PS4, Xbox One And Nintendo Switch Are Safe From Trump's Tariffs...For Now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2071 Posts

PS4, Xbox One And Nintendo Switch Are Safe From Trump's Tariffs...For Now

Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft likely breathed a sigh of collective relief this morning alongside the broader market. The Trump Administration today announced new exemptions from a list of Chinese-manufactured items scheduled to receive a 10% import tax, delaying tariffs on those items until December 15. That list includes a number of gaming-related categories, including video game consoles like the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.

"Certain products are being removed from the tariff list based on health, safety, national security and other factors and will not face additional tariffs of 10 percent." reads an announcement from the Office of the United States Trade Representative this morning.

"Further, as part of USTR’s public comment and hearing process, it was determined that the tariff should be delayed to December 15 for certain articles. Products in this group include, for example, cell phones, laptop computers, video game consoles, certain toys, computer monitors, and certain items of footwear and clothing."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2019/08/13/ps4-xbox-one-and-nintendo-switch-are-safe-from-trumps-tariffs-for-now/#108df9db3a64

Thoughts and feelings.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 5709 Posts

Thats good for gamers. You would think he would tax them since he blamed video games for the recent mass shooting oh well this is a win for gamers. That tax would have sucked.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35802 Posts

Gaming streaming would be getting a potential boost next year when tariffs kicks in.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Meh, has no effect on me, since i live in Europe.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 28849 Posts

This is something that would only affect the console prices in the US right?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 8671 Posts

Box... you need to totally do the Jaws theme to go with your "For now" in the title. Make this as dramatic as possible.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ant_17

@Archangel3371 said:

This is something that would only affect the console prices in the US right?

Yeah. Trump has no say outside the US.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Archangel3371

@Ant_17: Well yeah obviously, but I mean this isn’t a cost that manufacturers will spread out over other regions.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ant_17

@Archangel3371 said:

@Ant_17: Well yeah obviously, but I mean this isn’t a cost that manufacturers will spread out over other regions.

Depends if the EU is exempt or not.

For now it's exempt, but it could change next year or sometime in the future.

Trump has stepped up for the beta test with this.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5449 Posts

People are so damned gullible... Every chance they get to villainize Trump.. The tariffs are a good thing, and they will even out trade with China for generations to come. That said, SONY and Nintendo will not raise prices and some sort of deal will be struck one way or the other. Pricing their consoles higher because of the tariffs would lose them a large number of sales and market share to MS. Money talks.. an agreement will be made. The only reason they have their operations there in the first place is because of the cheap labor. If that changes they will simply pick up and move shop (yes it would take quite some time to do this). China will be forced to play ball before this negatively affects us. They need us more than we need them. We are their number one market.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 35802 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

People are so damned gullible... Every chance they get to villainize Trump.. The tariffs are a good thing, and they will even out trade with China for generations to come. That said, SONY and Nintendo will not raise prices and some sort of deal will be struck one way or the other. Pricing their consoles higher because of the tariffs would lose them a large number of sales and market share to MS. Money talks.. an agreement will be made. The only reason they have their operations there in the first place is because of the cheap labor. If that changes they will simply pick up and move shop (yes it would take quite some time to do this). China will be forced to play ball before this negatively affects us. They need us more than we need them. We are their number one market.

How? Tariffs would not solve the deficit problem. Companies would simply find another avenue.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7116 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

tariffs are a good thing,

This post is so full of LOL.

But aside from the complete nonsense that "tariffs are a good thing". Microsoft has their console made in China too! The tariffs would impact them all equally. Normally these companies would pass the taxes through to the consumer, but as it isn't easy to just race prices 10% or 25% on a whim, they might not be able to pass them on. So it's conceivable they would simply have to eat the costs in the short term for these end of life consoles, or perhaps just delay normal price drops on the consoles and not offer the type of "end of gen" deals that might otherwise be had. Meanwhile if the tariffs looked to be a long term issue for next gen they'd probably look to diversify production to Vietnam or somewhere else in asia.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Archangel3371

@Ant_17: Well whatever happens I just hope that it doesn’t affect prices here in Canada.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7116 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

@Ant_17: Well whatever happens I just hope that it doesn’t affect prices here in Canada.

It really shouldn't. Though I guess it wouldn't be surprising if the current arrangement on some of this stuff is for it to be first shipped into a U.S. port (i.e. Port of Los Angeles) and then by rail or air into Canada (US/Canada/Mexico supposed to be a "free trade" zone afterall). So maybe there's a risk the tariffs could mess with that arrangement, but I'd assume Canadian retailers and the big 3 console manufacturers would do whatever they have to do to avoid having tariffs impact Canadian customers like they would U.S. customers. It might be as simple as stuff destined for Canada to just be labeled as such - then it should't be taxed by the US govt, or maybe consoles for Canadian market just have to be shipped straight into a Canadian port (that's assuming they dont' already ship a bunch of them straight to Canada anyway).

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#16 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4749 Posts

Tariffs are great, Nintendo already moved some production to Vietnam. So this is definitely bringing jobs back to the US.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@2Chalupas said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

tariffs are a good thing,

This post is so full of LOL.

But aside from the complete nonsense that "tariffs are a good thing". Microsoft has their console made in China too! The tariffs would impact them all equally. Normally these companies would pass the taxes through to the consumer, but as it isn't easy to just race prices 10% or 25% on a whim, they might not be able to pass them on. So it's conceivable they would simply have to eat the costs in the short term for these end of life consoles, or perhaps just delay normal price drops on the consoles and not offer the type of "end of gen" deals that might otherwise be had. Meanwhile if the tariffs looked to be a long term issue for next gen they'd probably look to diversify production to Vietnam or somewhere else in asia.

I don't see what's so funny.. I'm not wrong about the tariffs, they are a good thing. Also it's raise, not race. You're welcome.

As far as MS having to eat the cost too.. well there hasn't been nearly the false narrative pushed with them and mostly all you hear is Nintendo and SONY. Either way, they all make their consoles there BECAUSE of the cheap prices China produces things at BECAUSE of horrible trade deals where they easily recoup costs and the big fish over there make the biggest profit margins BECAUSE of these deals. You know, the ones that these tariffs you think are so terrible are trying to even up? Fair trade is a good thing..

You think they produce the consoles there because they like China or feel China is better than anywhere else? It looks as though you understand looking at your last sentence... so on that note, you seem to already realize... so I'm not too sure where you are trying to go with this. Let them move their base of operations to another country like Vietnam or elsewhere... things like THAT are what is going to make China realize they have to cooperate at some point and play fairly.

Daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 2135 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

. The tariffs are a good thing

Tell that to the farmers losing their business because of it. I’m not sure who‘s The Idiot in Chief, you are Donald Trump

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@daredevils2k said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Tell that to the farmers losing their business because of it. I’m not sure who‘s The Idiot in Chief, you are Donald Trump

Please show me this widespread issue with reliable links. I'll wait. Should be good seeing as how the Democratic machine owns about 90% of the news and journalists.

These tariffs are a negotiation tool. Both economies will suffer a bit at first, but China will be hurt more if they try to hold out since their economy depends very heavily on the US (yes the US economy depends on China as well, but not nearly as heavily). China has already lowered prices in other markets of the world in anticipation and hoping that it will offset some of their losses. In the end it will strengthen the US (as long as we don't budge or can renegotiate better trade deals which could be sooner rather than later, and would obviously be the best outcome) substantially. This is chess not checkers. China refuses to go back to the negotiation table, so sometimes drastic measures must be put in place in order to fight fire with fire.

Also, don't try to go the farmer route on this one. My wife works at a large factory in the Midwest and has a corporate job selling corn and products to worldwide leaders in their industries (food, commercial, etc.) and is briefed and has meetings nearly every day expressing these concerns and what it means for their business partners, growth, and continued success.

The reason farmers are holding onto their corn and prices are rising is because they are worried about a low yield this year because of flooded fields and all-around bad weather, and farmers getting their crops in much later than optimal timing for a maximum harvest.

We literally live in an area surrounded by corn and soybeans in just about every direction for miles and miles (with towns and cities scattered throughout) and I grew up working on farms walking beans, detasseling corn, and baling hay.

The farmers are the ones holding back their product (which is still in abundance from last years harvest).. so they can increase their prices as demand on their yield rises, and in fear that they will need that extra revenue to offset this season's losses because of the poor weather and planting conditions. They still have plenty of corn and soybeans left from the last harvest which was a very big harvest.

The two are conveniently intertwined and it's all too easy for those that don't know any better to point their fingers at these tariffs.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5247 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

Who wouldn't prefer goods being manufactured in places other than China? Items once manufactured here (in the states) which are now made in China have declined and retarded in quality and as a consumer who values his $$$$ I do my best to first buy M-I-A followed by places like the UK, Germany, Canada, etc.., Clearly I'll be in the minority but I'd pay a higher price on consoles and tech if manufacturing took place here. China has a stigma for producing crap and while not everything is garbage, the stigma is warranted for the most part.

Daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Daredevils2k

@WitIsWisdom said:
@daredevils2k said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Please show me this widespread issue with reliable links. I'll wait. Should be good seeing as how the Democratic machine owns about 90% of news and journalists.

These tariffs are a negotiation tool. Both economies will suffer a bit at first, but China will be hurt more if they try to hold out since their economy depends very heavily on the US (yes the US economy depends on China as well, but not nearly as heavily). China have already lowered prices in other markets in anticipation and hoping that it will offset some of their losses. In the end it will strengthen the US (as long as we don't budge or can renegotiate better trade deals which could be sooner rather than later, and would obviously be the best outcome) substantially. This is chess not checkers. China refuses to go back to the negotiation table, so sometimes drastic measures must be put in place in order to fight fire with fire.

Also, don't try to go the farmer route on this one. My wife works at a large factory in the Midwest and has a corporate job selling corn and products to worldwide leaders in their industries (food, commercial, etc.) and the reason farmers are holding onto their corn and prices are rising is because they are worried about a low yield this year because of flooded fields and all-around bad weather, and farmers getting their crops in much later than optimal timing for a maximum harvest.

We literally live in an area surrounded by corn and soybeans in just about every direction for miles and miles (with towns and cities scattered throughout) and I grew up working on farms walking beans, detasseling corn, and baling hay.

The farmers are the ones holding back their product (which is still in abundance from last years harvest).. so they can increase their prices as demand on their yield rises, and in fear that they will need that extra revenue to offset this season's losses because of the poor weather and planting conditions. They still have plenty of corn and soybeans left from the last harvest which was a very big harvest.

The two are conveniently intertwined and it's all too easy for those that don't know any better to point their fingers at these tariffs.

Yah this guy is definitely looney as trump is and im definitely not going to waste my time posting any stats when you can just do a simple google search that doesn’t involve Fox News .

also your opinion doesn’t = as fact .

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@Solaryellow said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Who wouldn't prefer goods being manufactured in places other than China? Items once manufactured here (in the states) which are now made in China have declined and retarded in quality and as a consumer who values his $$$$ I do my best to first buy M-I-A followed by places like the UK, Germany, Canada, etc.., Clearly I'll be in the minority but I'd pay a higher price on consoles and tech if manufacturing took place here. China has a stigma for producing crap and while not everything is garbage, the stigma is warranted for the most part.

Well, that's what this whole thing is about. The reason why so many businesses take/took their operations to China in the first place is because of how badly China has screwed the market for so long in favor of themselves. They pay their employees less and make larger profits due to the fact that they make so much money on imbalanced trade deals. In the long run (if we hold to our guns) this should even the playing field and not only make pricing better for everyone (which benefits both markets as a whole ((not so much the biggest fish in the sea)) but certainly for average consumers) but also add much-needed competition for a healthy worldwide economy.

This can also give other countries that are more willing to negotiate fair trade a chance to vastly improve themselves and will bring business not only to them but back to the US as well. China doesn't want to cooperate because they fear losing a stranglehold on the industry. If they can't guarantee larger paydays for those involved then who in their right minds would want to keep their operations there? It's not as if they don't know this... and that's why they are being so hesitant and will likely try every trick in the book and expend all resources trying to not let that change. China is like a tick leeching off the US and other countries as well, and when someone FINALLY tries to do something to change this (that were terrible deals made by presidents in the past) in the US people start freaking out and thinking it's a bad thing. There might be a few aches and pains before we show the gains, but the same can be said for any endeavor.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@daredevils2k said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@daredevils2k said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Please show me this widespread issue with reliable links. I'll wait. Should be good seeing as how the Democratic machine owns about 90% of news and journalists.

These tariffs are a negotiation tool. Both economies will suffer a bit at first, but China will be hurt more if they try to hold out since their economy depends very heavily on the US (yes the US economy depends on China as well, but not nearly as heavily). China have already lowered prices in other markets in anticipation and hoping that it will offset some of their losses. In the end it will strengthen the US (as long as we don't budge or can renegotiate better trade deals which could be sooner rather than later, and would obviously be the best outcome) substantially. This is chess not checkers. China refuses to go back to the negotiation table, so sometimes drastic measures must be put in place in order to fight fire with fire.

Also, don't try to go the farmer route on this one. My wife works at a large factory in the Midwest and has a corporate job selling corn and products to worldwide leaders in their industries (food, commercial, etc.) and the reason farmers are holding onto their corn and prices are rising is because they are worried about a low yield this year because of flooded fields and all-around bad weather, and farmers getting their crops in much later than optimal timing for a maximum harvest.

Yah this guy is definitely looney as trump is and im definitely not going to waste my time posting any stats when you can just do a simple google search that doesn’t involve Fox News .

Yep, exactly what I figured. Another uneducated liberal getting everything they have straight from the internet, and not actually having any real-life experience with the issue at hand. Didn't your parents ever teach you not to argue about things you know nothing about? Talking out your ass like every other liberal pawn that believes everything they see and hear in a democratically owned social media machine. God forbid you go to any news or social media site that isn't a bunch of paid shills pushing a democratic/liberal agenda. Go ahead and post those simple google search stats... please do. This is almost better than that other guy arguing with me about AR15's being assault rifles... lmao

These are not my opinions, these are facts, and the few speculations are the speculations that are shared by top republicans and the president and not just that of my own. Our economy is doing great, and numbers for unemployment especially for minorities are at an all-time record low. Keep drinking the cool-aid.

Democrats, these days, (if you even want to call them that anymore) can't even agree with each other (mostly because none of them even know what the hell they want less they hurt someone's feelings or don't get their way.. god forbid) let alone make any kind of educated argument to having a civil debate with others.

Good luck with your candidates though.. Hopefully they can stop pointing fingers at each other long enough to be taken as serious contenders. Perhaps let them know how sad it is that they can't win even with all the brainwashing, lies, and money they spend trying to make everyone that isn't on board with them look like scum. Hillary had everyone believing that she was winning in a landslide hours before losing (including a lot of Republicans), and even upon official word she lost large hordes of angry, confused, and crying/screaming liberals couldn't believe what happened because the same sources you are getting your "information" from told them it would never happen.

Also, let them know that they should probably smile and agree with their own parties agendas... then again... it's not like any of them even know or have one in the first place.. lol. Free college and healthcare? Yeah... that's the answer. Bernie will tell ya all about it, Socialism rocks.. I mean #amiright?.. that will help our economy and lower our taxes... and hell, at the very least we'll have a few hundred thousand more liberal art degrees, and people pushing for a new $20 an hour minimum wage... that should really bring business back right? guys..... guys?

#walkaway

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1065 Posts

Most of them will avoid Tarrifs anyway as they are all moving plants out of China. By the time they take effect the companies should be able to make the transition.

Daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Daredevils2k

@WitIsWisdom said:
@daredevils2k said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@daredevils2k said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Yep, exactly what I figured. Another uneducated liberal getting everything they have straight from the internet, and not actually having any real-life experience with the issue at hand. Didn't your parents ever teach you not to argue about things you know nothing about? Talking out your ass like every other liberal pawn that believes everything they see and hear in a democratically owned social media machine. God forbid you go to any news or social media site that isn't a bunch of paid shills pushing a democratic/liberal agenda. Go ahead and post those simple google search stats... please do. This is almost better than that other guy arguing with me about AR15's being assault rifles... lmao

These are not my opinions, these are facts, and the few speculations are the speculations that are shared by top republicans and the president and not just that of my own. Our economy is doing great, and numbers for unemployment especially for minorities are at an all-time record low. Keep drinking the cool-aid.

Democrats, these days, (if you even want to call them that anymore) can't even agree with each other (mostly because none of them even know what the hell they want less they hurt someone's feelings or don't get their way.. god forbid) let alone make any kind of educated argument to having a civil debate with others.

Good luck with your candidates though.. Hopefully they can stop pointing fingers at each other long enough to be taken as serious contenders. Perhaps let them know how sad it is that they can't win even with all the brainwashing, lies, and money they spend trying to make everyone that isn't on board with them look like scum. Hillary had everyone believing that she was winning in a landslide hours before losing (including a lot of Republicans), and even upon official word she lost large hordes of angry, confused, and crying/screaming liberals couldn't believe what happened because the same sources you are getting your "information" from told them it would never happen.

Also, let them know that they should probably smile and agree with their own parties agendas... then again... it's not like any of them even know or have one in the first place.. lol. Free college and healthcare? Yeah... that's the answer. Bernie will tell ya all about it, Socialism rocks.. I mean #amiright?.. that will help our economy and lower our taxes... and hell, at the very least we'll have a few hundred thousand more liberal art degrees, and people pushing for a new $20 an hour minimum wage... that should really bring business back right? guys..... guys?

#walkaway

Man you must be bored out your mind if you are writing me a novel . Can you do me a favor and give me a summary what you wrote, because I’m not going to even bother reading it.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@daredevils2k said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@daredevils2k said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

#walkaway

Man you must be bored out your mind if you are writing me a novel . Can you do me a favor and give me a summary what you wrote, because I’m not going to even bother reading it.

The funniest thing is that you read every word of it. I type quickly though and I always have time to put an ignorant liberal in their place. Think nothing of it, you're welcome. Also, if you would like, yes, I do write and you can purchase the rest of my book at any major marketplace or online retailer.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25670 Posts
@WitIsWisdom said:
@daredevils2k said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@daredevils2k said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

#walkaway

You failed to mention that tariffs caused our housing market to balloon up in a dangerous way. Steel/aluminum and lumber tariffs in effect for Mexico and Canada are stopping builders from building entry level homes, driving the price for them sky high because builders will make no profit for lower level homes. Meanwhile, all of them are bought up and partially to blame for the housing crisis we are currently facing.

That is not to say that our entire capalistic society has actually been doing well these past few years, because well, it hasn't, but Trump certainly isn't helping.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolinefeeney/2019/07/01/halfway-into-2019-how-is-the-housing-market-holding-up/#421da93c3ec5

"The price of lumber alone has fluctuated wildly in recent years, at times reaching more than twice the cost of what it was in 2008, according to a monthly lumber price index from Random Lengths. Lumber can represent anywhere from 5 to 10 percent of the cost of building a home, and the rise in lumber prices is in part a result of a decades-long trade dispute between the United States and Canada. A third of the lumber used in residential construction comes from our northern neighbors, and that supply has been devastated by mountain pine beetles, which can kill a tree within 48 hours, and by wildfires. With Trump engaging in a war of words with Canada over trade, there is a looming possibility that prices will continue to climb."

Trump is also giving 16 billion dollars of yours and mine to farmers because soybean exports have dipped to almost nothing thanks to the trade war.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/23/us/politics/farm-aid-package.html

And to keep it gaming related, factory production was in China because they already had the infrastructure in place for producing ram, motherboards and video cards in China. While they relocate to Thailand production, they will shift the temporary cost to consumers.

Whether this will be a big cost remains to be seen, however the two previous incidents I mentioned have absolutely affected American consumers, and American businesses, in a negative way.

You failed to mention any of this in your gigantic, blowhard rant, however.

I'm going to laugh(and cry) at your posts when the American economy collapses for the second time within a 15 year time span.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@daredevils2k said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

#walkaway

You failed to mention that tariffs caused our housing market to balloon up in a dangerous way. Steel/aluminum and lumber tariffs in effect for Mexico and Canada are stopping builders from building entry level homes, driving the price for them sky high because builders will make no profit for lower level homes. Meanwhile, all of them are bought up and partially to blame for the housing crisis we are currently facing.

That is not to say that our entire capalistic society has actually been doing well these past few years, because well, it hasn't, but Trump certainly isn't helping.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolinefeeney/2019/07/01/halfway-into-2019-how-is-the-housing-market-holding-up/#421da93c3ec5

"The price of lumber alone has fluctuated wildly in recent years, at times reaching more than twice the cost of what it was in 2008, according to a monthly lumber price index from Random Lengths. Lumber can represent anywhere from 5 to 10 percent of the cost of building a home, and the rise in lumber prices is in part a result of a decades-long trade dispute between the United States and Canada. A third of the lumber used in residential construction comes from our northern neighbors, and that supply has been devastated by mountain pine beetles, which can kill a tree within 48 hours, and by wildfires. With Trump engaging in a war of words with Canada over trade, there is a looming possibility that prices will continue to climb."

Trump is also giving 16 billion dollars of yours and mine to farmers because soybean exports have dipped to almost nothing thanks to the trade war.

And to keep it gaming related, factory production was in China because they already had the infrastructure in place for producing ram, motherboards and video cards in China. While they relocate to Thailand production, they will shift the temporary cost to consumers.

Whether this will be a big cost remains to be seen, however the two previous incidents I mentioned have absolutely affected American consumers, and American businesses, in a negative way.

I'm going to laugh(and cry) at your posts when the American economy collapses for the second time within a 15 year time span.

Causing our housing market to balloon up in a dangerous way? Really? The reason the housing market is stagnating is due to severely elevated/rising interest rates during a time of a strong economy, which yes, will eventually pop like it always does during such times. I don't know how things are where you live, but the reason that the price of housing is dropping all around us is that there are more houses on the market than available buyers. That is because of the high-interest rates, and not the price of the houses themselves. As the rates rise the prices fall, but oftentimes that isn't enough to get people to buy, because they want both (like I do, and is why we are perfectly fine waiting) and would rather pay lower rates. Who is the rising interest rates helping, and who does it hurt when the price of housing drops? This is the banks trying to take advantage of people when they see an opportunity to strike. People with less than perfect credit are paying high rates that puts them in a tier of housing that is lower than they would prefer, so instead of buying they wait and hope for a collapse (as sad as that seems), and that is why even with the decent prices that many houses sit there unsold.

My family has been looking into buying a house for a couple of years now, and we have been saving money so that when it happens we can have a fresh start and can just purchase everything new and not have to worry about a large move and hassle. We have been following the market very closely. As a matter of fact, my wife and I have been waiting for the bubble to burst and we are hoping it does like some experts predict it may early next year so that we can jump into a house at an amazing price, if it doesn't we will be ready either way. That might sound terrible, but that is to be expected with a strong economy and will happen eventually when the interest rates increase to a point that outpaces the economy and economic growth prices people out of the market. This has absolutely nothing to do with Trump or the tariffs. If it did then the price of housing would also be rising and not falling like it is all around the Midwest where supposedly people are suffering, and the exact place I live...

As far as contractors not building entry-level houses due to a rising price in building materials... well, I don't really know anything about that, so that is entirely possible. However, are you saying you are worried about them or the people looking to buy? If it is them then they can switch their efforts to the middle class or wealthy for a while until things get sorted out, because like I said before, there is plenty of housing already available. I understand that with tariffs in place some economies and sectors will struggle for a bit and I feel very sorry for the innocent people it affects on both sides. However, what I am saying is that waiting China out is better for us as a whole (and for future generations) and will very strongly benefit the people it is hurting the most when things get resolved, and that is the entire point. Fair trade is good for everyone. There is always some give and take. Everyone always wants more, but the problem is that with a mentality like that someone is going to suffer, and with the terrible deals in place and a growing need for more imported goods that would only continue to get worse. When is the time to try to do something about it? After it's too late? Do you really think that nothing needed to be done to get China back to the negotiating table? They refused to even talk about it, and sometimes even if people are initially effected in adverse ways fighting fire with fire is not only an amazing negotiating tool but also a necessary evil.

Everything you mention after housing is what-ifs, maybes, and things Trump has absolutely nothing to do with, or we will have to wait and see. Since I have my crystal ball in self-storage I'll have to wait on those.

As far as what the government does with their budget... I couldn't care less. If he is helping those that are affected to keep things evened out until things get smoothed over and China comes to their senses.. that's great. The government will do whatever they want with our tax money and it isn't like they don't usually blow it, steal it, or give it away anyway... We should be more concerned over individual state economies because of crooked state politicians rather than pointing the finger at someone who is actually trying to make things right.

As far as your explanation as to why the production of gaming is in China... for the love of god spare me with that bullshit.. lol. Everyone (even people that have no idea about any of this other stuff) knows why so many goods are manufactured in China. If companies decide to move their production to a different country it's because of money, which is exactly why they are there in the first place... and pretty much the only reason. Which shows pretty clearly now that they are worried about that and are scrambling to find the next best place.

As far as laughing or crying when the American economy collapses I would certainly hope you aren't an American, and if you are why you would you want that to happen. That's just the thing though... do I know for certain that won't happen? No, of course I don't. I do know that it is nice to have a president that is trying to shake things up and make things right though. I'm hoping it all works out for the best, and I understand those who don't think it will. The bottom line is that no matter how you look at it though nothing will change without taking some chances. The horrible trade policies that were put into place happened way before Trump came into office, and now that he is trying to fix those growing problems people point fingers and blame him as if it's his fault. He wouldn't have even needed to do these things without there being a reason in the first place... Why not blame the ex-presidents or China? You know... the people that made all of this happen. We as a country can not continue for much longer with the horrible agreements that were in place and is a large reason we are in so much debt in the first place.

I do appreciate the fact that you have been the most informed person to come at me yet, and you do make some good points. However, a lot of this has yet to be seen and can go either way. I'm hoping things work out, and if they don't then how is it any different than before? It certainly wasn't working the way things were set up and would have eventually been a LOT worse if our government continued sitting on their thumbs. The only way to fail is to try to succeed, and many before him have just shuffled their feet and done nothing. Sooner or later issues like these had to be dealt with, and whether it works out or not, I salute him for having the balls for trying. If this does work out I'll be there just like I am now, and if it doesn't then I'll admit I was overly optimistic. Either way, I would rather see our government actually trying to accomplish something rather than sitting back doing nothing like they have for so long, and is the reason we are at this point in the first place.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Archangel3371

There’s a reason why these political type threads get locked here and unsurprisingly we are seeing exactly why that is once again.

Daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Daredevils2k

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@daredevils2k said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@daredevils2k said:

#walkaway

Thank gawd that someone has sense of whats going on.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1197 Posts

LOL at people who think the tariffs won’t cause Canadian prices to go up also. They will.

If American prices go up, Canadian prices go up. That is how it always works.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WhatAFailure
Member since 2017 • 443 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:
@daredevils2k said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

#walkaway

When you see a Trump supporter do mental gymnastics to make their Loser Leader look good, it's always hilarious comedy. You can always tell how little they read too.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@whatafailure said:
@daredevils2k said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

#walkaway

When you see a Trump supporter do mental gymnastics to make their Loser Leader look good, it's always hilarious comedy. You can always tell how little they read too.

Your name suits you well. You literally had nothing of substance to add, like the vast majority of liberals out there, so at least you have that going for you. At least you can group together and agree on some things.. regardless of how ignorant and wrong they are.. too bad none of your presidential candidates can.

Mental gymnastics... lmao.. don't get confused with any of this. Take a couple of tylenol and call the doctor in the morning.

Also, I don't need to make him look good, he has done a good job of that by himself. It's not my fault he gets on twitter and doesn't know when the hell to shut up. I couldn't care less about what he did before he was president or what he does or thinks in his personal time or life. Numbers don't lie, so keep crying. He's still you president and will be for another 4 years after the next election.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WhatAFailure
@WitIsWisdom said:

Your name suits you well. You literally had nothing of substance to add, like the vast majority of liberals out there, so at least you have that going for you. At least you can group together and agree on some things.. regardless of how ignorant and wrong they are.. too bad none of your presidential candidates can.

Mental gymnastics... lmao.. don't get confused with any of this. Take a couple of tylenol and call the doctor in the morning.

Also, I don't need to make him look good, he has done a good job of that by himself. It's not my fault he gets on twitter and doesn't know when the hell to shut up. I couldn't care less about what he did before he was president or what he does or thinks in his personal time or life. Numbers don't lie, so keep crying. He's still you president and will be for another 4 years after the next election.

lol, so you're essentially saying "Don't say anything bad about my President. This is a Republican Dictatorship. I've said bad things about Obama and every Democrat today, but you can't."

"Any negative news I don't like about my President is fake. This is a Dictatorship. All dissent must be silenced."

Look at this Facebook Trumpie, trying to recreate Half Life 2's storyline.

Also, you just admitted he doesn't act like a President today (those shit mental defect tweets of his are ALL official Presidential statements that will be archived, by law, under the Presidential Records Act), and did awful, devious, criminal things before. That's all I need to remind me that whatever explanations MAGA sheep utter have absolutely no bearing. Not my obligation to match your level of cringy bootlicking and excuse making for a politician.

And in relation to the topic at hand about tariffs and taxes, nothing is safe when it comes to this erratic man. There are gigantic lists compiled of every bold-faced lie, flip-flop, goal-post migration and backtrack from this joke of a leader. Trumpies don't read these lists at all (I can tell right away from what they leave out and get wrong in their posts), so they live in ignorance. Trump is a failure at consistency and honesty, and his voters represent dietary failures at reading words & numbers outside of their restrictive MAGA lane. Remember, negative news hurts their feelings, so they avoid it completely, and paint a recompiled fantasy that their leader is "perfect" and everything is running excellently.

They're scared of "taking a look" at the unpleasant facts as if it's Resident Evil 7!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54154 Posts

@whatafailure said:

lol, so you're essentially saying "Don't say anything bad about my President. This is a Republican Dictatorship. I've said bad things about Obama and every Democrat today, but you can't."

"Any negative news I don't like about my President is fake. This is a Dictatorship. All dissent must be silenced."

Nothing about what @WitIsWisdom read that way. Stop.

It's clear I wandered into a meander of political discourse. Ya both need to stop.

WhatAFailure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WhatAFailure

@lundy86_4 said:
@whatafailure said:

Nothing about what @WitIsWisdom read that way. Stop.

It's clear I wandered into a meander of political discourse. Ya both need to stop.

You clearly didn't see my Half Life 2 and Resident Evil 7 references. I brought it back to topic quite masterfully.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54154 Posts

@whatafailure said:

You clearly didn't see my Half Life 2 and Resident Evil 7 references. I brought it back to topic quite masterfully.

Yet... You both need to stow it.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@whatafailure said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Look at this Facebook Trumpie, trying to recreate Half Life 2's storyline.

Also, you just admitted he doesn't act like a President today (those shit mental defect tweets of his are ALL official Presidential statements that will be archived, by law, under the Presidential Records Act), and did awful, devious, criminal things before. That's all I need to remind me that whatever explanations MAGA sheep utter have absolutely no bearing. Not my obligation to match your level of cringy bootlicking and excuse making for a politician.

And in relation to the topic at hand about tariffs and taxes, nothing is safe when it comes to this erratic man. There are gigantic lists compiled of every bold-faced lie, flip-flop, goal-post migration and backtrack from this joke of a leader. Trumpies don't read these lists at all (I can tell right away from what they leave out and get wrong in their posts), so they live in ignorance. Trump is a failure at consistency and honesty, and his voters represent dietary failures at reading words & numbers outside of their restrictive MAGA lane. Remember, negative news hurts their feelings, so they avoid it completely, and paint a recompiled fantasy that their leader is "perfect" and everything is running excellently.

They're scared of "taking a look" at the unpleasant facts as if it's Resident Evil 7!

Your diluted reading comprehension is almost as bad as your deluded sense of reality.

Funny how you talk about any negative news about the president being false with people like me after I have already said I couldn't care less about his personal life or thoughts (and the fact he should stay off social media) and that I only care about numbers and progress (you know, things that actually affect me and the people of our country), when people like you claim that any and all negative news you hear or read about him is unequivocally true without debate and if questioned defend those points with the same journalism written by the liberal media that painted the false narrative in the first place and has absolutely no point to exist at all other than to try and halt Republican progress and put a Democrat back in office under any and all circumstances, and don't even stop to think that perhaps there is just a bit of an agenda...

Never before has any president or politician had every aspect of their life under such a fine microscope 24/7, and never before did the people of our country care. Until they were told they needed to and it was a complete travesty not too. You can't go five minutes these days without someone getting offended over what he eats or says after twisting his words into a new narrative and purposely taking those things out of context and posting them all over the internet. Nowadays democrats are a shell of what they once were and stood for, and are much closer to brainwashed socialists, even thinking it's a good idea and actually thinking that's what they want...

The liberal media has done NOTHING but harass and come after the president and republicans since they lost the election. It's an absolute embarrassment. Of course they are going to try and pull as much dirt as possible, even if they have to dig deep enough to strike oil and twist the narrative hard enough to squeeze blood from a turnip... that is their whole game. Without all the stretched truths and half baked lies and accusations, no one in their right mind would ever vote Democrat these days, and they know that. You can spew any number of things about what he's done in the past or his character.. blah blah blah.. While Republicans are actually trying to work all Democrats have done the past few years is fight with each other, disagree with everything, try to make things free that would destroy us as a people while giving unprecedented amounts of power to the government making us more dependent upon them than ever before, and incessantly bash and cry about anything they don't agree with. When you spend hundreds of millions of dollars on nonstop smear campaigns... what the hell do you think is going to happen? The propaganda has worked beautifully on an entire generation, so why stop now?

The irony is thick enough to swim in, and with skin so thin and such a fragile mind you may dissolve if you jump in... Just be careful, I don't need that on my conscience...

Trump could fart and liberals like you would say he was single-handedly responsible for tearing a hole in the ozone layer.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#39 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 36962 Posts

@boxrekt: The most unhonorable president in US history that lies and incites hate, is so easily shit on with basic logic and so insecure he still needs rallies to make him feel good.

"the best economy ever!!' is bullshit. The Post WW2 economy was better for the avg American than this one. This serves the top most. The economy has been on the rise since 2011 and only FOX news conservatives claim differently. He took the baton and ran with it while stripping some regs that protected things, put big oil in charge of the EPA (LMAO) claims mass shootings are a mental health issue but repealed an Obama reg that curtailed the mentally ill from purchasing weapons. Its status quo bullshit in the US where the only thing that matters is $$$.

Yay? We have consoles for a bit longer with no tariff?

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4653 Posts

Everything's all good until we fall into a recession over this foolishness. Those jobs are never coming back to the US.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#41 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 36962 Posts

@lhughey: exactly. As long as the option exists for dirt cheap labor in other countries then major corporations won’t bring manufacturing to the US. Being rich isn’t enough for the top. Owning everything is the goal at the cost of their countrymen comfort. And it works because they get the majority to divide based on things that do not effect our daily lives.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 11826 Posts

This is really not SW related - sure, it's about gaming at least, but most of the posts are political debate.