Quantum Break might just rival uncharted 4

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

Facial/movement animations and just gameplay character models might just rival if not beat uncharted 4 in some areas...IMO. Also, there is a visual fidelity that seems to stand out in comparison too. I don't know if others have noticed by the game seems to run like its running at 144 hz, the movement seems so fast and responsive with little to no lag. Not sure how they achieved this as i have not seen this in a console game before. What are your thoughts?

Heres some footage:

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Graphically I'm sure Uncharted will stomp a mud hole in the xbox version of QB but QB looks to have a far more interesting world and story. Also, the time powers makes the gameplay look a lot more fun than just another Uncharted game.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

I find it extremely funny the YouTube video has a 1080p option.....

Justinb90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Justinb90
Member since 2016 • 19 Posts

Unless you are comparing motion capture, because In game Graphics wise ND is almost always bound to take out Remedy

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@justinb90: Imagine if Remedy had the same resources as ND.

Anyhow, I'm glad no amount of money can buy you guys like Sam Lake, though.

Every guy from ND looks as if he was taken from GQ staff. Man, what the heck.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

PC version will..

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@fantasygamer: @soapandbubbles: if those pics are the best you can find then no. Show any pc game that looks better than uncharteds mud slide scene..

Ill wait

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Ugh, UC4 will tear QB a whole new one, especially the Xbone version.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I think Quantum Break not only is more impressive graphically, but artistically and innovating also. Uncharted is a seen it done it type game. Quantum Break is game changing, it has special effects i have never seen in my life. The gameplay mechanics also look very impressive, its like a Deus Ex meets Alan Wake. Its just downright beautiful.

Also is it just me or does Uncharted 4 have some ugly soft colors? Everything always looks so soft and brown looking.

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

Ryse is still the best looking console game and it's technical graphics are unmatched. Also the UC engine is showing its age and looks old and boring. Honestly the visuals in uc4 don't look all that impressive. Besides I've always thought the uncharted games have this "cartoony" look about it so to me I can't really take it seriously as a visual contender.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

lolno

Uncharted 4 will look better for sure.

I'm looking forward to playing both though.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

That should be MS's marketing campaign for QB. "Quantum Break might just rival uncharted 4!"

Genius!

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

@gpuking said:

Ugh, UC4 will tear QB a whole new one, especially the Xbone version.

Those cutscenes are NOT gameplay......just in-engine/realtime. I was talking about gameplay visuals...and from we have scene, characte model wise....QB holds its own if not surpasses drakes.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@soapandbubbles: They also will most likely downgrade it. "This is what Uncharted would look like on the superior PC machine, but heres your Playstation copy, please enjoy."

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Stealth UC4 bashing thread detected, try harder hermits.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#16 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Great,,, yet another graphics thread about Quantum Break and Uncharted.

On Topic: Quantum Break looks stunning and I expect PC version to look really good. It can give Uncharted 4 a run for its money because X1 version already looks gorgeous enough. Of course now we'll have to wait and see, how these games look on TV/Monitor screens when we play them, instead of looking at bullshots.

Gameplay wise, Quantum Break looks much better. And story concept is also more unique than yet another straight forward action adventure game, and since it's Sam Lake,,, plot will be good.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@justinb90: Imagine if Remedy had the same resources as ND.

Anyhow, I'm glad no amount of money can buy you guys like Sam Lake, though.

Every guy from ND looks as if he was taken from GQ staff. Man, what the heck.

lol excuses.

@Cloud_imperium said:

On Topic: Quantum Break looks stunning and I expect PC version to look really good. It can give Uncharted 4 a run for its money because X1 version already looks gorgeous enough. Of course now we'll have to wait and see, how these games look on TV/Monitor screens when we play them, instead of looking at bullshots.

Gameplay wise, Quantum Break looks much better. And story concept is also more unique than yet another straight forward action adventure game, and since it's Sam Lake,,, plot will be good.

Complain about another Quantum Break and Uncharted thread then go fast and claim the PC version can give uncharted 4 a run for its money..lol..

Is not unique and is a game with a quite abusive super power,a fantastic combination for failure,last time i saw an abusive power like that was on enter the matrix when you slowed motion,but is not like Remedy is new to the whole slow motion freeze time crap.

Loading Video...

Now they just created a whole new level of abusive power,that is all i prefer uncharted which gameplay has being PROVEN to work.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts
@tormentos said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Complain about another Quantum Break and Uncharted thread then go fast and claim the PC version can give uncharted 4 a run for its money..lol..

Is not unique and is a game with a quite abusive super power,a fantastic combination for failure,last time i saw an abusive power like that was on enter the matrix when you slowed motion,but is not like Remedy is new to the whole slow motion freeze time crap.

Now they just created a whole new level of abusive power,that is all i prefer uncharted which gameplay has being PROVEN to work.

Almost every person who has previewed the game has said the time powers are not OP and they scale very well with their cool downs, also that you won't make it very far in the game without using them. You seem to think they're just in the game to be in the game and if you use them you're a god, that's not how it works especially later in the game.

The powers you have are not so you can just effortlessly kill everyone in a cool fashion, they're there so you can survive, and apparently the later game is quite difficult not to mention Remedy is known to provide great difficulty options.

Are you implying Remedy's gameplay isn't proven to work? I've not heard a single negative comment about the way this game plays.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@gpuking said:

Because yours are clearly better

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cloud_imperium

@dynamitecop said:
@tormentos said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

First of all,,, yes we are seeing plenty of graphics threads these days but I still posted the comment after complaining about it because I wanted to contribute.

Second, your post is pretty ignorant. Just because the game is not playable on PS4, doesn't make it super evil game that no one should play. The game looks a lot of fun to play and Remedy is very well respected developer as well.

"Uncharted gameplay has being proven to work". Which is exactly why Quantum Break have me more excited because it looks different and not something that have been done before couple of times. Sure on paper it is Third Person Shooter but the game looks fast paced that relies mostly on fast paced action, instead of cover based shooting and on rail set piece sections (those are saved for cutscenes and are not directly implement into the gameplay).

Not to mention, it's a game written by a writer with good track record, and supported by actual Physicist who helped him in writing a story that is scientifically correct and actually makes sense. And it sounds really interesting. You shouldn't be so narrow minded. I mean how much it costs to get a PC or a Console these days??? Get the platform and enjoy games man. Hell start with PS4, that you defend the entire day, yet don't even own.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tormentos

@dynamitecop said:

Almost every person who has previewed the game has said the time powers are not OP and they scale very well with their cool downs, also that you won't make it very far in the game without using them. You seem to think they're just in the game to be in the game and if you use them you're a god, that's not how it works especially later in the game.

The powers you have are not so you can just effortlessly kill everyone in a cool fashion, they're there so you can survive, and apparently the later game is quite difficult not to mention Remedy is known to provide great difficulty options.

Are you implying Remedy's gameplay isn't proven to work? I've not heard a single negative comment about the way this game plays.

That is now what i saw in the video he killed like 4 persons freezing time,then by dashing like 3 more that is an abusive power.

And the action seem to be much the same way walk into a place with 3 or 4 guards.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dynamitecop

@tormentos said:
@dynamitecop said:

That is now what i saw in the video he killed like 4 persons freezing time,then by dashing like 3 more that is an abusive power.

And the action seem to be much the same way walk into a place with 3 or 4 guards.

Literally all you've "seen" is the beginning of the game that is not under embargo where they're familiarizing you with the time powers, you need to read or listen to what people are saying though.

They've discussed harder enemies and situations being introduced, not being able to survive if you don't use your powers, enemies also given powers to manipulate time, you're speaking too soon and too ignorantly.

nerdds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nerdds
Member since 2016 • 39 Posts

Hah, no way! UC4 all the way!

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cloud_imperium

@dynamitecop said:
@tormentos said:
@dynamitecop said:

Literally all you've "seen" is the beginning of the game that is not under embargo where they're familiarizing you with the time powers, you need to read or listen to what people are saying though.

They've discussed harder enemies and situations being introduced, not being able to survive if you don't use your powers, enemies also given powers to manipulate time, you're speaking too soon and too ignorantly.

This is true. In Kinda Funny Plays video, they clearly state that it's to give the players the impression that they are controlling some kind of super hero in the beginning. The narrative is also injected within the gameplay itself, so as you progress you meet more unique and harder enemies, that also have time powers and can move within time stutters.

These enemies are more challenging to take down in later parts of the game, which adds more to the variety and offers more challenge. Not to mention, it's demo, so it's probably running on easier settings. On hard settings the game will offer plenty of challenge, as seen in Alan Wake, featuring very intelligent and deadly AI on Nightmare difficulty.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tormentos

@Cloud_imperium said:

This is true. In Kinda Funny Plays video, they clearly state that it's to give the players the impression that they are controlling some kind of super hero in the beginning. The narrative is also injected within the gameplay itself, so as you progress you meet more unique and harder enemies, that also have time powers and can move within time stutters.

These enemies are more challenging to take down in later parts of the game, which adds more to the variety and offers more challenge. Not to mention, it's demo, so it's probably running on easier settings. On hard settings the game will offer plenty of challenge, as seen in Alan Wake, featuring very intelligent and deadly AI on Nightmare difficulty.

Oh brother when time comes to make excuses is funny what you people will pull to defend and xbox game.lol

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@greensand24: Digital foundry disagrees. Ryse lost that crown a long time ago.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dynamitecop

@tormentos said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Oh brother when time comes to make excuses is funny what you people will pull to defend and xbox game.lol

What are you even saying? This has been discussed by people who actually have the game in hand, not to mention Remedy has always been very good at balancing and scaling the difficulty in their games...

It's like you're incapable of just saying "oh, i guess i was mistaken, i didn't know that", you have to act and respond like an asshat instead...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cloud_imperium

@tormentos said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Nothing is being defended here. It's something that was stated by the developers and it's a fact that Alan Wake on Nightmare difficulty (especially on PC, where difficulty settings were tweaked and game was made harder) offered plenty of challenge. Of course, we'll have to wait and see for ourselves, how much what was stated by devs is true and how much is bullshit. For now, that is what developers said, is the plan for the game design.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Xbox fanboys think QB is the best ever, PS fans think UC 4 is the best ever. And neutrals know UC 4 is better, time powers been done to death, yawn.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

I'm sure the PC version will be just as good if not better than Uncharted, not so much on the X1 version but we shall see in due time

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Random_Matt: No, neutrals are going to play both games AND THEN make a judgement. How in the hell can I say Game "A" that isn't out yet is better than Game "B" that isn't out yet? And "time powers have been done to death?" Uncharteds gameplay is as far from "fresh" as you can get right now. Why do you think Naughty Dog is done with the series after this? The formula is getting stale.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b883bb846c10
deactivated-5b883bb846c10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5b883bb846c10
Member since 2015 • 1043 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Xbox fanboys think QB is the best ever, PS fans think UC 4 is the best ever. And neutrals know UC 4 is better, time powers been done to death, yawn.

Time powers like in QB? I don't think so. One can say action adventure game like Uncharted has been done to death...

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dynamitecop
@Random_Matt said:

A completely nonobjective post trying to act like it's objective, the level of stupid posting around here never ceases to amaze me...

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

No match to Uncharted 4. But of course, some people could prefer Quantum Break because of their taste.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69362 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

I find it extremely funny the YouTube video has a 1080p option.....

Because the final output of the game is 1080p.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

QB doesn't even rival Ratchet & Clank let alone Uncharted 4.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

Is it impossible to keep Quantum Break vs Uncharted4 in one thread, or can we have the other one for gfx and lets make this one for gameplay?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69362 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@Random_Matt: No, neutrals are going to play both games AND THEN make a judgement. How in the hell can I say Game "A" that isn't out yet is better than Game "B" that isn't out yet? And "time powers have been done to death?" Uncharteds gameplay is as far from "fresh" as you can get right now. Why do you think Naughty Dog is done with the series after this? The formula is getting stale.

I am Pedro and I endorse this post.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

@MonsieurX said:
@gpuking said:

Because yours are clearly better

1+

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@tormentos said:

lol excuses.

Yeah and in the context of Max Payne, those were 2 great fucking games, way too repetitive for their own good with some shitty dream sequences, but the core gameplay loop was terrific, and they "balanced" a great set of encounters around said mechanics. Not the game hasn't looked vapid as all hell every time it's been shown, and the whole talk about how "fast paced it is" makes me question if people remember what games built on actual speed were like, or have played games that are actually built on doing things quickly. But, dismissing QB's gameplay ideas because it is less "proven" when if anything it totally is proven on some level is a bit absurd.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: You think Sam looks looks like a GQ model. What about Eddie or Lazarevic?

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By StrongBlackVine

Uncharted 4 will look better, have a better story, better dialogue, better characters and be a better game overall. It also looks way more fun.

Quantum Break looks like bullet time on steroids, nothing revolutionary about that gameplay.

ND>>>>Remedy.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50546 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@Random_Matt said:

A completely nonobjective post trying to act like it's objective, the level of stupid posting around here never ceases to amaze me...

Stop posting here, DC. Level of stupid will drop dramatically.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@StrongBlackVine: Love the objectivity.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#45 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

A $1500 PC will probably have a better looking QB.

To bad not everyone has a $1500 PC and a $300 PS4 is giving it a run for its money.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 StrongBlackVine

@Juub1990: Quantum Break makes me think of what Fringe would be like as a videogame. The thought of that isn't exciting.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@StrongBlackVine: Doesn't matter. Your post is full of idiocy. Better characters, better dialogues, better story. I'm sure you can tell when you haven't played either game.

Also going by track record QB will have far better writing than Uncharted's B-movie quality. We can't say that yet because neither game is out.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mr_Huggles_dog

@Cloud_imperium said:
@dynamitecop said:
@tormentos said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

First of all,,, yes we are seeing plenty of graphics threads these days but I still posted the comment after complaining about it because I wanted to contribute.

Second, your post is pretty ignorant. Just because the game is not playable on PS4, doesn't make it super evil game that no one should play. The game looks a lot of fun to play and Remedy is very well respected developer as well.

Lol, look who's talking.

You bash anything on the PS4. In fact THE ONLY thing I've seen you talk positive on the PS4 is saying the new R&C looks fun.

I'm not saying UC should win any Oscars, but you act as if anyone who finds the world/game fun is an idiot.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dynamitecop
@mr_huggles_dog said:

To bad not everyone has a $1500 PC and a $300 PS4 is giving it a run for its money.

A computer being able to render games at four times the resolution with a higher framerate and higher graphics settings is not the PS4 giving anything a run for its money...

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@dynamitecop said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

A computer being able to render games at four times the resolution with a higher framerate and higher graphics settings is not the PS4 giving anything a run for its money...

From the look of gameplay videos from both...yes, yes it does.