PS5/XB2 Probably won't have good launch games

#1 Edited by ProtossRushX (5591 posts) -

Will probably see Halo Infinite/Last of Us 2 two mediocre cross gen games that are held back by the original ps4/xb1 as launch titles. Meh.

They will get a few yearly titles that will also be cross gen like AssCreed and CoD. Meh.

We won't see any of the true potential of these systems for awhile.

The Switch launched with Breath of the Wild which had a 105% attach rate more people bought the game than had the system. Since nobody owned the wiiU it was basically exclusive.

So yeah no real point in buying the ps5/xb2 at launch guys. I'm sorry but its just the way it is maybe 1-2 years after they come out they'll get some good real games. Developers all haven't even said there working on ps5/xb2 exclusively so I guess they don't want to do anything big on it yet.

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (53598 posts) -

BotW was cross-gen...

#3 Posted by ProtossRushX (5591 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

BotW was cross-gen...

yeah but it felt like an exclusive to people since barely any1 had a WiiU everyone was like omg wow a new zelda etc

#4 Posted by lundy86_4 (53598 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: There is so much wrong with this thread.

#5 Posted by DaVillain- (37411 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

BotW was cross-gen...

yeah but it felt like an exclusive to people since barely any1 had a WiiU everyone was like omg wow a new zelda etc

Uh, BOTW was targeted for Wii U but with all the delays it had, Nintendo just decided to port it for Switch as part of the launch titles.

Back on topic. I wasn't gonna buy PS5 launch day anyways until a year later. Either way, I will buy PS5 eventually. PC/Switch will do it and I'll still have my PS4 since I still got much to do on that system anyways.

#6 Posted by lundy86_4 (53598 posts) -

The TC undermined his own thread right out of the gate... Congrats lol.

#7 Posted by ProtossRushX (5591 posts) -

@davillain-: yeah man just stick to the ps4 original / xbone and switch :) I'm sure they will get good games eventually and just not worth it at launch.

Switch is definitely worth it at launch tho wowsers that little beast.

#8 Posted by npiet1 (2463 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:
@lundy86_4 said:

BotW was cross-gen...

You can say the same thing about the Xbox one.

#9 Posted by ProtossRushX (5591 posts) -

@npiet1: lol good point

#10 Posted by DaVillain- (37411 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: You try way too hard.

#11 Posted by Pedro (35379 posts) -

#12 Posted by dagubot (1366 posts) -

Just...stop...posting...

#13 Posted by Archangel3371 (28342 posts) -

Scarlett will have Halo Infinite and that’ll be a must have game for me. I’m sure there’ll be at least a couple more games that I’ll be happy to get as well.

#14 Posted by Megavideogamer (6506 posts) -

When a new console generation begins the launch games usually bomb. So Playstation 5 and Xbox scarlet launch games won't be the best as developer still have to really get a handle on the new hardware.

At least Xbox has Halo 6 to debut as a launch game. Still will get PS5 first even if the launch games bomb.

#15 Posted by clone01 (27526 posts) -

Why does this idiot post?

#16 Posted by DaVillain- (37411 posts) -

@Pedro said:

Gotta love ProtossRushX. When you see his thread, you know what time it is.

#17 Edited by jaydan (2386 posts) -

Pretty much expected. New console launches generally are lackluster for the first couple years. Even the Switch was lackluster for the first couple years beside a couple major releases. Only now is it having its best year yet. Just make it the expectation when you are an early adopter of a new console, you will have to endure a smaller library for a while before it picks up traction.

#18 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (19127 posts) -

OP =

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#19 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1616 posts) -

Personally I will not buy consoles at their launch day.

#20 Posted by I_P_Daily (12269 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

OP =

#21 Posted by HitmanActual (1021 posts) -

TC gonna be busy playing his Switch Lite anyways...

#22 Posted by Pedro (35379 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

OP =

#23 Posted by sealionact (4068 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: "The Switch launched with Breath of the Wild which had a 105% attach rate more people bought the game than had the system. Since nobody owned the wiiU it was basically exclusive."

Serious question....which planet are you from?

#24 Posted by Random_Matt (4287 posts) -

It's funny, the switch holds back every game.

#25 Posted by Livecommander (1068 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: unlike other companies a plethora of exclusives are guaranteed for Nintendo and Sony

Why not always buy those systems day 1 and play the upgraded cross/next gen games until the exclusives come ?

Any long time sony fans knows theres never nothing to worry about when it comes to new systems.

Except money in some cases lol

#26 Posted by shellcase86 (4469 posts) -

I doubt TLOU2 will be mediocre.

#27 Posted by Telekill (8537 posts) -

Except.... now hear me out....

... we have no idea what the games at launch will actually be. We don't know what the final specs for next gen are going to be. Hell... we don't even know what the boxes will look like.

#28 Edited by robert_sparkes (3218 posts) -

Who knows what Sony have they have probably had devs working on games for a while. MS who knows some apart from infinite.

#29 Posted by PAL360 (29604 posts) -

I honestly don't care. If i buy a PS5 at launch, it will be to play my massive PS4 library with better performance and no loadings. Great new games come with time.

#30 Posted by djoffer (1420 posts) -

Has any ps/Xbox ever had a decent launch lineup!? Bought the PS3 at launch and was several years before any playable exclusive came out..

#31 Posted by ermacness (8131 posts) -

@davillain-:

But from what I gathered, the ps5 will be "fully" backwards compatible with ps4 games. With this you still wouldn't jump in on a ps5?