Rage 2 score better than Days gone

• 144 results
#101 Posted by uninspiredcup (32786 posts) -

That Polygon review was like reading someone have a mental breakdown.

What the **** was that?

#102 Posted by freedomfreak (51141 posts) -

It's like Mad Max meets Doom. Wish the protagonist didn't sound like a 17 year old.

#103 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30719 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

That Polygon review was like reading someone have a mental breakdown.

What the **** was that?

These "shooty shooty bang bang" games are waaaaaaaay deeper than just shooting and driving (and shooting while driving).

#104 Posted by madrocketeer (6234 posts) -

@uninspiredcup:

Had a quick look now that you mentioned it. There isn't one - they haven't published one yet, and I can't find it on the site or in Metacritic's aggregation.

Instead, I found an essay from someone getting offended over a bit of enemy design, despite the same article clearly quoting the developers that it was not their intention. Sigh.

Just another internet obsessive misinterpreting creative works through their own obsessions and biases instead of their original intent, just to go out of their way to dig up something to get mad about. The internet is infested with them.

#105 Posted by DaVillain- (36044 posts) -

I change my mind. I went ahead and buy Rage 2 PC only because it was only $40 on CDKey and I just couldn't past that deal up! Glad I saw it for dirt cheap. Once I spend some time with the game, I'll comeback later and comment on it.

#106 Edited by MortalDecayX (101 posts) -

It's a shame Rage 2 looks like a last gen game...

It's a fun game, but I'm really disappointed about that.

Days Gone is a fantastic game, no matter what score it got.

#107 Posted by henrythefifth (2219 posts) -

I've stopped trying to make sense of 'professional' scoring of games. On GameSpot and elsewhere. These scores seem to depend as much on the mood and whim of the reviewers, as they do on the actual merits of the game...

They might as well start rolling D10 for the final scores.

#108 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -
Loading Video...

Worth a buy seems to like it too. and he is waayy too harsh.

#109 Posted by getyeryayasout (12263 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: He says combat is better than Doom. I hadn't planned on picking it up, but I think I've changed my mind.

#110 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

@ghosts4ever: He says combat is better than Doom. I hadn't planned on picking it up, but I think I've changed my mind.

I doubt combat is even close to Doom let alone. he is too overreacting. Doom Eternal is going to blow this game away.

otherwise this game just show the quality difference between id and avalanche. 10 percent part of id that is combat is good. remaining version of part of avalanche is bad.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#111 Posted by SuperfluousReal (235 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Oh wells, at least Resident Evil 2 came out.

RE2 is good. not RE7 good or Metro exodus good.

Most people agree it's better than both of these games.

It's characters are also significantly more attractive.

LOL.

character wise RE2 is worst of all 3.

RE7 has great story and Metro Exodus has phenomena story and memorable characters not to mention the best finale in gaming in long time.

RE7 is straight trash.

#112 Posted by VFighter (4801 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Don't all their reviews/articles read like that?

#113 Posted by DaVillain- (36044 posts) -

Rage 2 has already been cracked because Bethesda only put Denuvo DRM on Steam version but forgot to put Denuvo on the version from their launcher which is hilarious. Glad I got Rage 2 from CDKey for only $40 and play it on Bethesda Launcher so yeah, I kill two birds with one stone on this one.

As for the game itself, it definitely plays like Doom 2016, I just wish I can rip my enemies to sheds with my bare hands in a way. I wasn't expecting much, but so far, PC version seems optimize and right now, I'm enjoying it more then I thought I would.

#114 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1191 posts) -

Game doesn’t even have HDR.

Wtf year are we in?

This game screams HDR.

I’ll buy it perhaps on a deep sale.

#115 Posted by adamosmaki (10713 posts) -

Is this the game you were praising left and right and randomly you were saying it was gonna be better than Witcher 3?

#116 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (3394 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

You talked about this game quite a bit, ghost. And it outscoring Days Gone isn't the best of accomplishments.

This is what they call "saving face."

#117 Posted by xhawk27 (11188 posts) -

Rage 2 is a lot better than Days Trash.

#118 Posted by blueinheaven (4438 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:

How the f*** would you know? You wouldn't play a Sony exclusive if your life depended on it. You don't even have a PS4 you're another MS marketing shill crawling out from under your slimy log to attack a VASTLY superior platform on the behest of your masters.

I haven't played either game yet, just pointing out to the world at large that you're a completely pointless Xbox fanboy cretin. Doing the world a service you might say.

#119 Edited by xhawk27 (11188 posts) -

@blueinheaven said:
@xhawk27 said:

How the f*** would you know? You wouldn't play a Sony exclusive if your life depended on it. You don't even have a PS4 you're another MS marketing shill crawling out from under your slimy log to attack a VASTLY superior platform on the behest of your masters.

I haven't played either game yet, just pointing out to the world at large that you're a completely pointless Xbox fanboy cretin. Doing the world a service you might say.

Yeah like all the PS4 fanboy cretins that don't have an Xbox but still say all it's games are trash. I am only doing the same, so you should call them out too. The Vastly superior platform is the X1X.

Face it Days gone isn't a good game. lol

#120 Edited by mrbojangles25 (43781 posts) -

I am enjoying the fun. I do much better with open-world games if they don't pretend their side-missions and activities are all important and they're honest that it's just dumb fun. And that's exactly the case with Rage 2; it's just simple fun...go kill enemies, loot, repeat.

It's like if Papa Borderlands and Mama Far Cry had a kid, but spent a lot of time with its cool Uncle Doom.

Biggest disappointment are the visuals, but I think that's just how things are going to be; we are at that "end-of-life" phase for current-gen consoles where there's no point in pushing the limit, making things look better, so games are probably going to be fugly for a year or two. A shame they don't develop for PC then dumb the visuals down for console.

#121 Posted by dxmcat (2567 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

Source

6/10.

was not expecting it some kind of amazing game or GOTY or masterpiece but didnot expect it to be 6/10 too. was expecting 7ish or 8.

My hype was slowly down for this game when i heard that id software is only assisting that and its only id software B team. game is primilary being develop by just cause/mad max developers and guess i was right.

only shooting is great. shooting and movement. rest of game is not. still expecing fun shooter to hold me till Doom Eternal.

I remember when id software fully made more than one SP game.

LOL-thesda.

#122 Posted by Vaeh (439 posts) -

They removed Denuvo from the Steam release in today's patch.

#123 Posted by blueinheaven (4438 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@xhawk27 said:

Yeah like all the PS4 fanboy cretins that don't have an Xbox but still say all it's games are trash. I am only doing the same, so you should call them out too. The Vastly superior platform is the X1X.

Face it Days gone isn't a good game. lol

There is nothing vastly superior about a console that only has multiplats that all look and play better on PC.

I will call out anyone who trashes games they haven't played, whatever their preferred platform. Reviews of Days Gone and player reaction strongly disagree with your assessment of a game you know fucking nothing about.

Let's face it, you're an idiot.

#124 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1191 posts) -

How can a game like Rage 2 not come with HDR?

Seriously wtf year is this?

#126 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

I changed the difficulty from hard to nightmare. it appears that hard is too easy that i never once died and im in my mid playthrough, nightmare is too hard that you die alot.

incredibly unbalanced difficulty system,

#127 Edited by That_Old_Guy (1191 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: are you talking about that reviewer that said he felt bad bc all the bad guys had cleft lips and the reviewer has a cleft lip?

Bc it’s not hard to empathize with the guy. From what I understand he didn’t say he docked it any points for it and wasn’t trying to be a SJW of any sorts.

It’s the same as the stereotype in...well everything that nerds and dorks where glasses.

He’s just expressing that it sucked.

I heard people were ripping on the guy for it.

Fucking swear sometimes I wish the gaming community would just disappear.

#128 Edited by uninspiredcup (32786 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

@uninspiredcup: are you talking about that reviewer that said he felt bad bc all the bad guys had cleft lips and the reviewer has a cleft lip?

Bc it’s not hard to empathize with the guy. From what I understand he didn’t say he docked it any points for it and wasn’t trying to be a SJW of any sorts.

It’s the same as the stereotype in...well everything that nerds and dorks where glasses.

Having a fatty use chocolate to befriend Sloth was wrong.

His mother was very abusive. But at least he was Superman.

#129 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@that_old_guy said:

I think polygon reviewer may be not pleased by fighting bunch of ugly bra wearing women in this game.

and i personally dont like shooting them too.

#130 Posted by uninspiredcup (32786 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@that_old_guy said:

I think polygon reviewer may be not pleased by fighting bunch of ugly bra wearing women in this game.

Shooting woman in the face is definitely wrong.

It should have been privileged males who look like The Quartering. and Mister Metokur.

Games NEED to be political.

#131 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@that_old_guy said:

It should have been privileged males who look like The Quartering. and Mister Metokur.

If it was id software game, it would not be pink wacky wacky game where you shoot women in bra.

it would be serious tone like original Rage had or tone that Doom have.

#132 Posted by uninspiredcup (32786 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@that_old_guy said:

If it was id software game, it would not be pink wacky wacky game where you shoot women in bra.

it would be serious tone like original Rage had or tone that Doom have.

Someone gifted Blood: Fresh Supply, seemed like lucked out.

Poor saps paying X5 the price for this jobby.

#133 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

its not bad. the FPS part made by id software is good. just everything else made by avalanche is crap.

its just a game to hold the time till Doom Eternal will release. the real masterpiece.

#134 Edited by VFighter (4801 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: You decently have mental,issues, please go see a therapist.

#135 Posted by Macutchi (6695 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

its not bad. the FPS part made by id software is good. just everything else made by avalanche is crap.

its just a game to hold the time till Doom Eternal will release. the real masterpiece.

we know avalanche was the primary developer, do we know exactly what involvement id had? if the rest is so bad wouldn't they have intervened?

#136 Posted by dg1995 (18 posts) -

So far Rage 2 is a failure on PC. MORDHAU has destroyed it on pc.

#137 Posted by Calvincfb (943 posts) -

Wolfenstein>>>>>>>>>>>>>rage.

#138 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1191 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: I didn’t read the review only heard about that one part.

I was strictly addressing that but if he goes full SJW or some shit, then I guess I can’t argue.

You kill innocent people in the Russian airport in MW2 and reviewers loved that game.

#139 Posted by gtx021 (342 posts) -

gtx 1070 vs console,shame on pc

#140 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

just beat Rage 2. if it was not for id software gunplay. i would have rated it 1/10. one of the most bland, dull and uninspired and generic open world game ever made save by awesome id software gunplay. so i rate it 6/10. fairly decent.

level design is terrible,

missions are terrible

story is laugably bad

characters are bad

driving is terrible

graphics/visual are terrible

too easy

and thats all avalanche part.

id part is only gunplay and thats amazing.

#141 Posted by Macutchi (6695 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

just beat Rage 2. if it was not for id software gunplay. i would have rated it 1/10. one of the most bland, dull and uninspired and generic open world game ever made save by awesome id software gunplay. so i rate it 6/10. fairly decent.

level design is terrible,

missions are terrible

story is laugably bad

characters are bad

driving is terrible

graphics/visual are terrible

too easy

and thats all avalanche part.

id part is only gunplay and thats amazing.

i like how you absolve id from any blame whatsoever.

for a game that's "one of the most bland, dull and uninspired and generic" and in which everything other than the gunplay is either "bad," "terrible" or "laughable" 6/10 seems incredibly generous

#142 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@Macutchi said:

why id have to blame when thier role is only oversees? and assisting avalanche who create the entire game??

all they do is save a game from complete mess that avalanche created.

#143 Posted by Macutchi (6695 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

why id have to blame when thier role is only oversees? and assisting avalanche who create the entire game??

if they're overseeing and assisting on a game that turns out to be shit, they're culpable to some degree, no? otherwise what's the f*cking point of overseeing and assisting?

#144 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

if they're overseeing and assisting on a game that turns out to be shit, they're culpable to some degree, no? otherwise what's the f*cking point of overseeing and assisting?

because bethesda told them? because tim willits the id boss want rage 2 when rest of id software team has been working on Doom Eternal after the release of Doom.

its because of thier assisting. game turn out fairly decent otherwise it would be among the worst ever. the only good part that is shooting.

#145 Posted by Macutchi (6695 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

because bethesda told them? because tim willits the id boss want rage 2 when rest of id software team has been working on Doom Eternal after the release of Doom.

its because if thier assisting. game turn out fairly decent otherwise it would be among the worst ever. the only good part that is shooting.

and the award for world's biggest id fanboy goes to...

#146 Posted by Vaeh (439 posts) -

id software can't make Quake and Rage 2. Avalanche has been fully exposed.