SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

Thoughts, SW? Are you impressed by PS5’s output so far? Many of these are console or timed exclusive. I think overall, it’s very impressive! Just two years in and we have games like Demon’s Souls Remake, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, God of War Ragnarok, Death Stranding, Gran Turismo 7 and more! The PS5 is killing it! Looking forward to 2023. How about you?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

It's weird saying Death Stranding is exclusive just because I recently played it on gamepass lol. I'm catching up on some of those with my monthly sub.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

It's weird saying Death Stranding is exclusive just because I recently played it on gamepass lol. I'm catching up on some of those with my monthly sub.

If its not an exclusive, then every single title that is on pc/xbox is not an exclusive. In other words, the Xbox hasn't had a single exclusive in over half a decade.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@hardwenzen: I get that. Would just be odd to play a game like GOW on PC gamepass and still call it exclusive.

By monthly sub, I meant PS Plus premium.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic  Online

@joshrmeyer: lol it was at the time

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

So we’re in here mostly celebrating Sony for their ability to pay for limited exclusivity of third party games? Interesting. 🤔

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

I'm not impressed with the PS5, but perhaps I had unrealistic expectations?

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

Honestly I'm unimpressed to the point where I went from thinking getting a PS5 was a surefire bet to having pretty much no desire to get one and being fine waiting a bit for games to hit PC.

Pretty much everything on that list is either:

A.) Available on PS4 for cheaper

B.) Available on another platform for cheaper

C.) A live service title I wouldn't support regardless

The worst offender of all is there's nothing there that makes me think I gotta play it so I need the system now. Spider-Man 2 might be the one that moves the needle but then I know it'll come to PC so why spend $500 for something that will play worse than my current PC? And before the fanboys get worked up because of Ragnarok I still haven't played the last God of War title (still sitting installed on my PS4 Pro) after I bought it on sale for $10 and this was after I never cared for the originals cause I don't find hack and slash games that engaging. It's like the 10th game in a franchise I care very little for and have only beaten the first one for.

There's just nothing here that screams the next generation is here. Feels like the PS5 and Xbox Series were rushed to market to capitalize on the 2020 pandemic lockdowns and massive increase in spending for video games leaving the lineup to be mostly PS4 games, timed exclusives, and launch window filler.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Exclusives🤣🤣🤣 90% of those games are on other platforms

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

PS5 is such a joke, it’s had like two good games all year.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
@mycatismilk said:

What were you expecting? Usually the first two years aren’t that great, but PS5 has done pretty well imo.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Those are PS4 games and or on the PC. XD

Don't try and change that Playstation narrative now. Single console exclusives ONLY. You guys can't throw that in our face gen in and gen out and think we'd let you forget it now.

Playstation 5 Exclusives: Returnal and Ratchet. That's it. That's the Playstation 5 "exclusive" output.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@SolidGame_basic said:
@mycatismilk said:

What were you expecting? Usually the first two years aren’t that great, but PS5 has done pretty well imo.

No, usually the first year of consoles life span isn't great. This is the most tragic gen there has EVER been. Two years in, £70 last gen games on a £500 console.

The N64 launched with more single console exclusives in the US and UK than we've had in TWO YEARS on our £500 consoles. And you're celebrating this? Smh.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HalcyonScarlet

@mesome713 said:

PS5 is such a joke, it’s had like two good games all year.

GoW, what was the other one? :-S

Must be Horizon, can't be GT7, it's a shadow of it's former self.

If Xbox's flagship flop is Halo, Playstation's is Gran Turismo now.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidGame_basic  Online

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@mycatismilk said:

No, usually the first year of consoles life span isn't great. This is the most tragic gen there has EVER been. Two years in, £70 last gen games on a £500 console.

The N64 launched with more single console exclusives in the US and UK than we've had in TWO YEARS on our £500 consoles. And you're celebrating this? Smh.

Price has nothing to do with the library.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@mycatismilk said:

That's where your wrong. When they sell something to us that they called "next gen" and give us nothing but last gen games. It's just insulting and gamers took it.

Gamers said "it's okay for you to charge us launch prices for hardware and next gen prices for games for TWO YEARS, and offer us last gen games".

Every time there's a new console reveal, we're told about those "next gen experiences". And here we are, two years later, still waiting for those "next gen experiences".

So yeah. While we're paying those next gen costs, but Sony and MS are selling us last gen games so THEY can tap those last gen gamers... It really is about the money.

THEY sell us something, WE buy it. It's as much business to us, except they keep reneging on what they're offering us. So it most definitely is about the money.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HalcyonScarlet

@hardwenzen said:
@joshrmeyer said:

If its not an exclusive, then every single title that is on pc/xbox is not an exclusive. In other words, the Xbox hasn't had a single exclusive in over half a decade.

But the difference is... We know that. Xbox isn't about single console exclusives and hasn't been for a long, long, long time. Playstation IS however. Cows have been drumming it in to our heads. Playstation is about single console exclusives, always has been.

PS4 is smashing it with games, PS5... Not so much. :-(

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@joshrmeyer said:

But the difference is... We know that. Xbox isn't about single console exclusives and hasn't been for a long, long, long time. Playstation IS however. Cows have been drumming it in to our heads. Playstation is about single console exclusives, always has been.

Admitting defeat i see. No exclusives, no record breaking sales, no games that gets the attention of Sony or Nintendo titles. What a plain ass console😅

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Most of them land on PC

Most of them are shitty movie games

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

That's where your wrong. When they sell something to us that they called "next gen" and give us nothing but last gen games. It's just insulting and gamers took it.

Gamers said "it's okay for you to charge us launch prices for hardware and next gen prices for games for TWO YEARS, and offer us last gen games".

Every time there's a new console reveal, we're told about those "next gen experiences". And here we are, two years later, still waiting for those "next gen experiences".

So yeah. While we're paying those next gen costs, but Sony and MS are selling us last gen games so THEY can tap those last gen gamers... It really is about the money.

THEY sell us something, WE buy it. It's as much business to us, except they keep reneging on what they're offering us. So it most definitely is about the money.

Next gen simply means a new generation. Game development costs have skyrocketed yet prices were the same for several years. If you don’t like spending $70, wait for a sale. I wonder how many people complaining about $70 games actually bought $60 games at full price.

At the end of the day, gaming still has way more value than a lot of hobbies. You can get tens and hundreds of hours of entertainment for $70. A 2 hour movie will cost you $15-$20. Going to watch a 3 hour sporting event can easily cost you hundreds of dollars.

But again, what does this have to do with the topic?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12948 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Thoughts, SW? Are you impressed by PS5’s output so far? Many of these are console or timed exclusive. I think overall, it’s very impressive! Just two years in and we have games like Demon’s Souls Remake, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, God of War Ragnarok, Death Stranding, Gran Turismo 7 and more! The PS5 is killing it! Looking forward to 2023. How about you?

Yikes, mostly Multiplatform games there. Worse than I thought.

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

Let’s just go ahead and put an end to worrying about exclusives, and just make sure devs start releasing complete projects 😏

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@hardwenzen said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@hardwenzen said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Admitting defeat i see. No exclusives, no record breaking sales, no games that gets the attention of Sony or Nintendo titles. What a plain ass console😅

"Admitting defeat"? No, accepting Xbox by its own standards.

And I accept Playstation by their, which is single console exclusives... Which it is flopping at.

So... Yeah, I'm admitting PS5 barely has any games. :-S

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HalcyonScarlet

@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Next gen simply means a new generation. Game development costs have skyrocketed yet prices were the same for several years. If you don’t like spending $70, wait for a sale. I wonder how many people complaining about $70 games actually bought $60 games at full price.

At the end of the day, gaming still has way more value than a lot of hobbies. You can get tens and hundreds of hours of entertainment for $70. A 2 hour movie will cost you $15-$20. Going to watch a 3 hour sporting event can easily cost you hundreds of dollars.

But again, what does this have to do with the topic?

Sound like a shill, towing the party line. Sony certainly didn't say that.

And Sony and MS are not supporting last gen consoles because of costs. And the other excuse about development costs still stinks, since no one else is really raising prices but Sony. They could have made that up in sales.

"But again, what does this have to do with the topic?"

You're celebrating mostly multiplats from a last gen console on a brand new console TWO YEARS in.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HalcyonScarlet

@ghosts4ever said:

Most of them land on PC

I know, it just gets worse and worse. :-(

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Several of those are either not exclusive or soon won't be exclusive.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Most of them land on PC

Doing better than Xbox, that's all that matters 🙂 Movie game isn't a knock anymore as you guys call anything that shows great presentation movie game. We don't all want soulless games like Skyrim.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Most of those games can be played elsewhere, and console exclusive is such a lame term. PC exists, and it is the dominant platform.

If we were to list "console exclusives" the switch list would be hilariously long. Considering how many shared titles there are between switch and PC.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Kind of a desperate looking list when many of these are paid upgrades to PS4 games, cross gen releases, and some games that are getting double mentions for their DLC expansions, some of these are on their way to other consoles or already are.

Some are just straight up bad games, I mean Babylon's Fall and The Tomorrow Children. And yet despite all that shameless padding that whoever made the graphic didn't even have the balls to mention Godfall.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2408 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

Most of them land on PC

Pretty much, yeah. Exclusives were the only reason for a PC gamer to get a console. The ports were inevitable with such obscene production values and stagnating install bases compared to how much the gamer base has grown over the years. It's a smart move by Sony, but makes their consoles pointless for us. Had a PS2, PS3, have a PS4. Have known for a while now that 4 is my last. Also despise them for how they've treated their Japanese studios after PS3. Most of their American/European shit stinks.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

Impressive list of games 2 years into the system’s life. Wish I could say the same for the barren wasteland that is Xbox. Oh well, maybe next year lmao!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Overall, kinda meh. Good games, but few I could play elsewhere.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

Title should read "PlayStation Studios output" or something. Hardly any of these games are only on PS5, most are PS4/PS5 dual release or PS4 remasters for PS5/PC

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

That's great. It's quite impressive for Sony to be able to significantly expand its first and third party "console exclusives," especially in light of the global slowdown in video game development due to the pandemic of the last few years and the rising cost of development.

It must be quite embarrassing for MS to fall a long way short of Sony's output, despite its vast resources, due to its extremely incompetent management.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8208 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: nobody counts timed exclusives.. most of these are PS4 gen and on PC/Switch/Xbox

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@randy_lahey: There’s like 2 exclusives on the PS5.

It got zero exclusives this year. PS5 was just as baron.

PS4 smashed it though.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Not bad for the old BS4 I tell you what. ;o

Poo gullible cows. Some even to this day trying to brag about it. lol :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46272 Posts

Output by Sony studios has just been incredible so far.

How many Sony games have launched broken in 2022 and 2021? Other studios were affected by Covid and working from home, while Sony kept on delivering.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k
@SecretPolice said:

Yeah PS5, PS4 and PS4 pro are all part of the same generation

PS4: low end PC

PS4 pro: mid end PC

PS5: high end PC

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: C'mon Solid. Even hardwenzen has been saying that this gen sucks because of the PS5's game drought.

Personally, I got my PS5 as a gift, and I'm currently playing through the remaining Yakuza games while waiting for something new to come out. I'll play the ports of Ghosts of Tsushima and a few others next.

Maybe Final Fantasy 16 will be the first actual PS5 game I buy? Or Persona 6, whenever that releases.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@SecretPolice said:

PS4: low end PC Exclusive

PS4 pro: mid end PC Exclusive

PS5: high end PC Exclusive

There, fixed. lol :P

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Cows telling as many lies as Jim lying crying Ryan.

Confirmed last placestation

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 R4gn4r0k

@SecretPolice said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

PS4: low end PC Exclusive

PS4 pro: mid end PC Exclusive

PS5: high end PC Exclusive

There, fixed. lol :P

Everything is PC exclusive now

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidGame_basic  Online

@Planeforger said:

@SolidGame_basic: C'mon Solid. Even hardwenzen has been saying that this gen sucks because of the PS5's game drought.

Personally, I got my PS5 as a gift, and I'm currently playing through the remaining Yakuza games while waiting for something new to come out. I'll play the ports of Ghosts of Tsushima and a few others next.

Maybe Final Fantasy 16 will be the first actual PS5 game I buy? Or Persona 6, whenever that releases.

• Demon’s Souls remake - 92 MC
  • Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart - 88 MC
  • Horizon Forbidden West - 88 MC
  • Gran Turismo 7 - 87 MC
  • God of War Ragnarok - 94 MC
  • Returnal - 86 MC

I mean the list just goes on an on! Are some of these available on PS4? Sure, I’ll give you that, but if you have a PS5, why would you play it on PS4? Know what I mean?? PS5 is rockin it!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

A bunch of crap I'd never play, multiplatform games, and Returnal.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

This year I have been enjoying GT7, Valkyrie Elysium, and Guilty Gear Strive a lot. So far my ultimate Goty if I have to pick one out of that list is Returnal. Phenomenal game and had they implemented the auto save/save state thing at the start so people dont lose progress, game easily breaking into the 90/100 metacritic.

But I do have to say Sony really needs to buy Mon Hun exclusivity from Capcom. Small change too not like Capcom asking for the world, Nintendo got Rise exclusivity for under $10m.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: one system has several banger exclusives and the other one…. Well, maybe next year lmao!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12948 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@randy_lahey: There’s like 2 exclusives on the PS5.

It got zero exclusives this year. PS5 was just as baron.

PS4 smashed it though.

You make some solid points there my friend.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

They should at least come out and say

"Coming to PC"

Cos that's where they are all going.

At least Microsoft embrace the fact. Sony deceitfully lies about it.

Sony want you to think their console is about exclusives. Its fundamental to their approach. Well until they release it on PC anyways.