PS4 to have voice commands

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

lems are about to feast in 3....2....1......

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/ps4-to-get-voice-recognition-job-ad-suggests-50011253/

2UcXyl7.jpg

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

Xbox loses another exclusive :(

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts
there really is no reason to get an xbox one . unless youre a fan of halo.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
PS4 to have voice commands... ...as long as you pay extra for the camera
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

voice comands are old. Hell your phone might have them if you wanna give it a go... might not be your liking though.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

I mean this in the least disrespectful way..

But Anybody who REALLY thought the Kinect features were cutting edge stuff is an IDIOT.

MS only flaunts such basic features as voice command because as a gaming system, X1 suffers.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

And I assume this will work in every country.

awptical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 awptical
Member since 2003 • 844 Posts

useless gimmick, no one wants to talk to their console

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NathanDrakeSwag

PS4 to have voice commands... ...as long as you pay extra for the camerabobbetybob

Which is still $40 cheaper and optional.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
I thought the Dualshock 4 has a speaker, why can't they just implement command on it?
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

PS4 to have voice commands... ...as long as you pay extra for the camerabobbetybob
And still $40 cheaper than the X1 even with the camera

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/ps4-to-get-voice-recognition-job-ad-suggests-50011253/

2UcXyl7.jpg

stereointegrity
So a camera and voice commands are cool now huh? Are the SWs resident hypocrites being hypocrites?
Armoured_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Armoured_Mage
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

i remember games on the original xbox having voice commands so this is hardly some massive innovation

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kingtito

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]PS4 to have voice commands... ...as long as you pay extra for the cameraheeweesRus

And that camera is just that, a camera. The Kinect so a lot more but I guess you think it's cool now huh?
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
"incredible innovation" lawls. Now it's innovation in cows
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]

kingtito

So a camera and voice commands are cool now huh? Are the SWs resident hypocrites being hypocrites?

They're not cool, their basic. PS2 had a camera

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

i remember games on the original xbox having voice commands so this is hardly some massive innovation

Armoured_Mage

No. It's Sony, so it has to be new and bad ass.

nishanth12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 nishanth12
Member since 2008 • 678 Posts

Hmm... I wonder why Sony did'nt anounce it officially or might I say given it any importance it deserves. Cus all xbox did is boast about this featrure as if it's exclusive to xbox.

Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Douevenlift_bro

[QUOTE="Armoured_Mage"]

GravityX

Lemmings thought it was new on the X1..

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]

2UcXyl7.jpg

kingtito

where did it say anywhere in this thread it was cool...please point it out....ill wait while u pull straws
robybaggio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 robybaggio
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts
Oh poor Cows. No games and now they try there hang their hats on gimmicky voice controls.
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Douevenlift_bro

Oh poor Lemmings, No games and now they try there hang their hats on gimmicky voice controls.robybaggio
Oh wow sounds just like them

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

The other thing about this is while yes it is a nice feature to have on both consoles.

THIS IS OPTIONAL!

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NathanDrakeSwag

But PS4 is just a more powerful PS3. Xbone is innovative because of Kinect voice commands :lol:

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GravityX

[QUOTE="GravityX"]

[QUOTE="Armoured_Mage"]

Douevenlift_bro

Lemmings thought it was new on the X1..

"Lemmings" might have, but gamers that truly play and follow Xbox would know Xbox 360 had voice commands.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kingtito
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"]

2UcXyl7.jpg

stereointegrity

where did it say anywhere in this thread it was cool...please point it out....ill wait while u pull straws

It was a question because you posted this like it was, as if it was something to brag about.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kingtito

But PS4 is just a more powerful PS3. Xbone is innovative because of Kinect voice commands :lol:

NathanDrakeSwag
Serious? I don't anyone said it was innovative because of voice commands. You're grasping now kid, and that's saying a lot coming from you.
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

kingtito

Serious? I don't anyone said it was innovative because of voice commands. You're grasping now kid, and that's saying a lot coming from you.

I guess you've never seen a shawn30 post before.

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 stereointegrity
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="kingtito"] So a camera and voice commands are cool now huh? Are the SWs resident hypocrites being hypocrites?

It was a question because you posted this like it was, as if it was something to brag about.

no where did it come across as it being cool or something to brag about if it was then i would have said something like TLHBO or Cool new PS feature in stead i said lems will feast on this copy cat news
omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

Adds innovation to your gaming :lol: 

Sony can be as stupid as MS sometimes

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
there really is no reason to get an xbox one . unless youre a fan of halo.Ribnarak
Actually I was playing Horde last night and realized I'm going to miss Gears. Still not good enough of a reason for an X1 though.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bobbetybob

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]PS4 to have voice commands... ...as long as you pay extra for the cameraheeweesRus

So? I was just pointing out that the PS4 doesn't "just have voice commands" you need to buy the camera, and this is still in development.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
#casualstation4
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kingtito

[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

NathanDrakeSwag

I guess you've never seen a shawn30 post before.

So 1 person == all lems now?
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="heeweesRus"]

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]PS4 to have voice commands... ...as long as you pay extra for the camerabobbetybob

So? I was just pointing out that the PS4 doesn't "just have voice commands" you need to buy the camera, and this is still in development.

Its still in development for M$ too http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-voice-commands-wont-work-at-launch-for-everyo-1224624316

The only difference is Sony is not forcing it on people. People who buy a Xbone in certain countries have a useless Kinect but they have to pay for it if they want the console.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts
there really is no reason to get an xbox one . unless youre a fan of halo.Ribnarak
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bobbetybob

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="heeweesRus"]And still $40 cheaper than the X1 even with the camera

NathanDrakeSwag

Its still in development for M$ too http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-voice-commands-wont-work-at-launch-for-everyo-1224624316

The only difference is Sony is not forcing it on people. People who buy a Xbone in certain countries have a useless Kinect but they have to pay for it if they want the console.

Cool, I'm not saying Kinect is better, just pointing out that this isn't some perfect system either.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kingtito

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"][QUOTE="heeweesRus"]And still $40 cheaper than the X1 even with the camera

NathanDrakeSwag

So in other words devs will have no reason to take advantage of it since hardly anyone will buy the camera for PS4. It just officially became the most useless feature on the PS4
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
what IS the point of the xbone? its pretty much a worse ps4.
GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GravityX

NathanDrakeSwag

Kinetic is primarily a gesture control input device and I believe that works no matter what language you speak. So you stating it's useless is a baseless and false statement.

Plus you don't know how many laungaues PSEye will support. Do you?

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"] So? I was just pointing out that the PS4 doesn't "just have voice commands" you need to buy the camera, and this is still in development. kingtito

So in other words devs will have no reason to take advantage of it since hardly anyone will buy the camera for PS4. It just officially became the most useless feature on the PS4

Personally I'd rather not have shovelware like Fighter Within and Steel Battalion Heavy Armor on PS4.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NathanDrakeSwag

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"] So? I was just pointing out that the PS4 doesn't "just have voice commands" you need to buy the camera, and this is still in development. GravityX

Kinetic is primarily a gesture control input device and I believe that works no matter what language you speak. So you stating it's useless is a baseless and false statement.

Phil Harrison would disagree with you.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/425845/interviews/interview-phil-harrison-on-xbox-ones-core-games-charge/

I have an Xbox One at home, and being able to walk in and say "Xbox on", and for the system to recognize me, launch and load my profile, and put my choices of content on the front page is a very magical experience.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GravityX

NathanDrakeSwag

Personally I'd rather not have shovelware like Fighter Within and Steel Battalion Heavy Armor on PS4.

Steel Battalion was a waste of time and money for the dev. It was horrible and I only tried the demo.

But if MS says is true, in regard to Kinect about it learning over time, game developers that made decent Kinect games last gen should be able to take advantage of its improved capabilites. Time will tell.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44552 Posts
I doubt it'll be as responsive as Kinect, but it'll be interesting to see if they can beat MS to broader language support.
GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GravityX

[QUOTE="GravityX"]

NathanDrakeSwag

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/425845/interviews/interview-phil-harrison-on-xbox-ones-core-games-charge/

I have an Xbox One at home, and being able to walk in and say "Xbox on", and for the system to recognize me, launch and load my profile, and put my choices of content on the front page is a very magical experience.

He explains a great feature of the Kinect. No where does he say that voice is a primary function of Kinect. Do you think voice is the primary function of Kinect? hmmm

Again you stating it's useless is a baseless and false statement.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

I thought the Dualshock 4 has a speaker, why can't they just implement command on it?rjdofu

:lol:.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GravityX

I doubt it'll be as responsive as Kinect, but it'll be interesting to see if they can beat MS to broader language support.lamprey263

If you are talking about gesture control. I think it may be more responsive for the action you can perform with the PSEye since its keying off the light bar on the controller or the wands, however it may be limited to the amount of gestures you can perform or the type of motions you can perform.

Armoured_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Armoured_Mage
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

[QUOTE="GravityX"]

NathanDrakeSwag

i dont know why but i get the feeling that its going to be slower than pressing a few buttons on the controller to do the same thing. cool feature but id rather not have a camera on me the whole time im playing a game.

ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts

Hmm... I wonder why Sony did'nt anounce it officially or might I say given it any importance it deserves. Cus all xbox did is boast about this featrure as if it's exclusive to xbox.

nishanth12
Because it took them this long to figure out how to use voice-commands, and it's probably just like GaiKai -- hypothetical at the moment.
ShaineTheNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ShaineTheNerd
Member since 2012 • 1578 Posts

NathanDrakeSwag

But I'm sure you'll enjoy, or at least say you do, the shovelware Sony will offer.