PS5, Xbox Scarlett, Switch Pro/Mini - which systems are you interested in right now? Choose all that apply.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
Posted by SolidGame_basic (24345 posts) 1 month, 29 days ago

Poll: PS5, Xbox Scarlett, Switch Pro/Mini - which systems are you interested in right now? Choose all that apply. (87 votes)

PS5 61%
Xbox Scarlett 43%
Switch Pro/Mini 47%

I'm actually interested in all three, but in order of preference:

1. PS5
  2. Switch Pro
  3. Xbox Scarlett

Right now Scarlett is the least favorite since all of MS's games are coming to PC. So I'd rather save my money there in that case. But I still want to check it out because it might be worth it.

How about you, SW? Which of the upcoming systems are you interested in right now?

#1 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

Picked Scarlet as the no-brainer but the truth is my Mighty X1X will due until ..... SuperMighty Xbox Anaconda MegaMonsterBox or bust. :P

#2 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24345 posts) -

@SecretPolice: anaconda? more like garden snake

#3 Posted by SecretPolice (35358 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic:

To recap...a tube on the house from your friendly neighborhood Doc SP...

Use it sparingly, it's almost sold out again. lol :P

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#4 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3329 posts) -

Nintendo is the only company trying anything fresh/new. Sony and Microsoft have y’all excited about ssd’s for some reason. I’ve had an ssd in a PC for almost a decade. Console gamers continue to be the clowns of the tech world

#5 Posted by DaVillain- (37409 posts) -

Already own a Switch and not interest upgrading it. My PC is my ultimate gaming machine for all my needs, no need to buy Xbox Scarlet now MS ports their games on PC and the logical choice is, buy PS5 for their exclusive games. I'm interest investing PS5.

#6 Posted by Archangel3371 (28342 posts) -

I’m interested in all three. Order of preference:

1. Xbox Scarlett

2. Switch Pro

3. PS5

#7 Posted by tdkmillsy (3133 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

I’m interested in all three. Order of preference:

1. Xbox Scarlett

2. Switch Pro

3. PS5

same

#8 Posted by osan0 (15451 posts) -

The PS5. i dont have a PS4 so im planning to get a PS5 and raid the backlog on the PS4 + get a game or 2 for the PS5. im assuming the PS5 will have full BC of course. if not then i may just get a PS4 instead.

no interest in the xbox. if i want to play MSs offerings i will use the PC.....if i can be bothered to install windows on it.

no interest in the new switch models either to be honest. i already have a switch and am generally happy with it. there would have to be something pretty exciting added to make me consider them....horsepower is not enough.

#9 Posted by ronvalencia (28192 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic:

#10 Posted by XVision84 (16283 posts) -

If the Switch Pro has a 1080p screen then I'll buy it.

Already getting PS5.

#11 Posted by Pedro (35374 posts) -

All three. Why not? Its just interest.

#12 Posted by BassMan (10520 posts) -

Only PS5 for Sony exclusives. PC for everything else.

#13 Posted by brimmul777 (4108 posts) -

3 out of 3. I plan on to buy the Nintendo Switch Pro for the first time since the crappy N64. Skipped the PS4 and regretted it, but won't miss out on the PS5. Xbox consoles I always gotten day 1 purchase,plus bus loads of games for each of my Xbox's.

#14 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31402 posts) -

A pure handheld Switch in the formfactor of a Vita would be heaven.

Right now I'm interested in seeing all the new consoles, but chances of me buying any of them are slim to nonexistent.

#15 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (19127 posts) -

Switch "Pro" (depending what the improvements are), and Xbox Scarlett.

#16 Posted by xantufrog (11608 posts) -

Maaaaybe Switch 2 and/or PS5. But not terribly interested in either yet. 1) I don't know what they will be. 2) at this point I could stop buying games and have something to play for the next 6 or 7 years, so... really it's just a lack of self control that will likely give these companies my sale

#17 Edited by freedom01 (3414 posts) -

Im interested in all three of them

#18 Posted by pmanden (686 posts) -

I chose PS5 and xbox.I don't know which one I want the most, but it doesn't really matter, since I'll likely end up owning both sooner or later.

I don't so handheld gaming, so I have zero interest in Switch.

#19 Posted by Epak_ (10690 posts) -

All three.

#20 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (6477 posts) -

I am interest in all of them but its mostly just wanting to see how they look and what the games on them will look like... I will upgrade my Switch in a heart beat and my PS4 Pro to a PS5 regardless of price but the X4/Scarlett?... Eh I have a PC.

#21 Posted by jeezers (3145 posts) -

I'm atleast interested in all 3, but mostly in the switch revision. I'll proabably upgrade mine to the pro and the mini I'm interested in for the girlfriend, sick of sharing

#22 Edited by DragonfireXZ95 (25449 posts) -

I'm happy with my PC, but I'll vote PS5 since it has BC. Never wasted money on the crappy hardware that was the PS4, so being able to get less crappy hardware and being able to play all the PS4 and PS5 games sounds alright to me.

Of course, online subscriptions that monopolize your internet are the scourge of modern gaming, so I'll never dish out for PS+ or any of that garbage.

#23 Posted by SolidGame_basic (24345 posts) -
@jeezers said:

I'm atleast interested in all 3, but mostly in the switch revision. I'll proabably upgrade mine to the pro and the mini I'm interested in for the girlfriend, sick of sharing

I'm kinda intrigued by the idea of a mini. But I'd rather have a more powerful version.. I guess we'll see. I hope they come out this year.

#24 Edited by scatteh316 (10252 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

Nintendo is the only company trying anything fresh/new. Sony and Microsoft have y’all excited about ssd’s for some reason. I’ve had an ssd in a PC for almost a decade. Console gamers continue to be the clowns of the tech world

So I have and yet I've never seen load times on AAA games like Sony demo'd.

#25 Posted by Telekill (8536 posts) -

I don't do mid-gen upgrades and already have a Switch. So that's out. I also don't buy Xbox products since the first. There are many reasons for this.

That leaves PS5. I don't have any real hype for next gen yet but will eventually have a PS5. I'm guessing hype will come with a full reveal and next gen game showcases.

#26 Posted by Ant_17 (12695 posts) -

PS5 and Switch mini.

#27 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10399 posts) -

I'm interessted in all of them, but I need to see more to actually buy them. As always with me, they need to offer enough my PC doesn't for me to buy it. I really hate the censoring route Sony is taking currently, so it needs some strong exclusives for me to bother. As long as xBox games are best played on PC, I don't need Scarlet. Currently I'm most interessted in a Switch Pro, but I want it to be MUCH stronger than the current Switch. And please have at least a full HD screen on the handheld.

#28 Posted by I_P_Daily (12269 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

First off cows are excited about ssd's as Sony was the first to show it and cows go ooh ah at anything Sony show them.

And Nintendo is trying something new? they've been doing hand held gaming device for how long now?

Console gamers are the champions of software purchasing thus supporting developers. Hermits are the clowns of the gaming industry as they support tech companies and purchase games on the cheap or steal them.

#29 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3329 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Console gamers are the champions of software purchasing

#30 Posted by Pedro (35374 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

So I have and yet I've never seen load times on AAA games like Sony demo'd.

That is a good observation. The Switch has solid state storage and its load times are not particularly great.

If the next gen consoles storage are going to be 40 times faster than their current HDD, we are talking about 3,200 MB/s. If developers are aiming to utilize these high speeds in their games it would be interesting to see what happens to same version of these games on older platforms.

#31 Posted by AJuiceMatts (51 posts) -

All i need is a Switch.

Will happily upgrade to Switch Pro or Switch Mini, depending on what they offer.

#32 Posted by Basinboy (13914 posts) -

Only system I have zero interest in is Switch iterations. I am slightly interested in what MS will do, but every indication is that it will either be considerably similar to PS5 and, if not, still be suboptimal to PC gaming options, either of which I’d select over Scarlett.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#33 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1616 posts) -

I'm a sim racing gamer so I choose Xbox Scarlett (Primary) for Forza Motorsport 8, then Playstation 5 (Secondary) for Gran Turismo 7.

#34 Posted by LankMint (1 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: Wow. Ask people what they're interested in and then mock them when they choose something you don't like.

#35 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8645 posts) -

At this point, just ps5. Maybe switch.

#36 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3329 posts) -

I’m interested in the Switch Mini as my 4 (almost 5) year old kids first console. Sony and Microsoft don’t move the needle at all at the moment, but I’m sure I will buy 2-3 of each when they launch.

#37 Posted by MarkoftheSivak (380 posts) -

well i upgraded to 30 months of Game Pass for $1 so definitely getting a Scarlett.

I have been planning on getting the more powerful Switch even before it was introduced so that's my number 1.

Will get a PS5 as well sometime down the road, but not day 1 like the other two.

#38 Posted by Nirgal (27 posts) -

As far of simple interest and curiosity , I’m interested in all of them. But for now I would only consider buying the switch pro. The games are very different form what I can get on pc, and the portability factor makes it much more appealing.