Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

1. Dark Souls. Best balance of difficulty, weapons choices, online and level design.

2. Bloodborne. Best atmosphere. Most interesting story. Great combat. Lack of gear variety hurts. Bad online.

3, Demon's Souls. Still plays great. Lacks the polish of later games.

4. Dark Souls III. Really tried hard to capture Dark Souls' magic but failed. Pretty good game.

5. Dark Souls II. Trash outside of the DLC's.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

1. Demon's Souls
2. Dark Souls
3. Bloodborne
4. Dark Souls 3
5. Dark Souls 2

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34468 Posts

I found DS3 more enjoyable than the first. Those are the only ones I've played.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

1. Demon's Souls

2. Dark Souls

3. Bloodborne

4. Dark Souls 3

5. Dark Souls 2

AND1SALTTAPE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AND1SALTTAPE
Member since 2015 • 861 Posts

1. Dark Souls 3 : the only game in the series that tests your skill rather than your patience.

2. Dark Souls 2 : the melancholy is delicious.

3. Dark Souls : Thoroughly flawed. Only Artorias and Kalameet boss fight made it worth it. But the game was too easy, too short, and too annoying (Lost Izalith, bed of chaos, 6 miles run up to every boss, strafe-and-backstab, input lag on PC, and so on).

Seriously, it's just because of nostalgia that people say the first Dark Souls was the best. The only problem with DS3 are the allusions to DS1. If only DS3 had more standalone stuff, it'd be a 10/10. As of yet, DS2 feels the most balanced but is lacking in creative bosses.

PS will soon be able to play Bloodborne. Hopefully.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

1. Dark Souls

2. Demon's Souls

3. Bloodborne/Dark Souls 3 ( Bloodborne is slightly better imo...but we'll wait till all of DS3's dlc comes out)

4. Dark Souls 2

Really enjoyed all of them.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 iambatman7986  Online
Member since 2013 • 4569 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

1. Demon's Souls

2. Dark Souls

3. Bloodborne

4. Dark Souls 3

5. Dark Souls 2

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:
@freedomfreak said:

1. Demon's Souls

2. Dark Souls

3. Bloodborne

4. Dark Souls 3

5. Dark Souls 2

Only correct answer.

Nioh is the only game this gen that looks like it could come close measuring up to Demon's Souls unforgettable gameplay experience.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#9 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

1. Demon's Souls

2. Dark Souls

3. Dark Souls 3

4. Dark Souls 2

5. Bloodborne

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

The order you at them as biggest influence on how you rank them I believe.

The first souls game you play is normally the one someone will find most difficult and most satisfying.

I'm.no different so here we go

1. Dark souls 2 - it's also my favorite game in modern times, second favorite of all time just behind final fantasy vii.

I loved the lore of this game, the locations were great and the enviroments told their own story(although the transition from some areas doesn't make sense ie iron keep)

I love Majula, and looked forward to getting back to there to relax and gear up for next challenge. It was such a serene and beautiful place that some how still felt cold and desolate.

I loved that you could see other areas in the distance from Majula.

2- Dark souls 3 - the best looking of the souls games, a little to fast and dependant on rolling for my tastes.

3 - Dark souls - struggling to get into this, bare in mind I'd played 2,3 before this it feels dated and clunky and fps tanks like hell.

If this was my first souls game I might have felt different.

I havnt played bloodlourne or demons souls, I'm unlikely to try demons souls because I no longer have a ps3.

Also I'm not willing to buy a ps4 just for blood Bourne.

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 35

#11  Edited By heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

From what I've played.

1-Dark Souls III
It's as challenging as DS1, boss fights are easier though. Everything else is better. The Dark Souls of my dreams.

2-Dark Souls
Nostalgia may make you favor it over any other Souls game. Artorias & Black Kalameet were heck of fights. Still looks gorgeous.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts
  1. Demon's Souls - First one I played. Amazing game when it came out. I wish they would give it a re-release for that glorious 60 fps and more NG+ replay value. I love the level designs.
  2. Dark Souls 2 - Best replay value and build variety. Shit world design but some of them were still cool and the DLC was great.
  3. Dark Souls - Great World Design. Feels kinda clunky after all these years.
  4. Bloodborne - Where's the build variety!? Still great level design and fun enemies/bosses.
  5. Dark Souls 3 - Gets the bloodborne engine visuals and sharp controls. Some great levels and enemies.

I'm not really liking where I put Dark Souls 3 in this list. We will see after I play the DLC.

...and really all the games were so close. BB and DS3 may be at the bottom of the list but they are still a few of my favorite games

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

All equally awesome.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I had a college roomate who adored Dark Souls, and got me into it. Said it was the perfect game. Had so much replayability, so much to explore, and had the perfect feel of progression.

He then bought Dark Souls 2 and played a lot of it, and told me it was a turd compared to the original because of the level design and it lacked the same feeling of progression.

My first Souls game was 2 SOTFS. I loved it. I loved Majula. I loved finding everything. I will agree the level design and environments didn't sell me a ton. I disagree on the progression though. When I play games I like having a "house" and Majula was great for that.

I'm playing Dark Souls for real for the first time now. Farthest I had gotten before was a couple bosses in. Last night I beat the Pinwheel boss. I think the level design is superior. The enemy design is equal, I wish it had a little more variety from what I've seen so far. And the bosses are far superior.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Dark 2 - unequivocally most replay value (build varieties, weapons, armor), best pvp and combat, dlc areas are excellent themselves

Demons - nothing will ever replicate the feeling of playing this game for the first time, very punishing, still difficult

BB - unique in so many ways

Dark 1 - similar to Demons, nothing will replicate first playthrough, great world design

Dark 3 - great game itself, pulls many nostalgia attempts from dks1 so it doesn't have its own identity

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@Chutebox said:

All equally awesome.

but really this ^^

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@thehig1 said:

The first souls game you play is normally the one someone will find most difficult and most satisfying.

I wished people would stop regurgitating this, it doesn't hold water. I played all the 'Souls game in order of release and like DS1 better than DeS, Bloodborne better than DS2 or DS3, and DS3 better than DS2.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#18 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

DS1>DS3>BB>>>DS2

never did play Demons Souls

first three are all very close. DS1 would probably be at the bottom of that top three if I didn't play it first

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@skektek said:
@thehig1 said:

I wished people would stop regurgitating this, it doesn't hold water. I played all the 'Souls game in order of release and like DS1 better than DeS, Bloodborne better than DS2 or DS3, and DS3 better than DS2.

its a generalisation, there are exceptions.

I see playing Dark Souls sequels like the term "chasing the dragon" although its actually term about hard use of heroin, its a metaphor about chasing your first high.

Huh, I've just compared Dark Souls to heroin lol

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Demon's Souls

Bloodborne

Dark Souls 1

Dark Souls 3

Dark Souls 2

I miss the mysterious part of Demon's Souls that wasn't present in the sequels. Bloodborne has the best world/art direction and DLC. The story of BB is also more interesting than Dark and Demon's souls.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 silversix_

@kvally said:

1. Demon's Souls

2. Dark Souls

3. Dark Souls 3

4. Dark Souls 2

5. Bloodborne

Butthurt

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Demon's Souls

Bloodborne

Dark Souls 1

Dark Souls 3

Dark Souls 2

I miss the mysterious part of Demon's Souls that wasn't present in the sequels. Bloodborne has the best world/art direction and DLC. The story of BB is also more interesting than Dark and Demon's souls.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@kvally said:

1. Demon's Souls

2. Dark Souls

3. Dark Souls 3

4. Dark Souls 2

5. Bloodborne

Butthurt

No, I am not butthurt. I own the game, and the game is great, albeit tough. I just happened to start with Demon Souls, then followed all the lore with Dark Souls. Not sure why you would insinuate that I would be upset? Bloodborne is in my top 10 games of all time on the PlayStation brand. From Software nailed it and did an awesome job with it. So much so that I got stuck about 3 quarters of the way through it, but I will continue to work my way through. I have actually been playing DS3 and BB at the same time.

You can't go wrong with FROM, that is for sure.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14827 Posts

How about a real objective list....

1. Scholar of the First Sin

2. Demon Souls

3. Dark Souls

4. Bloodborne

5. Dark Souls II

6. Dark Souls III

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By texasgoldrush

@drummerdave9099 said:

I had a college roomate who adored Dark Souls, and got me into it. Said it was the perfect game. Had so much replayability, so much to explore, and had the perfect feel of progression.

He then bought Dark Souls 2 and played a lot of it, and told me it was a turd compared to the original because of the level design and it lacked the same feeling of progression.

My first Souls game was 2 SOTFS. I loved it. I loved Majula. I loved finding everything. I will agree the level design and environments didn't sell me a ton. I disagree on the progression though. When I play games I like having a "house" and Majula was great for that.

I'm playing Dark Souls for real for the first time now. Farthest I had gotten before was a couple bosses in. Last night I beat the Pinwheel boss. I think the level design is superior. The enemy design is equal, I wish it had a little more variety from what I've seen so far. And the bosses are far superior.

The thing about the first Dark Souls is the highs are high but the lows are low.

For example, Ornstein and Smough is regarded by many as the best boss in the series, but Bed of Chaos is regarded as the worst in the series.

Do not confuse level design with world design. DS1 had better world design, but DS2, and definitely SOTFS has better level design.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#26 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

1. Dark Souls

2. Bloodborne

3. Demon's Souls

4. Dark Souls II

Havent played DS3 yet but I will, oh I will

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@texasgoldrush said:

The thing about the first Dark Souls is the highs are high but the lows are low.

For example, Ornstein and Smough is regarded by many as the best boss in the series, but Bed of Chaos is regarded as the worst in the series.

Do not confuse level design with world design. DS1 had better world design, but DS2, and definitely SOTFS has better level design.

You could tell they were running out of time and rushed Lost Izalith and Demon Ruins. Demon Firesage was a clone of a boss that had been done twice before. The Demon Ruins has an area filled with Taurus Demons out in the open. That's very uncharacteristic of the game. Reused Capra and Taurus demons designs for lesser monsters. Lost Izalith is littered with the lower half of undead dragons. They are placed randomly all over the place. Complete shit fight with Bed of Chaos. Not even a boos fight. Closer to a crappy puzzle.

Contrast that to the brilliance of Anor Londo and Painted World of Ariamis. They clearly rushed some areas.

CuckofTreason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CuckofTreason
Member since 2016 • 27 Posts

@casharmy said:
@freedomfreak said:

1. Demon's Souls

2. Dark Souls

3. Bloodborne

4. Dark Souls 3

5. Dark Souls 2

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I haven't played Bloodborne so I'll exclude it.

1. Dark Souls

2. Demon Souls

3. Dark Souls 3

4. Dark Souls 2

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 texasgoldrush

@Juub1990 said:
@texasgoldrush said:

You could tell they were running out of time and rushed Lost Izalith and Demon Ruins. Demon Firesage was a clone of a boss that had been done twice before. The Demon Ruins has an area filled with Taurus Demons out in the open. That's very uncharacteristic of the game. Reused Capra and Taurus demons designs for lesser monsters. Lost Izalith is littered with the lower half of undead dragons. They are placed randomly all over the place. Complete shit fight with Bed of Chaos. Not even a boos fight. Closer to a crappy puzzle.

Contrast that to the brilliance of Anor Londo and Painted World of Ariamis. They clearly rushed some areas.

This, and it shows. The Duke's Archives and the Tomb of the Giants aren't winners as well, and the Atorias of the Abyss areas were cut from the main game.

The game could have used a remix like what Dark Souls II main game got. It changed how levels played.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

1. Demon's Souls

2. Dark Souls 2

3. Dark souls

4. Dark Souls 3

5. Bloodborne

Though my order can quite often change a little!

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

Rank the Souls games

No.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

First of all I think that they are all great games.

1. Dark Souls 2, especially SotFS
Dark Souls 2 has the most refined gameplay. Everything about the system is improved from the previous souls games; attack animations, controls (including frame data for movements and basic actions), the hitboxes, movement itself, and more. The PvP is the most balanced in the series, rewarding the most diverse play styles.

2. Demon's Souls
The very first time playing through this game cannot be matched by others in the series. It is still rewarding and reasonably challenging to play. PvP was ok, bar the backstab setups. Coop was a blast in this game and I think more people should play this game to this day. Additionally, the story/setting in this game was convincing and probably the best in the series.

3. Bloodborne
Uses completely new content and has a unique setting. The gameplay style is sharply differentiated from the souls games, but it is still familiar enough to be considered one of the games in the series. It has a solid system that makes sense given the new style. The online is clever, reinforcing the players' need to actually figure the game out rather than to have people rush them through.

4. Dark Souls 1
It was nice to play more souls action after Demon's Souls. Some of the new content in this game is unmatched, namely the entire archives and the boss battle with Seath. PvP in the forest was pretty fun when it was very active, but some of the glitches ruined most of the interactions in PvP like the backstab glitches.

5. Dark Souls 3
Still a great game, but it is a step back in every regard gameplay wise from Dark Souls 2. PvE coop is very fun in this game and the areas are massive and scaled well to difficulty, but PvP in this game is not enjoyable. There are basically only three good weapons to use for PvP and anything else renders you totally vulnerable to these weapons. Add the fact that magic is only good for PvE, and is useless in PvP.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#34 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

1. Dark Souls.

2. Dark Souls 2.

3. Demon's Souls.

4. Dark Souls 3.

5. Bloodborne.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

1. Dark Souls

2. Bloodborne

3. Dark Souls 3

4. Demon's Souls

5. Dark Souls 2

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Demon Souls - haven't played

Dark Souls 1 - Got bored

Dark Souls 2 - didn't play

Dark Souls 3 - didn't play

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

1 demons souls 2 bloodborne 3 dark souls 4 dark souls 3 5 dark souls 2 for me

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

1. Dark Souls - My first Souls game and one of my all time favorite games. Loved the combat, enemies, level design, lore, everything.

2. Demon's Souls - Second Souls game. Great atmosphere, great game in general.

3. Dark Souls II - Boring as shit. Haven't tried the dlc though.

Haven't played Bloodborne or Dark Souls III yet, but I will.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

1.DS1

2. Demons, would be 1 if you could skip cutscenes

3.DS2/BB, bloodborne could've been #1 if not for the complete lack of build variety.

4. Piece of turd. Ahem, I mean ds3. Dark Souls 3 is the videogame Star wars 7

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#40 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@kvally said:
@silversix_ said:
@kvally said:

1. Demon's Souls

2. Dark Souls

3. Dark Souls 3

4. Dark Souls 2

5. Bloodborne

Butthurt

No, I am not butthurt. I own the game, and the game is great, albeit tough. I just happened to start with Demon Souls, then followed all the lore with Dark Souls. Not sure why you would insinuate that I would be upset? Bloodborne is in my top 10 games of all time on the PlayStation brand. From Software nailed it and did an awesome job with it. So much so that I got stuck about 3 quarters of the way through it, but I will continue to work my way through. I have actually been playing DS3 and BB at the same time.

Its complete anus-brain logic. Just because someone may prefer all the other Souls games over Bloodborne doesn't equate to that person NOT liking Bloodborne or saying it isn't a superb game.

If anyone is Butthurt its silversix_ why else would he be compelled to make that reply about your personal rankings of great games?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cainetao11

Of the ones I played, Dark Souls, Demons Souls, Bloodborne.

I lost interest in them. Its a tired ass formula imo. Superb games but A) I don't like my limited gaming time to feel like work and that's what they have become for me. Just don't have fun with them anymore. B) I never found the combat in these games fluid or fun to control like a Bayonetta or Ninja Gaiden 1&2. Those are more fun to chain combos. The only thing about Souls game combat is the very real chance of dying anywhere and losing your collected souls. It makes it compelling but slash, block/dodge roll is about the jist of the depth.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 silversix_

@cainetao11 said:
@kvally said:
@silversix_ said:
@kvally said:

1. Demon's Souls

2. Dark Souls

3. Dark Souls 3

4. Dark Souls 2

5. Bloodborne

Butthurt

Its complete anus-brain logic. Just because someone may prefer all the other Souls games over Bloodborne doesn't equate to that person NOT liking Bloodborne or saying it isn't a superb game.

If anyone is Butthurt its silversix_ why else would he be compelled to make that reply about your personal rankings of great games?

You're butthurt as well, stop denying it. And don't insult my logic as "anus-brain", its impolite.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 cainetao11

@silversix_ said:
@cainetao11 said:
@kvally said:
@silversix_ said:
@kvally said:

1. Demon's Souls

2. Dark Souls

3. Dark Souls 3

4. Dark Souls 2

5. Bloodborne

Butthurt

You're butthurt as well, stop denying it. And don't insult my logic as "anus-brain", its impolite.

How is it not?

He didn't say Bloodborne is a bad game. He gave his opinion on ranking them. I don't agree and personally I rank Bloodborne higher. But how is it "butthurt" to prefer the other games, including PS3 exclusive Demons Souls over Bloodborne? LMAO

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#44 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
  1. Demon's Souls
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Bloodborne
  4. Dark Souls 3
  5. Dark Souls 2
Itzsfo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Itzsfo0
Member since 2009 • 807 Posts

@and1salttape: actually I played Dark Souls (original) last

it has the best enviroment, DS3 lacks the challenge, and also I didnt enjoy the more streamlined/mainstream combat mechanics (a big change that I dont even NEED to mention) it has nothing to do with Nostalgia (even the pro reviewers, and OTHER game developers with an open mind/no bias) will pick Dark Souls

I will pick Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2 - before I would 3 - DS3 is still a great game (better then most others non-Souls) but Bloodborne, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2 are far better imo - then again nobody is right or wrong, but dont sit here and act like "oh its only nostalgia' how can it be nostalgia for me when I played Dark Souls in 2016 ? lol I played it LAST (and you'd think I'd like it the least) but i find the immersion, atmosphere, melancholy, and world/enviroment (its LESS disjointed DS3 and DS2 = enviroments are disjointed, an ugly mess (most consider DS2 to be complete trash and a joke) I dont hate DS2, but its nothing compared to DS1/original. Demons souls is by far the most challenging, and Dark Souls is by far the most immersive. If you call DS original flawed, then what the hell is DS3...DS3 LACKs the Souls charm (and many w would agree, and nostalgia does not play a factor in that opinion). Just opinion. I will never put DS3 above BB, DS2, or DS. Infact I put DS3 at the very bottom (still a good game, all 5 soulsborne games are good, better then average) but DS3 seems shorter, smaller, almost like From Software was like "zzzz...wanna get through this development quick as possible..." lol

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

DS1

Nioh(pre DLC and excluding the artificial difficulty modes)

Bloodborne

Demon's Souls

DS3

DS2

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

1. Dark Souls

2. Dark Souls 2

3. Demon Souls

4. Don't care

5. Don't care

People complain about Call of Duty fatigue every year, but the souls games is the first game series that I have officially burnt out on. I think I'm halfway through Dark Souls 3 at this point, and I stopped playing about a couple weeks ago. It's fine for what it is, but I've seriously gotten my fill with that style of game.