Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#151 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@b4x: Last time i checked XBL has been hacked before as well it's down just as much I know I've been a member since 2005. The delusional that think XBL is better then PSN is hillarious at this point. It was for awhile but over the past 3 years they have been about the same.

There has never been a time where XBL has been down for days at a time. If XBL was down for a day it was mostly due to maintenance.

Dont even being to try and state that XBL has been shut down before like sony. Hell the last time i recall people had issues with the XBL it was during holiday season when the servers got overun with too many new accounts.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@lawlessx: Sony has been down for days at a time ONCE. And titanfall caused XBL to crash a few months ago.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I find it quite pathetic for anyone to "hack" or digitally "attack" a game company. At least the type where information isn't getting stolen.

I mean...oohhhhhhhh.....those game companies...they're such evil entities. Gotta show the world we mean business by making little Jimmy not able to play his PS4.

**** man....if you're going to hack something do it to someone that deserves it or something...make your hack worth while.

All these lizard ppl are doing is fucking with gamers.....omg....what a fucking dangerous group of ppl.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

I can't even look at my trophies on the ps4 while it's offline...

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#155  Edited By RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

" Lizard Squad has now set their sights on Xbox Live. Xbox Support confirms that service has been affected."

It's a denial of service attack. More common than most people would think. No one is really immune to this.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#156 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

So this "lizardsqaud" is just making it an unfun weekend for everone?

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157  Edited By Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

So this "lizardsqaud" is just making it an unfun weekend for everone?

Lizard Squad @LizardSquad · 9h

Kuffar don't get to play videogames until bombing of the ISIL stops. #ISIL#PSN#ISIS

They're certainly trying.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@Animal-Mother: Definitely a pain in the ass. He also called in a bomb threat on a plane that a Sony exec was on.

I do find it funny that Lems were quick to pounce on this and claim that Sonys network is shit and Microsoft is so much better. Now Lizardsquad is targeting XBL and it is down as well. That sure shut them up pretty quickly.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#159 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@prawephet said:

@Animal-Mother: Definitely a pain in the ass. He also called in a bomb threat on a plane that a Sony exec was on.

I do find it funny that Lems were quick to pounce on this and claim that Sonys network is shit and Microsoft is so much better. Now Lizardsquad is targeting XBL and it is down as well. That sure shut them up pretty quickly.

So both networks are shit. Why are consolites paying to partake in the online services again?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Animal-Mother

Thank you to everyone for responding.

So this guys just a lunatic that will be locked up...

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@bldgirsh: what difference does it make to you? People pay for things they find value in.

I don't smoke or drink(not often anyways). Does that mean I should ask why people spend hundreds of dollars at the bar every weekend? No, not at all.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By RicanV  Moderator

He has also attacked Blizzard and PoE servers. He's attacking gaming on every front. It's not just a console issue.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Animal-Mother

@RicanV: Why though?

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@bldgirsh said:

@prawephet said:

So both networks are shit. Why are consolites paying to partake in the online services again?

This is some funny crap, well it's only funny because of the Xbox idiots on here saying PSN is crap because it can't withstand a DDOS attack. Well Microsoft Azure is great... now imagine cloud power you could be getting on Xbox One while a DDOS is going on, epic.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@nyzma23 said:

@daious said:

@nyzma23 said:

wut paid server and got hacked AGAIN ,they better rent azure datacentre from microsoft which is battle proven

DDOS isn't a hack. Its a flood.

can you flood azure data centre lol not even tsunami can make it offline

Looks like they can

I still don't understand why they are doing these to gaming companies. They aren't going to win sympathy cards from gamers.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 RicanV  Moderator

@Animal-Mother said:

@RicanV: Why though?

I suspect we will eventually get a statement saying he did it for the people. More than likely he wanted his 15 minutes of fame.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts
@tymeservesfate said:

well this took a serious turn....didnit

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/24/6063149/hacker-threat-diverts-flight-carrying-sony-online-president

The hacker group claiming responsibility for today's PlayStation Network outage sent a bomb threat, via Twitter, about an American Airlines flight carrying Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley. Smedley has confirmed he is on the flight and that it was diverted for security reasons. "Something about security and our cargo. Sitting on Tarmac," Smedley tweeted. Polygon has reached out to representatives of Sony Computer Entertainment America, SOE and the Phoenix office of the FBI for additional comment.

Earlier this afternoon, the hacker group that says it brought down PSN tweeted this threat to American Airlines' account. A tweet since taken down also contained an image appearing to show an e-Ticket for Smedley's flight, with a confirmation number, asking Smedley and Sony if this was indeed his flight. The hackers continued to tweet threats about the flight

Both American's flight tracker and FlightAware.com (screenshot above) show American Airlines Flight 362 being diverted from its path to San Diego into Phoenix.

Smedley earlier today mentioned he was flying from Dallas back to San Diego; SOE has significant operations in both areas.

Smedley is an awesome person and an awesome gamer. Hes the best thing to happen to Sony's PC division in a long time.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Dasein808

This is ugly:

http://map.ipviking.com/

Currently viewing 1128 simultaneous attacks into the U.S. with 506 originating from Russia, 220 from within the U.S., 200 from China, etc.

It just keeps updating the map.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Animal-Mother

@RicanV: So just to attack like an immense jerk and get locked up.... Some 15 minutes of fame.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@Dasein808 said:

This is ugly:

http://map.ipviking.com/

Currently viewing 1128 simultaneous attacks into the U.S. with 506 originating from Russia, 220 from within the U.S., 200 from China, etc.

I know about that site, USA was getting attacked so hard by China and brazil Saturday lol.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Dasein808

@Animal-Mother said:

@RicanV: So just to attack like an immense jerk and get locked up.... Some 15 minutes of fame.

I don't believe that this is a single person and I doubt they live in the U.S.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Animal-Mother

@Dasein808 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Probabyl not. when there's a will there's a way though.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 RicanV  Moderator

@Dasein808 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

There's more than one. That's generally how this all goes down. One entity claims it's for the greater good, meanwhile it's just to get their name out there. But it seems like it was from inside the US.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 BldgIrsh

@prawephet said:

@bldgirsh: what difference does it make to you? People pay for things they find value in.

I don't smoke or drink(not often anyways). Does that mean I should ask why people spend hundreds of dollars at the bar every weekend? No, not at all.

Ah, last gen this would've been a completely different argument.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Mr_Huggles_dog

The big bad community of gamers will be taught a lesson.

Apparently, Lizard ppl are mad that gamers don't accept Farmville as hardcore.

We deserve this attack....we should be ashamed of ourselves.

/sarcasm

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 BldgIrsh

@mr_huggles_dog said:

The big bad community of gamers will be taught a lesson.

Apparently, Lizard ppl are mad that gamers don't accept Farmville as hardcore.

We deserve this attack....we should be ashamed of ourselves.

/sarcasm

So, this is somehow tablet gamers fault? It makes sense I guess. Damn people trying to shove microtransaction down our throats. Eyes looking at you Clash of Clans.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Dasein808
@RicanV said:

There's more than one. That's generally how this all goes down. One entity claims it's for the greater good, meanwhile it's just to get their name out there. But it seems like it was from inside the US.

Some of the attacks are originating in the U.S., but if you look at a realtime map of the origins of the attacks and their targets, it seems that the majority are originating from China, followed by the U.S., and Russia against U.S. targets.

Currently showing: 2200 attacks originating from China into the U.S.

1300 attacks from the U.S. into the U.S.

690 from Russia into the U.S.

5600 simultaneous attacks and rising.

The attacks originating from within the U.S. are likely just compromised systems in a larger global botnet.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Fcking hate hackers, dont they have any better things to do than make gamers angry?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#180 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Dasein808 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Extradition treaties are an amazing thing.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 BldgIrsh

@Dasein808 said:
@RicanV said:

Some of the attacks are originating in the U.S., but if you look at a realtime map of the origins of the attacks and their targets, it seems that the majority are originating from China, followed by the U.S., and Russia against U.S. targets.

Currently showing: 2200 attacks originating from China into the U.S.

1300 attacks from the U.S. into the U.S.

690 from Russia into the U.S.

The attacks originating from within the U.S. are likely just compromised systems in a larger global botnet.

This site is interesting...

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Dasein808

@charizard1605 said:

Extradition treaties are an amazing thing.

If these attacks are originating from the countries I listed, then they're unlikely to be cooperative.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Animal-Mother

@charizard1605: Especially when you threaten an airline...

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@daious said:
@tymeservesfate said:

well this took a serious turn....didnit

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/24/6063149/hacker-threat-diverts-flight-carrying-sony-online-president

The hacker group claiming responsibility for today's PlayStation Network outage sent a bomb threat, via Twitter, about an American Airlines flight carrying Sony Online Entertainment president John Smedley. Smedley has confirmed he is on the flight and that it was diverted for security reasons. "Something about security and our cargo. Sitting on Tarmac," Smedley tweeted. Polygon has reached out to representatives of Sony Computer Entertainment America, SOE and the Phoenix office of the FBI for additional comment.

Earlier this afternoon, the hacker group that says it brought down PSN tweeted this threat to American Airlines' account. A tweet since taken down also contained an image appearing to show an e-Ticket for Smedley's flight, with a confirmation number, asking Smedley and Sony if this was indeed his flight. The hackers continued to tweet threats about the flight

Both American's flight tracker and FlightAware.com (screenshot above) show American Airlines Flight 362 being diverted from its path to San Diego into Phoenix.

Smedley earlier today mentioned he was flying from Dallas back to San Diego; SOE has significant operations in both areas.

Smedley is an awesome person and an awesome gamer. Hes the best thing to happen to Sony's PC division in a long time.

except for the fact that he ruined Star War Galaxies, but i agree he is a cool guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605: Especially when you threaten an airline...

Yeah. I mean, a hack is pretty much reason enough (the guy who leaked Half Life 2 before its launch was handed over to the authorities thanks to an extradition treaty, so this would easily be a big enough incident to warrant such a response), but actually issuing a bomb threat officially puts these guys under the terrorist label. They're pretty much screwed.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Animal-Mother

@charizard1605: yeah I remember the hl2 thing they did it under the guise of an invite that got him to the US.

It'll be interesting to watch this unfold

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

Is this the sort of thing you go to holiday resort prison for....or big boy bang me in the ass prison?

I hope they go to bang me in the ass prison.

Edit: Oh wait....did I just read that they did a bomb threat? Thats a "secret never heard from again prison" offense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Animal-Mother said:

@charizard1605: yeah I remember the hl2 thing they did it under the guise of an invite that got him to the US.

It'll be interesting to watch this unfold

Ordinarily, if this were just a hack, I wouldn't care as much (assuming no credit card information or such was lost). But in this case, they've crossed all lines, I hope these guys are caught, and that they are caught soon.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@daious: Why? Cause they feel like it. Though apparently their motto is "Lizards just want to watch the world burn." They want to take Sony out once and for all. People can chose to do whatever they want, but they will have to deal with the consequences.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#190  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Steam was hit by DDOS too for those in denial here's a thread started by a MOD: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=c3bfcec599c6aaed344048a8bb56b3da&p=35709217#post35709217

In fact, Steam was hit before PSN.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

Do can I sue subscriptionstation for this? I hate Sony so I'm looking for any reason to sue them.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Animal-Mother

@charizard1605: agreed there's a line you just don't cross sometimes

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#194 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@Gue1 said:

glad those mofos are getting hacked, I hope that forces them to improve their shit. I'm still pissed at my PSN account getting hacked 3 times on the same week and then Sony refusing to help me out to recover it unless I had the serial number of the PS3 I first created the account. A launch PS3 that got YLOD many years ago.

I'm a poor guy and because of Sony's shitty security they made me lose hundreds of dollars in digital games. Some DLC and lots of PS1 and PS2 classics I had in there... This is one reason why I haven't bought a PS4. Sony holding the online portion of games to ransom like M$ does with XBL really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Paying for a shitty unsecure service that doesn't even offer dedicated servers for most games.

Who are you and what have you done with Gue...?

I really cracked up at that.

Well this sure is FOR GAMERS, huh?

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

@daious said:

@nyzma23 said:

@daious said:

@nyzma23 said:

wut paid server and got hacked AGAIN ,they better rent azure datacentre from microsoft which is battle proven

DDOS isn't a hack. Its a flood.

can you flood azure data centre lol not even tsunami can make it offline

Looks like they can

I still don't understand why they are doing these to gaming companies. They aren't going to win sympathy cards from gamers.

What are you talking ? i can play titanfall just fine with my fried and the site says that limited service ONLY with party chat in diablo 3 which is make sense because blizzard server also get ddosed

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@walloftruth said:

@prawephet said:

Well this is a gaming forum about this kind of stuff, so your analogy doesn't work here.

If the analogy works then it works....I don't see how an analogy has to pertain to the subject matter of the forum.

That makes no sense...it's an analogy.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@handssss: The Nintendo Network may not be the same caliber as XBL and PSN just cause it doesn't have Party Chat, but Nintendo's Online Security is updated monthy, it is constantly changing so there isn't enough time to learn it fully through before it can get hacked. Nintendo is not on the same radar as Sony and Microsoft for hackers, which is a good thing.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By BldgIrsh

@Gue1 said:

Steam was hit by DDOS too for those in denial here's a thread started by a MOD: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=c3bfcec599c6aaed344048a8bb56b3da&p=35709217#post35709217

In fact, Steam was hit before PSN.

It wasn't affected by the DDoS. Nothing was brought down... Steam probably has gotten ddos'd various amounts of time. But, its services have rarely been brought down from it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#200 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@getyeryayasout said:

This blows, I can't even access my account to remove CC info.

I know. I wanted to remove mine. This blows. Ok, they have something against companies I guess. Well hack their internal emails or employee stuff if you need to be a baby. Leave the gamers alone.