Quick Inquiry: Is Mass Effect Worth Buying Twice?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts
Hey guys, so i dont expect this topic to go far cus its a fairly simple quick question. Recently the mass effect trilogy is being sold as a single unit and tomorrow ps3 is getting that trilogy. i believe xbox and pc have had that trilogy for a while. Heres the thing, not all but most people have already purchased the mass effect games, most people have at least played two of the three games. But mass effect is a franchise with alot of replay value. Many games often warrant multiple purchases. Games such as ocarina of time and mg3 , people can perfectly see repurchasing. Is mass effect one of those franchises that is worth buying twice? Is its greatness and replay value strong enough to make the new mass effect trilogy release matter to any of you that already played these games?
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
No.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Why would you re-buy something? I guess if you really love the developer/game, but that's someone only you can decide. I, for one, just see that as ripping yourself off.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Well it depends, is the ME1 for ps3 a carbon copy of the xbox/pc version? because if so, it has terrible shooting mechanics and is not worth the purchase.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Doesn't include the DLC so no.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ms555

Doesn't include the DLC so no.

Lionheart08
I heard its got MOST of the dlc but none of the me3 dlc. Which i definitely do find odd
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ms555
Well it depends, is the ME1 for ps3 a carbon copy of the xbox/pc version? because if so, it has terrible shooting mechanics and is not worth the purchase. Led_poison
U know thats something ive been questioning. I remember me1 being amazing but thats before me2 came along and proved to me how much better mass effect can be. I wonder how me1 would seem now after playing me2 and 3
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
No.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
Well it depends, is the ME1 for ps3 a carbon copy of the xbox/pc version? because if so, it has terrible shooting mechanics and is not worth the purchase. Led_poison
I don't think the shooting is the issue, it's what you're shooting that isn't very fun.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Why would you re-buy something? I guess if you really love the developer/game, but that's someone only you can decide. I, for one, just see that as ripping yourself off.

Inconsistancy
To play on other platforms. But I already have the game on the best platform it can ever be on, so I don't see the point.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ms555
[QUOTE="Led_poison"]Well it depends, is the ME1 for ps3 a carbon copy of the xbox/pc version? because if so, it has terrible shooting mechanics and is not worth the purchase. Inconsistancy
I don't think the shooting is the issue, it's what you're shooting that isn't very fun.

Well u seem to have a good opinion on this, let me paint the picture. Ive owned all three me games and beaten them. I also sold all three but i never replayed them. So what do u think tho , would getting the trilogy and being a new class, maybe new gender, feel fresh and new?
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funsohng
[QUOTE="Led_poison"]Well it depends, is the ME1 for ps3 a carbon copy of the xbox/pc version? because if so, it has terrible shooting mechanics and is not worth the purchase. Inconsistancy

Actually, shooting was the issue. Its guns felt like water guns.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 funsohng
[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="Led_poison"]Well it depends, is the ME1 for ps3 a carbon copy of the xbox/pc version? because if so, it has terrible shooting mechanics and is not worth the purchase. ms555

Well u seem to have a good opinion on this, let me paint the picture. Ive owned all three me games and beaten them. I also sold all three but i never replayed them. So what do u think tho , would getting the trilogy and being a new class, maybe new gender, feel fresh and new?

What did you play as? If you played as soldier, then do yourself a favour and play it again. And did you like it enough that you want to play again?
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ms555
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="Inconsistancy"] I don't think the shooting is the issue, it's what you're shooting that isn't very fun.

What did you play as? If you played as soldier, then do yourself a favour and play it again. And did you like it enough that you want to play again?

I love mass effect. Like im the ultimate me fanboy haha, but i only played through once as a male vangaurd. U thonk any particular class would make the game feel new if i replayed? U think the different choices u can make are enough to make a fairly new experience as well?
lulmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lulmont
Member since 2010 • 671 Posts

No game is worth rebuying if you still own a copy of it.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ms555

No game is worth rebuying if you still own a copy of it.

lulmont
I dont haha. Sold them all over time cus i needed cash
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

No.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
Is it worth buying(the digital download of ME1) if you have the other two on PS3, and have not yet played ME1?
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 musalala

Is it worth buying(the digital download of ME1) if you have the other two on PS3, and have not yet played ME1?layton2012

Yes if you have never played mass effect 1, but be warned mass effect 1 is nothing like the the other 2 the combat might put you off if. That said its my fav mass effect

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 layton2012

[QUOTE="layton2012"]Is it worth buying(the digital download of ME1) if you have the other two on PS3, and have not yet played ME1?musalala

Yes if you have never played mass effect 1, but be warned mass effect 1 is nothing like the the other 2 the combat might put you off if. That said its my fav mass effect

Whats different about the combat, now I would not consider myself terrible at shooters, but it is far from my most skilled genre, with that said I love ME, so I will probably get it anyway.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 funsohng
[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="ms555"] Well u seem to have a good opinion on this, let me paint the picture. Ive owned all three me games and beaten them. I also sold all three but i never replayed them. So what do u think tho , would getting the trilogy and being a new class, maybe new gender, feel fresh and new?

I love mass effect. Like im the ultimate me fanboy haha, but i only played through once as a male vangaurd. U thonk any particular class would make the game feel new if i replayed? U think the different choices u can make are enough to make a fairly new experience as well?

Yes. Female Shepard is the right way to enjoy Mass Effect, and Infiltrator is a blast especially in Mass Effect 2. Adept and Sentinel is also great. I have 4 ME save files. And I plan to do one more when I get back to Canada.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ms555
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="funsohng"] What did you play as? If you played as soldier, then do yourself a favour and play it again. And did you like it enough that you want to play again?

Yes. Female Shepard is the right way to enjoy Mass Effect, and Infiltrator is a blast especially in Mass Effect 2. Adept and Sentinel is also great. I have 4 ME save files. And I plan to do one more when I get back to Canada.

What makes fem shepard superior?
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 funsohng
[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="ms555"] I love mass effect. Like im the ultimate me fanboy haha, but i only played through once as a male vangaurd. U thonk any particular class would make the game feel new if i replayed? U think the different choices u can make are enough to make a fairly new experience as well?

What makes fem shepard superior?

Voice acting actually has emotions, better ass, gives more character to the game, etc.
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

That'd be two times too many.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#25 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I don't understand what you mean, why would you rebuy a game again if you already own it?

As for replay value, Mass Effect is a great game and I enjoyed replaying the series again and again. Also I believe ME1 is also available as a seperate download off of PS Store.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#26 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

very very rarely.

personally Mass Effect series, and Battlefield i think are worth it. but that's just me, but i'll never buy the second copy full price. has to be at a deep discount. So even when i really love the game/series and i'd be happy to play it again on a different platform i won't pay top dollar for it again.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ms555

I don't understand what you mean, why would you rebuy a game again if you already own it?

As for replay value, Mass Effect is a great game and I enjoyed replaying the series again and again. Also I believe ME1 is also available as a seperate download off of PS Store.

ShadowMoses900
Dont own them anymore, i used to but i sold hem. And as for people in general, im sure plenty have probably sold me2 and me1
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
:lol:
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ms555

Dont own them anymore, i used to but i sold hem. And as for people in general, im sure plenty have probably sold me2 and me1

If you sold them then you probably didn't like them much to begin with, at least that's kind of what it sounds like. Why did you sell it then?

I could never get rid of Mass Effect, I love those games. If for some reason I happened to lose the games somehow I would rebuy them again.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ms555

[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

If you sold them then you probably didn't like them much to begin with, at least that's kind of what it sounds like. Why did you sell it then?

I could never get rid of Mass Effect, I love those games. If for some reason I happened to lose the games somehow I would rebuy them again.

Didnt like them much? U nuts?! Its provably my favorite game franchise EVER!! I sold it tho cus i was not originally planning on replaying themand i needed cash
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#31 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

As is, without any additions or improvements, no. If EA were to release the trilogy for Wii U with pointer/Wiimote control, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="ms555"] Dont own them anymore, i used to but i sold hem. And as for people in general, im sure plenty have probably sold me2 and me1ms555

Didnt like them much? U nuts?! Its provably my favorite game franchise EVER!! I sold it tho cus i was not originally planning on replaying themand i needed cash

I don't sell any game unless I disliked it. I tend to replay my games more than once, I don't understand people that play a game once and never play the campaign again, that makes no sense to me. I replay them again and again on harder settings, as long as I enjoyed the game that is.

If you love Mass Effect then I would recommend you rebuy them. And the games have a lot of replay value, you can choose how the story unfolds through dialog choices and what not, but you already know this.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 musalala

[QUOTE="musalala"]

[QUOTE="layton2012"]Is it worth buying(the digital download of ME1) if you have the other two on PS3, and have not yet played ME1?layton2012

Whats different about the combat, now I would not consider myself terrible at shooters, but it is far from my most skilled genre, with that said I love ME, so I will probably get it anyway.

Mass effect 1 combat was more RPGish where is mass effect 2 and 3 were shooter oriented. It can be quite jarring to go from mass effect 2 and 3 shooter gears of war to mass effects 1 rpg combat elements. The story (IMO) in mass effect 1 is what really made the game special the Vimire mission is still by far the best mission in the trilogy.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ms555

[QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="musalala"]

musalala

Mass effect 1 combat was more RPGish where is mass effect 2 and 3 were shooter oriented. It can be quite jarring to go from mass effect 2 and 3 shooter gears of war to mass effects 1 rpg combat elements. The story (IMO) in mass effect 1 is what really made the game special the Vimire mission is still by far the best mission in the trilogy.

Nah i really dont think so, i think the me2 suicide mission is still as goodvas it gets. In no other place in the trilogy were the stakes so high. Where it felt like everything mattered. And it was just plain epic and cinematic too
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

I bought, played, beat and loved every Mass Effect for 360. I dont own them anymore because I sold my old 360 along with some games... But I will be buying the trilogy. Not sure if I want to give PC gaming another try or if I should just get it for my new 360 or PS3. Either way... YES, I will buy it twice.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 layton2012

[QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="musalala"]

musalala

Ok, I should be able to handle it then, but I'll see for myself tomorrow, may be a bit of a learning curve, but I'll figure it out, and I have heard great things about the story, so I hope it does;t disappoint.
musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 musalala

[QUOTE="musalala"]

[QUOTE="layton2012"] Whats different about the combat, now I would not consider myself terrible at shooters, but it is far from my most skilled genre, with that said I love ME, so I will probably get it anyway.ms555

Nah i really dont think so, i think the me2 suicide mission is still as goodvas it gets. In no other place in the trilogy were the stakes so high. Where it felt like everything mattered. And it was just plain epic and cinematic too

Thats the thing dude, the Vimire mission epicness wasn"t in the explosions and whatnot but in the exposition, the things you discovered on the mission and the number of WTF moments were just epic and everthing came together the music, the choices its was deliciousness in video game form. The suicde mission was good but it failed to give that OMG moment even the final revelation ( about the reaper) was lame. For me the story was got me hooked and vimire was the best example of what made mass effect 1 so good for .....me anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#38 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Yes, I'd buy it twice. I'd buy it three times. Anyway, I already have bought it twice- I have the complete trilogy on Xbox and PC. Mass Effect is the kind of series I'd buy as many times as I had to, and one that I would play as many times as I could. It gets better with each outing.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ms555
Yes, I'd buy it twice. I'd buy it three times. Anyway, I already have bought it twice- I have the complete trilogy on Xbox and PC. Mass Effect is the kind of series I'd buy as many times as I had to, and one that I would play as many times as I could. It gets better with each outing. charizard1605
I think thats what im most interested in, that perhaps playing all three games now in sequence will make the experience even better. Playing it like one huge game!!! And its been so long since i touched me1 , on a side note! Haha
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Not unless you're upgrading to the PC version.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
No
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I almost did this because I don't have my ME1 and ME2 saves anymore. So I was going to play through them all again. Then I realised that it doesn't come with all DLC!!! What idiot made that trilogy?! To add insult to injury they mentioned an online pass for ME3. I will wait for a full game edition or they can suck it.