PS4 tops Wii U Lifetime Sales in US

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Gen 8 Hardware Totals (US):

XOne 105,228 (-43%) 1,944,688

PS4 90,336 (-44%) 2,110,642

WiiU 24,547 (-66%) 2,086,724

Top 5

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts (X360) Activision, Shooter 116,360

2. Grand Theft Auto V (X360) Take-Two Interactive, Action 107,602

3. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3) Take-Two Interactive, Action 74,665

4. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3) Activision, Shooter 71,892

5. NBA 2K14 (X360) Take-Two Interactive, Sports 54,204

PS4 have dominate the US........WiiU.....lol.

PS4: "Hey Wii U! On your Right!" (1 week later) Xbone: "Wii U, on your left!

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I don't know why you posted the top 5. Seems irrelevant to what your thread is about (there aren't even any PS4 games in the top 5).

Also, you're using VGChartz. I know the PS4 will top the Wii U soon, but you should at least wait until official numbers to make a thread about it.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

It's a really close race between PS4 and X1 here in America, which is great. I imagine it'll be close between the two for the entire time they are primary consoles. Last gen 360 pretty much had a death grip on America. I still don't understand why so many people were willing to put up with numerous (anywhere from 3-8) broken systems last gen.

Yes, the worst i heard from a friend was 8, and I gave him the look that I thought he was a full on tard.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

How many of these threads need to be made? No one cares about the Wii U. Not now, then, or ever.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

@Telekill said:

It's a really close race between PS4 and X1 here in America, which is great. I imagine it'll be close between the two for the entire time they are primary consoles. Last gen 360 pretty much had a death grip on America. I still don't understand why so many people were willing to put up with numerous (anywhere from 3-8) broken systems last gen.

Yes, the worst i heard from a friend was 8, and I gave him the look that I thought he was a full on tard.

I don't think it will be that close this time around. The PS4 should win easily. It's the more powerful console, is a $100 cheaper, and wasn't released a year after the Xbox like last gen.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Telekill said:

I still don't understand why so many people were willing to put up with numerous (anywhere from 3-8) broken systems last gen.

I went through six and decided to try PC gaming instead. Microsoft didn't have anything I couldn't live without, and if something goes wrong with my PC, I'll just open it up and fix it. My 360 experience was immensely frustrating - beyond what I was willing to tolerate. If people really loved the games and online community, I can see the reason they may put up with it.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Telekill

@YearoftheSnake5: What made you put up with having 6 units though? How many did you have to pay for until Microsoft changed their ways and realized they better start upping customer service by footing the bill?

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

WiiU is still around?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

PS4 proves that hype and marketing can sell anything regardless of how many good pieces of software it has.

The Wii U proves that most gamers these days don't want high-quality, fun games... they want cinematic, high-production value movies that play themselves between set-pieces.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#13 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

People obviously don't care about gaming.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Exposed!

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Nintendo right now:

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

How many of these threads need to be made? No one cares about the Wii U. Not now, then, or ever.

I care!....

Ok, I could not say that with a straight face!

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

@PhazonBlazer said:

Nintendo right now:

The problem is that they probably have no idea why =( I want to see them succeed because if they fail they will probably make shovelware mobile games, that would suck.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@PhazonBlazer said:

Nintendo right now:

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@crimsonman1245 said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

Nintendo right now:

The problem is that they probably have no idea why =( I want to see them succeed because if they fail they will probably make shovelware mobile games, that would suck.

why would they stop making handheld games or systems if their half-assed console efforts finally caught up to them?

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

Tops it in just a mere two months is whats impressive for PS4 and very concerning for Wii U.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Sony Domination Continuation

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#23 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

first of all to early to say anything remember ps3 , ya sit back and play your games sales don't mean jack at least wii had both fronts covered ,lol lets look at ps4s library ya what that one person said that people will pay for junk due to hype but wont budge for the real games which is a shame because they did the same thing to gc and forced Nintendo into making wii ,

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

XOne 105,228 (-43%) 1,944,688

PS4 90,336 (-44%) 2,110,642

LOL VGChartz, though.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

Don't care.I'm just waiting for Mario kart and smash bros.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@Telekill said:

They put up with broken 360s over & over, because they're Americans. They bought the 360 more because they're Americans. They continue to support MS because they're Americans. Some with intelligence that saw MS pull the anti-consumer BS finally had enough & are switching.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@Telekill said:

They put up with broken 360s over & over, because they're Americans. They bought the 360 more because they're Americans. They continue to support MS because they're Americans. Some with intelligence that saw MS pull the anti-consumer BS finally had enough & are switching.

You sound so mad it's not even funny.

People put up with Microsoft because as I recall for the first half of last generation Sony completely flopped. Between releasing terrible games, their terrible UI, terrible online services, and finally that high price tag.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

PS4 proves that hype and marketing can sell anything regardless of how many good pieces of software it has.

The Wii U proves that most gamers these days don't want high-quality, fun games... they want cinematic, high-production value movies that play themselves between set-pieces.

Yeah because the xbox one has this great line up of games it has 5 games that score 10 every where the PS4 is sad...

The xbox one is been sold out there with nothing but garbage games and inferior multiplatforms,yet you say nothing odd isn't.?

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

PS4 dominating the Xbox One despite having not much units to sell.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@tormentos said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Yeah because the xbox one has this great line up of games it has 5 games that score 10 every where the PS4 is sad...

The xbox one is been sold out there with nothing but garbage games and inferior multiplatforms,yet you say nothing odd isn't.?

When did he say anything about the Xbox One?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By foxhound_fox

@tormentos said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Wow, butthurt about the Bone? I didn't even remotely bring up anything Microsoft of Xbox related... and somehow you take the conversation there.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Telekill

@clr84651: I'm American and have only owned an Xbox for one month. It was the first Xbox when Halo 2 released. Live was such a horrible community that i sold the system after only one month. I wrote them off since and haven't regretted it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

Everyone knew that was going to happen.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#34  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Telekill said:

@YearoftheSnake5: What made you put up with having 6 units though? How many did you have to pay for until Microsoft changed their ways and realized they better start upping customer service by footing the bill?

At the time, many of my friends had 360s and we played several games online regularly. I had an extended warranty from Best Buy, which allowed me to simply trade the system in for a new one whenever it broke at no cost to me. I renewed the warranty before the two years was up, but before it could expire again, I gave up on the platform. I got tired of taking it in, backing up my data(Best Buy HAD to take the HDD for some reason), and crossing my fingers that the next one might not break.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Ummm Wii proved that last gen. Been living under a rock much.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50547 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I laughed. Good shit.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@Desmonic said:

F*ckin stop using VGhartz.

Do you have a better source to use?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#38 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

VGChartz again? Ya'all are fucking idiots.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 foxhound_fox

@W1NGMAN- said:

Ummm Wii proved that last gen. Been living under a rock much.

The Wii had good games. Not any good third party offerings, but a lot of excellent first party. Haven't been living under a rock at all.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AmazonTreeBoa

Considering anybody with even a small fraction of a brain cell saw this coming, I am not sure why this news worthy of a thread. So... Thanks Captain Obvious.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AmazonTreeBoa

@princessgomez92 said:

People obviously don't care about gaming.

Or they are over last gen and are ready to move on.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@trugs26 said:

I don't know why you posted the top 5. Seems irrelevant to what your thread is about (there aren't even any PS4 games in the top 5).

Also, you're using VGChartz. I know the PS4 will top the Wii U soon, but you should at least wait until official numbers to make a thread about it.

VGchartz is on point as we speak , weird but true.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Sad, considering the Wii U's lineup absolutely shits on the PS4's at the moment.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Or maybe people just want an actual next gen system with proper online and decent looking multiplats and 3rd party support. Nintendo first party is awesome but they aren't a sole reason to buy a console especially when the console has shit 3rd party support with mediocre hardware and online infrastructure. Nintendo failed to do their homework before releasing the WiiU, it isn't 2006 anymore that shit won't fly, and that's why the WiiU is struggling

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Wow, butthurt about the Bone? I didn't even remotely bring up anything Microsoft of Xbox related... and somehow you take the conversation there.

Exactly and that is the reason why you are a biased fanboy,bitter much because the PS4 is winning..? lol

Is not what you mention is what you don't in your sentence.

@Blabadon said:

When did he say anything about the Xbox One?

Exactly he didn't is call single out when you claim sony is selling PS4 without games,but don't even name MS in the same sentence doing the same yeah you are single out sony,either way is Foxhound Fox we know hes angle dude.

@DarkLink77 said:

Sad, considering the Wii U's lineup absolutely shits on the PS4's at the moment.

It has 1 year head start it should,it also the same vs the xbox one to,sadly enough if you are interested in anything multiplatform or online play the Wii U by far is the crappiest console of the 3 by far.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Tormentos, one day you will grow up and see how sad you really are.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

shit....oh well.

back to 3rd place i guess.

its nintendos fault....not the hardware imo...

its lack of online in games...pikmin3 could of had online...same for mario 3d world...no voice chat...no friend invites..virtual console is a joke(why not just put all the games already)...300$ with no harddrive...
no must have games the whole year except nsmbU and 3d world. ps4/xbox sold on call of duty battlefield and fanboys alone.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Welp, that was quick.

Hopefully the PS4 gets some better games so that I can justify a purchase in the near future.