PS4 Slim is sold out on US websites; Switch is readily available other than Amazon

• 112 results
Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

I'm shocked, but you can check for yourself. Looks like Switch's momentum might be slowing down after all, or PS4 is stealing sales from it. I have to admit that even I am tempted by that $200 deal for PS4... though it's sold out anyway! Hopefully it can at least manage a million for the month in the US, or else next year will be rough before Pokemon or a price cut.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45055 Posts

Just go to your local store tomorrow.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Geez. No kidding! Pretty surprised by this. I bet the Switch is doing well, though. Nintendo made a huge fuss about raiding their piggy bank to bump up production for this holiday season. Sony's sale, on the other hand, is a damn good deal. Didn't think they would flush online stocks like this, though. I think the PS4 has a couple more years left in it, after all.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

There was a line at Kohl’s today. People rush in a clean out all PS4 and XB1S in 5 minuets lol that was impressive for both consoles.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

It's sold out for $199 1TB version. I bet you will be able to easily find one in stock for $299.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61471 Posts

Without knowing what the actual supply is like... Why the comparison? No doubt that Nintendo has gotten better with meeting demand, but this comparison is pretty stupid.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Techhog89
@ni6htmare01 said:

There was a line at Kohl’s today. People rush in a clean out all PS4 and XB1S in 5 minuets lol that was impressive for both consoles.

But not Switch? RIP. It'll probably still be Nintendo's second best selling home console, but... RIIIIIIIIIIIP

Avatar image for snapcracklenpop
snapcrackleNpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 snapcrackleNpop
Member since 2015 • 274 Posts

the switch is slowing down because 199 ps4 slim 1tb black friday deal with black friday shoppers looking for the black friday sales ... your kidding me ... i thought people went out on deal week for full retail prices

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yea fakeboy undercover cow showing his true colors...i say wait till NPD... then he can gloat.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

I reckon the Switch will sell pretty well, here in the UK at least. Amazon have put up the Mario bundle for £279 which was unexpected. It's normally £329!

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12 Kjtc1979
Member since 2017 • 365 Posts

So we have officially jumped from the "Switch is sold out because of artificial scarcity" narrative to "Switch is in stock so it's tanking" narrative. Alrighty then.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@kjtc1979 said:

So we have officially jumped from the "Switch is sold out because of artificial scarcity" narrative to "Switch is in stock so it's tanking" narrative. Alrighty then.

It is called pathetic cows and fanboys. Enough said.... It really is pretty sad and pathetic, but do you really expect anything different from fanboys?

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3540 Posts

Your average consumer doesn’t know what the hell they’re buying, they just see a deal that’ll shut the kids up. Let’s give it another Black Friday or two and wait til there’s actually a deal on Switch.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Techhog89

@KBFloYd: But I just said that I don't have a PS4...

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Both Sony and MS have the "best" black friday deal up here in Canada.

PS4 is $279 at best buy but i'm sure you can get it cheaper some where else, XB1S is $229 as a door crasher tomorrow at BB and it's expected to sell out fast, there was stacks at the checkout ready when I went in today.

meanwhile the switch continues to cost $399 in Canada, so I expect it to sell a lot.. but during back friday it's a frenzy for the other two consoles.

Keep in mind these are Canadian prices, and the lowest I've seen these systems up here.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Sony dropped the ball. Not enough stock to meet the $199 thirst. Kaz Harai , Andy House , and John Kodera should be ashamed.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@Miyomatic said:

Your average consumer doesn’t know what the hell they’re buying, they just see a deal that’ll shut the kids up. Let’s give it another Black Friday or two and wait til there’s actually a deal on Switch.

Parents buy their kids what they ask for.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I think for Black Friday that consumers were expecting at least a $50 off deal on Switch and there was not one. It's a new system that's selling well, sure, but there were no Black Friday deals on the Switch itself that I saw. That in itself is probably a major contributor to the OP's findings.

Good to remember that one weekend of sales doesn't equate to a poor holiday season or even a drop in momentum.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

A couple of things to note:

1) we don t know how much stock there was of each system type. The Switch could literally be outselling both the ps4 and x1 combined but not be sold out if stocks were lined up right. (Note, I don't believe that to be true)

2) you can get a ps4 or x1 for under 200 USD right now. They've finally hit bargain bin pricing. That's the kind if pricing where someone who is happy with [platform x] is willing to impulse buy [platform y] to finally play those 5 games they wished were on [platform x]. As long as the Switch continues to sell like candy, i don't think Nintendo is going to care if they are outsold by bargain bin flash sale items

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

And...the switch is now sold out again at most online retailers.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide:

Yup. Sold out on Amazon at least.

What does this mean? Every-goddamn-thing sells well on Black Friday.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@mandzilla said:

I reckon the Switch will sell pretty well, here in the UK at least. Amazon have put up the Mario bundle for £279 which was unexpected. It's normally £329!

Afraid not, UK is a mega weak Nintendo market.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

TSHBO

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Telekill said:

I think for Black Friday that consumers were expecting at least a $50 off deal on Switch and there was not one. It's a new system that's selling well, sure, but there were no Black Friday deals on the Switch itself that I saw. That in itself is probably a major contributor to the OP's findings.

Good to remember that one weekend of sales doesn't equate to a poor holiday season or even a drop in momentum.

There doesn't need to be a $50.00 deduction from the price because people will purchase it at full price. While I was not expecting a price drop (temporarily) I was expecting some sort of bundle unless Nintendo is still marketing on the Odyssey and Splatoon 2 bundles.

I guarantee I can walk into any B&M later on today and there will not be a Switch in stock. These things were still moving quickly pre black Friday let alone now with the Holiday Season officially here.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@22Toothpicks said:

@Bread_or_Decide:

Plenty of xbox one x's tho.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Sold out could also mean they have more switch stock due to Ninty upping their production numbers. Invalid comparison confirmed.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Techhog89

@Bread_or_Decide said:

No. Just Amazon and Walmart. Gamestop, Best Buy and Target all have tons of stock.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@techhog89 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

No. Just Amazon and Walmart. Gamestop, Best Buy and Target all have tons of stock.

Do you people actually go to store sites to see if a system is sold out or not even though you are not even buying one. ROFLMAO!!!!

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Techhog89

@Xabiss said:
@techhog89 said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Do you people actually go to store sites to see if a system is sold out or not even though you are not even buying one. ROFLMAO!!!!

I'm looking out for friends.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Techhog89

@Phazevariance said:

Sold out could also mean they have more switch stock due to Ninty upping their production numbers. Invalid comparison confirmed.

More stock than Sony? Literally impossible.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Friggin' plebs and their PS4 Slims, bah...

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

I admit I only went to Amazon since I do not care enough to search everywhere but Amazon was not sold out on any model.

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MooseWayne
Member since 2017 • 361 Posts

All 3 selling well. This is good right?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

$199 PS4 was bound to sell like crack.

No surprise here, it's the best console with the most games and the deal is too good to pass up for most people. I'm surprised Sony didn't have enough PS4s to meet demand, you'd think think they'd be used to this by now going by how many PS4s they sold last year.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56026 Posts

^For a 4 year old console, I didn't think it sell like Crack on the street lol. I always assume everyone already own PS4 since it was really hard to find one at launch back in the day. If anyone misses out on that deal, there's always Cyber Monday.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@davillain- said:

^For a 4 year old console, I didn't think it sell like Crack on the street lol. I always assume everyone already own PS4 since it was really hard to find one at launch back in the day. If anyone misses out on that deal, there's always Cyber Monday.

Not at $250-299 they don't. Most of my casual buddies don't even have PS4s and XB1 yet. The sweet spot for most people is $199.

I knew PS4 and XB1S were going to have a phenomenal holiday as soon as I saw the $199 BF deal. This is the deal most casuals were waiting on to jump aboard.

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#39 Kjtc1979
Member since 2017 • 365 Posts

@quadknight: If they are selling it at cost or at a loss at $199, they might have limited the number they were willing to sell at that price point and gone through the stock quicker than expected. The online retailers out of stock for Switch right now will still let you order it for delivery in December when they restock, but won't do the same for PS4 because they'd have to honor the $199 price this week.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

@22Toothpicks said:

@Bread_or_Decide:

Hmm I just tried to test that theory so I looked up All PS4 versions , and xbox one versions to see if that's accurate, including the Pro and X versions, here's what I found:

For PS4

The only version of PS4 that was in stock was the $299 Starwars Battlefront II version, the $299 Call of Duty WWII bundle is out of stock til Dec 1 2017. All other versions are referred out various to 3rd party dealers with no "in stock" tab for direct order from Amazon.

That means even the PS4 Pro version is also showing out of stock for Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=ps4&rh=n%3A468642%2Ck%3Aps4

For Xbox one

All versions of Xbox one I looked at were shown "In Stock" even the fire sale $189 base version.

If anyone is wondering the X version is also "in stock" for Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=xbox+one&rh=n%3A468642%2Ck%3Axbox+one

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Techhog89

@xantufrog said:

1) we don t know how much stock there was of each system type. The Switch could literally be outselling both the ps4 and x1 combined but not be sold out if stocks were lined up right. (Note, I don't believe that to be true)

2) you can get a ps4 or x1 for under 200 USD right now. They've finally hit bargain bin pricing. That's the kind if pricing where someone who is happy with [platform x] is willing to impulse buy [platform y] to finally play those 5 games they wished were on [platform x]. As long as the Switch continues to sell like candy, i don't think Nintendo is going to care if they are outsold by bargain bin flash sale items

Yeah, looking into it more it seems more like what's really happening is that people are picking PS4 over Switch because of the sale. PS4 will win this month by a huge margin, but Switch will come out on top in December.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lexxluger

@techhog89 said:
@xantufrog said:

Yeah, looking into it more it seems more like what's really happening is that people are picking PS4 over Switch because of the sale. PS4 will win this month by a huge margin, but Switch will come out on top in December.

lol there is NO way for us to know that.

The Switch is selling out everywhere. If PS4 is even close to the Switch is sales it's a huge victory for sony.

The only thing we can say for certain is that it's really competitive between The Switch and PS4 for the biggest draw for the hottest console seller this holidy.

I can say for sure, the one thing that no one expected was that Sony would have supply problems this holiday compared to Nint.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@techhog89: So, you provide Anecdotal evidence to prove that the Switch Momentum is slowing down while the pseudo-PC Twins have sold out due to their Brack Friday Bunduru deals?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#44 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Oh noes, Sony's artificial scarcity!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

No Black Friday here in Mexico, but last week was “El Buen Fin”, 4 days of sales, all consoles had good discounts but still, even with a 1,500 Mex discount on the Switch I didn’t get one, I’ll wait until it has more games.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@Random_Matt: Hmm well yeah that is true, guess we'll have to wait and see. On another note the SNES classic sold out in three hours on UK Nintendo store at the regular price! Those things are like unicorns to track down here.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Miyomatic said:

Parents buy their kids what they ask for.

Oh, so children like to play PS4. I thought it was the other way around with anything Nintendo.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Techhog89

Oops. I jumped the gun. RIP me

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lexxluger

lol, yea silly you

@techhog89 said:

Like I said the Switch is selling out everywhere and Sony will be luck if PS4's numbers are even close to what the Switch racks up.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Techhog89

@lexxluger said:

lol, yea silly you

@techhog89 said:

Like I said the Switch is selling out everywhere and Sony will be luck if PS4's numbers are even close to what the Switch racks up.

No, PS4 will still be higher for sure unless they really limited the stock for the sale. That said, this will be the best month of the decade for sales and everyone will be happy. Also, Switch is still in stock in my city pretty much everywhere.