Rare Replay | Gamespot: 8/10

  • 132 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

82724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Much of Rare Replay is old material, but that's OK when so many of Rare's games easily stand the test of time. Getting the chance to play its classics in an easily accessible package is worth celebrating, whether you've played them before or always wished you could. And you should, if you haven't had the chance. Rare's games have a way of speaking to you with respect. They embrace video game conventions and rarely take themselves too seriously. Expressive characters warm your heart and catchy and complex soundtracks stick with you long after you turn off your console. Rare Replay is a great way to experience some of the best games from the studio's past, and the new videos that document Rare's storied history are the icing on the cake; it's just a shame that you can't access them from the start.

GAMESPOT: 8/10

Great score, and undoubtedly, a great release for the Xbox One.

Avatar image for Chutebox
Chutebox

48172

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 48172 Posts

Looking forward to tomorrow

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

2103

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#3 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Finally a good Rare game... :P Sweet collection for those with Xbox Ones.

Avatar image for davillain-
davillain-

48961

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By davillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 48961 Posts

[copy/paste for what I said on the review]

Nice review and I already got the digital version last week. Looking forward to continue where I left off on Jet Force Gemini like 13 years ago. That said, I finally get to play Battletoads Arcade version since I never check out the Arcade back then and I never played Kameo so getting Rare Replay is a welcome game from MS. Thank you :P

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

33868

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 33868 Posts

Too bad you got rid of your x1 TC :p

Avatar image for mems_1224
mems_1224

56919

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

already got it pre-loaded and ready to roll. game informer gave it an 8.75 i believe

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

39478

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 39478 Posts

GS reviews are lol these dayz.

Preordered and DL'ed, just waiting to go live.

Avatar image for a-new-guardian
A-new-Guardian

2456

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2456 Posts

Great review.

Nintendo also did something similar with re-releasing old games on current gen on a disc with NES Remix. Sony Should do one of these collections and release classics from previous gens.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

29739

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29739 Posts

How could you own an xbox one and NOT buy this game? It's a no brainer and an insane value.

Avatar image for Desmonic
Desmonic

19990

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Oh the irony. The best Rare game in years....is a collection of their previous work :P

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

14217

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14217 Posts

Another great package for the Xbone.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

12217

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#12 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

Sounds about right. It's a nice package from what I've played of it.

Avatar image for sailor232
sailor232

6880

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#13 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Cant wait to pick this up.

Avatar image for Suppaman100
Suppaman100

5250

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Lol, the best games to play on Xbone are 10+ years old.

Just lol

Avatar image for Alucard_Prime
Alucard_Prime

10107

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#15 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Good to know although I was getting it regardless of reviews ....I think I will play Blast Corps first, so many good memories from that game

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

82724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Suppaman100: Ah man, the salt. Never fails.

Avatar image for TheEroica
TheEroica

19739

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#17 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 19739 Posts

I just want to play battle toads and see if I'm still a bitch at it.

Avatar image for TheEroica
TheEroica

19739

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#18 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 19739 Posts

@Suppaman100: lol....Youre actively trying to iligitimize your opinion of games... Nice work.

Avatar image for achilles614
achilles614

5310

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

I already have this pre-ordered but one thing I'm not really looking forward to...

the mapping of the n64 C-buttons to the right stick, drives me crazy and feels so weird. I'm mostly getting this for the 360 titles and some of the really old games. N64 I'll probably keep playing on my N64, I'll just put up with the horrid framerate in tooie :/

Avatar image for Chutebox
Chutebox

48172

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 48172 Posts

@SecretPolice: complaining about an 8?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

82724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@achilles614 said:

I already have this pre-ordered but one thing I'm not really looking forward to...

the mapping of the n64 C-buttons to the right stick, drives me crazy and feels so weird. I'm mostly getting this for the 360 titles and some of the really old games. N64 I'll probably keep playing on my N64, I'll just put up with the horrid framerate in tooie :/

Isn't there universal remapping on Xbone, or is that still PS4 only?

Avatar image for freedomfreak
freedomfreak

52224

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52224 Posts

Getting it tomorrow.

Backlog: The Collection

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

13561

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Nice score....no buy from me until Conker arrives

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

39478

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 39478 Posts

@Chutebox:

Nope, just in general what I said is all.

Avatar image for Suppaman100
Suppaman100

5250

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#25 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Suppaman100: Ah man, the salt. Never fails.

Salty? Hahaha, sure if it was the year 2000.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

82724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@Suppaman100: Ah man, the salt. Never fails.

Salty? Hahaha, sure if it was the year 2000.

And yet you PlayStation fans went gaga over a re-release of a three hour long PS3 digital game?

Jesus, the hypocrisy is staggering.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

7221

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#27 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Some games aren't on the disc / 10

Avatar image for Heil68
Heil68

58668

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#28 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 58668 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Nice score....no buy from me until Conker arrives

Thats the only game I care to play.

Avatar image for achilles614
achilles614

5310

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@achilles614 said:

I already have this pre-ordered but one thing I'm not really looking forward to...

the mapping of the n64 C-buttons to the right stick, drives me crazy and feels so weird. I'm mostly getting this for the 360 titles and some of the really old games. N64 I'll probably keep playing on my N64, I'll just put up with the horrid framerate in tooie :/

Isn't there universal remapping on Xbone, or is that still PS4 only?

I'm not sure, I just recall bad memories with the controls for the XBLA version of Tooie. Most people don't care about the mapping, maybe I'm too picky.

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

33742

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33742 Posts

Mutliplatforms dont count ask Nyadc.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

59432

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#31 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 59432 Posts

Nice. I'll pick it up in a couple months. Wouldn't mind playing some old-school Rare games.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
MonsieurX

39858

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@tormentos said:

Mutliplatforms dont count ask Nyadc.

Why so salty?

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

4606

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Picking this up on the way to work tomorrow, can't wait!

Avatar image for drinkerofjuice
drinkerofjuice

4567

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#34 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

I'm definitely getting it down the road, when I have less to play.

Avatar image for Suppaman100
Suppaman100

5250

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Suppaman100 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@Suppaman100: Ah man, the salt. Never fails.

Salty? Hahaha, sure if it was the year 2000.

And yet you PlayStation fans went gaga over a re-release of a three hour long PS3 digital game?

Jesus, the hypocrisy is staggering.

Hahaha another fail comparison by char.

Comparing N64,.. games that are 10+years old to a PSN game that released in 2012. (btw how much did that re-release score? LOL)

Anyway enjoy those N64 games though...I dit too, 15 years ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

82724

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#36 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Suppaman100 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@Suppaman100: Ah man, the salt. Never fails.

Salty? Hahaha, sure if it was the year 2000.

And yet you PlayStation fans went gaga over a re-release of a three hour long PS3 digital game?

Jesus, the hypocrisy is staggering.

Hahaha another fail comparison by char.

Comparing N64,.. games that are 10+years old to a PSN game that released in 2012. (btw how much did that re-release score? LOL)

Anyway enjoy those N64 games though...I dit too, 15 years ago.

One three year old game for $15, or 30 games, most of them older than 20 years, for $30?

Hmmm, why is this decision so tough

Avatar image for xxyetixx
xxyetixx

3041

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#37 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@tormentos: well you just let me know on what system can I get these games and play them all in one spot. Oh that's right exclusively on Xbox One. But by all means split hairs and call it what you like because you can play these games on a NES, N64, 360, or In the Arcade (Since Battletoads Arcade game never released on home consoles) if that's is what makes this game a multiplat in your opinion or "system wars" opinion, I just smh and lol and play an awesome collection of games ;)

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
FireEmblem_Man

20011

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#38 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20011 Posts

I'll be getting it tomorrow! I can't wait!

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

39478

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 39478 Posts

@xxyetixx said:

@tormentos: well you just let me know on what system can I get these games and play them all in one spot. Oh that's right exclusively on Xbox One. But by all means split hairs and call it what you like because you can play these games on a NES, N64, 360, or In the Arcade (Since Battletoads Arcade game never released on home consoles) if that's is what makes this game a multiplat in your opinion or "system wars" opinion, I just smh and lol and play an awesome collection of games ;)

I DL'ed this to my 5TB HDD and it's going to be so awesome to have all 30 games, try one out for a few then another, then another and so on and never need to put in a disk or change a disk. I can see me doing that for years with this collection. :)

Avatar image for BigBadBully
BigBadBully

2361

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#40  Edited By BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2361 Posts

Looks like I can put my gears 3 and mgs ground zero towards this purchase.

Avatar image for TigerSuperman
TigerSuperman

4331

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#41 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

So does GS not do the good and bad on reviews anymore?

Avatar image for locopatho
locopatho

24189

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#42 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24189 Posts

Great score for a great collection, very welcome addition to the Xbone's library.

Avatar image for Suppaman100
Suppaman100

5250

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Suppaman100 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Suppaman100 said:
@charizard1605 said:

@Suppaman100: Ah man, the salt. Never fails.

Salty? Hahaha, sure if it was the year 2000.

And yet you PlayStation fans went gaga over a re-release of a three hour long PS3 digital game?

Jesus, the hypocrisy is staggering.

Hahaha another fail comparison by char.

Comparing N64,.. games that are 10+years old to a PSN game that released in 2012. (btw how much did that re-release score? LOL)

Anyway enjoy those N64 games though...I dit too, 15 years ago.

One three year old game for $15, or 30 games, most of them older than 20 years, for $30?

Hmmm, why is this decision so tough

30 bucks for emulating 15+ year old games on a current gen console..wow, such value.

Avatar image for n64dd
N64DD

13167

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Some of you may know, i'm a huge retro guy. This collection looks cool, but all it does for me is make me realize I need to get a real copy of battletoads.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

1043

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

Will be sure to pick this collection once I get an X1 next week.

Avatar image for bobrossperm
BobRossPerm

2886

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

I'd buy.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

1483

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#47 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Meh. I'd rather just use roms on my PC, than to actually buy something like this.

Avatar image for kuu2
kuu2

11574

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#48 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 11574 Posts

My backlog is just too much right now.....................You know I am buying this.

Great collection. It almost makes me want to get a second One to take on the road.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
freedomfreak

52224

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#49 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52224 Posts

@TigerSuperman: It's there.

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
FoxbatAlpha

10669

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#50 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

This pack looks like a lot of damn fun. Anyone hear how many achievement points there are? I guess I could look it up.....