SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

I gotta admit here, I just don't get it.

Perhaps SW can splain it to me Lucy? lol :P

The Story.

----

PUBG: Mobile Is Making More Money Than Its PC And Console Counterparts

The PUBG owner has made $407 million in Q1 2022.

By on May 18, 2022 at 5:06AM PDT

According to Krafton's recently released first quarter financials report, PUBG: Mobile has accounted for 75% of its revenue, making more than its PC and console counterparts.

As reported by GamesIndustry, the PUBG: Battlegrounds owner shared that it has made $407 million in the first quarter of 2022, which is up 13.5% year-over-year. In terms of which games are bringing in the revenue, Krafton revealed that PUBG: Mobile has made $307 million in this time, an increase of 5% year-over-year.

Meanwhile, the net profit for Q1 2022 was $190 million, an increase of 26%. However, the report notes that the revenue growth of PUBG: Battlegrounds was due to its free-to-play release on PC and console. On PC, the game generated $82.3 million, which is up 61%, while console versions--including Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, and PS5--grew by 274%.

"The number of paying users increased more than two-fold, thereby considerably contributing to bolstered quarterly sales," Krafton explained.

Last week, PUBG: Mobile celebrated update 2.0 with a new map and a Neon Genesis Evangelion crossover. The new map is called Livik and features a vibrant color scheme and the four-seater Utility Task Vehicle, which has also been added to the previous map, Aftermath.

The Neon Genesis Evangelion crossover will feature an event where the angels from the popular anime will be added to the map. The new trailer shows Shinji's Evangelion Unit-01 walking across the map while a player tries to shoot it. PUBG: Mobile's new season officially starts on May 19 and will also add all-new items to the game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

That's because I uninstalled PUBG after 5 minutes on PC.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice

@R4gn4r0k:

Yeah, when it first came out on X1 I think I tried it for about 15 minutes and never went back to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Everybody has a phone. The game is free. And the game is fun.

Fidelity and performance don't matter as much as versatility and portability. I know many in SW don't understand that when discussing the Switch, Steam Deck and mobile gaming as a whole. Apex just went mobile and will have success like PUBG too

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

I was told by everyone that mobile is not a real gaming device. Please exclude this topic from System Wars.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Fortnite killed PUBG when they introduce Battle Royal.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice

@SolidGame_basic said:

I was told by everyone that mobile is not a real gaming device. Please exclude this topic from System Wars.

Never Herd that before? Perhaps it was just a dream of yours? ;o

I did hear it wasn't a Home console many times tho. :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice

@goldenelementxl:

Sure but the tons of money made is just wild don't ya think?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k

@SecretPolice said:

@R4gn4r0k:

Yeah, when it first came out on X1 I think I tried it for about 15 minutes and never went back to it.

I landed on a map with what looked like a bunch of asset flipped buildings on it, with no rhyme or reason to them. After that all i remember being attacked from all sides.

Battle royale's just not for me.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k

@davillain said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Shame because I was actually really interested in that survival mode that Fortnite was going for under People can fly development.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@davillain: PUBG still has 200-300K players at any time and is a mainstay in the top 5 of Steamcharts. Nothing killed it.

As for this thread, it’s not news anymore. Mobile games as a whole make far more money than traditional console/PC games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k
@SolidGame_basic said:

As long as you keep coughing up $1000 for microtransactions every month it's absolutely viable to have fun in mobile games. People are crazy not to call mobile gaming a serious money sink... time sink... gaming equivalent.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@goldenelementxl:

Sure but the tons of money made is just wild don't ya think?

People spend money on what they want... PUBG, Fortnite and Apex are HUGE. Well everywhere except SW...

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

Fidelity and performance don't matter as much as versatility and portability. I know many in SW don't understand that when discussing the Switch, Steam Deck and mobile gaming as a whole. Apex just went mobile and will have success like PUBG too

This. And for this very reason cloud gaming is destined to succeed and will take over once the kinks are ironed out. Casuals vastly outnumber the so called hardcore 'press X win' gamers.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts
@davillain said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

LOL. Fortnite didn't kill anything much less PUBG. Fortnite is mostly popular with kids in the west while PUBG is more universal and absolutely a juggernaut in Asia. All this despite the fact that until recently people had to buy PUBG unlike Fortnite.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k

So what brings in more money: 500 million people downloading a F2P game or one person buying a $60 release?

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3540 Posts

"The Neon Genesis Evangelion crossover will feature an event where the angels from the popular anime will be added to the map."

Wuuut no way I'm gonna have to check this event out!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SecretPolice

@R4gn4r0k said:

So what brings in more money: 500 million people downloading a F2P game or one person buying a $60 release?

Seems to me if not one of those 500 million buy MT's, the $60.00 game wins. lol :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

What’s the matter? Don’t you people have phones? 😐

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

If the gamers of System Wars "don't get it," they will never will. They need to realize that they and other "hardcore" gamers are not the center of the world and need to get out of their bubble.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Makes sense. Most kids have a phone before they get a full desktop.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts

People must really think they're good killing all those mobile bots in the game...

If anyone has ever played it on mobile it's ridiculously easy, you can seriously get 10-20 kills each game no problem at all. The game is absolutely FILLED with bots.

However, it isn't advertised openly, so they are essentially tricking their consumers into believing they don't suck at games so they will open their wallet (I guess so all the bots get to see them in all their bright cheery glory) deception at it's finest... unfortunately everyone still sucks and you aren't even playing against other players 98% of the time.. lol.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

That's a fair comparison.. lol.

but yeah, ftp games make a lot of money.

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@goldenelementxl said:

I understand Switch is a handheld/portable console, but you're right. System wars does not understand that concept. Or sale charts putting putting it against home consoles like xbox, playstation etc, instead the like of 3DS, Ipads etc. Really weird

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SecretPolice

@onesiphorus said:

If the gamers of System Wars "don't get it," they will never will. They need to realize that they and other "hardcore" gamers are not the center of the world and need to get out of their bubble.

lolol :P

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#27 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

Wait until you hear how much money PUBG Mobile has made...

PUBG Mobile Shoots Past $8 Billion in Lifetime Revenue

PUBG Mobile Shoots Past $8 Billion in Lifetime Revenue

PUBG Mobile from Tencent has surpassed $8 billion in worldwide lifetime player spending across the App Store and Google Play, Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data shows.

The title, localized as Game For Peace in China, is one of the few mobile games to hit the landmark figure. Other titles that have reached $8 billion include Honor of Kings, another Tencent title, Monster Strike from Mixi, and Clash of Clans from Supercell. PUBG Mobile continues to be one of the top revenue generating games worldwide, ranking No. 2, just behind Honor of Kings in Q1 2022, after accumulating $650 million in the quarter. Excluding China, the title ranked No. 6 for global player spending, just behind Coin Master from Moon Active.

In comparison, Grand Theft Auto V has grossed just over $7 billion (from over 160M units sold) and Minecraft has grossed just over $3 billion (from over 230M units sold).

...This is what I mean about F2P games being a whole different ball park. F2P games are destroying traditional buy-to-play games in gross revenue.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#28 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts
@davillain said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Fortnite killed PUBG on consoles... PUBG killed Fortnite on mobiles.