PS4 = slightly bellow Mid range PC. Xbone = entry level PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts
@emgesp said:

@Motokid6 said:

Console exclusives blow big donkey bawls.

Yet, The Last of Us is one of the highest rated games of the past decade. Won more awards than any recent PC exclusive. Name me 2-3 quality PC exclusives released in the last 3 yrs that have a metacritic score of 90, or higher.

There are exactly 3:

Dota 2

Guild Wars 2

Shogun 2

In 7 days Shogun 2 will older than 3 years.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#52 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

No way

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Most people play on tablets and mobiles than "desktop". The very concept of "desktop" pc is antiquated. A tiny group of elitists desperately clinging to the past while the rest of the world moves on.

Touche.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@glez13 said:
@emgesp said:

@Motokid6 said:

Yet, The Last of Us is one of the highest rated games of the past decade. Won more awards than any recent PC exclusive. Name me 2-3 quality PC exclusives released in the last 3 yrs that have a metacritic score of 90, or higher.

There are exactly 3:

Dota 2

Guild Wars 2

Shogun 2

so a moba, mmorpg and strategy game. yay /s

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

consoles sucks,specially the POS4.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 glez13

@Krelian-co said:

@glez13 said:
@emgesp said:

@Motokid6 said:

There are exactly 3:

Dota 2

Guild Wars 2

Shogun 2

Yep.

But while checking that it seems that in the end the PC shines in favorable reviewed exclusives according to MC's yearly reports.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/best-video-games-of-2013

The previous years don't include the PC in detail, but just counting myself, in 2012 PC also smokes the rest of systems in high scoring games and exclusives on MC. Counted 4 Universal Acclaim games (lower than 6 and 7 of PS3 and 360,1 Wii/Wiiu) but 52 Favorable exclusives(compared to 6 and 8 of PS3 and 360, 6 for Wii/WiiU).

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@ProjectPat187 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Most people play on tablets and mobiles than "desktop". The very concept of "desktop" pc is antiquated. A tiny group of elitists desperately clinging to the past while the rest of the world moves on.

You obviously have no clue wtf you are talking about, delete your account.

My friend, look at figures for the desktop market then look at figures for the tablet and mobile market. These house bricks are a thing of the past. A relic. It's a factually based comment.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 uninspiredcup

@Krelian-co said:

@glez13 said:
@emgesp said:

@Motokid6 said:

There are exactly 3:

Dota 2

Guild Wars 2

Shogun 2

But Shogun 2 and Guild Wars 2 are better than any console exclusive.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Ps4 = Ibuypower

Xbone = Emachines.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@glez13 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@glez13 said:
@emgesp said:

@Motokid6 said:

There are exactly 3:

Dota 2

Guild Wars 2

Shogun 2

Yep.

But while checking that it seems that in the end the PC shines in favorable reviewed exclusives according to MC's yearly reports.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/best-video-games-of-2013

The previous years don't include the PC in detail, but just counting myself, in 2012 PC also smokes the rest of systems in high scoring games and exclusives on MC. Counted 4 Universal Acclaim games (lower than 6 and 7 of PS3 and 360,1 Wii/Wiiu) but 52 Favorable exclusives(compared to 6 and 8 of PS3 and 360, 6 for Wii/WiiU).

a. 4 of the top 5 games of the year aren't on pc, gta v last of us and mario and fire emblem.

b. most pc games are indie, and while some are great, let's face it they are not near the best aaa franchises.

c. the rest are moba or mmorpgs, 2 genres that do not apppeal to many people including myself

d. pc is the best for multiplats, but again, face it, exclusives? lol no.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@glez13 said:
@emgesp said:

@Motokid6 said:

There are exactly 3:

Dota 2

Guild Wars 2

Shogun 2

Am I missing something? These are the most played and highest skill-cap games on the planet?

Was naming them supposed to be an insult? Am I supposed to think a 4 hour long QTE Movie-Game is somehow a more solid genre? LOL?

Oh and, it's not wise for you to use MC:

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

LOL, no.

what exactly were you expecting the results to be? PS4 coming out on top? lol

In every test i have run (with all layers of the SOC unlocked and DX12 implemented) THE ONE comes out on top. Every single time.

Right now the civilian version of THE ONE is still pretty much in beta.

Do u even believe the bullshit you say....

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 glez13

@uninspiredcup said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend, look at figures for the desktop market then look at figures for the tablet and mobile market. These house bricks are a thing of the past. A relic. It's a factually based comment.

Actually if you look at the figures they point out that in a few years if the trend continues they could be a thing of the past. Which is clearly different from what you wrote.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 uninspiredcup

@Jankarcop said:

Was naming them supposed to be an insult? Am I supposed to think a 4 hour long QTE Movie-Game is somehow a more solid genre? LOL?

I agree my friend, it's a very silly comment to make. Generally speaking, all the genres listed above have more game in them than any bare bones movie game the young people play, Indeed, the majority of the young people complain about it. Yet (for some reason) attempt to bash, actual games. Incredibly odd.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

What about WII-U?

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

"A thing of the past" that perform 5 to 10 times better than the most expensive tablet. It sound very progressive, I can't resist to get one LOL

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Using mulitplat launch games for any kind of comparison is pretty stupid.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 uninspiredcup

@MK-Professor said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

"A thing of the past" that perform 5 to 10 times better than the most expensive tablet. It sound very progressive, I can't resist to get one LOL

But my friend... nobody actually cares. Not reviewers, not Publishers, not the general public. The argument of "oh well it's really powerful". It's also incredibly bulky, expensive and problematic. Typical Joe Public would rather have a little square thing in which one only has to touch the screen like star trek. This is the reality now. A factually based one that is inarguable. Yet, alas, you try.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@topgunmv: explain your faulty logic.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@MK-Professor said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But my friend... nobody actually cares. Not reviewers, not Publishers, not the general public. The argument of "oh well it's really powerful". It's also incredibly bulky, expensive and problematic. Typical Joe Public would rather have a little square thing in which one only has to touch the screen like star trek. This is the reality now. A factually based one that is inarguable. Yet, alas, you try.

The only sad part about all of this is that you are actually serious.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 NFJSupreme

@ProjectPat187: I was thinking the same thing. He has convinced himself that what he is saying is true. The power of rationalization. It's sad and funny at the same time when you see it.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@MK-Professor said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@emgesp said:

You can't play Sony exclusives on the PC. PC might have its advantages in terms of graphics, but in my opinion it offers inferior exclusives compared to consoles.

Also, the vast majority of PC multiplats aren't night and day better visually than the console versions. They are basically up ports with better image quality options, but far from the dramatic leap that some of those PC elitists make them out to be. Sure, when you take screen shots and point out the differences its noticeable, but when you're actually playing the game those little details don't really make a huge difference. I'm talking about when compared to the next-gen consoles not the PS3/360.

At the end of the day, all the horsepower in the world can't make up for inferior exclusives.

Yet there millions of posts regarding the PS4 graphical superiority over Xbox One as the key thing in this generation.

I totally agree by the way, the graphics are close enough across xbox One, PS4 and PC so that other things such as exclusive games and experiences make the difference.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 topgunmv

@NFJSupreme:Have you never been through a console launch before? Developers didn't even know how much memory the ps4 was going to have until it was almost out.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#77 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

Console won over PC despite COD being a launch port? SELFOWN hahaha. Even Steam admitted that half of PC gamers have rigs that couldn't produce visuals that compare to the 360 version of GTA5, an almost decade old console. So it's no surprise that next gen consoles beat the vast majority of PCs.

High end PCs are for video editors or graphic designers.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mr-powers said:

Console won over PC despite COD being a launch port? SELFOWN hahaha. Even Steam admitted that half of PC gamershave rigs that couldn't produce visuals that compare to the 360 version of GTA5, an almost decade old console. So it's no surprise that next gen consoles beat the vast majority of PCs.

source please

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#79  Edited By highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

LOL, no.

what exactly were you expecting the results to be? PS4 coming out on top? lol

In every test i have run (with all layers of the SOC unlocked and DX12 implemented) THE ONE comes out on top. Every single time.

Right now the civilian version of THE ONE is still pretty much in beta.

Delusional this one is.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 NFJSupreme

@topgunmv said:

@NFJSupreme:Have you never been through a console launch before? Developers didn't even know how much memory the ps4 was going to have until it was almost out.

few things here. I get your point and it's valid but I'm not talking about graphical fidelity here we're talking about performance. It is true that over the life of a console graphical fidelity improves drastically. This is well documented and I have stated this before. But it is also true that throughout the life of a console performance does not iimprove drastically. In fact it stays pretty much the same and might actually decrease as the console gets pushed to it's limits. Don't believe me? Google the resolution and fps of games like Uncharted, Halo, Call of Duty, Killzone, and other last gen PS360 games and google their resolution and fps for each of their games. You will find that not only do they stay pretty much the same with some slight improvements some of them actually had lower resolution in later installments even though the later installment clearly looked better. Yes judging performance with launch games is valid so long as the games aren't broken (if they were using AC4 or COD launch code this would be pointless cause those games launched not in their final form.) This mid range PC will outperform next gen consoles for their entire generation same way the 8800GT outperformed the PS360 through out it's life.

@mr-powers said:

Console won over PC despite COD being a launch port? SELFOWN hahaha. Even Steam admitted that half of PC gamers have rigs that couldn't produce visuals that compare to the 360 version of GTA5, an almost decade old console. So it's no surprise that next gen consoles beat the vast majority of PCs.

your post is irrelevant to this thread. What does it have to do with the fact that this mid level PC and others with similar specs outperform all the next gen consoles? Or that the PS4 gives you mid range PC performance for entry level price. Or that the xbone gives you entry level performance and costs almost as much as the midrange PC? In understand you are insecure about your console but try to add something useful to the discussion.

Also no one cares about the people who choose to game on lower powered PCs because they play shit like DOTA 2 or LoL. We are talking about what is available to the consumer. If the number of people who have capable gaming PCs (lets just say as strong as the xbone or stronger) is a valid argument for whatever it is you are trying to argue then the next gen consoles are completely invalidated because even less people have those than capable gaming PCs. A lot less people actually. Go back to the drawing board and come back when you have a legitimate comment to make.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Read http://techreport.com/news/25197/as-overall-pc-market-declines-growth-expected-in-gaming-hardware

Gaming PCs are in the growth phase while casual PCs are in decline.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By NFJSupreme

@SEANMCAD said:

@uninspiredcup said:

but I think the question is why.

Why has something that is technically superior in all ways become 'antiquated'.

Has anyone who claims PC gaming is dying ever actually looked up the numbers? Because if they did they would see that PC gaming is actually growing while the rest of the industry is in decline. But people don't actually research or care to fact check themselves here. They just talk out their asses.

Edit: misread your post. all is well.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 NFJSupreme

@SEANMCAD said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@uninspiredcup said:

antiquated according to who? Has anyone one of you who claim PC gaming is dying ever actually looked up the numbers? Because if you did you would see that PC gaming is actually growingwhile the rest of the industry is in decline. But you guys don't actually research or care to fact check yourself here. You just talk out your asses.

either way my point is antiquated and sales are not the same thing. 'Antiquated' refers to technology that is no longer relevant which in the case of the PC doesn't make any sense.

Everyone running around playing games on a 5" monitor and 1gb of ram saying the PC is 'antiquated' has their head up the old ass

yeah the way the market is going PC is for gaming and productivity and tablets are for dicking around on the internet.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Has anyone who claims PC gaming is dying ever actually looked up the numbers? Because if they did they would see that PC gaming is actually growing while the rest of the industry is in decline. But people don't actually research or care to fact check themselves here. They just talk out their asses.

I would note though that PC gaming growth does not necessarily mean that the desktop form factor, ie. the traditional conception of a gaming PC with a powerful graphics card inside, is growing in popularity. It just means that PC software revenue is increasing from all sources.

PC gaming is a huge and highly profitable segment but most of that growth is not coming from the high-end desktop market. I own a traditional gaming rig myself (and think it's the best platform by far for gaming, so I'm happy to cling desperately to it) but the estimated shipment numbers [http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS24700314] make it pretty clear that desktops are not the number one player in the PC market anymore. It is fair to say it is widely considered an "antiquated" consumer-end form factor even if the technology inside it is cutting edge.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

@uninspiredcup: When tablets have better graphics and games than desktops I'll move on. Android and iOS games not only have the worst controls but also lack the quality of PC, console and handheld games because of being free and full of ads.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 ronvalencia

@SEANMCAD said:

@ronvalencia said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Read http://techreport.com/news/25197/as-overall-pc-market-declines-growth-expected-in-gaming-hardware

Gaming PCs are in the growth phase while casual PCs are in decline.

this little fact is what I have been trying to explain to a lot of people in regards to Microsoft's possible strategies in the future.

For years the main reason people had a PC in the home is for web and games. with tablets that leaves only games. That will affect microsoft decisions.

its funny how some will say 'the PC is dying' and as soon as I bring up the point above they all come and argue that the home market for Excel is huge.

Well, Intel Slivermont SoC tablets got about ~12 percent of X86 PC market in a very short time.

I have Dell Venue 8 Pro (8 inch tablet) which is based on Intel Silvermont SoC with ~2.5 watts. It can record 1920x1080p videos with ease which blows away Apple's iPad Mini Retina's 1280x720 video record capability. I also have Apple iPad Mini A5 SoC variant. Dell Venue 8 Pro rivals my Apple iPad Mini in size.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ronvalencia

@SakusEnvoy said:

@NFJSupreme said:

@SEANMCAD said:

@uninspiredcup said:

I would note though that PC gaming growth does not necessarily mean that the desktop form factor, ie. the traditional conception of a gaming PC with a powerful graphics card inside, is growing in popularity. It just means that PC software revenue is increasing from all sources.

PC gaming is a huge and highly profitable segment but most of that growth is not coming from the high-end desktop market. I own a traditional gaming rig myself (and think it's the best platform by far for gaming, so I'm happy to cling desperately to it) but the estimated shipment numbers [http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS24700314] make it pretty clear that desktops are not the number one player in the PC market anymore. It is fair to say it is widely considered an "antiquated" consumer-end form factor even if the technology inside it is cutting edge.

From http://jonpeddie.com/press-releases/details/global-pc-gaming-hardware-sales-shrug-off-pc-market-decline/

"Global PC Gaming Hardware Sales Shrug off PC Market Decline"

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

7.6 million concurrent users, and 65+ million users on Steam. I wouldn't say that it's a "tiny group". That's a lot of people to have playing at one time. That's more users than the Gold subscription.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

By that logic consoles are also "antiquated". But anyways my PC is connected to my 55" TV with an HDMI cable and I use Logitech's F710 wireless gamepad to play my games. It doesn't really feel like an antiquated setup.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

bored with your trolling personality already and switching back?

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#96 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Is this true? lol.

There's plenty of good things about PC, but the way that Steam and other DD services seamlessly transfer over your library from gen to gen is amazing.

Let's get real and consider that any desktop quad paired with a newer ~$150 GPU can handle games as good as next-gen systems. How much of need is there to build an entirely new system from scratch?

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 topgunmv

@DealRogers said:

@uninspiredcup: When tablets have better graphics and games than desktops I'll move on. Android and iOS games not only have the worst controls but also lack the quality of PC, console and handheld games because of being free and full of ads.

Most new android games (can't speak to ios because I don't have an apple device) support full fledged console style controllers now.

Although I agree that right now most of those games are a microtransaction shitfest.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 topgunmv
@NFJSupreme said:

@topgunmv said:

few things here. I get your point and it's valid but I'm not talking about graphical fidelity here we're talking about performance. It is true that over the life of a console graphical fidelity improves drastically. This is well documented and I have stated this before. But it is also true that throughout the life of a console performance does not iimprove drastically. In fact it stays pretty much the same and might actually decrease as the console gets pushed to it's limits. Don't believe me? Google the resolution and fps of games like Uncharted, Halo, Call of Duty, Killzone, and other last gen PS360 games and google their resolution and fps for each of their games. You will find that not only do they stay pretty much the same with some slight improvements some of them actually had lower resolution in later installments even though the later installment clearly looked better. Yes judging performance with launch games is valid so long as the games aren't broken (if they were using AC4 or COD launch code this would be pointless cause those games launched not in their final form.) This mid range PC will outperform next gen consoles for their entire generation same way the 8800GT outperformed the PS360 through out it's life.

Well, right. The specs are the specs. My point is there are always issues with launch window multiplats, games like Quake4 and Prey ran and looked like ass on consoles, but ran great on my pentium 4 with a radeon x800.

Games later in the gen, not so much.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#99  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
@emgesp said:

You can't play Sony exclusives on the PC. PC might have its advantages in terms of graphics, but in my opinion it offers inferior exclusives compared to consoles.

Also, the vast majority of PC multiplats aren't night and day better visually than the console versions. They are basically up ports with better image quality options, but far from the dramatic leap that some of those PC elitists make them out to be. Sure, when you take screen shots and point out the differences its noticeable, but when you're actually playing the game those little details don't really make a huge difference. I'm talking about when compared to the next-gen consoles not the PS3/360.

At the end of the day, all the horsepower in the world can't make up for inferior exclusives.

Maybe if sony's exclusives were actually good you would have a point ,the AI in the last of us is similar to pac man. All the good games get released on all systems anyway, even games that once were sony's exclusives (like dark souls) and the pc always has the best version. The Xbox console may be a bit weaker than the ps4 but at least they cater an operating system (windows) for the pc that runs games with the latest hardware.

Real shame a lot of lemmings bought an ps4 now because they think the power is that much better, well it actually is but not after xbox1's overclock, and the ps4 is still an entry level pc lol, not midrange.

I hope sony didn't make a lot of profit on their ps4 sales , because the only reason that ms pushed the kinect onto the user is probably because of VR, they patented the tech for their console a year before sony did. Since sony doesn't have a kinect, that will be a big downside for VR experiences. Microsoft did sell a lot less consoles but if vr takes off, the dev market has a real market there, because i can't see any big sales anymore on today's games.

Have you seen anyone that was excited over a new game lately, probably not. The reason is lack of innovation, but vr will bring that and microsoft has the best cards here. With the kinect, and the windows system, the oculus rift is happening on the pc, the pc runs windows, xbox runs windows. Can you smell it? I can , to hell with sony, they disgraced the innovation of computergames since the nineties with their stupid playstations.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@topgunmv said:
@NFJSupreme said:

@topgunmv said:

Well, right. The specs are the specs. My point is there are always issues with launch window multiplats, games like Quake4 and Prey ran and looked like ass on consoles, but ran great on my pentium 4 with a radeon x800.

Games later in the gen, not so much.

The reason for that was because the games were still being developed with only single core usage and non shader intensive engines. It took almost two years for the 360 to see games use all three cores and actually see engines that were more shader based(making use of the new standard of unified shader architecture) . And then for the PS3 it also took almost two years to tap into the unused SPU's from the Cell to complement the RSX. These new consoles are nothing like their predecessors.

These new consoles are cut from the same cloth as PC's using x86 based cpu's, and using current low to mid ranged gpu's. Developers know what they have and dont have to wait for the software to mature to make use of all the cpu cores nor have to design engines that can make use of the gpu's. Most of the work has been done already. The only things they have to do is tweak the minor details. While we will see improvements as time goes on it will not be anything like what happened from 7th gen or earlier since Pc has already made the standards years ago. Once these cross generational games get phased out where the PS3/360 are the lcd the quality standard in general will improve.

Also like to point out that these console's have very weak cpu's along with only 6 cores available for games and the OS+features memory allocation eats 3-3.5 gb of the 8gb.