Rank All (main) Deus Ex Games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24847 Posts

Hello

so my dear friends lets rank all 4 main Deus Ex games from best to worst.

for me

1. Deus Ex 1 - by far and away best. and one of the best game of all time.

2. Deus Ex Human Revolution - It was best game of last generation and one of the best comeback. a truly amazing follow up to original game

3. Deus Ex Mankind Divided - Weaker of both prequels but still one of the best game of 2016. it should have been better than HR if content not cut into half and wouldnot have microtransactions.

4. Deus Ex invisible wars - By far and away worst. every game has black sheep and deus ex has IW. only game in series which i never bother to complete.

How do you rank all 4 Deus Ex games from best to worst?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

I'll put HR and MD over the rest since they don't look and play like ass.

Had a fella going on to me about replaying the first one, but installing a bunch of mods. That isn't great. It's like wearing a wig when you're actually bald. You're lying to people.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The original is rated the highest. I couldn't figure out what made me like the original so much more than the sequels. Until someone mentioned the multiple ways you can approach something for the 100th time. Then it suddenly made sense. In the sequels they almost insult your intelligence. Alternate paths are glaringly obvious and essentially you just pick the route out of the 3 or 5 that you can take because you unlocked the right perks. The original never felt that way back when I played it like 10 years ago.

The skill system probably sucked ass but it felt more analogue (not every skill had an on/off switch), and the levels felt more clever.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@freedomfreak said:

what? original still play excellent.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
  1. Deus Ex
  2. Human Revolution
  3. Invisible War

Haven't played mankind divided yet.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
  1. Deus Ex
  2. Human Revolution
  3. Invisible War
    Haven't played mankind divided yet.

Same exact thing.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#7 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

Can't say, only played and still haven't beat Human Revolution (Wii U Director's Cut) yet.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I haven't played the original so im excluding it.

DeusEx:MD

DeusEx:HR

DeusEx:IW

DeusEx:MD is awesome. Haters can **** off.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

I beat Human revolution and wasn't that impressed. Played mankind divided and have been pretty dissaponted.. the stealth and shooting is all pretty poor and the level design is pitiful.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

1) Deus Ex

2) Deus Ex: Human Revolution (what it lacked in terms of openness, it made up for in terms of atmosphere, world design, and set pieces)

3) Deus Ex: Invisible War (a let down in comparison to the first, but still an excellent game overall with some genuinely great moments)

4) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (a let down on all fronts, still good but the formula has aged horribly considering this is a 2016 game)

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#11 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

TC got the ranking right though I haven't played Invisible Wars.

Mankind Divided was a bit underwhelming honestly, outside of level design it didn't do anything particularly well

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 silversix_

@organic_machine said:

1) Deus Ex

2) Deus Ex: Human Revolution (what it lacked in terms of openness, it made up for in terms of atmosphere, world design, and set pieces)

3) Deus Ex: Invisible War (a let down in comparison to the first, but still an excellent game overall with some genuinely great moments)

4) Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (a let down on all fronts, still good but the formula has aged horribly considering this is a 2016 game)

I hear this a lot but what exactly did you expect them to do? You should be thankful for them retaining the same formula instead of making some kind of run n gun Crysis/CoD hybrid... If they changed the formula and made it more straight forward, the game would've received a shitstorm of hate from the fans. They kept it EXACTLY as it once was and people are bitchin'. Maybe its not the formula but you that is tired of it (which isn't the fault of the game).

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#13 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

Can't rate MD yet, but for the rest:

HR

Original

IW

And frankly, the original I only barely put above IW. I don't care what people say, the original is not a good game. I consider it rather mediocre even for its time. It's stealth, gun play, AI, and RPG elements all heavily inferior to games released before it. It is a jack of all trades at best. I just can't forgive all the massive weaknesses it had that by the point in time were already addressed in other games.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@organic_machine said:

1) Deus Ex

I hear this a lot but what exactly did you expect them to do? You should be thankful for them retaining the same formula instead of making some kind of run n gun Crysis/CoD hybrid... If they changed the formula and made it more straight forward, the game would've received a shitstorm of hate from the fans. They kept it EXACTLY as it once was and people are bitchin'. Maybe its not the formula but you that is tired of it (which isn't the fault of the game).

No it's the fault of lazy developers creating samey games and not innovating or generating new content and ideas.

This is common for games released on consoles.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 silversix_

@PinchySkree said:
@silversix_ said:
@organic_machine said:

1) Deus Ex

No it's the fault of lazy developers creating samey games and not innovating or generating new content and ideas.

This is common for games released on consoles.

lol i assure you, if they were to change ANYTHING, the fans would've crucified them. But the game sold poorly so the next deusex will be casualised for the masses and then you will see your "different game" which will also include a shitstorm of fans bitchin' because the game doesn't feel like DeusEx anymore. You'll see.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

Human Revolution was overrated even by 2011 standards, I had no desire play the latest sequel, gameplay footage I've seen sucks; why rank shit?

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15541 Posts

All of them are the worst games ever, 0/10 series.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#18 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

Far and away your best thread.

Deus Ex

Deus ex Mankind Divided

Deus Ex invisible war

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Now, Imo all are amazing, fun games. I think invisible war gets a bad rap. Great game.

HR is too. But I got more annoyed at parts.

My only complaint is, ENOUGH with giving me this cool looking protagonist that does amazing shit in trailers, but in gameplay I press B or circle to watch a cinematic. It's 2016. Make it hands on for fuks sake.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cainetao11

@KungfuKitten: I'm an idiot then. I can only find 75 ways to approach something in subsequent entries and being I play a lot of vidya games I never tackle all of them anyway. All those other Deus ex are shit!!!!

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Had a fella going on to me about replaying the first one, but installing a bunch of mods. That isn't great. It's like wearing a wig when you're actually bald. You're lying to people.

The only mod you'll need these days is GMDX. I don't feel like going into detail, but in a nutshell it enhances, improves and fixes the game in so many ways that it basically is a remake. You can get GMDX 8.0 right now, or wait for the december release of GMDX 9.0 which will focus more on better artistic direction and a whole bunch of extra polish.

That analogy you've made is bullshit. Inform yourself. GMDX stays true to the game envisioned by the developers - it's the same idea, the same theme, the same atmosphere, the same identity, just with better graphics, better AI, better gunplay, better user interface, no bugs, better stealth, better animations, better sounds and a whole bunch of mechanics polished up to modern standards. You can check everything GMDX offers with its video presentations of each aspect - here's part one.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

Why? Also, none of us here are your friend, Sniper.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#23 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Deus Ex

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Deus Ex: Invisible War

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

@silversix_ said:

lol i assure you, if they were to change ANYTHING, the fans would've crucified them. But the game sold poorly so the next deusex will be casualised for the masses and then you will see your "different game" which will also include a shitstorm of fans bitchin' because the game doesn't feel like DeusEx anymore. You'll see.

Come on, the game sold poorly because it's unfinished and features tacked on microtransactions. Apparently the plot was mediocre and unmemorable, all in all, these things add up to give Mankind Divided a negative aura that led to poor reception from fans.

I've seen this happen so many times in the past, and in recent times like with Dragon Age: Inquisition and Gears of War 4, that it's become a sort of pattern. Games with a strong presentation but weak ass content that's safe, predictable and by-the-numbers; esentially designed to appeal to a wide demographic, get nice reception from critics, but soon get forgotten as months pass by and ultimately get labeled as the mediocre games they are.

Human Revolution was a nice homage to the original, and a complete package. That's why it will always be remembered as a great game.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

Good Games > Invisible War

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 silversix_

@Lucianu said:
@silversix_ said:

Come on, the game sold poorly because it's unfinished and features tacked on microtransactions. Apparently the plot was mediocre and unmemorable, all in all, these things add up to give Mankind Divided a negative aura that led to poor reception from fans.

I've seen this happen so many times in the past, and in recent times like with Dragon Age: Inquisition and Gears of War 4, that it's become a sort of pattern. Games with a strong presentation but weak ass content that's safe, predictable and by-the-numbers; esentially designed to appeal to a wide demographic, get nice reception from critics, but soon get forgotten as months pass by and ultimately get labeled as the mediocre games they are.

Human Revolution was a nice homage to the original, and a complete package. That's why it will always be remembered as a great game.

microtransactions add nothing to the game, complaining about them is dumb. the plot isn't mediocre, its just less dramatic compared to the others. I don't know how could you put DA:I *which i hated for your stated reasons* and DeusEx:MD in the same boat. MD improved on everything HR had and its a bad game because it has microtransactions that you could and should ignore and a story that isn't as "big" as the one from HR? I don't think so. Side quests on their own are better than anything in HR.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cainetao11

@silversix_:

lol i assure you, if they were to change ANYTHING, the fans would've crucified them. But the game sold poorly so the next deusex will be casualised for the masses and then you will see your "different game" which will also include a shitstorm of fans bitchin' because the game doesn't feel like DeusEx anymore. You'll see"

So much edge

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghosts4ever

@Lucianu said:
@silversix_ said:

The thing that ruined mankind divided is its end into half, story is terrible and only make up for sequel. entire game is just to set up sequel and we waited long long enough for this.

gameplay wise, its incredible and Id say best in series. shame about shitty practice and greed done by square enix and I HOPE next Deus Ex will not be about Adam jensen and will be vastly different.

otherwise I still love this game. its incredible and one of the best game in years to me. its kinda irony that MGS5 is also unfinish game that has final part cut yet it get free pass and Deus Ex criticize.

XBBeatsPSPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 XBBeatsPSPC
Member since 2017 • 12 Posts

Ok, Doom, Doom, Doom and Doom