Rare Replay | Gamespot: 8/10

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#101 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@tushar172787: I am no achievement whore or anything. I do enjoy earning them though.

oh, cool then!

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Oh Battletoads how I've missed you. Played a bit of that and then went to Slalom. Not exactly a great game but I have fond memories of it. So yeah that was nostalgia for me.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

It's literally the only game on the X1.

Spoken like a true cow.

Only a fan boy thinks everyone else is a fan boy.

Only a fanboy would say the X1 only has 1 game worth playing and make no mistake.....you're a fanboy.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Surprised for what they did with older Banjo games (Nintendo 64 games)

Loading Video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWUnbce7vLY

go to the 24:55 mark, slight improvements over the N64 version..

worth the 30 dollars easily.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#105 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

This pack looks like a lot of damn fun. Anyone hear how many achievement points there are? I guess I could look it up.....

Been playing PD0 and Banjo all night since midnight. If there are problems with this BC, I don't see them. Games are running awesomely. I am connected to 360's live, even searched for my save data from cloud automatically. I cant wait for this to roll out this fall. One xbox console in my entertainment center but getting to enjoy last gen games as well and without the rental price.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 cainetao11

@MonsieurX said:
@XboxStache said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

This pack looks like a lot of damn fun. Anyone hear how many achievement points there are? I guess I could look it up.....

Too bad it's a cash grab with Rose-colored glasses game collections. Not one remaster within the collection...and you don't need to own a bone to play any of these games as PC will do just fine. This is why Sony's stomping Microsoft.

lol typical cow hiding behind PC

Yeah, how come @tormentos isn't calling this guy out for hiding behind a PC?

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@cainetao11: I think I'd get this over Gears Ultimate Edition...do you reckon it's a better idea? I love RARE.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

There's so much to do here. Ive been diving into the pre NES era stuff tonight. Tomorrow I'll start the big games. I just dont know where to start. Conker, Jet Force, Banjo, Kameo? Such a fantastic package. Easily one of the best purchases I've made in a while.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 cainetao11

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@cainetao11: I think I'd get this over Gears Ultimate Edition...do you reckon it's a better idea? I love RARE.

I guess it all depends. I wonder if the online for the 360 versions of Gears 1-3 online will go completely dead when the remaster releases. The online in that is the only thing that had me thinking of buying it. But with the announcement that they are all going BC, and I own 1-3 digitally, I see no reason for me to get it. I'll just download for free what I already own. If I get it at Christmas as a gift from family because they know games are always a great gift then so be it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44060 Posts

@tormentos said:
@MonsieurX said:
@tormentos said:

Mutliplatforms dont count ask Nyadc.

Why so salty?

If you actually believe i was salty then you are a bigger idiot than i ever thought possible..hahahahaa

Is pretty easy to see what i did,but then again it is you...lol

@xxyetixx said:

@tormentos: well you just let me know on what system can I get these games and play them all in one spot. Oh that's right exclusively on Xbox One. But by all means split hairs and call it what you like because you can play these games on a NES, N64, 360, or In the Arcade (Since Battletoads Arcade game never released on home consoles) if that's is what makes this game a multiplat in your opinion or "system wars" opinion, I just smh and lol and play an awesome collection of games ;)

Almost all of the on PC and even the original xbox as well,wii and i think even the 360.

Loading Video...

Knowledge is power..

They are multiplatforms because non are original or only on xbox one really is a collection of old games is a multiplatfom as much as Halo MCC is and Gears as well.

Alto i was just making fun of NyaDC...lol

@SecretPolice said:

I DL'ed this to my 5TB HDD and it's going to be so awesome to have all 30 games, try one out for a few then another, then another and so on and never need to put in a disk or change a disk. I can see me doing that for years with this collection. :)

But you are easily impress by any crap on xbox i mean you are exited for Crackdown... :P

""Tormy runs and hide behind sofa""

LMAO... Don't look now but.....Meeeeeoooooww... :)

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#111 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Can't wait to get paid to then pick this up.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Been playing this for a bit and man...Rare's early games really fucking suck lol. Being able to rewind and make save states in the pre-n64 games is pretty awesome though.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#113 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@Kaze_no_Mirai: I couldn't believe how well Battletoads held up. I must say I got quite emotional playing it yesterday night, instant flashbacks from when I was a kid. It's got such clever gameplay I just love those old school 2D games.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@nyadc said:

A 10 for an artsy two hour PlayStation 3 game, that's bound to leave a lasting impression and have heaps of replay value...

BRB playing the games in this collection for months on end, are you going to play Journey a hundred times until Uncharted 4 comes out 9 months from now?

Yet it score 10 when Rare collection with all the hours of gameplay couldn't...

NO i will not,this holiday we will have.

The Tomorrow Children,Until Dawn,Tear Away Unfold,Tales of Zestiria,Disgaea,Drawn to Death,Uncharted Collection,Every Body gone to rapture and probably Persona 5.

This month alone we have.

Until Dawn,Galak z,Every Body gone to rapture,Volume,Ascendant,Gaunlet slayer edition,One piece pirate warriors 3,Bedlam,Goat simulator.

Just August man oh that without saying that we are playing Rocket League and you have to wait for it on xbox one..lol

I forgot that the only games that you see are the ones on xbox one,you just look like a fool now,not only the PS4 has more games than the xbox one it has more coming out from here to the end of the year as well,look that August alone list..lol

@worknow222 said:

And witcher 3 beats journey and every game underneath it cause gamespot 10/10 ratings= Everyones Opinion.

The witcher 3 has 10 just like Journey so no it doesn't beat and The witcher 3 is on PS4 Journey is not outside playstation consoles.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 tormentos

@kingtito said:

Only a fanboy would say the X1 only has 1 game worth playing and make no mistake.....you're a fanboy.

And you are a much bigger one and deny it lemming...lol

@cainetao11 said:

Because most of this can be even play on the original xbox,wii basically every platform hack which run emulators,i mean on my orginal xbox i had N64,Mame,and Snes basically cover all of those games,on PC is even worse hell there is an emulator already in the works for xbox 360 games.

And before you come with the whole piracy crap as long as you have the game you have no problem,i have tons of games without platform and even some arcade boards,even several japanese version of PS1 games and N64 as well.

Don't get me wrong i am just messing around with NyaDC for his double standard what is included in Rare collection more that is worth the price,and i hope it comes to PC as well,is a good collection of games,specially battletoads which is very hard to find now even if you want to buy an arcade.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 cainetao11

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

@cainetao11 said:

Because most of this can be even play on the original xbox,wii basically every platform hack which run emulators,i mean on my orginal xbox i had N64,Mame,and Snes basically cover all of those games,on PC is even worse hell there is an emulator already in the works for xbox 360 games.

And before you come with the whole piracy crap as long as you have the game you have no problem,i have tons of games without platform and even some arcade boards,even several japanese version of PS1 games and N64 as well.

Don't get me wrong i am just messing around with NyaDC for his double standard what is included in Rare collection more that is worth the price,and i hope it comes to PC as well,is a good collection of games,specially battletoads which is very hard to find now even if you want to buy an arcade.

Nothing you said answered my question. He is hiding behind PC in his post, and more than myself know it. You tell lems to stop hiding behind PC, why don't you call out posters like the one mentioned above.

I don't care where you can play those games dude. I play them on X1, and from this thread so are many others. Why aren't you consistent with your NO HIDING BEHIND PC argument? Simple question guy.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

10,000 achievement points! (If you haven't earned them already in the 360 version of these games)

I'm pre-loading right now. I've been itching for a reason to turn on the Xbox One and here it is!

Achievement points? Doesn't anyone play for fun anymore?0

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

Nothing you said answered my question. He is hiding behind PC in his post, and more than myself know it. You tell lems to stop hiding behind PC, why don't you call out posters like the one mentioned above.

I don't care where you can play those games dude. I play them on X1, and from this thread so are many others. Why aren't you consistent with your NO HIDING BEHIND PC argument? Simple question guy.

Oh he doesn't have to because you can play those emulators on other consoles to including the wii and xbox,but the kind of hiding you people do on PC is different for example Nyadc a couple of days downplayed SF5 for also been on PC,so he hide on PC but on that same post he hyped Gear collection which is also on PC.

You play them on xbox one is not my fault you are behind the curve.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Go back to your moms basement loser. You, as usual, have no idea what you're talking about.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#121 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

Oh he doesn't have to because you can play those emulators on other consoles to including the wii and xbox,but the kind of hiding you people do on PC is different for example Nyadc a couple of days downplayed SF5 for also been on PC,so he hide on PC but on that same post he hyped Gear collection which is also on PC.

You play them on xbox one is not my fault you are behind the curve.

why do you get so worked up over ONE troll fanboy? it's not like his opinion means shit...

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:
@XboxStache said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Too bad it's a cash grab with Rose-colored glasses game collections. Not one remaster within the collection...and you don't need to own a bone to play any of these games as PC will do just fine. This is why Sony's stomping Microsoft.

So tell me then, Xbox went in reverse by offering 30 games for one low price. What does Sony have to compete with this? Oh, nothing.

Easy. Uncharted collection trumps this hands down. This is a lazy cash grab by Microsoft...why should Xbox one be playing retro games that aren't remastered? Shitty controls and emulated at that lmao. At least Sony gives us more reason to be hyped as TLOUR had all DLC, remastered graphics and improved framerate and the works.

Just shows how desperate Lems are lol. The list of games aren't even that good...why not include Conker- Live and Reloaded? Epic fail. Why does Banjo Nuts and Bolts play at stuttery framerate? fail...so much fail. Don't mention Sony again.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@XboxStache said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:
@XboxStache said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

So tell me then, Xbox went in reverse by offering 30 games for one low price. What does Sony have to compete with this? Oh, nothing.

Easy. Uncharted collection trumps this hands down. This is a lazy cash grab by Microsoft...why should Xbox one be playing retro games that aren't remastered? Shitty controls and emulated at that lmao. At least Sony gives us more reason to be hyped as TLOUR had all DLC, remastered graphics and improved framerate and the works.

Just shows how desperate Lems are lol. The list of games aren't even that good...why not include Conker- Live and Reloaded? Epic fail. Why does Banjo Nuts and Bolts play at stuttery framerate? fail...so much fail. Don't mention Sony again.

Really? 30 games for $30 dollars isn't worth the price? That's $1 for each game and you're telling us that's not affordable? LOL, you must have failed economy class in high school!

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@XboxStache said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:
@XboxStache said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

Really? 30 games for $30 dollars isn't worth the price? That's $1 for each game and you're telling us that's not affordable? LOL, you must have failed economy class in high school!

I don't care if it's affordable. Why buy shit?

Is obvious shit. Unoptimized controls shit. No remaster graphics shit. I don't have to buy any of those garbage assed games when I own most of them anyway. Why no Conker Reloaded? Microshit. Microshill.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@XboxStache said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@XboxStache said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:
@XboxStache said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

I don't care if it's affordable. Why buy shit?

Is obvious shit. Unoptimized controls shit. No remaster graphics shit. I don't have to buy any of those garbage assed games when I own most of them anyway. Why no Conker Reloaded? Microshit. Microshill.

Conker's Reloaded sucks compared to Bad Fur day, what have you been smoking?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#126  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Can't wait to pick this up, great package for a wonderful price

batosaims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#127 batosaims
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts

Jesus Christ between today's presentation, Rare replay and all of the great Xbox News, Cows are in full damage control mode today. This is hilarious

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#128  Edited By Phreek300
Member since 2007 • 672 Posts

I am eyeing this very closely. I bought I for my friend for his birthday. I may buy it based on if he thinks it's great. I do wish they used Conkers Bad Furday Reloaded. It was a great upgrade. Oh well maybe in an update they can add the graphics. Regardless that was the main draw and JetForce Gemini. Still looks like a fantastic value. The Gamespot review just confirms that it is.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#129 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And Sony offers a single re-release for $40.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#130 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41528 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Conker's Reloaded sucks compared to Bad Fur day, what have you been smoking?

Damn censorship.

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Phreek300

This collection is a fantastic value. I do wish that they had added Conker's Bad Furday Live and Reloded instead of the N64 version. Still a great game none the less. Just seemed like a no brainer to me. Regardless a definitive purchase here soon.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#132 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

@Phreek300 said:

This collection is a fantastic value. I do wish that they had added Conker's Bad Furday Live and Reloded instead of the N64 version. Still a great game none the less. Just seemed like a no brainer to me. Regardless a definitive purchase here soon.

I know it looks considerably worse graphically. But I still think the design of the N64 Great Mighty Poo looks better overall.

Phreek300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Phreek300

@Wild_man_22: I can see that the color was better in the N64 version. The mouth had more detail of his nasty too. Hopefully they will add the engine as an add on feature.