Ps5 blows xbox out of water in visuals test.

  • 118 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

880

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 880 Posts

https://youtu.be/JFpakgvCKck

It’s not even close. Xbox was skipping frames, had less dynamic range, was destroying colors.

9 minutes of domination.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

880

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 880 Posts

This is for the blu ray player,

Basicalky xbox’s is shit.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 549 Posts

I saw this the PS5 actually has a good 4k blu ray player outside of the fact it uses alot of power.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

880

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 880 Posts

@silentchief: im watching 4k lotr right now, looks amazing on the oled

Avatar image for girlusocrazy
GirlUSoCrazy

11492

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 11492 Posts

I would like to see a comparison between the PS5 frames and the Panasonic player's frames.

Avatar image for ript0r
RIPT0R

14

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By RIPT0R
Member since 2021 • 14 Posts

Who cares? PS5 is a cheap piece of junk compared to my Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 OC.

Avatar image for ahrequenomori
AhReQueNoMori

478

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#7 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 478 Posts

@ript0r: Thanks for sharing.

Avatar image for regnaston
regnaston

2253

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By regnaston  Online
Member since 2008 • 2253 Posts

well at least the PS5 can beat the XBOX in resolution in something.

That said the issue is the software for the player not the actual DVD player

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

7050

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#9 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 7050 Posts

I mean, it is kinda confirmed that our PS5 is RDNA1.1 so... i mean, well, at least movies are sharp.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

21538

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21538 Posts

So the moviestation 5 plays movies the best, sounds about right 🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6785

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#11 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6785 Posts

But I thought a uhd drive was useless?

Avatar image for mobius_basic
mobius_basic

675

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 675 Posts

@ript0r said:

Who cares? PS5 is a cheap piece of junk compared to my Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 OC.

I have a 3090 too.... on a custom loop to boot....see how irrelevant that was to the topic? The evidence and point here is that the PS5 blasts the Series X out of the water for BR playback. I happen to have a Series X as well and would not think this to be the case after last gen's strong showing. I have seen this guys vids before and I have no reason to doubt him. Looks like the PS5 took this one with ease.

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

4214

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4214 Posts

Does not matter to me as it does not make Gamepass any less amazing to have.

Avatar image for Epak_
Epak_

11395

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#14 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11395 Posts

It also recognizes and plays my SW The Last Jedi 4k bluray which my Xbone X refuses to play.

Avatar image for mobius_basic
mobius_basic

675

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 675 Posts

@mojito1988: GP is badass, Love it! Playing Control right now on PC with all the RT goodness. Taking a break to comment on the forums.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#16 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 549 Posts

@regnaston said:

well at least the PS5 can beat the XBOX in resolution in something.

That said the issue is the software for the player not the actual DVD player

It beat it in several games as well.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#17 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 549 Posts
@mobius_basic said:
@ript0r said:

Who cares? PS5 is a cheap piece of junk compared to my Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 OC.

I have a 3090 too.... on a custom loop to boot....see how irrelevant that was to the topic? The evidence and point here is that the PS5 blasts the Series X out of the water for BR playback. I happen to have a Series X as well and would not think this to be the case after last gen's strong showing. I have seen this guys vids before and I have no reason to doubt him. Looks like the PS5 took this one with ease.

Well Sony does make BR players. This should be a category they won and they did.

Avatar image for bluestars
Bluestars

2389

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2389 Posts

welcome to the 2020’s playstation...you finally get to experience native 4k and a uhd player

HaH

Avatar image for mobius_basic
mobius_basic

675

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 675 Posts

@silentchief said:
@mobius_basic said:
@ript0r said:

Who cares? PS5 is a cheap piece of junk compared to my Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 OC.

I have a 3090 too.... on a custom loop to boot....see how irrelevant that was to the topic? The evidence and point here is that the PS5 blasts the Series X out of the water for BR playback. I happen to have a Series X as well and would not think this to be the case after last gen's strong showing. I have seen this guys vids before and I have no reason to doubt him. Looks like the PS5 took this one with ease.

Well Sony does make BR players. This should be a category they won and they did.

Yeah but they didn't win last gen on that front now did they? We are talking consoles here not Sony's standalone players. Glad to see Sony showing its (as it should be) prowess in this dept.

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
HalcyonScarlet

9353

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 9353 Posts

Can't remember the last time I played a movie on a disc. But props to PS5 I guess?

I'd rather use a stand alone disc player though. Same, if not better quality and uses a ton less power.

I don't even watch streaming content on consoles, I have some of those Amazon Firesticks. They use something like 4 watts. Each to their own.

EDIT:

He also said that neither measured up to the Panasonic. If you're going for something like a 4K Blu Ray Players, having the absolute best matters. So using a console doesn't make much sense.

Also note that it took the Xbox One like a year to improve its system software through system updates which included its disc playback. So I'd check back on this comparison way down the line.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

880

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#21 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 880 Posts

@silentchief: playstation is just winning all around!

Avatar image for tumorstation5
TumorStation5

62

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#22 TumorStation5
Member since 2021 • 62 Posts

How sad can you be when you hype a movie player...

Avatar image for regnaston
regnaston

2253

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#23 regnaston  Online
Member since 2008 • 2253 Posts

@silentchief said:
@regnaston said:

well at least the PS5 can beat the XBOX in resolution in something.

That said the issue is the software for the player not the actual DVD player

It beat it in several games as well.

before patches yes.. after patches, not so much

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

38367

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 38367 Posts

He said most people probably wouldn't notice

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#25 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 549 Posts

@regnaston said:
@silentchief said:
@regnaston said:

well at least the PS5 can beat the XBOX in resolution in something.

That said the issue is the software for the player not the actual DVD player

It beat it in several games as well.

before patches yes.. after patches, not so much

@regnaston said:
@silentchief said:
@regnaston said:

well at least the PS5 can beat the XBOX in resolution in something.

That said the issue is the software for the player not the actual DVD player

It beat it in several games as well.

before patches yes.. after patches, not so much

Yes even after patches. The XSX literally has one solid win in all the head to heads the PS5 has about 4 the rest are so close it's pointless. That may change some but Regardless the gap is the smallest its ever been.

Avatar image for Duckyindiana
Duckyindiana

2918

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26 Duckyindiana  Online
Member since 2006 • 2918 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: It’s not but keep dreaming

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6785

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#27 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6785 Posts

@silentchief: Which 4 were solid wins for ps5 after they were patched?

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 549 Posts

@sealionact: AC vahalla and Dirt 5 are still better on PS5 even after patches the rest are pretty much even now. The XSX has one solid win in Hitman. DMC 5 I'd say still has an edge on PS5 as well.

This 40% narrative has gone out the window regardless. Xbox fans were acting like this was the X1X vs PS4 pro all over again and they were wrong.

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6785

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#29 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6785 Posts

@silentchief: So 2 games...not the 4 you specified and I asked you about.

AC Valhalla; “ After a range of tests, there's simply nothing to separate the two in terms of what the game is rendering: level of detail transitions in character quality, tessellation distance and trees and terrain are identical, while shadow resolution is similarly the same. We couldn't find any differences at all in fully matched scenarios and any variations that may have been reported may well be down to the time of day system, which sees lighting adjust dramatically according to the sun's position in the sky (or indeed its absence at night time).”

So no solid win there. A slight frame rate win, but not noticeable when using VRR on Xbox which ps5 doesn’t use.

DMC 5 was a win for Xbox in all modes except 120hz.

Dirt 5 post patch is not a solid win for ps5. Both versions now look equally crap.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

14778

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 14778 Posts

PS5

It only does everything better than XSX.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 549 Posts

@sealionact: AC vahalla still has higher resolution on average on PS5.

Dirt 5 still has lower Lod on XSX

The XSX gets a rare 5 fps advantage in 4k mode whole giving up 40 fps at certain times on performance mode.

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6785

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#32 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6785 Posts

@silentchief: What does the x1x have to do with the price of milk in Tanzania?

I asked which 4 games have a solid win as you claimed. You’ve failed, and this debate is over.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 549 Posts

@sealionact said:

@silentchief: What does the x1x have to do with the price of milk in Tanzania?

I asked which 4 games have a solid win as you claimed. You’ve failed, and this debate is over.

It was a typo I meant the XSX. The PS5 version is still superior. So excuse me the PS5 has 3 solid wins the XSX has 1 and the rest are draws. Right now the XSX is losing to the PS5 and its BD player is inferior which is the topic of the thread. So the XSX as of now is the inferior hardware. That's my point and not really up for debate.

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6785

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#34 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6785 Posts

@silentchief: Which solid wins? Dirt 5 has serious issues on ps5 after last months patch. xsx has a higher average frame rate at 120 hz and looks sharper. Ps5 has higher average resolution on quality mode. There’s barely any difference in either mode.

Valhalla has frame rate issues on ps5 after the latest patch so definitely not a solid win there...

Sorry bud.....you tried.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#35 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 549 Posts

@sealionact: Dirt 5 is using lower LOD settings and AC vahalla runs at a lower resolution. Those are facts.

Some random screen grab from a YouTubeer doesn't change that.

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 549 Posts

@sealionact: Dirt 5 is using lower LOD settings and AC vahalla runs at a lower resolution in performance mode. They had to lower the res so it could maintain its framerate. Those are facts.

Some random screen grab from a YouTuber doesn't change that.

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6785

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#37 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6785 Posts

@silentchief said:

@sealionact: Dirt 5 is using lower LOD settings and AC vahalla runs at a lower resolution. Those are facts.

Some random screen grab from a YouTubeer doesn't change that.

Digital foundry is not a “YouTuber”. Dips on the 1.0.4 patch down to 51fps.


Dirt 5 and Valhalla have higher frame rates.
Some random post from somebody on Gamespot doesn’t change that.

Avatar image for regnaston
regnaston

2253

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#38 regnaston  Online
Member since 2008 • 2253 Posts

@silentchief said:
@sealionact said:

@silentchief: What does the x1x have to do with the price of milk in Tanzania?

I asked which 4 games have a solid win as you claimed. You’ve failed, and this debate is over.

It was a typo I meant the XSX. The PS5 version is still superior. So excuse me the PS5 has 3 solid wins the XSX has 1 and the rest are draws. Right now the XSX is losing to the PS5 and its BD player is inferior which is the topic of the thread. So the XSX as of now is the inferior hardware. That's my point and not really up for debate.

Which 1 does the XSX have?

Division 2 - XSX > PS5 in resolution and effects even after the patch this week

Hitman 3 - XSX > PS5 in multiple ways by a large margin

Control Photo Mode - XSX > PS5

Control UE- XSX experiences stutter in game which according to DF it is not hardware related (https://youtu.be/8bkm9-DEbew?t=631) so they are equal.

And as @sealionact has already pointed out your Dirt 5 "win" for PS5 is debatable

COD -- XSX pulls ahead according to DF https://youtu.be/RnZAN91pUiw?t=615

Avatar image for silentchief
Silentchief

549

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 549 Posts

@regnaston said:
@silentchief said:
@sealionact said:

@silentchief: What does the x1x have to do with the price of milk in Tanzania?

I asked which 4 games have a solid win as you claimed. You’ve failed, and this debate is over.

It was a typo I meant the XSX. The PS5 version is still superior. So excuse me the PS5 has 3 solid wins the XSX has 1 and the rest are draws. Right now the XSX is losing to the PS5 and its BD player is inferior which is the topic of the thread. So the XSX as of now is the inferior hardware. That's my point and not really up for debate.

Which 1 does the XSX have?

Division 2 - XSX > PS5 in resolution and effects even after the patch this week

Hitman 3 - XSX > PS5 in multiple ways by a large margin

Control Photo Mode - XSX > PS5

Control UE- XSX experiences stutter in game which according to DF it is not hardware related (https://youtu.be/8bkm9-DEbew?t=631) so they are equal.

And as @sealionact has already pointed out your Dirt 5 "win" for PS5 is debatable

COD -- XSX pulls ahead according to DF https://youtu.be/RnZAN91pUiw?t=615

Lol Division 2 is a backwards compatibility patch. Are we comparing those now? Ok Sekiro PS5 beats XSX as it it consistently hits 60fps while the XSX dips into the 50s.

Hitman 3- it's the only win the XSX has with higher res and slightly better shadows.

Control UE is a draw. You counting a frame rate advantage when the game is frozen is grasping for staws.

Dirt 5 is not debatable, they run at similar franerate and resolution but the XSX has lower settings how is that a draw?

COD was a draw according to DF with the XSX having a slight advantage in resolution mode and the PS5 having an advantage in performance mode.

AC valhalla us also still better on PS5. This is a Fact.

Avatar image for mojito1988
mojito1988

4214

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#40 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4214 Posts

@mobius_basic said:

@mojito1988: GP is badass, Love it! Playing Control right now on PC with all the RT goodness. Taking a break to comment on the forums.

Yeah it is crazy. The people on SW that do not have Gamepass really have no idea how great it is. Anyone like me with a 70 inch + TV and a Xbox Series X with game pass ultimate will basically never even have to buy any games to have a fantastic time with the system for the next 5+ years. Xbox has found a great place and actually gets the majority of my time with gaming between Gamepass on Xbox and also on PC (amazing that it also works on PC).

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

880

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#41 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 880 Posts

@mojito1988: microsoft convinced you to pay for games and not being able to resell or own them.

Oh to dance and play the fooll!

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6785

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#42 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6785 Posts

@silentchief: You’ve now changed your argument from 4 solid wins to Valhalla having a higher lowest resolution despite losing the frame rate head to head and calling dirt 5 a win because it has slightly less resolution drops but somehow the slightly lower frame rate doesn’t count?

We’re done here. 4 solid wins is debunked.

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6785

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#43 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6785 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes: .....and Sony convinced you to buy a system that still has a crippled SSD port, no way to copy ps5 games to an HDD, a half finished 3D audio solution, no 1440p support, no way to save games states externally without paying and a controller with a useless trackpad, mic and motion controls that has seen a class action lawsuit launched.

Heck, you can even buy and own the games on gp.

Avatar image for bluestars
Bluestars

2389

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2389 Posts

EVERY game looks better on Xbox series x and a vrr tv....facts....DF confirms this.

no surprise as the X is the better console by far...acceptance is not required HaH

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

14778

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 14778 Posts

@bluestars said:

EVERY game looks better on Xbox series x and a vrr tv....facts....DF confirms this.

no surprise as the X is the better console by far...acceptance is not required HaH

I guess when lemmings have no games to play they resort to lying.

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6785

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#46 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6785 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: And I guess when ps5 owners get bored they buy a gaming pc.....didn't take you long did it?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

14778

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 14778 Posts

@sealionact: You lems are so triggered over what I buy lol. It's nice owning a high end rig, an impossible to find PS5 and a Switch.

I do need to dust off my 1X and put it on offerup. Hopefully it's still worth enough for a case of beer.

Avatar image for sleepnsurf
sleepnsurf

3732

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#48 sleepnsurf
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

@sheevpalpamemes said:

This is for the blu ray player,

Basicalky xbox’s is shit.

Need to get out of MUMS basement once in a while, the hate is real. Find some help!

Avatar image for UnnDunn
UnnDunn

3608

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#49 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3608 Posts

Xbox blu-ray player has really been trash for a long time. Not surprised PS5 does a better job.

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

880

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#50 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 880 Posts

@sleepnsurf: get rekt son