LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178810 Posts

VR in general isn't that compelling. Another gimmick like 3d tv.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#52 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69095 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Ssshhh. Its a raging success at 1.5 million sold. ??

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LJS9502_basic

@Pedro said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Ssshhh. Its a raging success at 1.5 million sold. ??

LOL my bad.........

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

I'm getting one. Not sure why people are saying PS2 graphics. The games like RE7 and farpoint look good. Odd thread just to bash something.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Pedro

I would like to apologize about saying the Kinect sold 10 million. That was grossly inaccurate and a misrepresentation of the facts. It actualy sold over 24 million but the PSVR is a raging success at 1.5 million. LMAO. ??

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:

@quadknight: PSVR and move are still selling because they are still trying to hit that 10+ million. They have at least 8.5 million to go. And remember kids the Kinect is a flop but the PSVR is a success clocking in at 10% the sales of the Kinect ????

?? PSVR is still making money for Sony and being sold. Kinect is dead and had to be dropped because it's a total failure. ? Cry harder butthurt lem.

Dat 1.5 million vs 10+ million. Can't hide from that. Try hiding behind your PC, that may help.? With numbers like that the Xbox One is simply amazing with its 2-1 ratio vs 10-1 on the PSVR. Didn't know you were subject yourself to supporting a failing platform. It must be tough sounding like an Xbox One defender. ??

VR is in its infancy. 1.5 million is good considering its price and how new the market is. It's already leading the high-end VR market.

?? Kinect however is completely dead and almost killed the Xbone and your butthurt ass is over here trying to convince us it's a success lol.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@bowtothepc: I’m not suggesting running the games on PS4 though. If you run them on a PS4 Pro, you get higher resolutions (native and occasionally even supersampled) and improved graphics. If the argument is that the visuals are worse on a standard PS4, yes they are, because they run at low resolutions on it. Have you tried it with the Pro though? It’s a night and day difference and nothing like a PS2. Again, you’re talking to someone who not only owns what we’re talking about but also the device’s PC rival. I’ve seen the visuals in both, and they’re similar.

Also, who’s talking toe to toe anyway? My main issue is the claim that VR on any of these 3 setups somehow approaches PS2 graphics. They don’t. You guys must be talking about mobile VR.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Try to deny that Resident Evil 7 in VR is an absolutely awesome experience so that I can laugh at you.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Pedro said:

I would like to apologize about saying the Kinect sold 10 million. That was grossly inaccurate and a misrepresentation of the facts. It actualy sold over 24 million but the PSVR is a raging success at 1.5 million. LMAO. ??

...and what exactly was Kinect's success followed by? By the looks of it, one peripheral is backed by a software strategy and the other has ended production.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LJS9502_basic

@Pedro said:

Dude don't brag about Kinect.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Pedro

@LJS9502_basic: Bragging? You seem to be missing the point if you think this about Kinect bragging.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

It's intended to deliver a VR experience, not a PS4 experience.

And for folks comparing this to Kinect, well, VR isn't just for gaming, nor is it just a single platform, or ecosystem. It has far more practical uses for the average consumer.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#65 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@quadknight: the old 'infancy' excuse combined with an apples to oranges comparison of a different peripheral. The difference is Kinect came bundled with the system.

Since you like making apples to oranges comparisons on tech in its infancy, the Switch was new tech and sold a ton because it had a killer app at launch. PSVR in comparison is a dud. Even most hardcore cows are still sitting on the sidelines waiting for the price on it to drop.

Just because you and to or three other cows like it doesnt change the fact that its a dud. Just like you like to throw how badly Xbox sells in lems faces at every opportunity, the PSVR has bad sales numbers compared to the number of PS4s sold. The tell is Sony wont say the real numbers just like MS wont say the real numbers on Xbox. Memba how you love to throw that one out there all the time?

You're talking shit about people paying $500 for a new console but you bought a Pro and a PSVR lawl. Double dud.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By QuadKnight

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Pedro said:

Dude don't brag about Kinect.

Dude hasn't gotten the memo yet that Kinect is dead lol.

@oflow said:

@quadknight: the old 'infancy' excuse combined with an apples to oranges comparison of a different peripheral. The difference is Kinect came bundled with the system.

Since you like making apples to oranges comparisons on tech in its infancy, the Switch was new tech and sold a ton because it had a killer app at launch. PSVR in comparison is a dud. Even most hardcore cows are still sitting on the sidelines waiting for the price on it to drop.

Just because you and to or three other cows like it doesnt change the fact that its a dud. Just like you like to throw how badly Xbox sells in lems faces at every opportunity, the PSVR has bad sales numbers compared to the number of PS4s sold. The tell is Sony wont say the real numbers just like MS wont say the real numbers on Xbox. Memba how you love to throw that one out there all the time?

You're talking shit about people paying $500 for a new console but you bought a Pro and a PSVR lawl. Double dud.

I'm not gonna waste my time reading this bullshit you typed so I'll just drop this here....

? Apply generously to the site of your butthurt and doesn't hesitate to call your doctor if any rashes occur.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:

@quadknight: PSVR and move are still selling because they are still trying to hit that 10+ million. They have at least 8.5 million to go. And remember kids the Kinect is a flop but the PSVR is a success clocking in at 10% the sales of the Kinect ????

?? PSVR is still making money for Sony and being sold. Kinect is dead and had to be dropped because it's a total failure. ? Cry harder butthurt lem.

Dat 1.5 million vs 10+ million. Can't hide from that. Try hiding behind your PC, that may help.? With numbers like that the Xbox One is simply amazing with its 2-1 ratio vs 10-1 on the PSVR. Didn't know you were subject yourself to supporting a failing platform. It must be tough sounding like an Xbox One defender. ??

VR is in its infancy. 1.5 million is good considering its price and how new the market is. It's already leading the high-end VR market.

?? Kinect however is completely dead and almost killed the Xbone and your butthurt ass is over here trying to convince us it's a success lol.

Not dead just yet, and calling this

"high end" is the funniest joke I've heard all week LMFAO.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:

? If that shitty GIF is your actual comeback then I feel sorry for you.

? Also how delusional do you have to be to believe Kinect is still alive when MS has completely abandoned it and halted production? Are you even trying to win this argument lol?

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:

? Also how delusional do you have to be to believe Kinect is still alive when MS has completely abandoned it and halted production? Are you even trying to win this argument lol?

Says the person that uses gifs in every fucking post to prove something. :P

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 998 Posts

VR will only be ready when hardware is no longer a limitation and when the headset simply becomes a neural Link. By 2030 a mid/high-end system should deliver 80-100 tflops of GPU power and memory should have densities in the TB range pushing North of 500tb/s. Only then will we have real VR, or it might simply be a dream machine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:
@quadknight said:

Production may have ceased, but games are still being made for it, so technically it isn't dead. Oh and make no mistake I hated the Kinect, so this isn't some sort of attempt at shilling like you do so badly quack.

Oh and that shitty gif shows how high end the PSVR really isn't lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By QuadKnight

@Xabiss: But I don’t post shitty gifs like that. ? My gifs are usually relevant to SW or are funny.

? His is just plain stupid. I don’t even know what he’s trying to prove with the gif or what game is actually in the gif. It’s just plain shit lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@Pedro said:

Production may have ceased, but games are still being made for it, so technically it isn't dead. Oh and make no mistake I hated the Kinect, so this isn't some sort of attempt at shilling like you do so badly quack.

? I know you don't even believe the shit you're typing.

The term high end VR isn't something coined by me it's actually what's used to differentiate VR based on actual tier levels. Low-end VR is google cardboard, mid-tier Samsung VR, and high-end is PSVR, Oculus and Vive. If you actually had a clue about VR gaming you'd know that this term has nothing to do with graphics of games but you're another dumb lemming talking about crap you're clueless about so I don't expect better lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

? I know you don't even believe the shit you're typing.

The term high end VR isn't something coined by me it's actually what's used to differentiate VR based on actual tier levels. Low-end VR is google cardboard, mid-tier Samsung VR, and high-end is PSVR, Oculus and Vive. If you actually had a clue about VR gaming you'd know that this term has nothing to do with graphics of games but you're another dumb lemming talking about crap you're clueless about so I don't expect better lol.

Oops your overlords have spoken

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

I hate to tell you this but nobody expected PSVR to be top of a powerhouse PC VR like those of Ocolus Rift or HTC Vive for that matter. Sony new this from the start, a VR console vs PC VR was doomed from the start. But in another way, it is however the only console VR around thus making it high-end cause there's no other console VR to compete with it. (As far as we know, MS is making there own VR that could rival PSVR)

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 QuadKnight

@i_p_daily: Do you even read the links you type? ? they are talking about power. No one in their right minds thinks PSVR and Oculus have the same fidelity. High-end VR like I explained has to do with the price and the market the headsets cater to. PSVR is going after the same market that Oculus and Vive go after. They all play similar games and sell at a similar price. It’s diferent from the google cardboard market and Samsung mobile market.

Why is this concept so difficult for you to understand lem? ? You’re embarrassing yourself in here trying to argue against something you’re totally ignorant and clueless about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

I hate to tell you this but nobody expected PSVR to be top of a powerhouse PC VR like those of Ocolus Rift or HTC Vive for that matter. Sony new this from the start, a VR console vs PC VR was doomed from the start. But in another way, it is however the only console VR around thus making it high-end cause there's no other console VR to compete with it. (As far as we know, MS is making there own VR that could rival PSVR)

Sony themselves have admitted that it's not high end, stop being a closet cow and obey your overlords.

As for the bolded part, that shit is hilarious dav, who knew you could be so funny LMAO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:

@i_p_daily: Do you even read the links you type? ? they are talking about power. No one in their right minds thinks PSVR and Oculus have the same fidelity. High-end VR like I explained has to do with the price and the market the headsets cater to. PSVR is going after the same market that Oculus and Vive go after. They all play similar games and sell at a similar price. It’s diferent from the google cardboard market and Samsung mobile market.

Why is this concept so difficult for you to understand lem? ? You’re embarrassing yourself in here trying to argue against something you’re totally ignorant and clueless about.

You need to read the article, the price points were different with the PSVR being the cheapest of the 3, Sony said it's for the masses, and high end products are not for the masses, even you have some brain capacity to understand even that right? It's not high end more like mid tier.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: And yet, you are comparing a console VR to PC VR tech wise. Does it really matter what Sony said about high-end or what? I personally don't want VR in general to failed.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:

You need to read the article, the price points were different with the PSVR being the cheapest of the 3, Sony said it's for the masses, and high end products are not for the masses, even you have some brain capacity to understand even that right? It's not high end more like mid tier.

And you need to educate yourself about VR. You're totally clueless and are arguing like a dolt.

https://uploadvr.com/sony-isnt-entirely-comfortable-psvr-market-lead-current-margin/

With over one million units sold, Sony’s PlayStation VR (PSVR) is thought to be the current leader in high-end VR, possibly topping Oculus Rift and HTC Vive sales. But the company isn’t entirely happy with its supposed lead.

Andrew House, CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, last week told Reuters that he wasn’t “entirely comfortable” with leading the market “by such a margin that seems to be happening right now,” likely referencing Rift and Vive sales.

“With such a brand new category you want a variety of platforms all doing well to create that rising tide and create the audience,” House said. His words suggest House is somewhat concerned about the overall state of the VR market, which has been slow to grow over the past year and a half. Recent price cuts for both the Rift and Vive should hopefully provide a welcome bump in sales, however.

It’s impossible for us to definitively state that PSVR is outselling Rift and Vive as the latter two have never confirmed official sales figures, though their high prices and expensive PC requirements mean PSVR is a far more accessible option for most consumers. While it may be a leader in the high-end space, PSVR hasn’t outstripped the five million owners that Samsung and Oculus’ mobile-based Gear VR enjoys, though bundle deals and giveaways make it unclear exactly how many of these were sold.

Fortunately for Sony, then, stiff competition should be on the way soon. In October, Microsoft will launch a new range of Windows 10 VR headsets in partnership with companies like Dell and Lenovo, representing a more affordable, accessible way to get into PC VR with inside-out tracking. It’s also thought that Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox One X console will one day get VR support of its own to more directly compete with PSVR.

https://www.popsci.com/choose-right-vr-gear-for-you#page-9

With the premium Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and PSVR headsets at the high end, the cheaper phone-based VR headsets at the low end, and Microsoft's brand-new Mixed Reality category somewhere in the middle, you have plenty of VR options to choose from. Next-gen headsets probably won't appear for a couple more years, so now is the perfect time to get started.

?? What were you saying again? You keep owning yourself every time you post in this thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: And yet, you are comparing a console VR to PC VR tech wise. Does it really matter what Sony said about high-end or what? I personally don't want VR in general to failed.

Because the PC VR devices are high end, and if cows want to reference PSVR as high end then you compare it to those that are high end, pretty simple concept dav, so yes it does matter because cows are claiming it to be high end, and that article proves the price points and who they are aimed at contradict the cows claims, do you agree or are you going to try and spin it like your fellow cows?

So dav have you purchased a VR device, because the only way to make sure something doesn't fail is to buy it.

So a simple yes or no on both will suffice dav, no spin just direct answers for just once.

I've gotta head out for a few hours, but I will be back later for a laugh :)

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

Because the PC VR devices are high end, and if cows want to reference PSVR as high end then you compare it to those that are high end, pretty simple concept dav, so yes it does matter because cows are claiming it to be high end, and that article proves the price points and who they are aimed at contradict the cows claims, do you agree or are you going to try and spin it like your fellow cows?

So dav have you purchased a VR device, because the only way to make sure something doesn't fail is to buy it.

So a simple yes or no on both will suffice dav, no spin just direct answers for just once.

I've gotta head out for a few hours, but I will be back later for a laugh :)

Everyone including Sony references the PSVR as high-end as my links show. If Sony didn't think they were high-end they wouldn't be proclaiming themselves as the market leaders of high-end VR since Samsung already rules the low-end space. Seriously dude, just click and read the links I've posted and stop spouting horse shit. You're not even trying to make an argument here, you're just spouting your bullshit opinion as fact and ignoring all logic and reasoning. It doesn't matter whether you or I consider them as high-end or not it's what they've been branded as due to the market they target.

? I know this is SW and being stupid around here is for the lulz sometimes but you're carrying it to new heights right now.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: Getting myself a HTC Vive on Black Friday and I never ever said PSVR is high-end, I knew it's meant for console only and if anyone wants a high tech VR, you can get it on PC, simple as that. Also have a nice night (dark here in the U.S) and I'm sure we'll have a nice conversion in the future :)

You Xbox fanboys are so full of yourself.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

And you need to educate yourself about VR. You're totally clueless and are arguing like a dolt.

https://uploadvr.com/sony-isnt-entirely-comfortable-psvr-market-lead-current-margin/

With over one million units sold, Sony’s PlayStation VR (PSVR) is thought to be the current leader in high-end VR, possibly topping Oculus Rift and HTC Vive sales. But the company isn’t entirely happy with its supposed lead.

Andrew House, CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, last week told Reuters that he wasn’t “entirely comfortable” with leading the market “by such a margin that seems to be happening right now,” likely referencing Rift and Vive sales.

“With such a brand new category you want a variety of platforms all doing well to create that rising tide and create the audience,” House said. His words suggest House is somewhat concerned about the overall state of the VR market, which has been slow to grow over the past year and a half. Recent price cuts for both the Rift and Vive should hopefully provide a welcome bump in sales, however.

It’s impossible for us to definitively state that PSVR is outselling Rift and Vive as the latter two have never confirmed official sales figures, though their high prices and expensive PC requirements mean PSVR is a far more accessible option for most consumers. While it may be a leader in the high-end space, PSVR hasn’t outstripped the five million owners that Samsung and Oculus’ mobile-based Gear VR enjoys, though bundle deals and giveaways make it unclear exactly how many of these were sold.

Fortunately for Sony, then, stiff competition should be on the way soon. In October, Microsoft will launch a new range of Windows 10 VR headsets in partnership with companies like Dell and Lenovo, representing a more affordable, accessible way to get into PC VR with inside-out tracking. It’s also thought that Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox One X console will one day get VR support of its own to more directly compete with PSVR.

With the premium Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and PSVR headsets at the high end, the cheaper phone-based VR headsets at the low end, and Microsoft's brand-new Mixed Reality category somewhere in the middle, you have plenty of VR options to choose from. Next-gen headsets probably won't appear for a couple more years, so now is the perfect time to get started.

?? What were you saying again? You keep owning yourself every time you post in this thread.

First let's start with the fact my article pre dates yours by 18 months, a LOT of water has passed under the virtual bridge since then, but the PSVR is not high end because all of a sudden it's selling more than the 2 high end offerings even though they have lowered their price now to compete with they're mid-tier competitor Sony.

Now the first part of the bolded part is said by the author of the article not Sony, right now we have the part cleared up, lets look at the other parts. Now yes Andrew does say it's the leader in high end, but your article is recent, and we know that Samsung has beat all VR devices

But since you're also using "other" people I will use This article who refers to it as "mid-tier" and here's another that states it as mid-tier.

As for your second link it didn't work, but again from the snippet you posted it's from the creator of the article and not Sony.

Have fun spinning that quack lol.

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: Getting myself a HTC Vive on Black Friday and I never ever said PSVR is high-end, I knew it's meant for console only and if anyone wants a high tech VR, you can get it on PC, simple as that. Also have a nice night (dark here in the U.S) and I'm sure we'll have a nice conversion in the future :)

You Xbox fanboys are so full of yourself.

That's the long way of saying yes you agree it's not high end, and no that you don't own a VR device.

As for my "kind" being full of ourselves, well we don't call ourselves the "master race" now that's what you call full of it lol.

Sleep tight and don't let the VR bed bugs bite :P

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By QuadKnight
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

First let's start with the fact my article pre dates yours by 18 months, a LOT of water has passed under the virtual bridge since then, but the PSVR is not high end because all of a sudden it's selling more than the 2 high end offerings even though they have lowered their price now to compete with they're mid-tier competitor Sony.

Now the first part of the bolded part is said by the author of the article not Sony, right now we have the part cleared up, lets look at the other parts. Now yes Andrew does say it's the leader in high end, but your article is recent, and we know that Samsung has beat all VR devices

But since you're also using "other" people I will use This article who refers to it as "mid-tier" and here's another that states it as mid-tier.

As for your second link it didn't work, but again from the snippet you posted it's from the creator of the article and not Sony.

? Now you're not even trying to make sense.

Andrew House says its high end and he was the head of Sony Playstation when he made that comment, right? So how can you say with the same breath that Sony doesn't think PSVR is high end? WTF dude, try and at least make sense with your arguments. You can't be arguing and contradicting yourself like this.

Andrew House and the author both say PSVR is high end, multiple sources categorize PSVR as high-end, yet you want us to believe it belongs in a fictional mid-tier group by itself. How can Sony be boasting about leading a market if at the same time they believe they are the only ones in that market? They most certainly don't believe they are competing with Samsung in the mid-tier range and they aren't bothering with Google cardboard so logic demands that they are competing with Oculus and Vive. ?To top it off your articles pre-date mine by several months and are from sketchy sources lol.

? Your logic makes zero sense but I guess I should expect no sense from a lemming that still believes Kinect is alive even after MS has abandoned and stopped manufacturing it.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@i_p_daily: People still make games for the Atari 2600, doesn't mean it's not dead.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 QuadKnight

@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: People still make games for the Atari 2600, doesn't mean it's not dead.

Exactly, dude is a clown.

Dreamcast is still getting games and that has been dead for over a decade.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

Andrew House says its high end and he was the head of Sony Playstation when he made that comment, right? So how can you say with the same breath that Sony doesn't think PSVR is high end? WTF dude, try and at least make sense with your arguments. You can't be arguing and contradicting yourself like this.

Andrew House and the author both say PSVR is high end, multiple sources categorize PSVR as high-end, yet you want us to believe it belongs in a fictional mid-tier group by itself. How can Sony be boasting about leading a market if at the same time they believe they are the only ones in that market? They most certainly don't believe they are competing with Samsung in the mid-tier range and they aren't bothering with Google cardboard so logic demands that they are competing with Oculus and Vive. ?To top it off your articles pre-date mine by several months and are from sketchy sources lol.

? Your logic makes zero sense but I guess I should expect no sense from a lemming that still believes Kinect is alive even after MS has abandoned and stopped manufacturing it.

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:

No my original article pre-dates yours by 18 months and was stated by PlayStation executive vice president Masayasu Ito at Polygon who says and I quote

"If you just talk about the high-end quality, yes, I would admit that Oculus may have better VR," he said. "However, it requires a very expensive and very fast PC. The biggest advantage for Sony is our headset works with PS4. It's more for everyday use, so it has to be easy to use and it has to be affordable. This is not for the person who uses a high-end PC. It's for the mass market."

When one thinks of high end they don't think affordable or for the masses.

Why House calls it high end is anyone's guess.

As for my sources being sketchy, well you linked a science site that when I clicked on the link the article didn't even appear lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily: My article is more recent than yours and Andrew House was more relevant at Sony than the guy you're quoting. He was the head of Sony playstation when he made the claims making his words more valuable than the guy you're quoting. Thanks for admitting you failed and I was right all along lol. ? You self-owned yourself in the process of trying to prove PSVR isn't considered high end VR.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:

@i_p_daily: My article is more recent than yours and Andrew House was more relevant at Sony than the guy you're quoting. He was the head of Sony playstation when he made the claims making his words more valuable than the guy you're quoting. Thanks for admitting you failed and I was right all along lol. ? You self-owned yourself in the process of trying to prove PSVR isn't considered high end VR.

That's your response, my guy is higher up than your guy, man that's weak even for a lowly debater such as yourself :(

But I found more of the interview and it adds a few extra tid bits you might be interested in.

Especially the directive from mr house himself that states PSVR must be affordable which means he wants it to sell to the masses and we both know that high end is anything but affordable and not for the masses.

Also mr Ito took over as head honcho of development of the PSVR in 2014 and made a few changes to it, so he would know what he's talking about more than mr House.

You can keep up with the "your owning yourself" smokescreen all you want it doesn't change the facts, i'm actually surprised you're not using your usual gifs as you do when you're getting badly beat up in a debate lol.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Pimax 8k

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pimax8kvr/pimax-the-worlds-first-8k-vr-headset

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

That's your response, my guy is higher up than your guy, man that's weak even for a lowly debater such as yourself :(

But I found more of the interview and it adds a few extra tid bits you might be interested in.

Especially the directive from mr house himself that states PSVR must be affordable which means he wants it to sell to the masses and we both know that high end is anything but affordable and not for the masses.

Also mr Ito took over as head honcho of development of the PSVR in 2014 and made a few changes to it, so he would know what he's talking about more than mr House.

You can keep up with the "your owning yourself" smokescreen all you want it doesn't change the facts, i'm actually surprised you're not using your usual gifs as you do when you're getting badly beat up in a debate lol.

How can the Vice President of Playstation be higher than the President and CEO of Playstation?

? What kind of drugs are you on? No he isn't lol.

President and CEO > Executive Vice President.

Your interview is old and by a lower ranking member of the company. You've automatically lost the argument. Andrew House was the top guy at Playstation and the boss of the guy you quoted lol. Jesus dude, you're the worst debater on this forum and the biggest self-owner i've seen in a long time.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#93  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

PSVR. lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@quadknight said:

How can the Vice President of Playstation be higher than the President and CEO of Playstation?

? What kind of drugs are you on? No he isn't lol.

President and CEO > Executive Vice President.

Your interview is old and by a lower ranking member of the company. You've automatically lost the argument. Andrew House was the top guy at Playstation and the boss of the guy you quoted lol. Jesus dude, you're the worst debater on this forum and the biggest self-owner i've seen in a long time.

I don't think you are grasping what i'm saying here quack (no big surprise there) I'm saying that "you're" only argument is that my guy is higher up than your guy, understand now? and you wanna talk about being on the wacky tobaccy.

Now again Ito took over as head honcho on PSVR in 2014 and knows the ins & out's of the device, he is more qualified to talk about the device not House, in fact this is the full article that goes into great detail about the PSVR and Andrew Houses name only comes up when the price point is referenced and it's about Houses directive to keep it "affordable" and how Sony had to make certain tech trade offs in order to keep the price as low as possible. That doesn't sound high end to me.

So you're only left with my guy is higher up argument and it's a weak one, but it's no surprise considering to whom i'm talking to lol.

I'd take the word of the guy who's involved in making the product over the head of the company who from all reports had very little to do with the product, well other than shilling it of course.

Take the L man and move on.

My work here is done :)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Pedro

Why all of this negativity towards a failing peripheral? Lets celebrate the time the PSVR lived 2016-2017. RIP PSVR you will not be missed.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By QuadKnight

@i_p_daily:

? Yea run away clown. I’d run too if I got owned to hell like you did in this thread. You’ve been proven wrong on all counts. First you said your guy was more senior than Andrew House now you’re trying to spin it that your article is a more “complete interview” after being proven wrong. ? GTFO clown, you’ve been owned. Take that L and pocket it you filthy lem. You lemmings have been taking so many Ls this gen you’ve lost your damn minds lmao.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:

@i_p_daily:

? Yea run away clown. I’d run too if I got owned to hell like you did in this thread. You’ve been proven wrong on all counts. First you said your guy was more senior than Andrew House now you’re trying to spin it that your article is a more “complete interview” after being proven wrong. ? GTFO clown, you’ve been owned. Take that L and pocket it you filthy lem. You lemmings have been taking so many Ls this gen you’ve lost your damn minds lmao.

WOW you don't even read what people write, either that or you have extremely bad reading comprehension as I never said Ito was more senior then House, oh shit i'm not going to explain it for a third time to you as you're incapable of understanding it anyway.

Enjoy that L quack, and perhaps go see one.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#98  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Pedro said:

Why all of this negativity towards a failing peripheral? Lets celebrate the time the PSVR lived 2016-2017. RIP PSVR you will not be missed.

also RIP PS4 2013- nov 7 2017

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#99  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Don't know about that, they expected slow adoption rates and I'm always someone on the lookout for some cool new tech, I think there is potential and the numbers are decent enough so that we may see more of it in the future, they just might be more conservative with the budgets and experiences they are going for. I commend Sony for having the guts to go first(for consoles anyways) and although I don't feel the need to get one now, it's a tech I'm keeping an eye out for so that one day if it hits all the right notes and there is a game for it I really want, I'll bite.