psp 3000 or ipod touch 2g?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flarelord64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 flarelord64
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts
hey guys i need help, in two weeks my school's semester ends and my mom said she would get me an ipod touch 2g 32 gig or a psp. but i cant decide which one to get the psp 3000 or the ipod touch 2g 32 gig? i cant decide and im running out of time!!
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
Get a Zune over an Ipod it's better
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

Do you have a DS, If so, Ipod Touch

Are there games that intrest you on the PSP?, If so, PSP

By mind you the PSP can also hold music and Movies from Memory stick PRO.

WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts
PSP.
Opalescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Opalescent
Member since 2006 • 247 Posts

That really depends. If there are specific games you want on the PSP then go with that. If you already have an iPod the Touch becomes less important. On the other hand, the PSP is a lot bigger physically, and there are a limited number of games that are really any good on that platform, while it looks like the iPhone/iPod Touch platform's been getting the attention of a lot of studios.

Personally, I would recommend the iPod Touch, just because it can do more than just play games, it can also serve as a PDA of sorts, as well as play your music and movies. The PSP can do that too, just not as well. On the other hand, if you're going to mostly play games and not do the rest of that stuff, the PSP does have the advantage of a (slightly) larger screen, and physical buttons as opposed to touch screen and accelerometer.

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
Ipod touch although amazing, its 400$ I think the 32GB a bit to much if you ask me...
flarelord64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 flarelord64
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts
no 32gb is the best for me because i have like 20 gigs of music (19.9 to be exact) and 3 or 4 movies to
Opalescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Opalescent
Member since 2006 • 247 Posts
If that's the case then it's almost certainly the iPod, just because there's no WAY you're gonna fit 20GB onto a PSP memory stick (I think the highest it goes to is 4GB? Don't quote me on that please). In any case, with the iPod you'd still have 12GB left after you put all your music in it, with the PSP I doubt you'd fit a tenth of your songs. Although, I have heard somewhere that they're coming out with high capacity memory sticks for the PSP? On the order of 20GB or something ... but then again, even if they do, you'd barely fit all your music in there and you wouldn't be able to fit any more than that.
noswear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 noswear
Member since 2008 • 3263 Posts
No matter what anyone says, do not get a Zune. It's like a gift from the RIAA.
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

im in your same situation dude....i have been thinking..and im heading more towards the Ipod Touch...

the psp has quite some games i want, plus you have to buy extra memory which is kind of expensive..and its not so portable...fora multimedia device the ipod touch is better and for web browsing too, plus the battery lasts longer than the psp.

also the ipod touch has few games, and maybe there will be more later on.

and what i find as a bad point of the ipod touch, is that apple releases new models like the 1G, 2G so soon and they add new features, which is like.."damn, i should have waited"

:)

Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Theverydeepend
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts
Buy the core psp 3000, and spend 25 dollars for 8 gb memory. Then buy a game you like. Ipod touch is pretty sick though but 2 gb is not worth its money. Don't buy a zune unless you really hate quality.
AppleBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AppleBlade
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts

I sold my PSP and am planning to sell my DS. The reason? I am getting an iPhone next month (for those that don't know it's basically an ipod touch with phone capabilties). So naturally I say go with the iPod Touch.

There are 100's of games available for the touch and they're really cheap. You can find quality games for a couple of dollars. Not only that but it has better battery life then a PSP. For me, I kept on finding that I'd have 15 minutes here and there throughout the day where I could potentially play a game but I never had my PSP or DS with me because who really goes to work or to run errands with a handheld gaming device all the time. But everybody carries there cellphone, now it just so happens that my cellphone will also be my MP3 player and portable gaming device.

SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts
I guess it depends on what you're doing. I have a PSP, and just got a touch a few days ago. The PSP is a better multimedia device (better gaming, better movie screen, decent music functionality), but the touch kills the PSP as a music player, a music/video player, and as a portable device (much better battery life, much smaller). Add to that the awesome apps that continue to come out for the touch, and it's a tough call. I'd say, get the PSP if you're focused on gaming, otherwise get the ipod touch.
Rigga911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rigga911
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
Gameboy advance is the best
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
PSP-3000 has some scanline issues I heard of, but I hear you only have to put it up to your face to be able to see it. If you're looking for gaming, PSP-3000 is DEFINITELY the way to go. Apps on a Touch are nowhere near the games on a PSP. Crisis Core and God of War: Chains of Olympus, and GTA will likely never be on the Touch/iPhone.
TheTrystero024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheTrystero024
Member since 2006 • 567 Posts
Go get an Achos 5....
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

I guess it depends on what you're doing. I have a PSP, and just got a touch a few days ago. The PSP is a better multimedia device (better gaming, better movie screen, decent music functionality), but the touch kills the PSP as a music player, a music/video player, and as a portable device (much better battery life, much smaller). Add to that the awesome apps that continue to come out for the touch, and it's a tough call. I'd say, get the PSP if you're focused on gaming, otherwise get the ipod touch.SeanBond

this ^

I sold my PSP and am planning to sell my DS. The reason? I am getting an iPhone next month (for those that don't know it's basically an ipod touch with phone capabilties). So naturally I say go with the iPod Touch.

There are 100's of games available for the touch and they're really cheap. You can find quality games for a couple of dollars. Not only that but it has better battery life then a PSP. For me, I kept on finding that I'd have 15 minutes here and there throughout the day where I could potentially play a game but I never had my PSP or DS with me because who really goes to work or to run errands with a handheld gaming device all the time. But everybody carries there cellphone, now it just so happens that my cellphone will also be my MP3 player and portable gaming device.

AppleBlade

and this ^

psp_fan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 psp_fan1
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
hey u guys heard abt the psp go if u have a psp 3000 dnt get the psp go its a waste trust me psp 3000 is still popular when the psp go comes and psp go is a big phoney no umd!!!! and lol i dont care if psp go is pocket size psp 3000 is still pocket size and psp go 16g and bluetooth ad stuff PLEASE I CAN DOWNLOAD THIS FROM THE INTERNET
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

yea get the touch. As far as on the go goes, Music > games. Plus it does have some cool useful apps, even if its flooded with garbage

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

[QUOTE="AppleBlade"]

Ipik_Fenris

and this ^

except playing games its battery life is terrible. Unless your just gonna play peggle for 5 minute bursts or something I wouldn't recommend really using the touch as a gaming platform

Z0MBIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Z0MBIES
Member since 2005 • 2246 Posts

AppleBlade

Don't sell your DS if you want handheld gaming. While the iPhone is great, it kind of sucks for gaming.

On topic, I would say iPod touch because overall its more useful and I would personally use it more. However, if you like handheld gaming and already have an mp3 player then I would say go for the PSP.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#22 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
get a 3000
gamingking2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamingking2
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

gameboy is not good at all

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts

What do you want it more for games or music? If for games then go for psp, it has much betters games then the ipod touch. Games on the ipod touch are average at best, there are some good ones but the controls really affect the games negativly. Also the production values are not nearly as high as they are for a psp game. If you want it more for music and movies then i say ipod touch. The psp is great and can do both, but the ipod obviously is more suited for music and movies compared to a psp. If you looking for a fair balance then psp might be better for you, it has great games, but the music and movies take a little more work to organize.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

Do NOT buy an iPod Touch for the games. They all suck and only last you a little while.

Get it for your entertainment needs.

druggyjoe3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 druggyjoe3000
Member since 2006 • 1523 Posts

Get the ipod touch.

reveiwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 reveiwer
Member since 2008 • 650 Posts

PSP-3000 has some scanline issues I heard of, but I hear you only have to put it up to your face to be able to see it. If you're looking for gaming, PSP-3000 is DEFINITELY the way to go. Apps on a Touch are nowhere near the games on a PSP. Crisis Core and God of War: Chains of Olympus, and GTA will likely never be on the Touch/iPhone.GodofBigMacs

gta is coming to the ipod touch

sam_nintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sam_nintendo
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts
[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"]PSP-3000 has some scanline issues I heard of, but I hear you only have to put it up to your face to be able to see it. If you're looking for gaming, PSP-3000 is DEFINITELY the way to go. Apps on a Touch are nowhere near the games on a PSP. Crisis Core and God of War: Chains of Olympus, and GTA will likely never be on the Touch/iPhone.

Scanlines are not an issue. I haven't noticed anything, and nobody talked about it after about a week. If you want a music player, go for the touch. Anything else, go PSP. Even just PS1 classics are a great assortment of reasonably priced high quality games.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Games: PSP 3000

Music: Walkman X or Zune HD

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

PSP.

You can't find Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, Ratchet and Clank, Loco Roco, GTA and many other great games on the iPod Touch/iPhone. Good games only come to devices designed for gaming.

The Nintendo DS has a touch screen, but it also has another screen right above it because Nintendo knows that if you are touching the screen, you are COVERING THE DAMN SCREEN.

The iPod Touch just isn't designed for gaming. End of story.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Ipod touch.

Twig978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Twig978
Member since 2009 • 557 Posts
I have the iPhone 3GS and the games are ok. There are some games that are good but nowhere what the PSP has. If you want a gaming experiance do not get the iPod Touch. I have the PSP Go ($200 @ Fry's on Black Friday with a Patapon game voucher (not the demo)) and it is head and shoulders above an iPhone/iPod Touch. Oh and you aware that the iPod Touch 3G came out right? 3G as in third generation. 3G on iPhones is different.