PsVita-the best gaming handheld?

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Not sure if this was posted already but sony recently released this new trailer where it shows everything the PSVita can do, basically everything i ever wanted the PSP to do, Sony is doing a great job with PsVita and this trailer for me personally is showing to me that Vita could be the best gaming handheld yet!

This is 3 minutes trailer showcasing what the vita can do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADjMPGOAPhA

one more trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIaJHh60hQY

From the video you can tell the Vita will be able to do:

• Online tournaments
  • Touch pad
  • touch screen
  • Chat, tweet,facebook,check your PSN friends online, like, reply, comment, message and compare trophies all via your PsVita from PS3 and Vita
  • Active online status of your friends gaming and online status
  • Change your themes, avatars and lots more across the ps3 and vita
  • Cross play between the vita and ps3 online ( ex. LBP and lots others )
  • Cross chat between Ps3 and vita
  • Play online
  • Multi party chat rooms across the ps3 and vita
  • Introducing near a new feature that let you close with your friends and find other vita or psn gamers near you
  • play in every possible way with the beta even local split screen or 2 players on the same screen
  • send gifts and more to your friends using "Near"
  • 2 analog sticks
  • uncharted ..enough said
  • augmented reality games with the help of 2 cameras
  • Call of Duty ( cross play between PS3 and Vita? this will explode the world if they do it )
  • GPS
  • Sixaxis motion
  • The whole PSP library of games are playable on Vita

and so much more all for $249.99

The best handheld gaming ever? is sony doing it right? you bet!

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
Can't say I care about most of those things, I'm sure it will be a good device but those most of those won't sell it to me.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

I can do that and more on my Android phone; ask me a year or two after the gadget is out and I'll judge how worth wild the gaming library will be.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
It does look nifty...but gotta wait for release.
spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

The Vita will be a great system, but the DS will be the best handheld for a long, long time it's the PS2 of handhelds.

theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

I bet it will be right up there with the 3ds.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

It does look amazing, I just hope it sells well.

I really hope Sony pushes the idea of CoD MP on the go, then it'll sell like hotcakes.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
It looks to be pretty cool but $250? That's pretty expensive, and I think my PC has better graphics.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

I'd certainly rather have one of these than a 3DS...

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts
We said the same thing when the PSP came out and in the end it was all about games. PSPs library was filled with watered down PS2 ports and it looks like PSV is following in those footsteps. Sony needs to make some new and innovative games that take advantage of the hardware, not just regular games with touch as an add on. It can do so much more than the 3DS, sony needs to show it with GAMES, not technology alone
93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Will it have as much games as the DS?

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I doubt it.
warishuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 warishuku
Member since 2004 • 168 Posts
I don't know if it is the best handheld (time will choose) but definitely it is the most complete.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 finalstar2007

It looks to be pretty cool but $250? That's pretty expensive, and I think my PC has better graphics.tagyhag

Of course your PC has better graphics, i mean you cant compare a handheld to a gaming PC ( assuming you have a very good one ), come on you should know better :P but this as a handheld looking too beast, i pretty much use my psp everyday and tbh not for gaming, i usually use it as my portable time table cheaker for uni :P, or music when on the airplane, quick google search and more, now finally with vita i'll be able to chat with psn friends ( very addicting to chatting with friends on psn ). just confirm MW3 for vita with cross play with ps3 and i'll go for the 3G system sony or activision do it! :P

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

its looking good

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tagyhag

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]It looks to be pretty cool but $250? That's pretty expensive, and I think my PC has better graphics.finalstar2007

Of course your PC has better graphics, i mean you cant compare a handheld to a gaming PC ( assuming you have a very good one ), come on you should know better :P but this as a handheld looking too beast, i pretty much use my psp everyday and tbh not for gaming, i usually use it as my portable time table cheaker for uni :P, or music when on the airplane, quick google search and more, now finally with vita i'll be able to chat with psn friends ( very addicting to chatting with friends on psn ). just confirm MW3 for vita with cross play with ps3 and i'll go for the 3G system sony or activision do it! :P

Yeah but we all know that the Vita is only going to have console ports, and I don't want to play console ports that look even worse than the current consoles (If that's even possible). :P

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

the Vita does look pretty great, but like others said, it comes down to the game library. I know I'm interested in getting one, but'll prob wait a year for somewhat of a price drop or a nice bundle pack. I hope it gets a MH game since I play my psp quite a bit just for MHFU. I think it'll be better than the 3DS, but the actual DS will still be the best selling handheld due to its library that basically is able to cater to all age groups (find me one person who wouldn't want to play mario 64 on the go, though Uncharted on the go is also really awesome if it all works without any major flaws).

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
PSPVita it is not just the best gaming handheld....is the ultimate gaming handheld.It have everything a gamer have dreamed and more.
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
I don't care for most of that to be honest. Plus the DS exist, I consider that the greatest one, it's the ps2 of handhelds.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]It looks to be pretty cool but $250? That's pretty expensive, and I think my PC has better graphics.tagyhag

Yeah but we all know that the Vita is only going to have console ports, and I don't want to play console ports that look even worse than the current consoles (If that's even possible). :P

Ah you probably missed this years sony E3 conference :P. lots of good games. hopefully comes in October, im more looking forward to see what Square Enix will do with the vita, Square pretty much one of the big supports of the psp and i bet their already working on tons of projects for vita, FF15 vita! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDjL-HI5SFw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWsP7_zoVHc

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
It certainly earns two points for having dual analog sticks. 3d games are no longer a chore to play like they were with psp, ds and now 3ds.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tagyhag

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

Ah you probably missed this years sony E3 conference :P. lots of good games. hopefully comes in October, im more looking forward to see what Square Enix will do with the vita, Square pretty much one of the big supports of the psp and i bet their already working on tons of projects for vita, FF15 vita! :P

Oh yeah I remember those two. They're not even 1080p resolution though, I don't see how they can be any fun.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

It could be the greatest device since the invention of the toaster, or it could be a worthless flop. We'll know one day, but to speculate about it is kinda pointless.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

It's not even out yet and it's already the best handheld :roll:

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

but the battery life is horrible...

thats a dealbreaker for me.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]It looks to be pretty cool but $250? That's pretty expensive, and I think my PC has better graphics.tagyhag

Also forgot to mention if you havent owned a psp games and always wanted a game or two on psp you can play them all on vita, confirmed all psp games are playable on Vita. it already has lots of games before it releases :P

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 StealthMonkey4

KBFloYd

And how do you know that? :?

Also you defend the 3DS which has an awful battery life...

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

KBFloYd

You know this how? also i take it you won't be getting a 3DS then

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tagyhag

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

Also forgot to mention if you havent owned a psp games and always wanted a game or two on psp you can play them all on vita, confirmed all psp games are playable on Vita. it already has lots of games before it releases :P

Oh good, that's 5 extra good games then. :P

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 finalstar2007

PSPVita it is not just the best gaming handheld....is the ultimate gaming handheld.It have everything a gamer have dreamed and more.AtariKidX

Couldnt have said this better myself, agreed. pretty much everything i wanted sony to have on the next psp is there plus more

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
It looks to be pretty cool but $250? That's pretty expensive, and I think my PC has better graphics.tagyhag
when the 3DS was $250 and sony announced the price of the Vita to be $250 aswell everyone was shocked and happy about the price being on par with nintendos handheld (and you were one of those people, i remember)...now that the 3DS gets a price cut and all of a sudden now the price of the Vita is to much?
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

tagyhag

Oh yeah I remember those two. They're not even 1080p resolution though, I don't see how they can be any fun.

Oh god your talking about resolution and graphics? you know just forget the vita its just not gonna work for you :P.. if u get one i'll give you a mega cookie :P

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

StealthMonkey4

its basically a psp with even more power consuming power... its common sense.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#34 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

Can't say I'm too interested in it. >.>

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KBFloYd

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

spookykid143

You know this how? also i take it you won't be getting a 3DS then

how do i know? common sense from the psp..

i got a 3ds because i like nintendo.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 StealthMonkey4

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

[QUOTE="KBFloYd"]

KBFloYd

its basically a psp with even more power consuming power... its common sense.

I'm sure they're using the same battery from PSP... :roll:

You have no basis to that claim and are just basing off pure assumption...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KBFloYd

I'm sure they're using the same battery from PSP... :roll:

StealthMonkey4

you think its going to last longer than the 3DS's 4 hours?

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 StealthMonkey4

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]I'm sure they're using the same battery from PSP... :roll:

KBFloYd

Yes I do... I'm not just assuming based on a previous handheld....

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 93BlackHawk93

I really hope Sony pushes the idea of CoD MP on the go, then it'll sell like hotcakes.

StealthMonkey4
CoD is nothing new for handhelds and it doesn't sell on them. It won't sell like hotcakes.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StealthMonkey4

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

93BlackHawk93

CoD is nothing new for handhelds and it doesn't sell on them. It won't sell like hotcakes.

CoD multiplayer on the go?

Yes that will sell like hotcakes if they advertise it right. I think you're underestimating the CoD userbase.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MFDOOM1983
[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

93BlackHawk93

Because this is comparable to its console iterations?
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

93BlackHawk93

no? not even with the addition of 2 analog sticks?
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]I'm sure they're using the same battery from PSP... :roll:

KBFloYd

regarding battery sony saying its like the psp, psp battery never was an issue for me, sadly my fat psp which i bought on release back in 2005 died :( ( still works tho if i plug it in for power ) . used it since 2005, amazing handheld and soon the vita

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tagyhag

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

Oh god your talking about resolution and graphics? you know just forget the vita its just not gonna work for you :P.. if u get one i'll give you a mega cookie :P

I blame my Asian eyes, they can barely see so they only want to see the best. :P
93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 93BlackHawk93

Who would buy a PSV just to play another rehashed CoD on handhelds when it's on superior consoles?

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 StealthMonkey4

Who would buy a PSV just to play another rehashed CoD on handhelds when it's on superior consoles?

93BlackHawk93

It can link between the two. Again you're underestimating CoD's userbase...

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

93BlackHawk93
PSPVita graphics looks almost like a PS3 graphics.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

93BlackHawk93

Trust me, with the new graphics improvment for the vita plus focus on online AND cross play between ps3 and vita in online on MW3 it will sell like hot cakes, whats better than play online domination mode on MW3 against other vita and ps3 players while waiting for the airplane? playing before class?playing while on the bed? if activiosn is smart they'll do it

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MFDOOM1983

Who would buy a PSV and another rehashed CoD on handhelds when it's on superior consoles?

93BlackHawk93
why would you play mario(platformer), mario kart 7 and one of the many fighters on 3ds when you can play the superior console equivalents?