PS4 will still come out Nov. 2013

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by drakekratos (2311 posts) -

PS3 came out in 2006. 2013 would mean the PS3 had 7 years on the market before its predecessor arrived. That's a long time for one generation.

Sony preaches the 10 year plan, well dont forget how long they sold PS2 after the PS3 came out.

Plus they already mentioned they raised R&D cost for the PS4. They are only giving lip service about PS4 not coming out for a long time because 1) They dont see Nintendo's Wii-U as direct competition and 2) They still want people to buy the PS3.

#2 Posted by Sgt_Crow (5221 posts) -
They don't have the money.
#3 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6952 posts) -

PS3 came out in 2006. 2013 would mean the PS3 had 7 years on the market before its predecessor arrived. That's a long time for one generation.

Sony preaches the 10 year plan, well dont forget how long they sold PS2 after the PS3 came out.

Plus they already mentioned they raised R&D cost for the PS4. They are only giving lip service about PS4 not coming out for a long time because 1) They dont see Nintendo's Wii-U as direct competition and 2) They still want people to buy the PS3.

drakekratos
Wii U will most likely fail. I can't even imagine it selling 5-6 million in the first year...
#4 Posted by razgriz_101 (16875 posts) -

They don't have the money.Sgt_Crow

they do, even if they havent made a profit, sony will have tons upon tons of money tied up to keep them afloat.Considering the playstation can sell on name alone pretty much they could make a meagre powered PS4 with little research, updated cell with more SPU's and a graphics card and decent ram that doesnt cause too much bottlenecks this time :P

#5 Posted by Lucianu (10283 posts) -

[QUOTE="drakekratos"]

Mozelleple112

Wii U will most likely fail. I can't even imagine it selling 5-6 million in the first year...

I bet they said the same thing about the Wii, after all it was released after the 360 and a few days after the PS3.

#6 Posted by drakekratos (2311 posts) -
Ofcourse they do. Didn't you hear Sony is thinking about buying out Netflix? Doesnt sound like theyre tight on cash to be honest...
#7 Posted by Sgt_Crow (5221 posts) -
[QUOTE="drakekratos"]

Mozelleple112

I bet it will be less fail in the first year than PS3 has been in the previous 5 years.
#8 Posted by razgriz_101 (16875 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"][QUOTE="drakekratos"]

Sgt_Crow

I bet it will be less fail in the first year than PS3 has been in the previous 5 years.

thing is PS3 hasnt been a failure really.....a failure is the dreamcast or the saturn where support is dropped quicker than a hot potato and developers not jumping on board.

PS3 has dev support,a good install base,good games,and started making a profitper unit sold.Even tho its been plagued with silly price points and hacking its still not a failure from a gamers standpoint in the sense of the immense games sony's first party have been putting out.

#9 Posted by dipsetboy17 (647 posts) -
you joking right? right?
#10 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17601 posts) -
I don't care when it will come out at this point. I'm happy with my PS3.
#11 Posted by LustForSoul (6404 posts) -
They recently started making profit on the PS3, no way it's coming. Not in 2013.
#12 Posted by KiZZo1 (3974 posts) -

Even if they didn't, have you heard of investment banks?

#13 Posted by gaming25 (6181 posts) -

It probably will come out in 2013. You think that when Jack Tretton said not any time soon you thought he meant 5 years from now?

#14 Posted by gaming25 (6181 posts) -
They recently started making profit on the PS3, no way it's coming. Not in 2013.LustForSoul
By the time the PS4 is released it wouldve been making a profit for over 3 years.
#15 Posted by eboyishere (12681 posts) -

not rushing it since i thin the ps3 is fine im not a graphic nutjob lol

but i still say 2014

#16 Posted by heretrix (37792 posts) -

I'd say they reveal it @ Tokyo Game show next year or E3 2013 and launch in 2014.

#17 Posted by LovePotionNo9 (4751 posts) -

They could avoid needing to release a new console by improving quality control and standards. Even if they have to give us sub-HD or less eye candy, then please do so if it means consistent frame rates (and decent ones at that), rather than the choppy crap we get a lot of (like Dragon Age or Enslaved). It'll feel like a brand new system.

#18 Posted by caseypayne69 (5394 posts) -
[QUOTE="drakekratos"]

Mozelleple112

Ha I'll buy it. I'm Sony/Nintendo gamer. When Microsoft grows a solid 1st and 2nd party. Give me a call.
#19 Posted by LustForSoul (6404 posts) -
[QUOTE="LustForSoul"]They recently started making profit on the PS3, no way it's coming. Not in 2013.gaming25
By the time the PS4 is released it wouldve been making a profit for over 3 years.

True that. Forgot we are in mid 2011, time flies.
#20 Posted by drakekratos (2311 posts) -
They recently started making profit on the PS3, no way it's coming. Not in 2013.LustForSoul
They still have all of 2011, 2012, and 2013 to make big profits on PS3. And don't forget thet will continue selling millions of PS3 for about 5 years after PS4 comes out!!! PS2 is still gonna sell 6 million systems this year.
#21 Posted by telefanatic (2961 posts) -

Are people forgeting that Sony makes a lot of other products ? They do have money, its not like Sega where they only made games and systems back in the day. I for one cant wait for the 3D TV package they got coming for $500 bucks with a pair of glasses, HDMI and Resistance 2 bundle. I have a 50" Sony Bravia that i love but its not 3D, so i cant wait!

#22 Posted by Basinboy (13101 posts) -

Sony seems to be indicating that they will hold off as long MS and release when they release, which I think would be the right thing to do; outmilking MS this generation would, I believe, be detrimental to the brand.

However, the recent tsunami in Japan lowered Sony's income forecast to 3 billion dollar loss this year from a few hundred million dollars of profit and with Japan's economy having already been on the decline, Sony will likely do anything they can to get as much profit out of the PS3 they can for as long as they can.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
#23 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9845 posts) -
Sony already stated that they will never have R&D costs as high as they did with the PS3. If PS Vita is any indication, I don't think we'll ever see another $599 console from Sony.
#24 Posted by drakekratos (2311 posts) -
Sony already stated that they will never have R&D costs as high as they did with the PS3. If PS Vita is any indication, I don't think we'll ever see another $599 console from Sony. Nonstop-Madness
I think itll be like PS2. Not the MOST powerful, but powerful enough.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
#25 Posted by deactivated-59d151f079814 (47239 posts) -
Couldn't care less.. The one thing gaming is not lacking is graphics.. The things I am looking for in progression does not require new hardware when it comes to gaming..