PS5 will crush Series X

Avatar image for Sagemode87
Sagemode87

1588

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 1588 Posts

Can't believe this is even being debated. Sony has proven themselves generation after generation as consistent. They have more proven IPs more proven developers , more attractive hardware, will have more players online, VR, fastest IO, most popular controller, etc. How did this even become a discussion just because Xbox has a slight advantage ON PAPER? How many generations does it take to realize PS will stay on top unless they screw things up? Playstation sells well everywhere, Xbox only sales good in US. This gens digital sales ensure most PS4 owners will stick with PS5. Xbox sales will be doubled again.

Avatar image for latech84
LAtech84

254

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 254 Posts

Why are you so obsessed with PlayStation? It's a little much and too over the top in my opinion. I am not trying to be mean but tone it down a little please.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

2264

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 2264 Posts

Dunno, i'm kinda worried about my future PS5. I have already downloaded a few programs, i'll try to overclock its underpowered 9.2tflops gpu and a semi mediocre cpu, but i'm very worried about it not being able to overclock very well because of heat issues. Its just a not very well designed console 🤔

Avatar image for joebones5000
joebones5000

3099

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 joebones5000
Member since 2016 • 3099 Posts

Probably. I'll go Sony this gen.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

41053

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 41053 Posts

Series X is really stressing you bud.

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

1305

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#6 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 1305 Posts

Probably? But empires rise and fall.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

8339

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 8339 Posts

PS5 SSD is the greatest gift tech god could give to mankind.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

16818

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 16818 Posts

@latech84 said:

Why are you so obsessed with PlayStation? It's a little much and too over the top in my opinion. I am not trying to be mean but tone it down a little please.

His post reeks of insecurity, can't you tell?

Avatar image for latech84
LAtech84

254

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 254 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@latech84 said:

Why are you so obsessed with PlayStation? It's a little much and too over the top in my opinion. I am not trying to be mean but tone it down a little please.

His post reeks of insecurity, can't you tell?

Yes you are correct it does and yes I can tell very clearly.

Avatar image for Syn_Valence
Syn_Valence

1829

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 Syn_Valence  Online
Member since 2004 • 1829 Posts

Because Lemmings never learn and love eating their own words. Microsoft is a bunch of morons who couldn't operate a push cart.

Avatar image for SUD123456
SUD123456

5715

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 5715 Posts

Have you seen the size of it? Of course it will crush the Xbox especially if dropped on it from more than a few feet high.

Also, you seem quite insecure in making this highly informative and valuable thread.

Avatar image for X_CAPCOM_X
X_CAPCOM_X

8967

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#12 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 8967 Posts

Not necessarily. Just because the console itself is that much bigger and bulkier does not mean it is more durable/weighs more. Series X could indeed crush PS5.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

8339

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 8339 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Not necessarily. Just because the console itself is that much bigger and bulkier does not mean it is more durable/weighs more. Series X could indeed crush PS5.

we may need a drop test to prove this point. I vote for PS5 due to engineering marvel of that SSD 🙈🙈

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

41053

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 66

User Lists: 0

#14 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 41053 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

Not necessarily. Just because the console itself is that much bigger and bulkier does not mean it is more durable/weighs more. Series X could indeed crush PS5.

Those thin fins at the top look very fragile, so you maybe onto something.

Avatar image for briguyb13
briguyb13

4314

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#15 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 4314 Posts

You heard it straight from a big chicken mascot of some sorts, so it must be true.

Avatar image for BlackShirt20
BlackShirt20

1735

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 1735 Posts

@Sagemode87: Maybe. But XSX will always out perform the PS5. Always. It just much more powerful and superior in terms of hardware.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

2757

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 2757 Posts

i think ps5 still will outsold xbox. but i think it will be abit closer than this gen.

Avatar image for mtron32
mtron32

4068

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#18 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4068 Posts

you need to get laid...

Avatar image for verbtex
verbtex

9170

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#19 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9170 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Can't believe this is even being debated. Sony has proven themselves generation after generation as consistent. They have more proven IPs more proven developers , more attractive hardware, will have more players online, VR, fastest IO, most popular controller, etc. How did this even become a discussion just because Xbox has a slight advantage ON PAPER? How many generations does it take to realize PS will stay on top unless they screw things up? Playstation sells well everywhere, Xbox only sales good in US.

Man, if you had told me this right before the PS3 released, I'd agree with you. 6 months after the release of the PS3? Now I'm laughing at you.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

31135

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 31135 Posts

Well there you go then. I mean there’s really no reason for Microsoft to even bother. If you’re not number one then you’re not even making any money or being successful.

/sarcasm

It’s almost like this upcoming Microsoft event has some people here rattled. 🤔

Avatar image for wiiboxstation
Wiiboxstation

1533

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#21 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1533 Posts

In other late breaking news water is wet.

Avatar image for Fairmonkey
Fairmonkey

1612

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 1612 Posts

Playstation has a lot more games I prefer besides Halo and VR support which is a win to me. If they continue that trend like they have every gen, then the PS5 will crush the Series X in my eyes. I have a PC anyways so I'm good. Content > Graphics

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

5662

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#23 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 5662 Posts

@Sagemode87: "PS will stay on top unless they screw things up?"

Like building a bigger, weaker, uglier console than xsx? Like designing the first console ever that can't stand vertically or horizontally without a support? Like releasing a console in 2020 with 175gb less storage than the previous console?

Avatar image for Epak_
Epak_

11001

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#24 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11001 Posts
@sealionact said:

@Sagemode87: "PS will stay on top unless they screw things up?"

Like building a bigger, weaker, uglier console than xsx? Like designing the first console ever that can't stand vertically or horizontally without a support? Like releasing a console in 2020 with 175gb less storage than the previous console?

More like suddenly losing any worthwile exclusives.

Avatar image for X_CAPCOM_X
X_CAPCOM_X

8967

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#25 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 8967 Posts

@sakaixx: @Pedro: the ssd adds durability due to triangles, increasing the build quality

*waves hands*

Plus one terflop...

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
robert_sparkes

4238

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4238 Posts

Sony will win worldwide that much is obvious. MS biggest challenge is to win back some of the market share that jumped over. Releasing the series S could be part of the plan to get casual gamers to jump sooner than expected. Pricing will be crucial.

Avatar image for bluestars
Bluestars

1231

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#27 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 1231 Posts

@Sagemode87:

Hang in there,Back to school shortly kid

Meanwhile us REAL gamers who get both consoles get all da games,and you get a weaker console and 3rd place in DFoundry comparison videos

HaH

Avatar image for rzxv04
rzxv04

1305

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#28 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 1305 Posts

@robert_sparkes said:

Sony will win worldwide that much is obvious. MS biggest challenge is to win back some of the market share that jumped over. Releasing the series S could be part of the plan to get casual gamers to jump sooner than expected. Pricing will be crucial.

If MS goes aggressive with Series S, it might garner worldwide support. I'd like to believe there are many people who are just in the right threshold for the Series S (~$ 250-300) that might be coaxed into their ecosystems in certain regions. MS might have to keep GamePass cheaper for a while in those certain regions though.

It's still a gamble as mobile really has eaten so much marketshare where it's already ingrained into their minds that it's good enough and zero paywall.

Avatar image for bluestars
Bluestars

1231

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#29 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 1231 Posts

Sales HaH

Hundreds of millions of pc gamers now in the Xbox eco system means you cows with the bu bu bu sales patter are out on your arse

HaH

Avatar image for pmanden
pmanden

969

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#30 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 969 Posts

Maybe the PS5 GAMES will crush the XBOX GAMES, but the console itself is nothing to write home about. It is underpowered and ugly in fact. The fast SSD doesn't convince me to buy a PS5, its games alone will have to do that. Bring on Days Gone 2 or Persona 6 and we have a deal.

Avatar image for pmanden
pmanden

969

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#31 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 969 Posts

@mtron32: If he wants sex, he should buy the Xsex obviously.

Avatar image for Sagemode87
Sagemode87

1588

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 1588 Posts

@hardwenzen: have any proof it's 9.2? Also Sony has better looking games now with less power.

Avatar image for rrjim1
rrjim1

1811

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#33 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1811 Posts

IMO Xbox has always been the better console, a few games from Sony just doesn't make any difference. I might not even purchase the PS5 and than would be the first time I haven't purchased a Sony console.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

6307

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 6307 Posts

Whatever do you mean? I was told that constantly losing money on hardware and giving away multilmillion dollar games on a one dollar sub service was a TOTALLY viable way to stay in the console market. Yup, and definitely not a desperate measure to try and take marketshare from your competitors, even when it doesn't remotely work. Xbox has got this in the bag!

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
robert_sparkes

4238

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#36 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4238 Posts

Horizon 2 is a deal breaker for me I'll pick up a ps5 when it's released some time in 2021. I'm getting a series X as everything I have carries over.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

36331

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#37 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 36331 Posts

lol :P

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

170291

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 170291 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@latech84 said:

Why are you so obsessed with PlayStation? It's a little much and too over the top in my opinion. I am not trying to be mean but tone it down a little please.

His post reeks of insecurity, can't you tell?

Isn't that the premise of SW?

Avatar image for gifford38
Gifford38

1581

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#39 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 1581 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Dunno, i'm kinda worried about my future PS5. I have already downloaded a few programs, i'll try to overclock its underpowered 9.2tflops gpu and a semi mediocre cpu, but i'm very worried about it not being able to overclock very well because of heat issues. Its just a not very well designed console 🤔

what are you talking about? its the easiest console to develop for. in a console there is more than just cpu and gpu. did we complain when the ps4 launched at 1.2 teraflops no because it was higher than the first xbox. I bet no one would be complaining if they didn't have the 12 teraflops number in there head. there is a reason they made there console that big. for cooling. you think they added all that without testing it first?

there is a reason why first and third parties and epic are praising its architecture of the console. not for its power but how well they can manage the console.

i guess everyone ignored what mark said about the ps5 cpu.

he said ps5 36 cu's = 54 ps4 cu's

this is you guys. the ps4 is so loud i hope they make a console that doesn't over heat.

omg the ps5 is to big why does it have to be that big and why did they allow the gpu to lower performance when it starts to over heat?

so tell me why 9.2 tflops is weak? because the series x has 12?

we went from 1.2 to 9.2 in one gen leap. how much more do you want?

besides this will change before the ps5 comes out. i put my money on it that mark already changed the specs of the system just like he did right before the ps4 launched.

if not im still happy. they added so much more over last gen than just a powerful gpu and cpu.

100x faster ssd over the ps4 hdd

tempest chip for sound to free up cpu. the ps4 used its cpu for sound.

hyper feed back on there controllers and a built in mic

play ps 4 games were the ps4 did not play ps3 games.

did you design the ps5? how do you know its not very well design console?

Avatar image for gifford38
Gifford38

1581

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#40 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 1581 Posts
@pmanden said:

Maybe the PS5 GAMES will crush the XBOX GAMES, but the console itself is nothing to write home about. It is underpowered and ugly in fact. The fast SSD doesn't convince me to buy a PS5, its games alone will have to do that. Bring on Days Gone 2 or Persona 6 and we have a deal.

under power ok. so if we did not know the series x 12 teraflops would you still call it weak? no every one has that one number in there head 12.

ssd how about days gone 2 without those painful slow walking to the bike parts of the game. or that loang ass load screen before you even get to the title screen.

ssd is the most hyped part of next gen for me. ssd will make the whole console faster not just the games.

the ps3 was more powerful than the 360 but we know how that turned out. what if the ps5 is easier to develop for than the series x.

im going to get my head chopped off in here for saying these things and be called stupid like i always do.

I think you nee to watch marks deep dive video. give you an idea how the ps5 works and why epic is praising its architecture not for its power but how well they can manage the console.

Avatar image for i_own_u_4ever
I_own_u_4ever

598

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#41 I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 598 Posts

Yeah if you put the PS5 "cough" George Foreman Grill 5 on top on the XSX it certainty will crush it with all it's size and weight.

Avatar image for Sevenizz
Sevenizz

5149

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#42 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 5149 Posts

Cows in freak out, paranoia mode!

Avatar image for SecretPolice
SecretPolice

36331

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 36331 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:

Yeah if you put the PS5 "cough" George Foreman Grill 5 on top on the XSX it certainty will crush it with all it's size and weight.

Avatar image for fedor
Fedor

7276

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 7276 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@pmanden said:

Maybe the PS5 GAMES will crush the XBOX GAMES, but the console itself is nothing to write home about. It is underpowered and ugly in fact. The fast SSD doesn't convince me to buy a PS5, its games alone will have to do that. Bring on Days Gone 2 or Persona 6 and we have a deal.

under power ok. so if we did not know the series x 12 teraflops would you still call it weak? no every one has that one number in there head 12.

ssd how about days gone 2 without those painful slow walking to the bike parts of the game. or that loang ass load screen before you even get to the title screen.

ssd is the most hyped part of next gen for me. ssd will make the whole console faster not just the games.

the ps3 was more powerful than the 360 but we know how that turned out. what if the ps5 is easier to develop for than the series x.

im going to get my head chopped off in here for saying these things and be called stupid like i always do.

I think you nee to watch marks deep dive video. give you an idea how the ps5 works and why epic is praising its architecture not for its power but how well they can manage the console.

Of course the SSD is the most hyped thing for you, Sony told you it was so you agree by default.

PS: Both consoles will be easy to develop for, it's not a cell situation this gen.

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

31995

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 tormentos  Online
Member since 2003 • 31995 Posts

@sealionact said:

@Sagemode87: "PS will stay on top unless they screw things up?"

Like building a bigger, weaker, uglier console than xsx? Like designing the first console ever that can't stand vertically or horizontally without a support? Like releasing a console in 2020 with 175gb less storage than the previous console?

Nothing you say there represent a screw up that is what you assume because well you are a blind lemming.

@bluestars said:

Sales HaH

Hundreds of millions of pc gamers now in the Xbox eco system means you cows with the bu bu bu sales patter are out on your arse

HaH

Oh so now is hundreds of millions.

@bluestars said:

Yip

MS has a billion Potential customers with every 1st party coming to pc gamepass .

Ms has the best console.

Xbox has the most Game studios

Sony and Nintendo are fighting for second place

So i see you lower the number from billions hundreds of millions.😂

I wonder if by the next thread it will be tens of millions.🤣

@Tessellation said:

lol talk about virgin basement dweller🤣

So you are talking about your self.😂😂😂

Avatar image for zaryia
Zaryia

12897

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 12897 Posts

PC>XBSX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Piss 5

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

31995

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47 tormentos  Online
Member since 2003 • 31995 Posts

@zaryia said:

PC>XBSX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Piss 5

Enjoy that DLSS upscaling peasant..🤣🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

5662

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#48 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 5662 Posts

@tormentos: Riiiight...Did you know that not only can the "towering inferno" not stand up by itself, but it needs two different supports, one for each axis? Nah, that's just good design right there....right?😅

Avatar image for tormentos
tormentos

31995

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#49 tormentos  Online
Member since 2003 • 31995 Posts

@sealionact said:

@tormentos: Riiiight...Did you know that not only can the "towering inferno" not stand up by itself, but it needs two different supports, one for each axis? Nah, that's just good design right there....right?😅

How did the xbox one launch unit could be put upright?

Yeah at least the PS5 can.

Again how was everything a screw up?

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
robert_sparkes

4238

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#50 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 4238 Posts

I'll go all digital on ps5 I never seem to pick up physical anymore hoping the price is around £449.99.