Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

91 on Metacritc and folks act like it doesn't exist but Playstation fanboys will make a thread for games scoring 79 nobody has played or heard about.

Switch owns all of you.

Source

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44486 Posts

Picked up my copy today and really looking forward to starting it up tonight. Right now I’m trying to come up with a good name for my island. This is tougher then I thought.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts

oh

wow

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

In Ori 2 you can bash into a dash into a double jump into a slam into a follow up combo and bash away again n keep moving

In Doom 5 you gauss boost around the arena, air dashing, grapple booking as you shoot, rip, tear, explode, and murder ass murder every mother fucker in the room.

In Nioh 2 you have this robust combat system with 3 different stances that you can cycle in an out of on a goober, because with ki pulse you can keep your stamina gauge managed for lengthier strings and do persistant yokai cleansing. Plus each stance has its own set of commands n options.

In Animal Crossing, you pay the bills.

Kind of obvious why the 'excitement" provided by Animal Crossing is downplayed here.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts

Me and my daughter got our copies this morning from Amazon and already playing it. Love it!!!

• Nintendo: Fun
  • Sony: No fun allowed
Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:

In Ori 2 you can bash into a dash into a double jump into a slam into a follow up combo and bash away again n keep moving

In Doom 5 you gauss boost around the arena, air dashing, grapple booking as you shoot, rip, tear, explode, and murder ass murder every mother fucker in the room.

In Nioh 2 you have this robust combat system with 3 different stances that you can cycle in an out of on a goober, because with ki pulse you can keep your stamina gauge managed for lengthier strings and do persistant yokai cleansing. Plus each stance has its own set of commands n options.

Kind of obvious why the 'excitement" provided by Animal Crossing is downplayed here.

All games for nerds who can't make friends.

Animal Crossing is a social experience for real people. Not some self-insert kiddy game that turns you into a god.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

Children's game.

Never understood the appeal to the series.

Travo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Travo
Member since 2020 • 9 Posts

I’m happy to return to the world of Animal Crossing.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

I am having a great time with Animal Crossing. It is the prefect game to just relax with. (to be honest it feels like the prefect game for right about now)

Most chill game ever.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45415 Posts

I really wanted to give it a try, but I just have way too many games to play. I feel like a game like Animal Crossing is a huge time sink. I don't think I'd get to appreciate as much.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#11 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2598 Posts

Not my cup of tea, i prefer harvest moon over it, even though i haven't played neither of them in years.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

All games for nerds who can't make friends.

Animal Crossing is a social experience for real people. Not some self-insert kiddy game that turns you into a god.

lmao

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9430 Posts

So how do these games compare to Stardew Valley?

I never played any Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon. I really enjoyed Stardew Valley though.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61526 Posts

I'll pick it up at some point. I just started Trails of Cold Steel 2 today, and I have RE3 coming up.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5287 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Children's game.

Never understood the appeal to the series.

I doubt that actual children will find Animal Crossing and games similar to it (e.g. Harvest Moon) appealing. They would prefer a game that is more fast-moving and engaging.

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

You make the people in this forum sound like a bunch of protohominids who can't get excited by something it it doesn't have explosions, fast and erratic movement, and shiny objects.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17  Edited By dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts
@pyro1245 said:

So how do these games compare to Stardew Valley?

I never played any Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon. I really enjoyed Stardew Valley though.

It shares very little in common with Stardew Valley. For one thing, Animal Crossing is tied to the real-time clock, so when Tom Nook tells you that a project will be completed tomorrow, he literally means tomorrow. Naturally, this slows the pace of the game way down compared to games like Stardew Valley or Harvest Moon which have their own internal game clocks.

There's no gardening or anything like that in Animal Crossing. The economy, such as it is, is mainly centered around the player collecting items and selling them. There are no explicitly defined goals in Animal Crossing. Each day is what you make of it. If you just want to blow the whole day doing nothing but, say, hunting for beetles, you can. New Horizons does feature a new reward system called Nook Miles that gently encourages you to pursue a variety of activities, but you set your own pace, and there are no penalties whatsoever for ignoring them if you so choose (although a lot of Nook Miles are earned simply doing things you would normally do anyway, such as selling things you've collected, or interacting with the other residents). Of course you also have a house that you can expand and decorate to your heart's content.

And since it is tied to a real-time clock, you experience seasons as they happen in the real world, and certain bugs and fish can only be caught during certain times of the year. There are also in-game holidays that coincide with real-world holidays such as Christmas, Easter, New Years, and so on. Nintendo's goal is for the player to have something new to experience everyday for a year, and it could be many months of play before you've managed to unlock everything. The "end game", if you want to call it that, is to get your town arranged perfectly, the definition of which is left entirely up to you.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

91 on Metashitc huh, did the reviewers let their kids review the game while they played something geared towards adults???

Has Nintendo ever made a game where the main character actually looks like an actual human being? that's a serious question by the way.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

91 on Metashitc huh, did the reviewers let their kids review the game while they played something geared towards adults???

Has Nintendo ever made a game where the main character actually looks like an actual human being? that's a serious question by the way.

Yes. His name is Mario ;)

Serious answer yes. He's from NY.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Yes. His name is Mario ;)

Serious answer yes.

Well what was the game?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11698 Posts

@i_p_daily: Samus looks like a normal person outside her armor suit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@fedor said:

@i_p_daily: Samus looks like a normal person outside her armor suit.

pic?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts

I wasn't going to buy it but I ended getting it... I was a big fan of it on Gamecube so what the hell.

I'll probably get bored of it after a few days but oh well.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: yeah I havent played it since the gamecube, but I liked it.

I'll prob pick it up once it price drops

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fedor

@i_p_daily:

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dzimm
@i_p_daily said:

Watch yourselves, folks, we have a badass here.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen

@i_p_daily said:

lmao. So true. Its like this company is allergic to realistic art directions. When was the last time we've seen anything realistic from Nintendo's first party?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By hardwenzen

@fedor said:

@i_p_daily:

She looks more like a doll, not a realistic person. This is a realistic person.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fedor

@hardwenzen: We'll she's a space bounty hunter in a game set in a futuristic universe. She's not going to be wearing normal present time clothes like Jill Valentine. He also wasn't asking for a "realistic person", just for a human design.

gamefan606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 gamefan606
Member since 2005 • 3930 Posts

@onesiphorus: You'd think that. Back when AC: Wild World was released, my siblings were all between the ages of 4 and 11. I was around 13 and got it on a whim. We all ended up spending hours playing that one game as well as City Folk when that came out a couple of years later. I haven't been as serious about the series since New Leaf, but all of my siblings have been hyped for New Horizons. Needless to say, their experience with the series when they were children has kept them hooked on the series. With all that being said, I always thought of Animal Crossing not as a kid's game but as a game that anyone of any age could find enjoyable.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hardwenzen

@fedor said:

@hardwenzen: We'll she's a space bounty hunter in a game set in a futuristic universe. She's not going to be wearing normal present time clothes like Jill Valentine. He also wasn't asking for a "realistic person", just for a human design.

Not just her clothing, but her face and so on. This is how i picture Samus. if that's the most realistic Nintendo has, then that company doesn't know what's realistic.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fedor

@hardwenzen: Once again, realistic was not the criteria.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@fedor said:

@i_p_daily:

So they have one, congrats Nintendo.

Now less Mario/Zelda/Pokémon and more of the above and even get a bit more realistic would be great.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen

@fedor said:

@hardwenzen: Once again, realistic was not the criteria.

I mean, sure, for a human design i guess she is in that cathegory. On my end, tho i was wondering when was the last time Nintendo made a realistic looking game. A question i've already asked a few times, and the only answer i got from Nintendo fanboys is "because realistic is boring". When i see this kind of answers, it tells me they know damn well they ain't getting anything realistic, so lets just crap on something you won't get anytimes soon.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hrt_rulz01

@i_p_daily: Realistic doesn't make it more fun mate... games like Mario Odyssey or Ori were way more fun to me than most ultra realistic games.

Imo anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@dzimm said:
@i_p_daily said:

Wait, wanting Nintendo to make something mature makes me a bad arse lol.

I don't want bright & colourful from Nintendo, they ALWAYS do that, how about something a little dark & gritty for a more mature audience.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34749 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@dzimm said:
@i_p_daily said:

I don't want bright & colourful from Nintendo, they ALWAYS do that, how about something a little dark & gritty for a more mature audience.

Like Metroid?

You ain't gonna see much blood and guts in Nintendo games. That's kinda like wanting Pixar to do a Quentin Tarantino movie.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34749 Posts

Anywho, I've got the game. Haven't tried it yet. Will probably play it later coop with my lady. It looks nice.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dzimm
@i_p_daily said:
@dzimm said:
@i_p_daily said:

You remind me of the guy I encountered once who proudly said, "You know I'm a hardcore gamer because I refuse to play anything but FPS."

You want to know the sign of a real mature gamer? It's someone who plays what he likes and doesn't give a shit what anybody else thinks about it.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@dzimm said:
@i_p_daily said:

Huh? What is this, 2004?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Fedor

@dzimm said:
@i_p_daily said:
@dzimm said:
@i_p_daily said:

You remind me of the guy I encountered once who proudly said, "You know I'm a hardcore gamer because I refuse to play anything but FPS."

You want to know the sign of a real mature gamer? It's someone who plays what he likes and doesn't give a shit what anybody else thinks about it.

You met Ghost?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

I've played a handful of Animal Crossing but not every one in the series. Wild World on the DS was probably the one that got my most playtime.

So far I'm inclined to say this is shaping up to being the best Iteration of the series I've played yet.

The approach with arriving on a deserted island with mostly nothing but trees and weeds, the game's progression relies on your ability to develop the land. I also enjoy the addition of crafting and laying out and modifying the land. I've seen some cool islands that people can develop.

The game starts out sloowwww, and Animal Crossing is a slow series to begin with, but starting the game be ready with having to develop your way to the many commodities now and patience will take place.

So far I'm enjoying this game and the long-term possibilities.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@i_p_daily: Realistic doesn't make it more fun mate... games like Mario Odyssey or Ori were way more fun to me than most ultra realistic games.

Imo anyway.

Making them cartoony all the time doesn't make them fun either, is it too much to ask for Nintendo to make something other than cartoony, colourful, and dare I say it kiddy for once?

If you like those type of games then more power to you, I don't. Can't Nintendo cater for both???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@lebanese_boy said:
@i_p_daily said:
@dzimm said:
@i_p_daily said:

Huh? What is this, 2004?

What? are you like Nintendo stuck in the 90's where cartoony games were the norm?

The age of the average gamer these days is around 30, and Nintendo doesn't cater for most 30yr olds unless they grew up with Nintendo.

I'm not saying they should stop making them altogether, just add something for people who want content that isn't made with children in mind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@Litchie said:
@i_p_daily said:
@dzimm said:
@i_p_daily said:

Like Metroid?

You ain't gonna see much blood and guts in Nintendo games. That's kinda like wanting Pixar to do a Quentin Tarantino movie.

Where did I say blood & guts? mature doesn't mean it has to be gory.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@dzimm: what happens if you take a day (or weeks) off? Does the game just "roll with it"? Because I simply can't play a game every day, let alone the same one, but I did like harvest moon back in the day and am intrigued

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@dzimm said:
@i_p_daily said:
@dzimm said:
@i_p_daily said:

You remind me of a typical SW who has no idea what they're on about.

This has nothing to do with someone being a mature gamer, has nothing to do with casual4ever, and I don't give a shit about your opinion which is all over the road.

This is about ME asking for Nintendo to do something different other than its usual cartoony content. I'm not asking them to stop what they usually do, but add to it and cater for people like me who doesn't want to play cartoony games EVERY single time.

Until they do I will not consider buying a Switch, I have a 3DS that does the same thing (other than playing it on a TV) that the Switch does with the same type of games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hrt_rulz01

@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Imo anyway.

Making them cartoony all the time doesn't make them fun either, is it too much to ask for Nintendo to make something other than cartoony, colourful, and dare I say it kiddy for once?

If you like those type of games then more power to you, I don't. Can't Nintendo cater for both???

Yeah, I see your point... I'd love some more mature games from Nintendo too.

Btw, I finally got my internet working so you'll probably see me back on XBL :)