(ps4 vs x1) 1 year on have u changed your mind

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

as many of u may know i was completely sure of going ps4 only this gen but the last year sony lets face it has been shit. they keep announcing the same type of games (cinematic crap) and still offer nothing good in terms of competitive online experience. given how shit destiny multiplayer is i feel like i have to buy x1 now to play halo/gears because sony aint got nothing in that department. i will still buy ps4 probably next year when uncharted 4 releases

im buying x1 baby aww yeahhhhhhh master chief collection come to me

ps. how much ventilation is recommended for x1? my cabinet isnt that big and x1 is fukin huge

ok i found this video, this is the exact same as my tv cabinet. my x1 will go one of those middile compartments. as u can see it is not the biggest but will it be enough? dont want it to overheat

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Still waiting for a decent library before getting a PS4

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@lostrib said:

Just buy a Wii U.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

I haven't really changed my mind.

I'm still set on owning a PC, but given how terrible Sony has been this gen, in addition to my feelings that both the Xbox One and Wii U will be somewhat lackluster as well, I'm more certain PC will be my ONLY system this gen.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Nope. I am still only getting the PS4.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

Just buy a Wii U.

can we please keep this discussion to next gen consoles. thanks

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#8  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

Just buy a Wii U.

We are.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

as many of u may know i was completely sure of going ps4 only this gen but the last year sony lets face it has been shit. they keep announcing the same type of games (cinematic crap) and still offer nothing good in terms of competitive online experience. given how shit destiny multiplayer is i feel like i have to buy x1 now to play halo/gears because sony aint got nothing in that department. i will still buy ps4 probably next year when uncharted 4 releases

ps. how much ventilation is recommended for x1? my cabinet isnt that big and x1 is fukin huge

you don't need any ventilation for the xbox really, I had mine in an enclosed Entertainment stand and it was on 8-12 hours a day when I wasn't playing games the family used it for netflix and hulu, just got a new Tv stand and now it has plenty of breathing room.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@slimdogmilionar said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

you don't need any ventilation for the xbox really, I had mine in an enclosed Entertainment stand and it was on 8-12 hours a day when I wasn't playing games the family used it for netflix and hulu, just got a new Tv stand and now it has plenty of breathing room.

nice. thanks. the back of the compartment is open but i will also keep the front flaps open when i am gaming

@charizard1605 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

Just buy a Wii U.

We are.

nice joke char. lolwiiu

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Which ones have they announced this year that are cinematic crap , though ?

• inFAMOUS First Light
  • Bloodborne
  • LittleBigPlanet 3
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Singstar

Online on PS4 shouldn't be a problem - Killzone , TLoU , Planetside 2 , Uncharted , and H-Hour.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Both the X1 and Ps4 are garbage. Wii U/PC best combo.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

Just buy a Wii U.

We are.

Peter pan is not a next gen game, char. Jeeeez

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ghostwarrior786

@Nike_Air said:

Which ones have they announced this year that are cinematic crap , though ?

• inFAMOUS First Light
  • Bloodborne
  • LittleBigPlanet 3
  • Ratchet and Clank
  • Singstar

Online on PS4 shouldn't be a problem - Killzone , TLoU , Planetside 2 , Uncharted , and H-Hour.

none of those games u listed appeal to me but u are right im full of crap with that comment. im just disappointed with order 1886. in terms of multiplayer killzone and uncharted are shit. i have never heard of h-hour and not played tlou yet but will defo play when i get ps4 i dont want to play ps3 verison

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@charizard1605: be serious please :P

Probably get one at some point to play with my girlfriend

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

PlayStation will always be the best and most appealing consoles. Don't you learn from history repeating itself over and over again?

Getting excited over playing some shitty old games... Jesus.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Nope, no reason to change my mind with which one I'm purchasing and when. Neither console is doing anything special ATM but neither one is doing anything offensively awful.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

No, I'm happy with the PS4. I've also got some PS3 and PC games to catch up on.

I tend to prefer PlayStation exclusives, and the announcement of Bloodborne is just overkill.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

My opinion changed dramatically about the xbox one once it dropped in price and after the Halo MCC collection was talked about and shown. My opinion about the ps4 has changed oly a bit because of their disappointing e3 show and the annoying price hike, but I slowly starting to become more interested in the console.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Yeah, I was thinking about eventually getting an Xbone.

Now I'm just going to save my money and build a desktop.

Neither it nor the PS4 are worth it, nor will they be for at least 2-3 years (if ever).

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ghostwarrior786

@Gue1 said:

PlayStation will always be the best and most appealing consoles. Don't you learn from history repeating itself over and over again?

Getting excited over playing some shitty old games... Jesus.

there are 0 good multiplayer games at the moment, bad company 2 population is dead and so is gears so there is nothing to play therefore halo collection is a very attractive proposition. simples

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Both are still garbage currently.

Glad I got my Wii U instead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Both my PS4 and X1 have largely been a waste of time, just wish i'd got my PC sooner.

Next gen FIFA on my PS4 has been good though, my house is the default for tournaments with friends because of it now.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45097 Posts

so you complain that Sony has only the same type of games and then brag about how you're going to play old Halo games?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

I was pretty set on getting a PS4 since E3 last year but Sony's underwhelming lineup and the X1 dropping the price and kinect as well as its awesome lineup pretty much changed my mind.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The Xbone and PS4 aren't a year old yet.

To answer: Basically everything is as I thought it would be and my opinions are the same.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

nope. i mean, i REALLY would like to play the MC collection, but I ain't spending $400 + re-sub for live just to get my money's worth out of that. Don't care for Sunset Overdrive or anything else shown to be exclusive thus far. Ain't jumping at a chance to play halo 5 or next gears cause last installments for each were disappointing. pretty much everything i want out or coming out gonna be available for ps4

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ghostwarrior786

@SolidGame_basic said:

so you complain that Sony has only the same type of games and then brag about how you're going to play old Halo games?

yes. the difference between sony and ms games are halo/gears has good multiplayer imo so i can keep playing those games whereas sony offers good campaigns which i hardly ever play 2nd time around. i had fond memories of uc2 so i started playing it again and i just got bored, campaigns just dont feel the same to me 2nd time around whereas multiplayer games i can keep playing for 500+ hours and not get bored

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I like cinematic single player experiences and cooperative couch and online games. PS4 is the right match for me.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Simple...Xbox One is Next Gen tech all the way around and the PS4 is a graphics powerhouse as far as consoles go. The ultimate question is though how many games on the PS4 will be OH MY GAWD better than what can be played on the X1? Im betting less than 30% over the entire generation!!! We are in the age of the multiplat and unless you have the two consoles side by side, the differences will be minimal at best!! Sorry Cows, but its true!!! There will be games on the PS4 that will be stunning and beautiful, but there will also be games on the X1 that are jaw dropping!!

To answer the TC...Nope, I am all set with the X1 until Sony gives me a compelling reason! The Order, Bloodborne and UC4 will be the first ones that might pull me to buy a PS4, but not until then!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#31 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@ghostwarrior786: No, I am still glad I got the X1 first. I will as usual get them both. But I am glad I have got a strong PC now. Steam is awesome. I was talking to an army buddy today who is die hard sheep. And he has his Smash bros all reserved and cant wait and thats me with FH2, and SO. Really looking forward to those games.

Also, I dont feel much heat coming off my X1 at all. Remember the games are installed so the drive isnt going in order to play. Not much heat at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Well nothing has really changed so far this gen. The games are the same so far. There's nothing on ps4. The Order looks great, but it also looks to be another game that plays just like a last gen game. Xbox One has Halo which will likely be a game to own, but outside of a few games these two consoles simply aren't offering much new. It is a shame. And, if it weren't for all the digital this and that, drm, stressed storefronts, bloated OSs, etc....I'd say Xbox One is the console to own, but actually neither are that intriguing.

The only must buy console is Wiiu. Simple as that. Buy a wiiu, wait a year, and start building a gaming pc.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Nope. I'm glad that post-Mattrick XBox has made the moves needed to lessen the fiasco that was the original XBone reveal. But the PS4 is still the better piece of hardware for the same price, and Playstation has the clearly superior first party studio collection. Unless most of your friends have already purchased XBone, I consider the choice a no brainer.

I do feel that if Spencer keeps moving the XBox division in the direction he has them going now, they are going to have a Very appealing 9th gen offering, both with great hardware and more exclusive games. Unfortunately by the time they were rid of Mattrick the best they could do the the XB1 is make it an "almost PS4".

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i think im going to build a pc the ps4 is just pathetic.

master race here i come

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

That's why I bought Xbox One two weeks ago. Xbox One has exclusive multiplayer games which PS4 doesn't and I am having a blast with Titanfall. Killzone MP is fun, but no where near Titanfall. I liked what Microsoft did to its console; price reduction, new exclusives, and increase in hardware performance.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

I always planned to buy all of the consoles. The only thing that changed was I did not expect to buy a PS4 until 2015 since it currently has no games, but I found a deal to get it for only $350 and figured I probably won't find a better price than that before 2015 so I might as well just get it now to complete my collection.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Thought for sure I would love the PS4, hell was contemplating on not upgrading the PC and just holding on to a PS4/Wii U combo for this gen. HAHAHAHA

Bloodborne might be the one game that gets me to hold onto it. That and if MGSV doesn't go to PC like Kojima hinted it would.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@slimdogmilionar said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

nice. thanks. the back of the compartment is open but i will also keep the front flaps open when i am gaming

@charizard1605 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@lostrib said:

Just buy a Wii U.

We are.

nice joke char. lolwiiu

Kinda funny and ironic that you laugh at the Wii U when PS4 surpassed Wii U units sold what like 3 months ago? And currently Wii U is still ahead of Xbox One in sales by an estimate of 1.5-2 million units or so? Xbox 1 has barely hit 5 million units sold (im talking sold to consumers not shipped numbers), so which is more laughable the Wii U or the Xbone?

Nintendo has a remarkable oppourtunity this Christmas holiday to pull away from Xbox one and dare I say even catch up to PS4, IF and only IF they can somehow pushout Smash bros ( Wii U version) before December 25. Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2 would be two great system sellers for Ninty.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#40  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@PS4TrumpsXbox1: its also funny to laugh at WiiU when all that's on PS4 is last gen titles.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

Nothing has changed, both are consoles I could end up getting. But I need to see more games, before I'll consider one.

Xbone has to keep on delivering fresh IP like Sunset Overdrive and QB because at the end of the 360s lifetime, the last few years, there was nothing but Forza, Halo and Gears. And that was not enough for me.

While I have a little more trust in Sony, they supported the PS3 way better, I still don't see enough games to justify the pricetag.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46255 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@PS4TrumpsXbox1: its also funny to laugh at WiiU when all that's on PS4 is last gen titles.

Or how power matters when it comes to WiiU, but when Xbone and PS4 get compared to PC power suddenly doesn't matter anymore.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#44 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Well it is kind of embarrassing the Xbox one and the PS4 both don't have much games and have been out after the wii u... To only have their sales rival the wii u.

Quite an accomplishment there if you ask me.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Still waiting for the big third party releases of this coming generation, which will be on both X1 and PS4.

I have absolutely no doubt I made the right decision. Buy a ps4, wait a few years and buy a PC much more powerful than any of the generation for cheap a few years later.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

ok i found this video, this is the exact same as my tv cabinet. my x1 will go one of those middile compartments. as u can see it is not the biggest but will it be enough? dont want it to overheat

I stopped right there sir ... you are trolling , wont bite for this crap of trolling. You can do better.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@inb4uall said:

Both the X1 and Ps4 are garbage. Wii U/PC best combo.

This

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
@LegatoSkyheart said:

@shadowchronicle said:

Well it is kind of embarrassing the Xbox one and the PS4 both don't have much games and have been out after the wii u... To only have their sales rival the wii u.

Quite an accomplishment there if you ask me.

Guys , be honest and fair .

Nintendo did the most ridiculous thing i ever witnessed in console history. Being first by a large margin in sales with over 100M userbase while let Wii die out of nowhere while 2 years before that the system was in serious life support with people letting it collecting dust.

So Nintendo had all those years to focus on Wii U , software wise that is , since they let their Wii system..dead ! No support , not even close to what Sony did with PS3. Hell , a year ago 2 major exclusives released for PS3 !!! Thats Sony for you. What you Wii owners were playing last year ? Nothing ! 2 years ago? Nothing ..3 years ago.. nothing !!!!!! You get the grip ...Thats Nintendo for you.

And here you are , crying about PS4s library like MULTIPLATFORMS dont count as games ! You suddenly forget that Wii is dead for so many years now and you praising Nintendo !! For what exactly ? For 2-3 great exclusive games that they released while they had so many years out of competition ? Because Wii U has a whole year more into the market ? If we add the multiplatform titles , want you really play this game who has the better library ? To make it fair for the other 2 consoles ( PS4/X1 ) want to talk about it again when a year pass since their release and compare what Wii U had on its first year IN TOTAL games ?!!!

Face the facts ... Nintendo had so many years to focus on Wii U prior of its release and while you praising them for ... mario , kart and smash being out after almost 2 years !! You are crazy !!!

Lets talk libraries , total games , when PS4/X1 hit 1 year , in 4 months , with what Wii U had at its first year ! Lets do that , fair and square to be fair for all 3. And that wont end up good , just to know.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#49 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

not interested in either yet due to the game lineup. I will give it a year or two and maybe pick a ps4 up. xbone might be much further down the track.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Nope. The Xbone remains cancerous garbage.