"Titanfall developers say, PS4 doesn't have enough power to handle it"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MGS2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 MGS2007
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts

[QUOTE="SchnabbleTab"]

[QUOTE="BlackShirt20"][QUOTE="PSdual_wielder"]

That wasn't a long article.  Where did it say it "doesn't have enough power to handle it"?

It wasn't stated explicitly nor did the article imply it anywhere.

BlackShirt20

Cows are so butthurt. "power" is not limited to hardware. For example..... I give you a Mustang GT500 with 663HP and I use a Camaro ZL1 that is 580HP and weights 300lbs more. And we drive around a track, you should beat me right? Wrong, with less power the ZL1 is almost 15 seconds faster around Nurburgring. The PS4 has more power then the Xbox One, just doesnt have enough power to run Titanfall.

Seriously, stop acting like you know shit about cars...

Prove me wrong then. The ZL1 with 25% less power (same distance between Xbox One and PS4). Yet the ZL1 is better. The Mustang GT500 is a one trick pony, where as the Camaro ZL1 is the Muscle Car of the year by Motor trend, peoples digest and hod rod mag. ZL1 cant lose to a GT500 in a race.ShelbyvsZL1summary.jpg

Get real noob ZL1's are laughing stock get whooped on by everthing lol. Mag drivers suck real life the zl1 has been getting skull **** by the gt500 drag or track. Just look at all the videos on youtube of  the zl1 getting raped by lesser cars lol.

robotapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402 robotapple
Member since 2012 • 780 Posts

cows so owned they're talking about cars now :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
Jeez do the TOU not exist any more? This whole place gets kinda pointless if you can just shamelessly miss quote a source to make an argument out of thin air.
Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#405 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts
Just re-read the article...where exactly does it say the PS4 is not powerful enough to run titanfall? And wow, pretty old article.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
Jeez do the TOU not exist any more? This whole place gets kinda pointless if you can just shamelessly miss quote a source to make an argument out of thin air.hoosier7
I've seen several people do that recently...
GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts

Sounds like bullshit to me. I think they may have had Microsoft in their ear.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#408 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Jeez do the TOU not exist any more? This whole place gets kinda pointless if you can just shamelessly miss quote a source to make an argument out of thin air.hoosier7
I guess not. The current TOU is so weak you have to try to get modded...or piss off a mod.
GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts
[QUOTE="hoosier7"]Jeez do the TOU not exist any more? This whole place gets kinda pointless if you can just shamelessly miss quote a source to make an argument out of thin air.TheWalkingGhost
I guess not. The current TOU is so weak you have to try to get modded...or piss off a mod.

I remember the good ol days where if you even censored a sware word you could get modded.
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="hoosier7"]Jeez do the TOU not exist any more? This whole place gets kinda pointless if you can just shamelessly miss quote a source to make an argument out of thin air.TheWalkingGhost

you can always complain about it in the site enhancements and feedback forum.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"] I guess not. The current TOU is so weak you have to try to get modded...or piss off a mod.TheWalkingGhost

I did once, Hallenbeck was cool and reversed it. But that wasn't what I saying.

site enhancements and feedback forum...not the moderation clarification forum. you can complain about the tou. i doubt anything will change but it couldn't hurt.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

I did once, Hallenbeck was cool and reversed it. But that wasn't what I saying.

site enhancements and feedback forum...not the moderation clarification forum. you can complain about the tou. i doubt anything will change but it couldn't hurt.

Sorry, it's 3am and I misread. My fault on that one, I never used that forum and doubt it would matter if I did.
robybaggio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 robybaggio
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts

I will laugh so much when this POS hits the ps4.

RoOodriGowW
It will be the best POS on PS4 and it still won't be as good as it on Xbox One... half a decade later. Knack!
robybaggio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 robybaggio

I will laugh so much when this POS hits the ps4.

RoOodriGowW
It will be the best POS on PS4 and it still won't be as good as it on Xbox One... half a decade later. Knack!

[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]So why the **** are they making the game for the 360 and PC? It's all bull**** from Respawn. Titanfall will probably be on the PS4 within 12 months. the_bi99man

Exactly. If the game is coming out on the 360, how can seriously try to claim that the PS4 isn't powerful enough for it? It's asinine. Anyone who thinks it's anything but PR bullsh!t, paid for by microsoft, is a god damned retard.

If only Xbox One was a $100 cheaper they life would be so much easier.
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#416 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

Well now since it has been confirmed (DF) that the game is most likely not even running at 1080p,low quality textures, and struggling to even maintain 50fps (dips to 40fps), I find this to be complete and utter BS.

Have fun with TitanFail Lems.

You idiots deserve this garbage.

robybaggio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 robybaggio

Well now since it has been confirmed (DF) that the game is most likely not even running at 1080p,low quality textures, and struggling to even maintain 50fps (dips to 40fps), I find this to be complete and utter BS.

Have fun with TitanFail Lems.

You idiots deserve this garbage.

danjammer69

More damage control. http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/12/playstation-4-hands-on-preview-killzone-shadow-fall-knack-3837521/

Running at a 1080p resolution and at 30 frames per second Shadow Fall looks like an above average PC game.

http://www.gamechup.com/titanfall-details-source-engine-60-fps-fps-spring-2014-release-more/

The game will use Cloud service by Microsoft for dedicated servers, physics and AI calculations. The game is a first person shooter and runs on the Source Engine from Valve. The engine is the reason why they have been able to target 60 fps.

Run along cow.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts
Sure, PS4 coudn't run it LOL.
robybaggio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 robybaggio

Sure, PS4 coudn't run it LOL.  gpuking

How many times you will play Titanfall this fall: 

12537734-3d-human-character-holding-blue

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

They also said becuae of cloud it will be better than PC version.

:lol:

Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#422 Benny_Blakk
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

[QUOTE="TrooperManaic"]

More like its optimized to utilize the X1's hardware and the devs are too lazy to properly port it.

TrooperManaic

x1 and ps4 are basically sharing the same exact hardware except that the PS4 has 50% more shading power and 30% more memory bandwidth. Titanfall devs are clearly talking out of their @$$.

basically the same doesnt mean its the same. PC gamers know even if the hardware is 99.% similar, chances are in some cases the software will perform over 50% better on one due to a small technicality.

Dead on, mate.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 danjammer69

More damage control. http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/12/playstation-4-hands-on-preview-killzone-shadow-fall-knack-3837521/

Running at a 1080p resolution and at 30 frames per second Shadow Fall looks like an above average PC game.

http://www.gamechup.com/titanfall-details-source-engine-60-fps-fps-spring-2014-release-more/

The game will use Cloud service by Microsoft for dedicated servers, physics and AI calculations. The game is a first person shooter and runs on the Source Engine from Valve. The engine is the reason why they have been able to target 60 fps.

Run along cow.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-titanfall-tech-analysis

Enjoy:

"However, the actual benefits of Xbox One's cloud computing remain uncertain. The promise is that AI and physics calculations are handled remotely, from the 300,000 servers set up by Microsoft's cloud service, Azure."

"Looking for practical evidence of it during the demo, the AI element is accounted for by the many CPU players, whose decisions can feasibly be determined by a remote, host machine. On the other hand, physics-based interactions are kept to such a bare minimum in Titanfall that it's not clear where any external influence comes into effect."

"In the pursuit of 60fps, something has to give way though - and it usually comes to light when looking too closely. It's the uncanny facial animations during NPC briefings, the rough-looking textures on Titan interiors and billboards..."

"The jaggies are a curious point in particular; even judged by the high quality feed we have availability direct from the Microsoft E3 conference there's more sub-pixel shimmering and rough edges than any other game on show, which suggests this may not be a full-blown 1080p title in its current state."

"While 60fps is inevitably a slam-dunk for the Source engine if the active hardware here is indeed a PC, it's curious to see Respawn's shorter two-minute trailer, which precedes the gameplay demo, struggling to reach 50fps in spots and showing clearly the devastating effects of double-buffer v-sync when frame rendering runs over the ultra-tight 16.67ms budget. This trailer cuts together a montage of clips to show off more intensive, cinematic scenes alongside gameplay from new levels, where those featuring heavy effects work and broader draw distances visibly suffer from stutter. With one close-up of a Titan descending to just 40fps..."

robybaggio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 robybaggio

Running at a 1080p resolution and at 30 frames per second Shadow Fall looks like an above average PC game.danjammer69

Run along cow.

Enjoy:

"However, the actual benefits of Xbox One's cloud computing remain uncertain. The promise is that AI and physics calculations are handled remotely, from the 300,000 servers set up by Microsoft's cloud service, Azure."

"Looking for practical evidence of it during the demo, the AI element is accounted for by the many CPU players, whose decisions can feasibly be determined by a remote, host machine. On the other hand, physics-based interactions are kept to such a bare minimum in Titanfall that it's not clear where any external influence comes into effect."

"In the pursuit of 60fps, something has to give way though - and it usually comes to light when looking too closely. It's the uncanny facial animations during NPC briefings, the rough-looking textures on Titan interiors and billboards..."

"The jaggies are a curious point in particular; even judged by the high quality feed we have availability direct from the Microsoft E3 conference there's more sub-pixel shimmering and rough edges than any other game on show, which suggests this may not be a full-blown 1080p title in its current state."

"While 60fps is inevitably a slam-dunk for the Source engine if the active hardware here is indeed a PC, it's curious to see Respawn's shorter two-minute trailer, which precedes the gameplay demo, struggling to reach 50fps in spots and showing clearly the devastating effects of double-buffer v-sync when frame rendering runs over the ultra-tight 16.67ms budget. This trailer cuts together a montage of clips to show off more intensive, cinematic scenes alongside gameplay from new levels, where those featuring heavy effects work and broader draw distances visibly suffer from stutter. With one close-up of a Titan descending to just 40fps..."

At least the PS4 is better than the PS3, you can console yourself with that. Maybe in a few years time when you have saved all your pennies and the price comes down you will be able to afford a TRUE next-gen device, in the meantime enjoy playing Knack on PS3.v2.
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

50% stronger GPU and more CPU power than xboxOne = not enough power to handle it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

So how come when Respawn approached both Sony and MS about launching TitanFall on their platform, they chose MS and their cloud?

Hmm Hmm?

Must be because the server offerings from Sony were pathetic :lol:

RR360DD

if you're just trolling and kissing MS's ass im fine with that, but if you truly believe that Titanfall is not possible on PS4 you clearly need to retire from graming and work at some nuthouse.

Did you even read the link?

"The next-gen mech shooter Titanfall would not be possible without Microsofts Xbox Onecloud services"

Whats true is that TitanFall would not be possible without a Cloud service supporting it, not only with dedicated servers but with the ability to lend processing power too (AI and physics).

Could Sony provide that theoretically? Yep. Realisticially can they provide that? Nope. Gaikai isn't set up for that.

The fact that its coming to PC and 360 completely ruins that argument.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Blazed

No they didnn't

owned

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"] if you're just trolling and kissing MS's ass im fine with that, but if you truly believe that Titanfall is not possible on PS4 you clearly need to retire from graming and work at some nuthouse.Infinite_Access

Did you even read the link?

"The next-gen mech shooter Titanfall would not be possible without Microsofts Xbox Onecloud services"

Whats true is that TitanFall would not be possible without a Cloud service supporting it, not only with dedicated servers but with the ability to lend processing power too (AI and physics).

Could Sony provide that theoretically? Yep. Realisticially can they provide that? Nope. Gaikai isn't set up for that.

The fact that its coming to PC and 360 completely ruins that argument.

Microsoft if offering the use of Azure for all 3 versions: XOne, 360 and Windows

owned

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 danjammer69
[QUOTE="danjammer69"]

The game will use Cloud service by Microsoft for dedicated servers, physics and AI calculations. The game is a first person shooter and runs on the Source Engine from Valve. The engine is the reason why they have been able to target 60 fps.robybaggio

Run along cow.

Enjoy:

At least the PS4 is better than the PS3, you can console yourself with that. Maybe in a few years time when you have saved all your pennies and the price comes down you will be able to afford a TRUE next-gen device, in the meantime enjoy playing Knack on PS3.v2.

Good job Douchebaggio. You once again ignored evidence of your beloved games poor performance and turned the topic to Sony again. Lems should be embarrassed by you. But I guess they have enough to worry about eh?
tamabeast04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 tamabeast04
Member since 2003 • 526 Posts

titanfall is an obvious business move by microsoft. sony announced kz shadowFALL to target their shooter audience, so microsoft responds to with an "exclusive" titanFALL and builds it up to be the next call of duty. Too bad the game looks bland. "free running" with mechs sounds very lame, but maybe i'm just too old for that nonsense..

Anterline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#431 Anterline
Member since 2011 • 161 Posts
That is ridiculous and anyone who believes it is a moron. Next.
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Sure, PS4 coudn't run it LOL.  gpuking
What a titan piece of shit :lol:

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
So, they can't even get a SOURCE engine game to run at 60FPS on a next gen console?! Man those devs suck! :lol:
Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

Titanfall, what a joke.

Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 Far_RockNYC
Member since 2012 • 1244 Posts

Screen-Shot-2013-06-11-at-05.05.43.png

vs.

635381_20130610_790screen002.jpg

PS4 can't handle these type of graphics ONLINE! 

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

This kid keeps posting his youtube 50X zoomed in Killzone pic :lol: awwwwww ^

Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 Far_RockNYC

This kid keeps posting his youtube 50X zoomed in Killzone pic :lol: awwwwww ^

Douevenlift_bro

rev.dawgmaspatentedbutthurtcream.jpg

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

[QUOTE="Blazed"]

RR360DD

No they didnn't

owned

Not in the article posted.

:roll:

FILIPINOMAZTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 FILIPINOMAZTER
Member since 2008 • 1627 Posts
The Power of "The Cloud"
KingOfAsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 KingOfAsia
Member since 2010 • 1587 Posts

god system wars is brutal in the summer time so many funny posters in this thread Far_RockNYC and doyouevenlift :lol:

linking a picture back and forth

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

[QUOTE="BlackShirt20"][QUOTE="SchnabbleTab"] Cows are so butthurt. "power" is not limited to hardware. For example..... I give you a Mustang GT500 with 663HP and I use a Camaro ZL1 that is 580HP and weights 300lbs more. And we drive around a track, you should beat me right? Wrong, with less power the ZL1 is almost 15 seconds faster around Nurburgring. The PS4 has more power then the Xbox One, just doesnt have enough power to run Titanfall. MGS2007

Seriously, stop acting like you know shit about cars...

Prove me wrong then. The ZL1 with 25% less power (same distance between Xbox One and PS4). Yet the ZL1 is better. The Mustang GT500 is a one trick pony, where as the Camaro ZL1 is the Muscle Car of the year by Motor trend, peoples digest and hod rod mag. ZL1 cant lose to a GT500 in a race.ShelbyvsZL1summary.jpg

Get real noob ZL1's are laughing stock get whooped on by everthing lol. Mag drivers suck real life the zl1 has been getting skull **** by the gt500 drag or track. Just look at all the videos on youtube of the zl1 getting raped by lesser cars lol.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/the-results-zl1-vs-gt500 Winner ZL1

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1206_2012_chevrolet_camaro_zl1_vs_2013_shelby_gt500/viewall.html Winner ZL1

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2012-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-vs-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-comparison-test-review Winner ZL1

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1206_2012_chevrolet_camaro_zl1_vs_2013_ford_shelby_gt500_on_road/viewall.html Winner ZL1

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/camaro/2012/comparison-test.html Winner ZL1

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1072118_camaro-zl1-vs-shelby-mustang-gt500-which-will-win Winner ZL1

Boy, do you look stupid!

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

:cool: Real next gen visuals in Titanfall. Only possible through the power of teh cloudz.

Titanfall (Xbone "Next gen" title):

N.O.V.A 3 ipad:

KingOfAsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 KingOfAsia
Member since 2010 • 1587 Posts

comparing to ipad haha :lol:

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

Look at these cows doing everything imaginable to keep damage control. They can see to handle the FACT that there precious PS4 cant handle record breaking 6 time E3 award winner Titanfall. They are stuck with 0 E3 winner Killzone LOL

Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 Far_RockNYC

Screen-Shot-2013-06-11-at-05.05.43.png

vs.

83569_orig.jpg

PS4 CAN'T RUN GOLDEN EYE HD! 

metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]I guess not. The current TOU is so weak you have to try to get modded...or piss off a mod.Ginosaji

I left this forum for years after being temporarily banned 7 times for every small thing. System wars doesn't work if you have to walk on eggshells. It would be nice to have at least some rules, but this is far better than the days of overzealous mods.

In fact, this post would have got me a 7-day ban for "trolling," because I just called the overzealous mods overzealous.

It was bad i remember that i called lems delusional because they though some game cant remember what it was looked better than crysis and got modded
I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#448 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

KingOfAsia
:lol: the fact that they are both comparable speaks volumes about teh cloud powah!
metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts
[QUOTE="KingOfAsia"]

I_can_haz
:lol: the fact that they are both comparable speaks volumes about teh cloud powah!

is the real next gen going to be brought by an Ipad?
CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts
[QUOTE="KingOfAsia"]

I_can_haz

The cloudd top-5-weird-freaky-animals-pictures1.jpg