huge improvement > Kinect and mah mind can only imagine the innovative gaming that can be done especially using it along with the traditional controller, Hybrid gaming. Thirdly, have you forgot why you stared gaming and what gaming is all about ? Here's a clue, For The F'en Fun Of It !! big_smile.gif

Lastly, take your gifs from what will soon be last gen Kinect and even though they always only show people / families having loads of fun, and shove'em

th?id=H.4867938338342753&pid=15.1

#37 Posted by narutosup (1699 posts) -

MBirdy88

That.... is... Kinect... 1..... You have no idea what to expect until revealed and until games are developed.... thats the fact of the situation.

Kinect 1..2..3..4..5. Don't fall for the hype for Motion Gaming. MG is stupid. Nintendo knows it, thats why they didn't include it in WiiU. Sony knows it, thats why' they're not focusing on it. Developers knows it
#38 Posted by Kjranu (1739 posts) -

Kinectbox 720 confirmed, ty Microsoft.

Clock-w0rk
Guess I'm spending my money on a Wii U and PS4. I hate Kinect and no amount of fake gunplay or swordplay can ever convince me to buy a Kinectbox. Lest I want my life activities to be monitored by Kinectspycamera 24/7.
#39 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25162 posts) -
Lol new Rare. Lol Kinect.
#40 Posted by PAL360 (28652 posts) -

Oh Rare.....what a waste of talent :(

#41 Posted by MrYaotubo (2880 posts) -
Yeah,no thanks,the next xbox keeps getting even more unapealing as far as I´m concerned.
#42 Posted by Kjranu (1739 posts) -

Oh Rare... :(

PAL360
I bet even Nintendo regret selling off Rare since it's put them in the predicament of being a lame ass kinectmaker.
#44 Posted by Shewgenja (18711 posts) -
Can't be any worse than Wonderbook.Miketheman83
0/5 But hey, maybe Milo can be one of your companions in TES: VI ! Oh joy!
#45 Posted by LadyBlue (4943 posts) -

Can't be any worse than Wonderbook.Miketheman83
:lol:

#46 Posted by narutosup (1699 posts) -

SecretPolice

you can't be serious..

MG isn't even the focus on Ps4. Kinect 2 will only have better specs.  I guess you had fun with kinect on the xbox 360.

#47 Posted by Jack-Burton (2433 posts) -
Yeah instead, lets all get hyped for the great media molecule and what ever jaw dropping thing they will be doing on Ps4 with move.
#48 Posted by tenaka2 (17048 posts) -

haha

That is all.

#49 Posted by MBirdy88 (11945 posts) -
Yeah instead, lets all get hyped for the great media molecule and what ever jaw dropping thing they will be doing on Ps4 with move.Jack-Burton
There was nothing jaw dropping about that. That could very VERY easily be mimicked with kinect, infact, given kinect 2 will be able to detect alot more than basic hand shapes, it would like be a better tool for the job.
#50 Posted by Nohtnym (1552 posts) -

I doubt, kinect barely works like microsoft has been marketing it (only select few games make good use of it, plus glorified menucontroller). I dont think we will see games like skyrim, halo, gears of war and the witcher 2 only use kinect 2.0.