[PSVR] Blood & Truth looking rather AAA up in the hizzouse! (from the London Heist devs)

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 608 Posts

When I say AAA, I mean production quality and budget is improving. I don't mean this game will score a 9/10 or above on Gamespot (I'm feeling like Blood & Truth will likely get a 7-8 in most places). Game comes out May 28th.

Could this be what a future Uncharted VR experience is like?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

Looks cool. I have yet to play a shooter with my PSVR.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3019 Posts

That's looking pretty fucking cool. Getting hyped.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

Yeah, it's gonna be dope. I'm loving all the PSVR attention this place has been getting lately. People are finally noticing how amazing this little headset is. :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58897 Posts

Too British.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

looks in between AA to AAA to me.

not full AAA. I see tons of corners cut.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

How on rails will it be? London Heist was nothing but rails.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

That was funny, thanks for the laugh OP :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@freedomfreak: It's node based, not rails. Basically you have a bunch of leeway about where you want to go at any given time. This goes hand in hand with the cover fire system, ducking behind objects, peeking around corners etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@KBFloYd: Nah dude it's AAA. The dev confirmed it themselves.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I may have to hook my PSVR up again soon.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Yeah it probably looks good enough on screen wait till you strap the VR helmet to your face and you're looking at a blurry low res mess up close.

Never mind, if you get bored you can always count the pixels which you will see individually clear as day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@blueinheaven said:

Yeah it probably looks good enough on screen wait till you strap the VR helmet to your face and you're looking at a blurry low res mess up close.

Never mind, if you get bored you can always count the pixels which you will see individually clear as day.

Lol, dude, somebody never played Astro Bot, Wipeout, Moss, DiRT Rally, GT Sport, Ace Combat, Firewall Zero Hour, Farpoint, Superhot, Thumper, Resi 7 (minus the very first outdoor part), Batman Arkham, The Persistence, Eve Valkyrie, Creed, Beat Saber, Psychonauts, DOOM, Rigs etc etc. The graphics in these PSVR games are clean and crisp and beautiful, especially on the Pro.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 blueinheaven
@subspecies said:
@blueinheaven said:

Lol, dude, somebody never played Astro Bot, Wipeout, Moss, DiRT Rally, GT Sport, Ace Combat, Firewall Zero Hour, Farpoint, Superhot, Thumper, Resi 7 (minus the very first outdoor part), Batman Arkham, The Persistence, Eve Valkyrie, Creed, Beat Saber, Psychonauts, DOOM, Rigs etc etc. The graphics in these PSVR games are clean and crisp and beautiful, especially on the Pro.

I've played a lot of games in VR on a PS4 Pro over a period of a few weeks and was absolutely shocked at how low res the graphics are. If you're happy with that kind of graphical quality I envy you, you have obviously just got into VR having played all your other games on a PS2.

I'm fully aware the graphics suffer in order to reach the required framerate for VR on what is already weak hardware but let's get real here they absolutely suck ass compared to playing these games on a normal TV screen in the resolution they were meant to be played in.

PS4 Pro is far, far too weak a system to accomodate VR. PS5 is where VR will get real or if you absolutely have to have it now buy a good PC and enjoy a massively superior VR experience.

Like I said if you're happy with it good for you but to give people who may be considering PSVR the impression that the graphics are great is just plain dishonest.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#15  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

The problem with these games is that they are extremely linear and scripted. Almost an on rails experience like the old Virtua Cop games. Feels like you are just on a ride instead of making choices and playing at your own pace.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@blueinheaven said:
@subspecies said:
@blueinheaven said:

I've played a lot of games in VR on a PS4 Pro over a period of a few weeks and was absolutely shocked at how low res the graphics are. If you're happy with that kind of graphical quality I envy you, you have obviously just got into VR having played all your other games on a PS2.

I'm fully aware the graphics suffer in order to reach the required framerate for VR on what is already weak hardware but let's get real here they absolutely suck ass compared to playing these games on a normal TV screen in the resolution they were meant to be played in.

PS4 Pro is far, far too weak a system to accomodate VR. PS5 is where VR will get real or if you absolutely have to have it now buy a good PC and enjoy a massively superior VR experience.

Like I said if you're happy with it good for you but to give people who may be considering PSVR the impression that the graphics are great is just plain dishonest.

It's like you didn't even read my comment. Did you, or did you not, play any of those games I listed on a Pro? The graphics are super nice, dude.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blueinheaven
@subspecies said:
@blueinheaven said:
@subspecies said:
@blueinheaven said:

It's like you didn't even read my comment. Did you, or did you not, play any of those games I listed on a Pro? The graphics are super nice, dude.

I read your comment and didn't need to remark individually on a load of games you played as I saw for myself what PSVR has to offer. If it makes you happy - Wipeout, Farpoint, Superhot (which hardly even qualifies as having graphics lol), RE7 - played it on Pro normally before trying it on VR massive downgrade to say the very least, The Persistence and loads of others that you haven't mentioned at all I wanted to like VR but couldn't get past the suckass graphics.

I totally get why people like VR, the experience was great it's very immersive but the graphics just looked like shit the hardware is just far too weak to maintain the graphics and the high framerate needed to make VR work. You need to stop passing on your own incredibly low standards to other people who may actually be on the brink of shelling out money for this thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@blueinheaven said:
@subspecies said:
@blueinheaven said:
@subspecies said:
@blueinheaven said:

I read your comment and didn't need to remark individually on a load of games you played as I saw for myself what PSVR has to offer. If it makes you happy - Wipeout, Farpoint, Superhot (which hardly even qualifies as having graphics lol), RE7 - played it on Pro normally before trying it on VR massive downgrade to say the very least, The Persistence and loads of others that you haven't mentioned at all I wanted to like VR but couldn't get past the suckass graphics.

I totally get why people like VR, the experience was great it's very immersive but the graphics just looked like shit the hardware is just far too weak to maintain the graphics and the high framerate needed to make VR work. You need to stop passing on your own incredibly low standards to other people who may actually be on the brink of shelling out money for this thing.

Well, I mean, yeah, there are of course graphical downgrades. The PS4/Pro is simply not powerful enough for super duper VR graphics, but the graphics in those games are not bad at all. You should try Astro Bot, for example. If you play that game on a Pro (or even an OG) and come back and say the graphics are not really good, then you're just being dishonest, straight up. All in all, though, I do hear you on graphics. If you're the type that is really stuck on having to have the most top notch graphics, well, you're generally not going to get that until the PS5 comes out. Personally, it doesn't bother me at all. I get so immersed in VR games I pretty much forget about the graphics.