PS4 vs High end PC, what you guys don't know

• 198 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]

10/10.

Funny how lots of "hermits" don't know sh1t about hardware...

lundy86_4

Based on what? Impart your knowledge.

The OP pointed out. The village idiots among the hermit population make you all look like insecure kids who know nothing but "powah" and "masta race" crap.

Great thread.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

10/10.

Douevenlift_bro

Funny how nearly all Cows dont know sh!t about hardware. The street goes both ways pal.

So you agree with me, Thanks.

Indeed some hermits don't know about hardware but most stay out of threads unlike Cows who chat sh!t.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

10/10.

Douevenlift_bro

hell yeah cows know more, they repeat gddr5 every thread without knowing it means nothing with a weak cpu and gpu.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

The OP pointed out. The village idiots among the hermit population make you all look like insecure kids who know nothing but "powah" and "masta race" crap.

Great thread.

Douevenlift_bro

You assume that the TC is correct. This shows your bias, based on not continuing the lines of evidence.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#155 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

We know all that -____-;
Now watch PC games run and look way better even from launch day on.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Funny how nearly all Cows dont know sh!t about hardware. The street goes both ways pal.

clyde46

Indeed some hermits don't know about hardware but most stay out of threads unlike Cows who chat sh!t.

We can argue all day but point is, the people who don't know sh1t need to shut up.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]The OP pointed out. The village idiots among the hermit population make you all look like insecure kids who know nothing but "powah" and "masta race" crap.

Great thread.

lundy86_4

You assume that the TC is correct. This shows your bias, based on not continuing the lines of evidence.

I know this..

PC is more powerful and always will be. PS4 is very impressive and has more than enough power to put out comparable material and also advance gaming forward visually atleast for PC and PS4.

I would include 720 too but...yah.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]So you agree with me, Thanks.

Douevenlift_bro

We can argue all day but point is, the people who don't know sh1t need to shut up.

Indeed but this is SW, where idiocy is in the water supply.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]So you agree with me, Thanks.

Douevenlift_bro

I'm all for that...

Glad you could identify the problem, now solve it, take your fellow cows, and leave! ;)

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#160 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Indeed some hermits don't know about hardware but most stay out of threads unlike Cows who chat sh!t. clyde46

Indeed but this is SW, where idiocy is in the water supply.

I was thinking of switching up idiot with some other element just because of your statement, but then I found yours fits perfectly already.

Good show. :)

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]The OP pointed out. The village idiots among the hermit population make you all look like insecure kids who know nothing but "powah" and "masta race" crap.

Great thread.

Douevenlift_bro

I know this..

PC is more powerful and always will be. PS4 is very impressive and has more than enough power to put out comparable material and also advance gaming forward visually atleast for PC and PS4.

Why do you continue to assume?

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#162 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

why does this matter ? everyone should be glad Consoles are moving on to better performance. It's never going to be better than a PC because.... HELLO! games are made by PC's... Duh! god... 

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lundy86_4

I know this..

Shut up. You can't continue to  say everybody is wrong and not tell us why you're right. You sir are a bitter troll

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]I know this..

Douevenlift_bro

Shut up. You can't continue to  say everybody is wrong and not tell us why you're right. You sir are a bitter troll

Someone's mad

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

lostrib

Someone's mad

I'm jelly.. get it right

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 lundy86_4

Douevenlift_bro

I haven't made an assertion, dimwit. I never said anybody was wrong, I simply asked why you assume he is correct. 

If you can't answer the question, say so.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Douevenlift_bro

lundy86_4

I haven't made an assertion, dimwit. I never said anybody was wrong, I simply asked why you assume he is correct. 

Why isn't  he? He just said basic stuff.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Douevenlift_bro

Why are we going in circles. SMH.

CDWJUSTIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#169 CDWJUSTIN
Member since 2003 • 2078 Posts

bla bla bla my pc is more powerful i still play the orignal crysis because its the best looking game ever. all the games i play and more are on consoles and the best games that are on my pc are old game and sweet indy games that require nothing to run... my pc is more powerful to play the same game as you there for it is better.

Plagueless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Plagueless
Member since 2010 • 2569 Posts

bla bla bla my pc is more powerful i still play the orignal crysis because its the best looking game ever. all the games i play and more are on consoles and the best games that are on my pc are old game and sweet indy games that require nothing to run... my pc is more powerful to play the same game as you there for it is better.

CDWJUSTIN
I find your lack of intelligence disturbing. Yet another console-only player who doesn't see the big picture, and what makes PC gaming so special. Why should I be surprised? :roll:
CDWJUSTIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#171 CDWJUSTIN
Member since 2003 • 2078 Posts

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Douevenlift_bro

For one thing, OP claimed PS4 was using DDR5. That is enough for me to call into question whether he even knows what he's talking about.

Chrome-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#174 Chrome-
Member since 2009 • 1744 Posts

PC isn't even that good compared to consoles sure it's better than Consoles but it's not exactly day and night difference like hermits want you to think. With most games these days being optimised for consoles the only difference you might see on the PC is a few extra textures every here n then.

JdO1Mh2.jpg

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

I'm excited for the PS4 to release because I want my 7950 to actually get some challenge. Every modern game has just been completely destroyed by my card (except Crysis 3 of course) because the current consoles are so damn old. It took me 45 visual mods on Skyrim before I dipped below 60fps at 1080p with 4xMSAA. So for you console fanboys who keep harping on how the PC is going to be given a run for it's money, I say bring it. I'm excited to see just how far I can push my hardware. You guys forget too often that as PC gamers we like to tinker, and we like having our hardware pushed to the limit. Plagueless

AMD GCN powered consoles wouldn't be a threat to PCs with AMD GCN i.e. AMD is pushing HSA software ecosystem for PC games. http://www.slideshare.net/zlatan4177/gpgpu-algorithms-in-games

From http://hsafoundation.com/ Sony is a member of HSA foundation.

PCs with AMD GCN will get software update for HSA enabled titles e.g. AMD Kaveri APU dev boxes are already in developer's hands(1).

1. http://www.overclock.net/t/1366905/ph-amd-kaveri-prototype

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 ronvalencia

PC isn't even that good compared to consoles sure it's better than Consoles but it's not exactly day and night difference like hermits want you to think. With most games these days being optimised for consoles the only difference you might see on the PC is a few extra textures every here n then.

Chrome-

The Crysis picture is not Crysis 2.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 ronvalencia

why does this matter ? everyone should be glad Consoles are moving on to better performance. It's never going to be better than a PC because.... HELLO! games are made by PC's... Duh! god... 

Joedgabe
The next-gen consoles are *still* PC i.e. AMD "Gaming Evolved" type PC box.
homeboylizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 homeboylizard
Member since 2010 • 1289 Posts

For the TC...

dfhkd

There is so much wrong in the first post that makes it hard not to question your fanboyism towards consoles and hatred towards the PC and hermits. Get your  facts straight and acknolwedge that when your consoles comes out Intel Haswell will be out, GTX 700 and HD8000 will be out and DDR 4 RAM will be out.

No matter how optimized a game can be for the consoles, mid-range PC's can run a heavily unoptimized game(eg. mine, GTX 570 and i5 2310) like Metro 2033 at 1080P with 35-40 FPS. Yet your consoles struugle with dumbed down Crysis 3 dipping into 10 FPS.

You lost the race, and it ain't even started yet.

DJP3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 DJP3000
Member since 2010 • 293 Posts

Yes the PS4 is impressive as a console, yes it is a great jump from current consoles, and yes it is going to be sweet, and I will be buying one pretty quickly most likely.

But please get your facts completely straight. GDDR5 is not some kind of god amongst men; video cards have been using GDDR5 since 2010. It's great that the whole system can take advantage of some unified memory, and that the communication between memory, CPU and GPU will be rapid, and the system as a whole will be nice for developers. 

But having said that, it really is only the GPU that needs that speed of memory. You made a big thing out of computers having only 1600MHz main memory, yet in actual fact, RAM in computers these days is very rarely a bottleneck at all.

_Matt_

I agree with this.  Reviews of CPU's on the internet show that an i7-3820 performs similarily to an i7-2600k or 2700k, yet i7-3820 system has more than twice the memory bandwidth of the 2700k system (quad-channel 1600 vs dual-channel 1333).  Even i7-3770k beats an i7 3820 in gaming by a little, yet i7-3820 has twice the memory bandwidth of the i7-3770k and is only a little slower in games.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

LET'S MISINFORM!!! - I love that thread recently where some Hermit claimed PCs were getting DDR5 RAM this year so that makes the PS4's 8GB of DDR5 no longer impressive. However, that wasn't really true. 

What is great about DDR5 memory is the BANDWIDTH. In other words, the SPEED of the memory. The average PC today, even a gaming PC uses DDR3 RAM. DDR3 RAM with a typical speed of 1600Mhz has a memory bandwidth of around 25/Gbs. That's roughly equal to the Xbox 360 and PS3!!! You got that, HIGH END PCS today use system RAM that is as SLOW as 360 and PS3 memory. 

If you guys clicked the link in that thread it explained that the DDR5 memory that is coming to PCs this year will give us a bandwidth of around 50/Gbs which is double what we have now. But nowhere near the 176/Gbs that will be in the PS4. 

The truth is that DDR5 is only coming at that speed in certain limited configurations. The real jump will be next year when ALL PCs move to DDR4 memory. But then the memory WILL NOT be running at 176/Gbs. 

It will take YEARS for PCs to use system ram that run as fast as the PS4's 8GB DDR5 Memory. Maybe by the time the PS5 is out, PCs will reach that point.

Xplode_games

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

can console games be that stupid?

176/Gbs memory BANDWIDTH are shared between the CPU and GPU, so CPU will use around 20/Gbs and around 155/Gbs for GPU.

on pc on the other hand (in my pc specifically), it is 38/Gbs for CPU, 300/Gbs for GPU and 300/Gbs for my second GPU, if you want to add it together(like the ps4) it is 638/Gbs vs 176/Gbs

(not to mention that ps4 have higher memory latency than my pc...)

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

No it does have a game, in 1080P like some old gen games already did yet still in 30 FPS .

That GDDR5 !

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Funny how nearly all Cows dont know sh!t about hardware. The street goes both ways pal.

clyde46

No actually many are in including your self.. Look at one yesterday he actually confuse the 6800GT with the 6800Ultra and try to pass the Ultra as GT. I mean really did he even really game on PC once.? Every old Hermit know the the 6800 GT and the Ultra are 2 different cards.. Then the same dude claiming the PS4 would use 6GB for system and OS,which you also took a ride on to flame me.. Comment like those really make you people look like miss informed idiots and don't really help your case.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#185 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

Yes the PS4 is impressive as a console, yes it is a great jump from current consoles, and yes it is going to be sweet, and I will be buying one pretty quickly most likely.

But please get your facts completely straight. GDDR5 is not some kind of god amongst men; video cards have been using GDDR5 since 2010. It's great that the whole system can take advantage of some unified memory, and that the communication between memory, CPU and GPU will be rapid, and the system as a whole will be nice for developers. 

But having said that, it really is only the GPU that needs that speed of memory. You made a big thing out of computers having only 1600MHz main memory, yet in actual fact, RAM in computers these days is very rarely a bottleneck at all.

DJP3000

I agree with this.  Reviews of CPU's on the internet show that an i7-3820 performs similarily to an i7-2600k or 2700k, yet i7-3820 system has more than twice the memory bandwidth of the 2700k system (quad-channel 1600 vs dual-channel 1333).  Even i7-3770k beats an i7 3820 in gaming by a little, yet i7-3820 has twice the memory bandwidth of the i7-3770k and is only a little slower in games.

Thank you sir. I couldn't be bothered to search for an example to help my point, but you did that for me. Kudos. :)

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

It all comes down to one thing what everyone is forgetting and i can't stress enough. the high end pc's what people are going on about which they claim is better than ps4 which is making the ps4 seem medicore, cost 700 or more to build, this will get you on par or slightly more unless you want to be paying over the 1000 mark, when the ps4 comes out it's going to cost about 400, now you give me a 8gddr5 ram gaming pc which cost less than 400 and then you have your arguement if not stop saying it's a medicore console when the console is made just to play games and costs a whole lot less. 

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

enjoy your obsolete systems day 1

Sailor_Enlil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Sailor_Enlil
Member since 2003 • 1552 Posts

[QUOTE="OldSnake-PS3"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Still no AAAA I see.Snugenz

you gotta be patient making a GOTY lock for sure that wont ever be on pc takes time :lol:

have another console port and relax

All games will be playable on PC eventually, just give it time...

Show me a legit copy of this game on the PC:

undeadgoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 undeadgoon
Member since 2006 • 706 Posts

you know is my pc better than the ps4..... well i really dont care, and dont see what all the fuss is about... as long as they are both fun to play and do what you what who really cares..!!!

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
you cows dont know anything about hardware. all i see from them is gflops and gddr5 > 99% of gaming pcs. consoles are stuck with fixed hardware for 6-7 years while computers double their processing power every two years if they follow moores law. ps4 is already outdated, just deal with it. tc, its gddr5 not ddr5. theres a difference. even lemmings aren't this delusional. blame the developers for not taking advantage of the most powerful gpu.
Farsendor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Farsendor1
Member since 2012 • 462 Posts

You made your entire post invalid by using the term DDR5

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Douevenlift_bro"]So you agree with me, Thanks.tormentos

No actually many are in including your self.. Look at one yesterday he actually confuse the 6800GT with the 6800Ultra and try to pass the Ultra as GT. I mean really did he even really game on PC once.? Every old Hermit know the the 6800 GT and the Ultra are 2 different cards.. Then the same dude claiming the PS4 would use 6GB for system and OS,which you also took a ride on to flame me.. Comment like those really make you people look like miss informed idiots and don't really help your case.

Says the guy that gets panned for not knowing what he's talking about.
metal_zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 metal_zombie
Member since 2004 • 2288 Posts

Zdc3S.gif

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Zdc3S.gif

metal_zombie
lol
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
[QUOTE="clyde46"] Says the guy that gets panned for not knowing what he's talking about.

Oh but you do right..:lol:
1-UPking82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 1-UPking82
Member since 2013 • 102 Posts
Well according to some devs, the PS4 is more powerful than most gaming PC's for years to come. I'm sure a super powered rig will be more powerful, but that isn't worth the money quite frankly because I find people on this board over exaggerate everything.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 clyde46
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Says the guy that gets panned for not knowing what he's talking about.

Oh but you do right..:lol:

Least I know when to stop talking. You on the other hand do not.