Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

Source

6/10.

was not expecting it some kind of amazing game or GOTY or masterpiece but didnot expect it to be 6/10 too. was expecting 7ish or 8.

My hype was slowly down for this game when i heard that id software is only assisting that and its only id software B team. game is primilary being develop by just cause/mad max developers and guess i was right.

only shooting is great. shooting and movement. rest of game is not. still expecing fun shooter to hold me till Doom Eternal.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

5 Dayzz Gone, gets rekt. lol

TCHBO. :P

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Well just like Days Gone this score is all over the place at the moment. You get a 6 here while IGN gave it an 8. So yeah it's somewhere between a 6 and 8 score so far.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever

@speedytimsi said:

@ghosts4ever: Well just like Days Gone this score is all over the place at the moment. You get a 6 here while IGN gave it an 8. So yeah it's somewhere between a 6 and 8 score so far.

days gone also got 6 from IGN while this got 8.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

Oh you, always comparing games you hyped for years to games you absolutely have no intention of playing, and are just in a vicious circle of hate about.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

You talked about this game quite a bit, ghost. And it outscoring Days Gone isn't the best of accomplishments.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

lol days gone can't catch a break.

@ghosts4ever said:
@speedytimsi said:

days gone also got a 6 from Destructoid while this got a 8.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58937 Posts

Oh wells, at least Resident Evil 2 came out.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

was not expecting it some kind of amazing game or GOTY or masterpiece

Uh, yes. You were. And it was annoying as hell.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

Oh you, always comparing games you hyped for years to games you absolutely have no intention of playing, and are just in a vicious circle of hate about.

I was hype when it was announced. because i though its joint production game until i heard that its avalanche game with id software B team is just assisting them and my hype went down and fromt that i was expecting it to be just good/fun game.

I definitely will play it. dont care about score at all.

on other hand, nice sig. Metro Exodus not only best game of 2019 so far but also one of the best FPS this gen..

@nethernova said:
@ghosts4ever said:

was not expecting it some kind of amazing game or GOTY or masterpiece

Uh, yes. You were. And it was annoying as hell.

I guess you confused rage 2 with Doom Eternal. was expecting it to be good and most scores are 8 just GS score is 6.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

RE2 is good. not RE7 good or Metro exodus good.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#14 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58937 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Most people agree it's better than both of these games.

It's characters are also significantly more attractive.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Most people agree it's better than both of these games.

It's characters are also significantly more attractive.

LOL.

character wise RE2 is worst of all 3.

RE7 has great story and Metro Exodus has phenomena story and memorable characters not to mention the best finale in gaming in long time.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ghosts4ever: You're right, RE2 isn't as good as REU or Metro, its leagues better. RE2 is a master piece while the other two you mentioned, well they're average.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By speedytimsi

@ghosts4ever said:
@speedytimsi said:

IGN game Days Gone a 6.5. But what do i know. I lost interest with IGN reviews when they gave Madden 19 an 8.9

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I was hype when it was announced. because i though its joint production game until i heard that its avalanche game with id software B team is just assisting them and my hype went down and fromt that i was expecting it to be just good/fun game.

I definitely will play it. dont care about score at all.

on other hand, nice sig. Metro Exodus not only best game of 2019 so far but also one of the best FPS this gen..

1. My Hype died down when I learned that they weren't using the ID tech engine. The ID tech engine is a beast, and is an absolute godsend in games like DOOM and Wolfenstein. Amazing performance with spectacular graphics.

2. Same here, I can still have fun in 6 and lower scoring games. Some 9 and 10 scoring games have bored me out of my skull before (the original AC scored a 9 here, GTA V scored 10 in many places, easily some of the worst games ever made... in their series)

3. Metro Exodus is friggin' brilliant. It's such a huge step up from the previous games and I love how good the guns sounds and that on the fly 'crysis' weapon adjustments. I just wish there was a mode where everyone is agressive towards you and you don't get punished for killing. Have you checked out New Game + for Metro yet?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@vfighter said:

@ghosts4ever: You're right, RE2 isn't as good as REU or Metro, its leagues better. RE2 is a master piece while the other two you mentioned, well they're average.

based on my rating i would have give

Metro Exodus - 9/10

Resident Evil 7 - 8/10

Resident Evil 2 - 7/10

all 3 are good games. but other two are great and one is simply decent.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

You hyped this game so much lol. Anyway capcom is still king this year.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghosts4ever
@Gamerno6666 said:

You hyped this game so much lol. Anyway capcom is still king this year.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/what-2019-games-you-are-expecting-a-masterpiece-33458056/

theres other games i am expecting to be good or great. Im expecting Rage 2 which is releasing in week a good game but certainly not masterpiece. there something i may not impressed by it. infact id style gunplay is only thing that make it good. so it will be great 8/10 game to me. and if it get more than 8 i will consider it overrated.

thats not what we call hype. expecting game good is not hype. it is 72 on metacritic which means its good which means its right. and it doesnot deserve more than that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:

1. My Hype died down when I learned that they weren't using the ID tech engine. The ID tech engine is a beast, and is an absolute godsend in games like DOOM and Wolfenstein. Amazing performance with spectacular graphics.

They should have used ID tech 6 and make it linear Doom like FPS with diverse level deigns instead of open world. i think id software do not care about Rage 2 after Rage 1 failed. but only bethesda want to establish its ip to compete in open world market.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k
@ghosts4ever said:

They should have used ID tech 6 and make it linear Doom like FPS with diverse level deigns instead of open world. i think id software do not care about Rage 2 after Rage 1 failed. but only bethesda want to establish its ip to compete in open world market.

Yup, they could still have all the biomes (desert, jungle, grassland, ...) but just cut out all the filler sidequest and Far Cry camp clearing and make it a linear game.

We've been beaten around the head with filler open world games now, give us some linear games again!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44151 Posts

Ouch. Was thinking of getting this sometime later on down the road as I have a ton of other things I’d like to get first but I think I’m going to have to re-evaluate that idea. At least Capcom has been absolutely killing it this year with the amazing Resident Evil 2 Remake and the fantastic Devil May Cry 5. Have the Monster Hunter World: Iceborne dlc to look forward to later on as well. This is definitely looking to be Capcom’s year.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Yup, they could still have all the biomes (desert, jungle, grassland, ...) but just cut out all the filler sidequest and Far Cry camp clearing and make it a linear game.

We've been beaten around the head with filler open world games now, give us some linear games again!

Doom Eternal. it will save gaming.

Linear FPS with amazing level design.

although i still think Rage 2 will be much better than wolfenstein games.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Yeah but your gaming opinions are on par with the crap I just unloaded in my toliet, so excuse me if that means jack squat to me and everyone else here lol.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

So the id part is great and the Avalanche part is crap. Exactly how I thought it would be. Told you, ghosts, told you.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

So the id part is great and the Avalanche part is crap. Exactly how I thought it would be. Told you, ghosts, told you.

and its not even id part. its id's B team part.

thats what i predict. shooting good. open world crap.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R4gn4r0k
@ghosts4ever said:

Well, the new wolfenstein (youngblood) is supposed to have an emphasis on gameplay, and less on cutscenes.

It should be something for you, as the gunplay in Wolfenstein is absolutely bonkers.

I'm not sure about Doom Eternal, I like the DOOM games but they do not have my favourite setting (every levels looks the same). What makes this new one stand out? Will we be visiting hell again? Killing the same monsters?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Well, the new wolfenstein (youngblood) is supposed to have an emphasis on gameplay, and less on cutscenes.

It should be something for you, as the gunplay in Wolfenstein is absolutely bonkers.

I'm not sure about Doom Eternal, I like the DOOM games but they do not have my favourite setting (every levels looks the same). What makes this new one stand out? Will we be visiting hell again? Killing the same monsters?

set on destroying earth? new engine? new gameplay mechanics like grappling a demon which looks amazing, no arena lockdown.

machinegames emphasize most of terrible cutscenes while id software emphasize more on amazing gameplay and game deisng.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 speedytimsi

So this game has the same score as Anthem?

Really Gamespot lol!!!!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Litchie
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

Yeah, I just remember you being hyped. I tried to kill your hype by going "but Avalanche is crap", but you were like "oooh, id makes the gunplay, **** yeah!"

As demonstrated with this game, not even id's gunplay can save Avalanche's incompetence.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#33 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

What a flop. And you hyped the hell out of it.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I'm happy this game is out so I wont see that stupid advert with that gurning face any more. Game looked pretty good but that picture has been annoying me for months.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@ghosts4ever said:

set on destroying earth? new engine? new gameplay mechanics like grappling a demon which looks amazing, no arena lockdown.

machinegames emphasize most of terrible cutscenes while id software emphasize more on amazing gameplay and game deisng.

yeah ok the grappling looks cool. But you are still fighting the same enemies as in 1990.

@Litchie said:

Yeah, I just remember you being hyped. I tried to kill your hype by going "but Avalanche is crap", but you were like "oooh, id makes the gunplay, **** yeah!"

As demonstrated with this game, not even id's gunplay can save Avalanche's incompetence.

I really can't understand what's going on at Avalanche. Why do they keep creating 2-3 average games at the same time, instead of putting all their effort into 1 really great game?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

you are acting like its bad. its not.

most reviews has been decent.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Litchie
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Litchie said:

I really can't understand what's going on at Avalanche. Why do they keep creating 2-3 average games at the same time, instead of putting all their effort into 1 really great game?

Probably the same reason why other developers keep making crap. They get more money that way.

Why do Disney keep pumping out unoriginal and crappy movies instead of something original and good? Why does popular music sound the same? Etc.

Creating something original and good takes money and effort. You can earn a shitload of cash by doing basically nothing? Yeah, then let's do that instead.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Meh, I'm just gonna buy Doom Eternal over Rage 2. Already played Mad Max game telling me I ain't missing much from Rage 2.

@DocSanchez said:

I'm happy this game is out so I wont see that stupid advert with that gurning face any more. Game looked pretty good but that picture has been annoying me for months.

And here I thought I was the only one who's annoyed by that ad. Gamespot sure loves it though -_-

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@davillain-: I have been seeing it everywhere no matter where I go thanks to tailored ads. It's the woman's face, it is fucking awful. I hate it.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

I think rage 2 will score a solid 8 across the board. It looks a big improvement over 1 it doesn't seem to be story based which might help it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Litchie
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

you are acting like its bad. its not.

most reviews has been decent.

I'm not acting. Looks to me like it's a bad Avalanche game with good id gunplay. Why play this when DOOM is here soon? I don't want a DOOM: Crappy FarCry from the Avalanche idiots-version. I can wait for something good.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@speedytimsi said:

It has 23 entries in meta and is 73% already i think this one will sink bellow Days gone when all is say and done.

Also why compare this with days gone? Why not crackdown3?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Lol, it's funny that beating Days Gone in scores is a high achievement now. The bar is so low for everyone they are parading 6s like they are 10s.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

I knew this game would get buried by journo's after I saw the Rage twitter drag that Forbes guy. All these corrupt journo's collude and try to kill games that don't bow down and kiss their rings. Metokur was right.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

Lol, it's funny that beating Days Gone in scores is a high achievement now. The bar is so low for everyone they are parading 6s like they are 10s.

Yeah, beating Days Gone just by "1" point is consider an achievement. Yay I'm impress. Said no one ever

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Trash, nobody asked for this game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

I'm not acting. Looks to me like it's a bad Avalanche game with good id gunplay. Why play this when DOOM is here soon? I don't want a DOOM: Crappy FarCry from the Avalanche idiots-version. I can wait for something good.

you answer your own question.

to hold it till Doom Eternal release. and thats it.

although i would have liked Rage 2 by id software like original but improved. shame bethesda gave it to avalanche.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ghosts4ever

@Ant_17 said:

Days gone had insane amount of hype of being sony exclusive while this game many people forgot it even exist at all.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Sure it did. Me and 2 other people hyped it is now the entire SW and probably the world.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@ghosts4ever: keep downplaying that flop man LOL