the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

speaking to Game informer , PUBG creator Brendan Greene talked about the possibility of a single-player campaign and also the apparently incoming 2D and 3D replay systems

=================================================

http://www.pcgamer.com/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-will-have-2d-and-3d-replay-systems-in-the-coming-months/

=================================================

This week on The Game Informer Show podcast (which you can subscribe to here), Ben Hanson interviewed game developer Brendan Greene, better known as PlayerUnknown, about the phenomenon surrounding his addictive Battle Royale-style game. While we already knew about the game coming to consolesafter the PC version is "finished and polished" and the fact that the team is adding two new maps to the game, the interview reveals the desert map is set around Peru. Greene does, however, go into new details about what he has in mind for a hypothetical new campaign mode.

"Lore is important for creating it, but we don't have any serious lore there... if we were going to do a single-player campaign then maybe the history of the island would come into it," Greene says. "Originally I thought, because we have this Russian island and there's evidence of a military occupation there, it'd be fun to have a Watch Dogs kind of game based on the island. Where it's a bustling island with military occupation and you and five or four friends can play a single kind of multiplayer campaign set in the '70s. I thought that would be a cool era to set something kind of like Watch Dogs. Well, not Watch Dogs, but where you set out to capture each town on the island and take over the island from the military occupation. That was my concept of it.... no plans for it yet, [but] that's my big dream."

Greene is quick to point out that this is all just hypothetical and that, "Maybe someday I'll get to do a single-player campaign, but I'm not holding my breath for that. I want to get the game finished first."

Watch the full interview below to learn more about Greene's thoughts on lore within the multiplayer game, how the team is planning on fixing server issues, his thoughts on the possibility of color-coding ammo, and his ambitious plan for both a full 3D and 2D replay system coming hopefully "within maybe a few months."

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Would there really be any point to that? Not saying it is impossible to implement properly for a game like this but, right now I am more curious of what kind of role that would serve.

So yeah, not really holding my breath either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Why would it need one? The game is fine as a MP game, they should concentrate on that. Not every game need to be full of story and cut scenes just to please a certain crowd that love that stuff.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Why on earth would a game like this need a single player campaign? This is just going to waste resources that could be better spent elsewhere.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#5 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Maybe it's because there's a vocal crowd of gamers that usually float around videogame internet forum aggregators that wont care about this game because there's no singleplayer.

It's dumb.

They should ignore it. Focus on the community, market and demographic they have established. It's far more sustainable if it's supported right.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Guys he said he would think about it well after, like well after this game is finished, relax.

Personally yeah he shouldn't bother, though sure adding more value to the game or making anything good is a welcome addition either way. But yeah Ideally given that team can't be that big, it's probably better if they focus on just ironing out the game as is.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

I havent touched battlefield sp's for the last 4 or 5 iterations, can't say I'd care too much for this either